AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   (CR) Arata Kangatari (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=116621)

Guardian Enzo 2012-12-07 04:50

Arata Kangatari

As mentioned above, Arata gets an anime.

It's funny, there was a false report that this had happened a few months back, but this looks legit. I quite like the manga - it was actually licensed in English and I followed it before I came to Japan. Watase Yuu is a very talented artist (though stay away from her doujins unless you want quite a shock). Arata has quite an involving plotline as well. I'll be very interested to see who gets this - I'd love to see Brain's Base working on it.

Update: ANN says Satelight. That's a very solid choice as well.

ghost013 2012-12-07 11:09

About Time

I'm kinda surprised that this didn't get adapted sooner. Anyway, looking forward to this one.

Reckoner 2012-12-07 13:22

Satelight...

*Looks at visuals for Muv Luv Total Eclipse*

:eek:

MisaoFan 2012-12-07 13:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reckoner (Post 4466035)
Satelight...

Hopefully this new show will have Aquarion Evol/AKB0048 level of sublime visuals. ;)

tsunade666 2012-12-07 16:31

Finally an anime for this series but hopefully it won't get the little budget treatment like TE.

totoum 2012-12-07 16:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reckoner (Post 4466035)
Satelight...

Judging all of satelight based on just Muv Luv Total Eclipse

Rosalena 2012-12-08 04:13

I was super thrilled when I saw this announcement. I am a bit surprised though considering how different it is from the majority of the other shows being put out right now.

Watase Yuu isn't always on point (who is?), but when she is she's incomparable. Even though I doubt I would be able to sit through it all again Fushigi Yuugi will always occupy a tender spot in my heart. And Ayashi no Ceres ranks very highly on my favorites list.

I'm a bit behind in Arata Kangatari but knowing that it's going to be adapted reminds me that I need to get on that!

Reckoner 2012-12-08 04:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by totoum (Post 4466244)
Judging all of satelight based on just Muv Luv Total Eclipse

It's merely their most egregious example of their inability to actually draw characters in proper proportions. They're good at CGI... but then agian they abuse CGI way too much. I am just not a fan of their production quality, and what I saw of Aquarion is no different.

Westlo 2012-12-08 06:30

Most of TE is outsourced anyway... would be like judging Madhouse on Kamen no Maid Guy. Still Satelite have lost a lot of talent due to GOHANDS and Studio 8-Bit forming from their ranks... wonder how they can shove CGI in this...

fertygo 2012-12-08 08:06

Not to being dick, but at these day usually you associate Satelight with jarring CGI and minimal/bad character animation.

Bern-san 2012-12-09 16:50

I'll wait for a PV to get an opinion, but good to see a Watase Yuu manga getting an adaptation. I need to read the latest chapters.

Since Fushigi Yuugi: Genbu Kaiden only has one chapter left to be finished I hope we can see an anime of it someday.

FlareKnight 2012-12-10 03:04

Well let's hope for the best when it comes to the visuals.

As to the news itself I'm glad to hear it. Always nice when one of the few manga I'm keeping an eye on actually gets its own anime. I'm looking forward to it.

MisaoFan 2012-12-12 06:59

Official website opened
The visuals are somehow deviated from the manga art, but it was okay.

Guardian Enzo 2012-12-12 19:14

"Okay" about covers it. I don't really like seeing Watase Yuu's designs changed as much as they have been, TBH.

Guardian Enzo 2012-12-18 09:20

First trailer is out:

Also, Yasuda Kenji (Ikoku Meiro no Croisee) was announced as director. I'm very pleased with that choice.

MisaoFan 2012-12-18 09:31

Just watched the PV. It was fascinatingly thrilling throughout with a decent animation and interestingly well-done fight scenes. I can't wait to see all the buzz it gets.

Guardian Enzo 2012-12-18 19:01

I'm happy with everything so far except the changes to Yuu-sensei's character designs.

Flower 2012-12-18 19:10

Hmm ... now there is a curious story premise. May give this one a looksee....

Guardian Enzo 2012-12-18 19:17

I like the manga a lot, although I'll say the synopsis they give in that ANN piece gives a pretty skewed idea of what the real focus of the story is. This is not a trap comedy by any stretch of the imagination.

Flower 2012-12-18 19:37

Hmm ... maybe I will give the manga a try then.

Master_Yoma 2012-12-18 23:14

Looks sweet but I wounder if Viz will pick this up

Jetzero Infinity 2013-02-09 12:01

Cast list from ANN:

Nobuhiko Okamoto: Hinohara Arata
Yoshitsugu Matsuoka: Arata
Ayahi Takagaki: Kotoha
Yuuki Ono: Kannagi
Ryohei Kimura: Masato Kadowaki
Tatsuhisa Suzuki: Akachi
Junko Minagawa: Katena
Souichiro Hoshi: Yorunami

Opening theme song is being done by Sphere and the ending theme by Oldcodex. Also the music's being done by Ko Otani (Shakugan no Shana). Looking pretty solid so far. I wonder if this will end up being the show that takes Space Brothers old timeslot...

Guardian Enzo 2013-02-09 20:02

Now that's interesting - I figured that they'd use the same VA for both Aratas.

I like OkaNobu a lot, but he seems like a weird choice to me - very OOC. As for Matsuoka Yoshitsugu he's about a neutral a seiyuu as there is, like the flour in a cake - you don't really notice him but without him you couldn't have baked it.

NoemiChan 2013-02-09 20:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo (Post 4480007)
First trailer is out:

Also, Yasuda Kenji (Ikoku Meiro no Croisee) was announced as director. I'm very pleased with that choice.

Its gone...

Got me Fushigi vibes... male version..

OPN 2013-02-12 23:12

http://arata-anime.com/ Big site update. Character designs are up too and they are decent. AIso does the site or twitter say anything interesting?

AbZeroNow 2013-02-13 00:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by OPN (Post 4552276)
http://arata-anime.com/ Big site update. Character designs are up too and they are decent. AIso does the site or twitter say anything interesting?

Apparently, there is a lottery to attend a Tokyo pre-air screening of the first episode of Arata Kangatari.
https://twitter.com/arata_anime/stat...15370966171651

The form for that indicates that the screening is on March 23
https://bandaivisual.com/enquete/form/fm/ec/arata

This is what I got from using Google translate on the text.

demino_hellsin 2013-02-13 01:26

watching the trailer... gives me that feeling that I'm watching a shoujofied Kiba...Why!?!?! T_T

Guardian Enzo 2013-02-13 05:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by AbZeroNow (Post 4552347)
Apparently, there is a lottery to attend a Tokyo pre-air screening of the first episode of Arata Kangatari.
https://twitter.com/arata_anime/stat...15370966171651

The form for that indicates that the screening is on March 23
https://bandaivisual.com/enquete/form/fm/ec/arata

This is what I got from using Google translate on the text.

Given that date I'd be surprised if it isn't at TAF.

tsunade666 2013-02-13 06:12

The first thing I remember from the character designs are fushigi yugi -_- the hell that happen here. They make them pretty boys.

MisaoFan 2013-02-13 09:36

I'm liking the visuals, but the shading seemed a bit cheap. The story makes me think of of Inu Yasha and it looks like it will replace Hakkenden based on the production committee alone. Plus, my favorite artists are behind the theme songs and I'm going to give this a shot.

Jetzero Infinity 2013-02-13 13:45

Site update looks good and I like the character designs. I'm partially convinced this could be a long runner but I wouldn't be surprised if it's not. The fact that the studios doing it (Satelight and JN Productions) did a 4 cour show in the past together does make it possible though.

Bern-san 2013-02-13 14:28

I'm not really fond of Arata Hinorara's design... The rest aren't bad.

FlareKnight 2013-02-13 18:19

Well interesting casting choices. Curious to see how they all work out.

Jetzero Infinity 2013-02-27 08:13

New PV is running on the site

Juding by the characters they showed the show is likely to be 2-cour though it seems it's airing on AT-X and not TV Tokyo like the rumors said. There are also some new cast announcements but I can't really read them using google translate:heh:

MisaoFan 2013-02-27 08:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jetzero Infinity (Post 4570824)
New PV is running on the site

Juding by the characters they showed the show is likely to be 2-cour though it seems it's airing on AT-X and not TV Tokyo like the rumors said.

I think you minsinterpreted it : the show's top page have the airdate written as "premieres on TV Tokyo at April 7, 2:05 (JPN Time)" and AT-X will only air one week later according to the PV shown at the end. Speaking of my experience with this PV, I was magnified that the low-budget, yet decent visuals are impeccably polished throughout the PV, plus I was happy to see Sphere and OLDCODEX doing the theme songs, since I liked many of their songs. I'm curious to see where the story goes (how Arata the highschool boy will go on another world, while Arata the old-fashioned warrior wants to go throughout will be interesting enough), and I hope it doesn't go QUALITY-ridden mode à la Total Eclipse, though I'm skeptical to see half the staff filled with Koreans.

Jetzero Infinity 2013-02-27 08:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisaoFan (Post 4570837)
I think you minsinterpreted it : the show's top page have the airdate written as "premieres on TV Tokyo at April 7, 2:05 (JPN Time)" and AT-X will only air one week later according to the PV shown at the end. Speaking of my experience with this PV, I was magnified that the low-budget, yet decent visuals are impeccably polished throughout the PV, plus I was happy to see Sphere and OLDCODEX doing the theme songs, since I liked many of their songs. I'm curious to see where the story goes (how Arata the highschool boy will go on another world, while Arata the old-fashioned warrior wants to go throughout will be interesting enough), and I hope it doesn't go QUALITY-ridden mode à la Total Eclipse, though I'm skeptical to see half the staff filled with Koreans.

Yeah I realized later on I looked at it the wrong way:heh:

Well this list probably isn't totally accurate since I;m using Google Translator but:

Hiruko: Daisuke Namikawa
Yataka: Mamoru Miyano
Kugura: Tsuyoshi Inoue
Harunawa: Akira Ishida
Kikuri: Hibiku Yamamura

Interesting list if I got it right though...maybe their trying to make it the fujioshi show of the season?

Bern-san 2013-02-27 13:36

Seeing the new PV and the new characters with their seiyuus announced, they are going to adapt at least more than 80 chapters:twitch:

Kikuri's seiyuu is a seiyuu with small roles so I'm curious to know how will she sound.

Jetzero Infinity 2013-02-27 14:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bern-san (Post 4571151)
Seeing the new PV and the new characters with their seiyuus announced, they are going to adapt at least more than 80 chapters:twitch:

Kikuri's seiyuu is a seiyuu with small roles so I'm curious to know how will she sound.

Yeah it definently looks like they'll be adapting a lot of material. Hopefully it works out better than Magi's adaption though I don't have as many issues with as most of the other manga fans

bastek66 2013-04-03 09:05

Looks like another adaptation of shounen manga targeted to women. I don't think it will be successful like Basugay, probably will bomb like Tempest.

kuromitsu 2013-04-03 10:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by bastek66 (Post 4618741)
Looks like another adaptation of shounen manga targeted to women. I don't think it will be successful like Basugay, probably will bomb like Tempest.

"Basugay"...?

Anyway, this is a manga written by Watase Yuu (she of Fushigi yuugi, Ayashi no Ceres, etc.), so it's not like it's some hard macho stuff for guys only that now gets remade as a pink, fluffy, girly anime.