AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Hanasaku Iroha (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=109)
-   -   Hanasaku Iroha: Home Sweet Home Movie (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=108867)

relentlessflame 2011-12-10 01:04

Hanasaku Iroha: Home Sweet Home Movie

From the New Anime Announcements thread:
Quote:

Originally Posted by stuopidget (Post 3895229)
http://i.imgur.com/eJqhj.jpg

New Hana Saku Iroha anime 2012. Not sure if OVA or TV or what yet.

To re-emphasize what it says in the quote, there's no information yet about the form this will take, or exactly when it will appear next year. I believe this project was also alluded to previously. (Also, to be clear, the anime announcement is not necessarily related to this particular manga; the obi is talking about the manga, and just the sticker confirms the new anime.)

This thread is for news about this project, and speculation (and hopes) for what it might entail.

MeoTwister5 2011-12-10 02:38

Holy sheeeeeet.

Given the ending however I can't see this occurring at Kissuiso unless we get one hell of a retcon.

totoum 2011-12-10 07:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 (Post 3895369)
Holy sheeeeeet.

Given the ending however I can't see this occurring at Kissuiso unless we get one hell of a retcon.

I still want "Hanasaku Iroha/Zero"

Basicly a prequel where we see Sui in her younger days with her husband just after she got the inn

MeoTwister5 2011-12-10 08:35

That... that would actually be pretty awesome.

Goggen 2011-12-10 11:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by totoum (Post 3895635)

Basicly a prequel where we see Sui in her younger days with her husband just after she got the inn

Not me. I want to see the actual cast of "Hanasaku Iroha".

Haak 2011-12-10 11:46

No Ohana = no go.

Dop 2011-12-10 12:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by totoum (Post 3895635)

Actually, that could be brilliant, if they went for a whole period setting thing I'd definitely watch that.

What I kind of expect is a sequel set a few years on where Ohana has inherited the inn and is 'putting the band back together', reuniting all the old team who have spent the intervening time refining their craft, and restarting the business.

taichi-kun 2011-12-10 22:15

ovas please! But I think It will be 2d season..

I really want to read that grafitti manga T.T

Master_Yoma 2011-12-10 22:23

Anther 26eps will be awesome but even if its just an ova or a movie ill still watch it

Pocari_Sweat 2011-12-12 01:20

Oh god, another season of crossdressing, emansculation and sparkling...

I'm in.

Utsuro no Hako 2011-12-12 05:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 (Post 3895369)
Holy sheeeeeet.

The end left plenty of room for a sequel; it just has to be set several years in the future.

hyl 2011-12-12 05:43

Eventhough i also don't mind a prequel though with either Sui or Satsuki as the main character.

Archon_Wing 2011-12-13 02:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haak (Post 3895928)
No Ohana = no go.

Indeed, those other lowlifes that will never amount to anything can never carry a show. :cool:

Utsuro no Hako 2011-12-13 05:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archon_Wing (Post 3900204)
Indeed, those other lowlifes that will never amount to anything can never carry a show. :cool:

Do not dis the awesomeness that is Beanman. He'll kill you in your sleep.

.:Jason:. 2011-12-13 18:11

Quote:

No Ohana = no go.

No Minko = no go.

totoum 2011-12-13 18:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako (Post 3900400)

Another reason why a prequel would be awsome :D

Flower 2011-12-13 18:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archon_Wing (Post 3900204)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako (Post 3900400)

Hrm ... Sui could carry the show methinks ... and frankly I'd be way more scared of Sui killing me in my sleep than Beanman. ;)

Still - I agree, I sincerely hope Ohana will be present!

Student no.0 2011-12-13 18:25

Hanairo/Zero about Sui? Might watch. About Satsuki? Probably not.

But yeah, I'd still like to see the most of the original cast in this next project too. Especially Ohana and Nako-chi ;)

vansonbee 2011-12-16 21:27

Quote:

No Ohana = no go.

You get to see baby Ohana!

ultimatemegax 2012-03-21 10:48

Title and key visual:
http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/g.../iroha_hsh.jpg
Title: Hanasaku Iroha Home Sweet Home

Goggen 2012-03-21 10:52

Interesting. Very interesting.

The title kinda sounds like they'll be going back to the Kissuiso, but from the pic it looks like it simply takes place prior to the anime's end.

Arabesque 2012-03-21 11:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by ultimatemegax (Post 4064281)
Title and key visual:
http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/g.../iroha_hsh.jpg
Title: Hanasaku Iroha Home Sweet Home

Yeah, I have to agree with Goggen that it does sound like this is set before the anime's ending (making a movie or an OVA more likely at this point), Though of course we can't figure much from just a single image, but it does look like Yuina is borrowing Ohana's idea about the uniform for Kissuisō?

DragoZERO 2012-03-21 15:16

They are pictures. I'm going with the cast being older and those pictures are them "looking back" at the times from the first series.

"Home Sweet Home" suggests they are indeed returning to the inn but the question is how much time will have passed? It can't be too long otherwise we lose our coming of age element so it should be interesting to see how they do this.

Haak 2012-03-21 15:46

I hope it is a sequel. Just because they look the same doesn't mean it can't be a sequel. They might have been able to restore Kissuiso quicker than expected.

DragoZERO 2012-03-21 15:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haak (Post 4064769)
I hope it is a sequel. Just because they look the same doesn't mean it can't be a sequel. They might have been able to restore Kissuiso quicker than expected.

Didn't it close because of money and lack of someone to take over?

Archon_Wing 2012-03-21 15:53

Yea, the damned thing closed, but I suppose they could be revisiting it and reminiscing, and then go off to do unrelated things. It could be starting immediately after where it last ended.

Unless they want to hit the reset button and reopen the inn like nothing happened; that would just be silly though.

Flower 2012-03-21 16:17

Hrm ... I guess if it were closed that implies that the Inn was still technically owned by Sui but just unoccupied (and maybe eventually the property would "pass on" to her relatives if she herself passed on? Unless for some reason Sui sold the property....

But I don't remember any of the details (if any at all were mentioned) around the "closing" of the Inn from S1. :\

Haak 2012-03-21 17:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by DragoZERO (Post 4064773)
Didn't it close because of money and lack of someone to take over?

Enishi winning the lottery and growing a pair somehow sounded more plausible in my mind...

Goggen 2012-03-21 17:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flower (Post 4064820)
But I don't remember any of the details (if any at all were mentioned) around the "closing" of the Inn from S1. :\

Well, from what I remember, it went more or less like this: Sui, knowing the series was nearing its end and they needed an emotional climax, decided to close down the inn even though she had no intention of retiring or anything. And so they did. Enishi, knowing that the audience wouldn't want a sad ending, suggested he get himself educated about the business and re-open the Kissuiso in a few years time, and Ohana and her friends vowed to return some day. So, we got to have our cake and eat it too, with an ending what was both happy and sad, or neither, depending on how you want to look at it.

Spoiler for Okay, seriously...:

Uh, sorry for the sudden rant. On topic; I'd love for the new anime to be set after the end of the original with the gang getting back together to re-open the inn. I have a feeling that's not gonna happen, but the title could be read as hinting at that. So, maybe...

DragoZERO 2012-03-21 19:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haak (Post 4064894)
Enishi winning the lottery and growing a pair somehow sounded more plausible in my mind...

Would have to win the lotto to keep the property. Unless there are no taxes in Japan? lol.

Pocari_Sweat 2012-03-21 19:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goggen
Snip

And the fact that it ended neither too overly or sad was exactly the reason why I thought that Iroha's ending was excellent. Too many times do entertainment in all medium forms try to go for overly happy endings (the most common type for the anime medium) or overly sad ones. As a subclass, deus ex type endings piss me off the most - sup "Key".

The best types of endings for me are the ones that are either bittersweet or the "life goes on type". Iroha was the latter. They don't feel cheap to me and are also the typically the most "down to earth"/realistic and don't try to enforce cheesy melodrama on top of it. Bittersweet and "life goes on" endings shouldn't be confused with the term "inconclusive" either. Those imo are ones that just end abruptly and are most likely due to poor planning and rushing towards the end.

Goggen 2012-03-21 20:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by DemiSoda (Post 4065136)
And the fact that it ended neither too overly or sad was exactly the reason why I thought that Iroha's ending was excellent.

You misunderstand. My problem with it was that I felt it tried to do both those things at once, and accomplished neither.

Flower 2012-03-21 20:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by DragoZERO (Post 4065112)
Would have to win the lotto to keep the property. Unless there are no taxes in Japan? lol.

Right ... the taxes ... even if, say, Sui reposed unexpectedly and had willed the Inn property to Ohana taxes would still have to be paid.

Hmm ... I wonder if that might necessitate the Inn re-opening?

DragoZERO 2012-03-21 20:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flower (Post 4065180)
Right ... the taxes ... even if, say, Sui reposed unexpectedly and had willed the Inn property to Ohana taxes would still have to be paid.

Hmm ... I wonder if that might necessitate the Inn re-opening?

I bet you someone was like "What about the taxes?" and the producers were like "It's anime." :heh:

Flower 2012-03-21 20:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by DragoZERO (Post 4065188)
I bet you someone was like "What about the taxes?" and the producers were like "It's anime." :heh:

Oh yeah ... forgot about that for a sec. :D

Hmm ... well to be honest I can't think of any other reason off the top of my head to re-open the Inn other than using the place as a "Summer Dacha" and/or periodically "upkeeping" the place so it doesn't go to ruin. :\

Pocari_Sweat 2012-03-21 20:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goggen (Post 4065174)
You misunderstand. My problem with it was that I felt it tried to do both those things at once, and accomplished neither.

Our views differ then since I thought Iroha's ending did accomplish a healthy medium to the two extremes of happy and sad.

Utsuro no Hako 2012-03-21 22:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haak (Post 4064894)

So you're predicting Okada won't be involved?

HasuMasu 2012-03-22 02:49

Title makes me think it's a sequel, picture makes me think otherwise.

Damn psychological war-fare.

blakstealth 2012-03-25 20:42

yurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

The ballers are back.

ultimatemegax 2012-03-25 21:19

Included on the ninth BD was the promotional video shown at Comiket 81 last December to highlight the new work. While they did not show any new footage (it was a digest of clips from the series, mostly focusing on the end), it did highlight Yuina as one of the four main heroines and mentions that everyone will return. I have not found an uploaded version as of now.