AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Clannad (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Clannad Game Translation Project (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=42612)

velocity7 2007-02-04 15:31

Clannad Game Translation Project

The project has been revived and is currently under translation. If you're a translator or willing to help do editing for us, please visit us at:

http://clannad.thewafflehouse.net

P.S. GHDpro approved this post. :)
P.S.S. だんご大家族は素敵です~ えへへ

FatPianoBoy 2007-02-04 17:32

No pr0n in Clannad?
I just may end up helping out with this :D

Edit: Provided I can wrap my head around the formatting :twitch:

velocity7 2007-02-04 18:37

Well, formatting exists so translators/editors get control over things like if pause events and the like occur, so there's a good reason why it's there.

FatPianoBoy 2007-02-04 18:42

I understand the purpose. What I don't understand is what I (the translator) am supposed do about it, given that I have no idea how it works.

Onizuka-GTO 2007-02-04 20:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by FatPianoBoy (Post 822529)
I understand the purpose. What I don't understand is what I (the translator) am supposed do about it, given that I have no idea how it works.

I thought Translators suppose to change gobble-giddy into English?

Or I'm I wrong? :p

FatPianoBoy 2007-02-04 21:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO (Post 822607)
I thought Translators suppose to change gobble-giddy into English?

Or I'm I wrong? :p

Japanese gobble-giddy, yes, but this programming stuff is moonspeak to me :confused:
I understand how much easier it is on the editors for the translators to preserve/enter all this stuff as they're going through, and I'm willing to do cooperate, but I'm at least eight years behind in computer science (the last computer we bought was advertised to be Y2K compatible) :heh:
It says that if you can't abide by the guidelines to just post your translation in <pre> tags, but I'm loathe to do that, since I can imagine what the poor soul who has to edit it will go through. Mostly what I don't get is this stuff:
Spoiler:

I'm fine with keeping all the coding the same, but how do I know when to change something and what to change it to?

velocity7 2007-02-05 00:31

Well, for example, if it's something like

"nani ka \pukotteiru deshou"

the original line was

"nani ka ukotteiru deshou"

which translates to

"What might have happened?"

Use your own discretion on where the \p goes.

The EXCEPTION does apply, but if you don't have a copy of the game handy to listen to the voices and see how the event turns out, don't worry about it. Just preserve the event tag as necessary, and it will be dealt with later.

As for the \m{A} and \m{B}, that's just naming. \m{} simply gets the name that's saved in Options.

FatPianoBoy 2007-02-05 19:48

Ah, okay. I think I've got most of it now.

Two more things: how do I know which name is saved in options? There are five names with the \m{A} tag.
Also, are we going from the PC game or the PS2 version? I assumed PC, but I don't think that version has any voice work.

velocity7 2007-02-05 22:42

Actually, that stuff was spoilers. I modified the Guidelines as necessary so that won't be there anymore. Besides, they all call the same thing.

We'll be translating the PC version, it's exactly the same as the PS2. Though at the moment, I'm working off a voice patch. :p

If we finish this and people demand a PS2 version, I may consider it.

FatPianoBoy 2007-02-06 01:12

Spoilers? :mad:
Well, I'll be getting spoiled when I start translating, so it's not big deal, I guess. I edited it out of that post just the same, though.
Now I can finally get to work :D

Onizuka-GTO 2007-02-06 10:22

i like spoilers.

:)

Theclow 2007-02-06 12:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO (Post 824066)
i like spoilers.

:)

Spoilers make the world go round, good luck with the translation FPB.

velocity7 2007-02-09 13:28

We officially hit the 20% translated mark. Thank you everyone for your support! Please help the project move faster! :)

hadora 2007-02-09 17:39

Reading the translation, I remarked you didn't translate what the girl shouted at the end of the fantasy world.
It basically reveal her identity but it only appear in a short fmv.
It's been a while since I last played the game but If I remember correctly, It's
Spoiler:

velocity7 2007-02-09 19:52

That's meant for the graphics stuff. I realize those scenes are there, but they aren't part of the SEEN files, so that's why that part hasn't been translated there, mind you. ;)

velocity7 2007-02-11 14:58

For those who haven't been watching carefully, I've uploaded a new set of formatted UTF script files for people to work with. It should theoretically make inserting text into the script really easy.

FatPianoBoy 2007-02-11 15:39

A cookie for you, velocity, for removing 90% of the tedium from this task and increasing my motivation to do it :D
That must have taken years to go through all that :heh:

velocity7 2007-02-11 19:40

Actually no, I simply wrote a program to do all the auto-formatting. Didn't really think about it before.

velocity7 2007-02-13 13:49

Sorry FatPianoBoy, please use these files:

http://clannad.thewafflehouse.net/fi...utf8_clean.rar

Seems I forgot to upload the version that involved the \{\m{B} problem vs. \{\m{B}}.

Onizuka-GTO 2007-02-13 15:51

lol.

go get an irc channel you two!

:p

boggart 2007-09-19 01:46

As quoted from the Dango Daikazoku translation team over at Baka-Tsuki:

Quote:

September 17, 2007 - Kotomi's route complete, translation status: 74%
Everything looks like it's coming along just nicely!

velocity7 2007-09-27 20:55

I lack the ability to update the splash page on a more consistent basis. :(

But hey, if you check Recent Changes on the wiki, you'll always see there's at least something going on. For the most part. ;)

boggart 2007-09-27 21:07

Wish I had more time to help out with the editing over there... :(

But I guess since I still haven't gone through the game yet, it's likely I would get spoiled even if I did commit myself to the editing team.

Kinny Riddle 2007-09-28 13:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by boggart (Post 1169543)
Wish I had more time to help out with the editing over there... :(

But I guess since I still haven't gone through the game yet, it's likely I would get spoiled even if I did commit myself to the editing team.

Just edit each individual section as you play along, like what I am doing right now. velocity7 has designed the wiki into separate sections for each character (and into different "days" as well), so you won't be spoiled if you avoid reading a section before you read it in the game itself.

Calawain 2007-09-29 00:16

I appreciate the work everyone is doing on this project, especially velocity7. Looking forward to the eventual final release so I can buy the game!

ayukanon45 2007-10-03 17:08

so, can i read whats ready so far?

OceanBlue 2007-10-05 15:52

Is there anything us non-Japanese speakers can do to help the project?

Hansi 2007-10-08 11:21

Hi! I'm Hansi, a Spanish Key Fan. Here in Spain, a group of people is very interested in creating their own patch, that would be able to translate the novel to the Spanish.
I take to long time looking for the method to create the patch, but we, without help, are not able. You can help us?
Thank you very much by your attention, we waited for answer.

Takuto19 2007-10-08 18:17

Really looking forward to the translation release, not understanding japanese kinda sucks sometimes :(

Proto 2007-10-10 00:51

Just in case anyone was wondering, the game runs under wine on a Linux installation

http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/8...shotox9.th.jpg

However, you have to do some work to get the Japanese locale working. However, every step needed is described in this thread from the ubuntu forums. Installation for other distros should be pretty similar

velocity7 2007-10-10 11:17

I'm up for supporting Linux after I've finished with getting the entire thing done for Windows at least. Will need a bit of time, and a lot programmers looking at how good xclannad can get the job done with the current RLdev code as it is.

kwerks 2007-10-28 08:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by OceanBlue (Post 1184102)
Is there anything us non-Japanese speakers can do to help the project?

You can donate money to relief their hourly efforts donated to this project. :heh:

narmi 2007-10-29 20:06

*phew* I can't wait for this project to be finished.

velocity7 2007-11-09 17:48

I just finished translating Nagisa's route! \o/

We are now at 86%!

Takuto19 2007-11-09 17:56

Wooo, can't wait til it's done :)

Keep up the awsome work.

fuzzles 2007-11-09 18:16

i'm so excited my hands are shaking

Proto 2007-11-09 23:12

Quote:

I just finished translating Nagisa's route! \o/

We are now at 86%!
You are just awesome man. :p I doubt more than a handful of translators can keep up with for your pace. Not that it counts for much, but I for one can't. Keep up the good work!

Kristen 2007-11-10 10:02

This is just awesome! I didn't think Nagisa's route would be finished until the 22nd at the earliest. :) Maybe my Christmas translation phase completion prediction wasn't too far off.

In the editing phase, do you need to know Japanese in order to participate? Or is it just checking to see if it is in proper English?

velocity7 2007-11-10 15:55

Even though translation would likely be done by then, proofreading is still a very big necessity.

Editors don't need to know Japanese, but that would be helpful. The most important part is proper English spelling/grammar, but if changes demand that the meaning of a sentence be changed, that is better left to a proficient Japanese translator.

stonedzombie 2007-11-10 16:59

Sweet! Now I just gotta hope my computer can run it.