AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Little Busters (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=124)
-   -   Little Busters - Anime Pre-Airing News and Anticipation (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=111200)

Zexas 2012-03-25 11:31

Little Busters - Anime Pre-Airing News and Anticipation

Ad: Key's Little Busters! Visual Novel Gets TV Anime

Quote:

Announced in ad during webradio@dengekibunko program

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A commercial during the 34th episode of ASCII Media Works' webradio@dengekibunko program announced that a television anime adaptation of Key's Little Busters! visual novel has been green-lit. The commercial for the Dengeki Visual Art's 2012 Spring publication plays at the 49:46 mark.

Key, an adult game brand of Visual Art's, released the original romance adventure game for personal computers in 2007, and it has since been ported to the PlayStation 2 and PSP platforms. The Japanese software company Prototype just released the PS Vita version (pictured right) on Thursday.

Awesome news! :love:

Though I prefer Rewrite but it only a matter of time anyway :D

Now the question is which studio......

Haak 2012-03-25 11:35

Little Busters anime is good news. Not that I've ever considered Key works to be masterpieces but they generally tend to be memorable.

larethian 2012-03-25 11:43

Awesome news indeed. One less future show that I can post speculations. :heh:

T_T ;_; T_T

Cosmic Eagle 2012-03-25 11:49

Hmmm.....

Looks at horde of screaming Key fans

>_>

WHERE'S MY ANGEL BEATS VN DAMMIT

tsunade666 2012-03-25 11:50

The hell is this true! is this true! is this true! is this true! is this true! is this true!!!!!!

GREATEST NEWS EVER!!!

It's been years since I wish for this and it turns into a running joke that it little busters will have an anime and so as full metal panic.

BUT IT FINALLY COME TRUE!!!!!!

Klashikari 2012-03-25 11:53

Some points I hope they will clear up quickly:
-Studio
-Format (continuous or omnibus)
-Episodes count
-Regular or EX

The best scenario would be KyoAni, continuous storytelling with 48 Episodes just like Clannad with EX content (at least Saya thrown in the pack). Problem is how currently the studio best suited for this adaptation are busy as hell.
So I don't think we might see it ready before winter 2012, unless some big surprise surge out of nowhere.

Guardian Enzo 2012-03-25 11:55

It'd be fun if this were announced to be DEEN, just to hear the arteries popping from miles away.

SoFarGone 2012-03-25 12:01

Yes yes yes yesss

tsunade666 2012-03-25 12:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo (Post 4072154)
It'd be fun if this were announced to be DEEN, just to hear the arteries popping from miles away.

DEEN :twitch: :frustrated: DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN!!!!

Please don't JINX It :heh: :heh: :heh:

serenade_beta 2012-03-25 12:09

*hopes it is GONZO*

totoum 2012-03-25 12:11

Quote:

Or just imagine the rage if this is Yamakan's big comeback :p

tsunade666 2012-03-25 12:13

^ Kyo ani..... well I still trust them than other studio. At least I like most of their works.

Ascaloth 2012-03-25 12:14

Well. Wow. Honestly, I can't imagine anyone BUT KyoAni doing it...

Tyabann 2012-03-25 12:20

I'm probably the only person alive that wants to see Silver Link do this. :heh: Little Busters can be really, uh, arty at times, and I don't think KyoAni has it in them to adapt the story in a way that visually reflects that.

Cosmic Eagle 2012-03-25 12:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsunade666 (Post 4072166)
DEEN :twitch: :frustrated: DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN!!!!

Please don't JINX It :heh: :heh: :heh:

It could be ZEXCS....

Guardian Enzo 2012-03-25 12:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by totoum (Post 4072176)

I'd be fine with that. Given an established source material, I still think Yamakan is capable of greatness.

farios 2012-03-25 12:33

Absolutely a good news, i hope for:

1. Keep all the seiyuus (i won't accept anyone other than Midorikawa to voice Kyousuke),
2. Kyo Ani to do the animation
3. After the disappointment that is AB i hope they'd do at least 20+ episodes
4. Saya

Eater of All 2012-03-25 12:33

Holy shit my jaws literally dropped when I saw the news on ANN.

I guess one of the big questions now is, how will they make the story work for a tv anime format? Even if KyoAni won't be the studio, I hope at least it's a competent one (i.e. not 3 of the 4 mentioned so far :p), with a committee that's willing to pour good resources into making it 2+-cour.

Kimidori 2012-03-25 13:17

I'm hoping if it not Kyoani, P.A Work will do this

Ithekro 2012-03-25 13:22

Well so now it is a waiting game. Just a different kind of waiting game.

zeniselv 2012-03-25 13:26

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by serenade_beta (Post 4072172)
*hopes it is GONZO*

i would prefer gonzo a thousand times, if it came to that, deen certainly dont know how to make these kind of stories, ryukishi 07 adaptations atest to that.

anyway in the past key adaptations we got first a crappy toei movie then a good tv series by kyoani.

justsomeguy 2012-03-25 13:40

Good news, finally. Just hope that it' a good studio doing this. God forbid it's DEEN or JC Staff, because that will be worse than not having one.

MisaoFan 2012-03-25 13:41

I wonder if ARMS, TNK or Hoods can do the Ecstasy adaptation :heh:

As for zeniselv, Kanon was first adapted into Toei TV series.

Ithekro 2012-03-25 13:41

So LB (2012) - 13 episodes, followed by LB (2016) - 50 episodes...in the Toei to KyoAni pattern of things.....Kanon.

RapidPotential 2012-03-25 13:47

Aha, the long-anticipated title. Excellent. Having personally played the VN, I'm one of those hoping that whichever studio is animating this, will at least manage the direction of the series decently. Not asking for much at all.

BLAM 2012-03-25 13:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by farios (Post 4072211)
Absolutely a good news, i hope for:

1. Keep all the seiyuus (i won't accept anyone other than Midorikawa to voice Kyousuke),
2. Kyo Ani to do the animation
3. After the disappointment that is AB i hope they'd do at least 20+ episodes
4. Saya

You read my mind you wizard.

I hope we get 24 episodes, I don't think 13 is at all enough to cram Little Busters! together.

MisaoFan 2012-03-25 13:50

Gets Hoods Entertainment (the studio responsible for Seikon no Qwaser) to animate the Ecstasy anime !

Leo_Otaku 2012-03-25 13:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by serenade_beta (Post 4072172)
*hopes it is GONZO*

LOL screw you XD

Best news I thought I was being trolled I am ecstatic now!!!! I want Kyo-ani too!!!

Klashikari 2012-03-25 14:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLAM (Post 4072358)
You read my mind you wizard.

I hope we get 24 episodes, I don't think 13 is at all enough to cram Little Busters! together.

24 is not enough so 12 is outright suicide.
LB is longer than Clannad which needed 48 episodes, despite it still had some cuts around.

Reckoner 2012-03-25 14:15

Read the VN, it was pretty meh, but KyoAni usually makes it better than their sources which are just a huge grind.

Will watch, but if anyone else other than KyoAni gets it it will probably be trash.

Archon_Wing 2012-03-25 14:22

I loved Key's work and all, but I have to admit that I hope that they try something more distinct, as it can get formulaic and I am tiring of it. ie. don't recycle plot lines from previous incarnations.

But hopefully there's a quiet and cool soft spoken girl, that will hold me over til the end. :3

Jao 2012-03-25 14:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archon_Wing (Post 4072408)
But hopefully there's a quiet and cool soft spoken girl, that will hold me over til the end. :3

There's Mio. She's quiet, cool, soft spoken and snarks a lot. She's great.

Archon_Wing 2012-03-25 14:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jao (Post 4072424)
There's Mio. She's quiet, cool, soft spoken and snarks a lot. She's great.

Oh cool. That's perfect. XD Key does the quiet type quite well, though I was hoping for someone not as boring as say Kanade. (She's cute, but personality wise... well I feel like I need more to work with.) So that's a good sign.

Dextro 2012-03-25 14:55

I'll just repost what I said on the announcements thread: "With KyoAni so busy lately I'm really scared that it might go to some other studio. Like others said if it's one of P.A. Works or White Fox it might still be ok but outside of that it'll be reason to get apprehensive. Just no Deen or Toei please!"

Quote:

Originally Posted by totoum (Post 4072176)

I can already see it: Deen gets it with Yamakan at the helm and with the script on the hands of Okada... Oh yes, I can see the blood runing through the streets of japan already. :heh:

Proto 2012-03-25 14:56

KyoAniKyoAniKyoAniKyoAniKyoAniKyoAniKyoAniKyoAniKy oAniKyoAniKyoAniKyoAniKyoAniKyoAniKyoAniKyoAniKyoA niKyoAniKyoAniKyoAniKyoAniKyoAniKyoAniKyoAniKyoAni KyoAniKyoAniKyoAniKyoAniKyoAniKyoAniKyoAniKyoAniKy oAniKyoAniKyoAniKyoAniKyoAniKyoAniKyoAniKyoAniKyoA niKyoAniKyoAniKyoAniKyoAniKyoAniKyoAniKyoAniKyoAni KyoAniKyoAniKyoAniKyoAniKyoAniKyoAniKyoAniKyoAniKy oAniKyoAniKyoAniKyoAniKyoAniKyoAniKyoAniKyoAniKyoA niKyoAniKyoAniKyoAniKyoAniKyoAniKyoAniKyoAniKyoAni KyoAniKyoAniKyoAniKyoAniKyoAniKyoAniKyoAniKyoAniKy oAniKyoAniKyoAniKyoAniKyoAniKyoAniKyoAniKyoAniKyoA niKyoAniKyoAniKyoAniKyoAniKyoAniKyoAniKyoAniKyoAni KyoAni

That's it.

AbZeroNow 2012-03-25 14:58

I think KyoAni will be the studio animating this, although ufotable would also be great for this. P.A Works would certainly be a decent choice(although some of their works have slipped in quality towards the end. *cough* Another *cough*).

Given how badly DEEN and J.C Staff messed up the VNs of Type Moon(some deny the existence of the one that J.C Staff worked on), I would doubt that Key would allow them to get their hands on one of their properties.

relentlessflame 2012-03-25 15:05

Regardless of which production studio will handle the animation, Key has already shown that it's pretty demanding in terms of how the story will be animated, and I'm sure that they will expect the anime to be handled in an exacting fashion. Even if a less-respected studio gets the project, I think it will definitely be given the "A Game" treatment.

Again, I think people often blame animation studios for decisions that actually have more to do with the production committee and key staff involved (who in many cases don't even work for the animation studio). So even if, say, a J.C.Staff or a Deen were given the animation contract, what matters most is who will be directing, who will be writing, and who will be drawing the character designs. No doubt Key will be heavily involved in that selection process. It's not going to be a case like back in the day where they just throw the project over the fence and other people take care of things with little care shown for how faithful it is to the original. Key knows by now what its fanbase wants.

Athena 2012-03-25 15:08

KyoAni is good at VNs like these. Though DEEN would be my second choice.

But SILVER LINK might be an interesting studio...

MisaoFan 2012-03-25 15:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dextro (Post 4072479)
I can already see it: Deen gets it with Yamakan at the helm and with the script on the hands of Okada... Oh yes, I can see the blood runing through the streets of japan already. :heh:

Or better yet, Hoods Entertainment (Seikon no Qwaser) will get Ecstasy! adaptation with a part of the Seikon no Qwaser staff, with direction by Hiraku Kaneko, series composition by Makoto Uezu and character design by Makoto Uno. I wonder if anyone would laugh at that quote I written :heh:

Athena 2012-03-25 15:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle (Post 4072199)
It could be ZEXCS....

CE, how can you possibly imagine that without doing nightmares at night? :heh: