AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Web Novels (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   Zhan Long [Manhua][WN] (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=130163)

Riz 2015-01-06 14:45

Zhan Long [Manhua][WN]

http://www.mangaupdates.com/image/i206731.png

Li Xao Yao left S.W.A.T to become an ordinary security guard, while working, he happened to enter the VIP room and found Lin Wan Er still in the middle of changing, as revenge, she took him on a ride and kicked him out of the car, after hours of walking, Li Xao Yao finally managed to get back home just to be kicked out of the house. He then got an offer from his previous supervisor to become the bodyguard of the Tian Xi group ceo's daughter both in game and in reality. But unknown to Li Xao Yao the girl was actually...
[Summary by OSTNT]

Current Translator :
- Epithetic [Manhua]
- OSTNT [Manhua]
- /u/Fireutsie [Novel]
- /u/helloshorty [Novel]
- Hello Translations[Novel](helloshorty's translation group)(maybe)

Spoiler for TL G-Drive:

Spoiler for TL Group:

IAmAsianNoob 2015-01-06 16:33

It seems quite interesting. There are to few chapters tho to say alot about it tho.

drunkenwolfin 2015-01-07 10:38

I heard that the manhua got dropped by the translators due to a change of illustrator completely alienating the character images :/

jaydreadzz 2015-01-10 07:10

well some reader's claimed that they all look fat

merpati 2015-01-10 08:00

just want to inform that they now using blog to release the chapters: https://hellotranslations.wordpress.com/

Hiyono 2015-01-10 12:10

It's not even that they just look fat. They're just so poorly drawn. The quality of the art drops from something professional to something you'd seen scribbled on a piece of paper by the otaku who sits in front of you in class. Plus, and I don't know whether this is the fault of the source or not, but the manga gets extremely repetitive and boring.

ndiezel 2015-01-10 13:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nandesuto (Post 5397616)
It's not even that they just look fat. They're just so poorly drawn. The quality of the art drops from something professional to something you'd seen scribbled on a piece of paper by the otaku who sits in front of you in class. Plus, and I don't know whether this is the fault of the source or not, but the manga gets extremely repetitive and boring.

Yeah Manhua looks absolutely awful. MC's class healer is the only thing that made me start VN, otherwise I would just forget about it.

merpati 2015-01-10 20:14

currently torturing myself using MT. haha.

jaydreadzz 2015-02-01 04:33

Ohh man the Mc has the lady luck in his side :)
typical plot

Breimoon 2015-02-08 06:49

3 new novel chs are out.Thanks to the translators!! Tried reading it with GT but it is impossible compared to things like MT or re:monster.

malason123 2015-02-10 01:47

His naming sense for his pets is just.....

Amanomurakumo 2015-02-10 02:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by malason123 (Post 5433925)

What are you talking about?
Baby Bobo is a great name! It'll make his enemies too busy rolling on the floor when they hear it to fight back.:D

eulataguhw 2015-02-10 04:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by malason123 (Post 5433925)

Baby Bobo is fine... But seriously, his naming sense... I don't even get how did he came out with this name

Spoiler for Pet name:

The pet don't even look like so~

malason123 2015-02-10 07:46

of course baby bobo is awesome is just.............unique?

bakato 2015-02-10 09:19

I feel sorry for the bee. Damn these people are on fire. Another new chapter.

bludvein 2015-02-10 14:13

Just finished slogging through the WN with MTL. It definitely is one of the better VRMMO stories out there, but the national wars could get kind of tedious.

Breimoon 2015-02-10 14:20

Seems like comic skipped quite a few details compared to the translated chs. Managed to find up to ch 15 .

cadu_ 2015-02-10 14:26

The novel is translated up to chapter 25. Gravity Translation is translating 1 chapter per day.

Breimoon 2015-02-10 16:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by cadu_ (Post 5434515)
The novel is translated up to chapter 25. Gravity Translation is translating 1 chapter per day.

I was talking about the manhua. It is at ch 15 and it seems quite ahead of translated novel chs. At ch 10-11 it ends the healer quest and bee pet and then goes ahead.

bakato 2015-02-10 17:00

I can't tell which chapter it is, but
Spoiler for WARNING:

cadu_ 2015-02-10 19:11

Dong Cheng Yue know the MC is a bodyguard or does she think he is Lin Wan Er`s friend like everybody else?

HandofFate 2015-02-10 19:19

Usually I really hate manga versions of WN/LN because its very gutted.
But I actually really enjoy the artwork of the Zhan Long manwha version. Full color, and very good looking character designs.

bakato 2015-02-10 19:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by HandofFate (Post 5434747)
Usually I really hate manga versions of WN/LN because its very gutted.
But I actually really enjoy the artwork of the Zhan Long manwha version. Full color, and very good looking character designs.

I'm glad someone thinks the same way, but bad news. I just took a look at the raws of the next chapters. Art's getting worse.

Chapter 26!

tot002 2015-02-10 20:23

The art gets worse at chapter 11. After that, I don't like to read it anymore.

bakashao 2015-02-10 20:28

oh glad I wasn't the only one who noticed that the art got worse

bakato 2015-02-10 21:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by tot002 (Post 5434791)
The art gets worse at chapter 11. After that, I don't like to read it anymore.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bakashao (Post 5434794)
oh glad I wasn't the only one who noticed that the art got worse

Great. So it's not just me. At least WN translations are fast.

sinap 2015-02-10 23:49

finish reading 320 chapters using bing trans... story was good though the names was confusing

eulataguhw 2015-02-11 00:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by cadu_ (Post 5434743)
Dong Cheng Yue know the MC is a bodyguard or does she think he is Lin Wan Er`s friend like everybody else?

I believe she should know. Because at some point
Spoiler for spoiler~:

That's the only part I remember distinctly that he said it explicitly but I believed at Chp5 Dong Cheng Yue said Wan Er told her everything about Xiao Yao...

Riz 2015-02-11 01:45

WTH with raw ch 15?
saint saiya wannabe ?

sinap 2015-02-11 05:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by eulataguhw (Post 5435013)
I believe she should know. Because at some point
Spoiler for spoiler~:

That's the only part I remember distinctly that he said it explicitly but I believed at Chp5 Dong Cheng Yue said Wan Er told her everything about Xiao Yao...

dong cheng yue knows

Spoiler for spoiler~:

Amanomurakumo 2015-02-11 09:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by sinap (Post 5435203)
dong cheng yue knows

Spoiler for spoiler~:

I bet Wan Er refused, she always seemed to be kind of possessive of him for some reason.

ImperialFlameGod8190 2015-02-11 10:04

^I've only read the early 26 chapters but i've noticed that at well something tells me there's more to their story but i'll wait for it to be read. But hey no matter i'm a little disappointed how little of the story so far takes place in the game where they dont see each other but im guessing that will change

Amanomurakumo 2015-02-11 11:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 (Post 5435410)
^I've only read the early 26 chapters but i've noticed that at well something tells me there's more to their story but i'll wait for it to be read. But hey no matter i'm a little disappointed how little of the story so far takes place in the game where they dont see each other but im guessing that will change

Wan Er and Dong Chen Yue said they would go to his city when they reach level 30.

HandofFate 2015-02-11 11:43

from the comics part so far, I'm interested in the guild dynamics, does the story head in that direction?

ImperialFlameGod8190 2015-02-11 11:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amanomurakumo (Post 5435490)
Wan Er and Dong Chen Yue said they would go to his city when they reach level 30.

thats besides the point this dude was suppose to be guarding her in game and IRL and yet so far it seems like he's done neither. Though i have a sneaking suspicion that in the next chapter he'll do some IRL damage to a chump he cant quite do it to in the game

SinsI 2015-02-11 13:16

Whatever he does is not bodyguarding:
- he should've been formally introduced to all the other bodyguards, and be almost constantly connected to their information network. Just because there are trained people outside doesn't mean they are the other bodyguards - or not the ones willing to assault her.
- he should've done a thorough background check on EVERY person that she meets. No getting partial information from Glasses.
- there should also be a female bodyguard to guard her in dormitory or in toilet
- he should've checked every place they go to - way before her arrival. WTF with making his principal wait for him?

At most, he is her hired muscle/servant.

Blankdom 2015-02-11 13:41

^(@Sinsl)

Ditto, to me, so far, he is more of a watch/guard dog, then a bodyguard -- the only really 'body-guarding' he did was near the beginning with those swarming 'fans'.

From what I've read so far, his 'job' seems to be keeping males away from her (also can't have any romantic feelings for her, though that should be obvious with Employer/Employee relations), acting as a last line of defense, being a 'male friend' to her, and guarding her in-game (which he should be doing -.- but I don't get why not, since it's implied they could choose near which of the 3 cities they could start out in).

There might be some other I forgot, but yeah, he isn't really doing his job, especially if it's actually being a bodyguard, and in this chapter(26), where he just ignored all the guys trying to get her drunk and under her pants, till she is actually drunk.

SinsI 2015-02-11 13:51

Chapter 27 was way funnier in the manhua
Spoiler for differences:

bakato 2015-02-11 17:37

F*ck. Who is Icarus?

Quote:

So, as many of you know, Icarus has gone ahead and uploaded chapter 27. To be frank, I’m pissed. He has refused to communicate with gravitytranslations and claims that he’s just “making faster translations”; he blatantly refused to acknowledge the progress that gravitytranslations has made, as seen in “Translation Progress”. Because of this, I’ve decided to ignore his posts and keep going with our translations till chapter 37, I do not want to see the efforts of the translators and editors at gravitytranslations wasted. In response to questions about Icarus’ translations compared to Gravity Translations, personally, I don’t consider Icarus’ translations as translations, they are just plainly google/bing translates with minimal edits that don’t demonstrate the finer points of the text, or even make sense. Ex: I started shivering as my in-game consciousness called out to me.

Anyways, this post isn’t about me degrading Icarus’ translations but rather, a couple of clarifications about gravitytranslations and it’s future. Currently, each chapter is translated and edited twice, by three different people. Unfortunately, a lot of the translations are bottled up at the last step, which is why chapters aren’t being publish very quickly. If I were to go for quantity over quality, I would have published each chapter after just translating it. While there would be a faster publishing time, many of the chapters would have probably caused headaches. I’ve also updated the translation schedule because now that time isn’t a factor, I’ll probably only be publishing one chapter a day for Zhan Long.

In addition, regarding the donations, each of the donations were split between all parties that had worked on the translations. As a result, I’ve decided to keep translating until chapter 35, regardless of Icarus’ posts. While I do realize that it is extremely unfair for the donors, to have paid for chapters to be translated faster but have those chapters already published, I would also like to respect the efforts of the team.

Finally and probably least importantly, I will be probably be dropping Zhan Long after chapter 37 or at least putting Zhan Long at a lesser priority. The team may or may not choose to continue efforts to translate Zhan Long, I’ll update you guys about this after the votes come in. What will I do? I’ll probably pick up Battle Through the Heavens and my neglected light novel, Thief.

Thanks and sorry

Goodguyperson

EDIT: For those that didn’t completely read the post, I’m dropping because I feel that it’s unfair to take the money while the chapters are being posted elsewhere. So like, it’s as if the donors didn’t really have to donate. I said that I would translate through chapter 37(sorry made a type and wrote 35 before) before maybe dropping but now, I’ll decide when chapter 37 comes out.

Hiyono 2015-02-11 18:00

Who is icarus? None other than a world-class genius who was able to attain the Chinese proficiency necessary to translate in just about two weeks' time. (source)
Quote:

Because of gravity’s translation of this manhua, I became so addicted that I took it upon myself to learn Chinese so that I may satisfy my hunger for this awesome manhua.