AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   To Aru Majutsu no Index (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=131)
-   -   To Aru Majutsu no Index 2018 Project - News & Speculation (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=149527)

relentlessflame 2017-10-05 00:14

To Aru Majutsu no Index 2018 Project - News & Speculation

This thread is for news and speculation about the upcoming Index 2018 project(s).

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...r-2018/.122108
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/dail...-index/.122113

NO SPOILERS IN THIS THREAD! Instead, go to this thread.

dniv 2017-10-05 00:40

I can't wait for season 3. It's going to be sick. So what else do you guys think is coming out in the project? I'm banking on Railgun D and Accelerator and Movie 2 or something. :heh:

Chaos2Frozen 2017-10-05 12:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by dniv (Post 6146777)
I can't wait for season 3. It's going to be sick. So what else do you guys think is coming out in the project? I'm banking on Railgun D and Accelerator and Movie 2 or something. :heh:

A million mobile games.

Callum18 2017-10-05 20:45

I never thought I see the day of a S3, but I kept my believe no matter what.

My honest bet on the projects

Index III
Railgun D
one season of Accelerator anime
Index IV
Movie to cap the Project off
A couple of games and other bits.

dniv 2017-10-05 20:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Callum18 (Post 6147166)
I never thought I see the day of a S3, but I kept my believe no matter what.

My honest bet on the projects

Index III
Railgun D
one season of Accelerator anime
one season of Index NT
Movie to cap things off.
A couple of games and other bits.

Man, if we got that season of NT would be the greatest thing ever. I'm not that hopeful. :heh: Am somewhat people for it down the line though if season III ends up being popular though. :heh:

Also, ChaosFrozen, I just saw your location. I'm so jealous. I watched 3 LP's of it, but I didn't play it myself. I want a PS4 so bad. :heh:

rubix22 2017-10-06 00:59

Hoping for an Idol Accelerator dancing game.

RPG_Fanatic 2017-10-06 05:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by rubix22 (Post 6147267)
Hoping for an Idol Accelerator dancing game.

Level 5 Dancing all Night.

Reuan 2017-10-06 11:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen (Post 6147002)
A million mobile games.

Wouldn't really mind it if they got as much effort as the latest one, though I wouldn't be surprised if that being announced for Japan is apart of the project

itine 2018-03-25 15:44

Warner Bros. Japan Anime Line-Up 2018
Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread) Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)

Chaos2Frozen 2018-03-25 16:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by itine (Post 6214739)
Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread) Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)

Okay... So it's not a fevered dream...

Chosen_Hero 2018-03-25 16:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by itine (Post 6214739)

Sorry, but I won't believe this is real until after the first episode of season 3 airs.:heh:

Kamijou Touma IB 2018-03-25 19:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero (Post 6214759)
Sorry, but I won't believe this is real until after the first episode of season 3 airs.:heh:

Me too, but it pretty much confirms a Fall release then.

BladeMancer 2018-03-25 21:44

Well, Toaru anime previews aired only a bit before their release. Expect July to be when it's shown

Kuroageha 2018-03-26 13:59

Not even a key visual. Damn.

dniv 2018-03-26 19:51

Wait, if it's fall then they're going to make this compete with alicialization. WTF are they doing aaaaaaarrrgh!

Seafoam 2018-03-26 20:43

Index season 2 aired between Oreimo and Madoka, both of which could arguably be called the only two bigger shows that year.

Chosen_Hero 2018-03-26 20:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by dniv (Post 6215302)
Wait, if it's fall then they're going to make this compete with alicialization. WTF are they doing aaaaaaarrrgh!

Considering the shit that will go down in season 3, I am not worried (Index is still pretty freaking popular in japan, even of you don't see it at the moment, heck, Mikoto and Touma still top popularity charts, as in top 3). Now all we need is Sister arc Railgun side levels of quality and the story will do the rest.

judasmartel 2018-03-26 23:42

I would like to add that those who are sick of Touma's preachings and Accelerator's edginess are in for a treat as the Legend of Kamen Rider Shiage is coming soon with Index III.

dniv 2018-03-27 00:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero (Post 6215311)
Considering the shit that will go down in season 3, I am not worried (Index is still pretty freaking popular in japan, even of you don't see it at the moment, heck, Mikoto and Touma still top popularity charts, as in top 3). Now all we need is Sister arc Railgun side levels of quality and the story will do the rest.

Quote:

Originally Posted by judasmartel (Post 6215332)
I would like to add that those who are sick of Touma's preachings and Accelerator's edginess are in for a treat as the Legend of Kamen Rider Shiage is coming soon with Index III.

I suppose these two things are true enough. It is also SAO III so it's okay, I guess... sigh.

Requiem-x 2018-03-27 00:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by dniv (Post 6215302)

Let's be honest. Can any series compete with SAO right now? If the answer is yes, that must be a very small list.

Seafoam 2018-03-27 00:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by judasmartel (Post 6215332)

My only regret is that Index 3 won't reach Jackie Chan babysitting Hamazura. :heh:

Marcus H. 2018-03-27 04:19

Dude, it's not Index competing with SAO. It's SAO competing Index, considering all the shit that happens.

Wandering Soul 2018-03-27 12:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcus H. (Post 6215387)
Dude, it's not Index competing with SAO. It's SAO competing Index, considering all the shit that happens.

Eh, I hear that the alicialization arc is supposed to be pretty good, even if the parts I read were boring. Even so I'm not worried as Index still has quite the large fanbase in Japan.

BladeMancer 2018-03-27 15:17

Why are you guys so worried? Index went up against both Toradora and Madoka Magica, and still acquired successful BD sales beyond 10k.

dniv 2018-03-27 15:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wandering Soul (Post 6215540)
Eh, I hear that the alicialization arc is supposed to be pretty good, even if the parts I read were boring. Even so I'm not worried as Index still has quite the large fanbase in Japan.

Yeah, I'm a bit worried since it's Alicialization the most popular arc of SAO. :heh: Even so, hopefully it'll be fine... :heh:

Kuroageha 2018-03-28 09:55

I'm not a SAO fan but I'm pretty aware popularity wise Alice arc is just way too popular and the breach between it and Toaru is just too big.
There are factors that favour SAO above this series despite its innate cons.

It won't help if we get QUALITY again.

Chosen_Hero 2018-03-28 18:26

^I repeat, I am not worried, especially knowing that Railgun will also be having a season of it's anime. You underestimate how popular Raildex actually is, I am not saying it will have bigger numbers than SAO, just that it will be relatively fine airing along side it and might even see a growth in the fanbase due to how easy it is nowadays to legally stream anime and there are many people out there willing to give an anime a try.

I can't wait for the reactions to the craziness that is about to happen from season 3 onwards (Season 3 onwards the series proves it is anything but generic) and then there is Railgun... Now THOSE reactions will be just as glorious.:heh:

ramlaen 2018-04-03 00:49

https://twitter.com/ATX_PR/status/980697471587241985
Quote:

AT-Xに『とある』シリーズが帰ってきます! 『とある魔術の禁書目録』再放送スタート! 04月04日(水)21:00~他 ※週2話ずつ放送
A rerun of Index starting on April 4, with two episodes per week.

MK-95- 2018-04-03 03:12

Good to know that season 3 will more or less air this year. I was worried that they'd make us wait 2 or so years before actually airing it.

Not gonna lie, I had basically given up hope on a third season for Index when I saw the years passing by and no announcements being made. It's like Durarara!! all over again for me. :) (Alluding to the 5 yr wait vs the 7 yr wait for Index)

Chaos2Frozen 2018-04-04 16:35

My number one consider still remains is "How many episodes planned?"

Because ideally I would want 3 cours, or at least 2+1 cours

Seafoam 2018-04-04 16:57

I like to think they wouldn't miss the chance to pull an Index 3 being 3 cours covering through a certain 3rd war. But then again, 2014 happened, so I can only wait and see.

dniv 2018-04-04 19:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seafoam (Post 6218981)
I like to think they wouldn't miss the chance to pull an Index 3 being 3 cours covering through a certain 3rd war. But then again, 2014 happened, so I can only wait and see.

Right now I'm hoping we don't get 12 or 13 and instead get at least 24... If I'm being greedy, I want what all of you want though. I'm just being cautious because so far Index III really hasn't gotten much attention while on the other hand Sao III already got extra news and coverage recently. I just feel like it's a lower priority. I realize that different studios have different MO's, but it's a psychological thing anyway. :heh:

Natsurin 2018-04-05 06:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by dniv (Post 6219006)
I realize that different studios have different MO's, but it's a psychological thing anyway. :heh:

Studios only strictly take care of the animation and anime production. What you're looking to question is the production committee, but then you're comparing completely different cases with SAO being an already massively popular world-wide series, and Index being a niche one for people already familiar in one way or another with light novel adaptations, and who have completely different people, companies, and stakes supporting them.

It costs money to make advertisement campaigns, so it makes sense they'd lay off the grand announcements of the third season of a show some people may have never heard of until it becomes more relevant (i.e closer to the release date), and the aforementioned rerun is probably an attempt at advertisement anyway since it'll get newer fans involved in enough time for S3 to air.

dniv 2018-04-05 20:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Natsurin (Post 6219127)
Studios only strictly take care of the animation and anime production. What you're looking to question is the production committee, but then you're comparing completely different cases with SAO being an already massively popular world-wide series, and Index being a niche one for people already familiar in one way or another with light novel adaptations, and who have completely different people, companies, and stakes supporting them.

It costs money to make advertisement campaigns, so it makes sense they'd lay off the grand announcements of the third season of a show some people may have never heard of until it becomes more relevant (i.e closer to the release date), and the aforementioned rerun is probably an attempt at advertisement anyway since it'll get newer fans involved in enough time for S3 to air.

I see. I appreciate the explanation since that honestly makes me feel better. :heh:

OH&S 2018-04-05 20:47

Is it wrong of me for not wanting Nishikiori Hiroshi to return to direct Index III?

Marcus H. 2018-04-05 22:23

They should get the staff from Railgun S. They got the imagery right, especially the plasma scene.

BladeMancer 2018-04-05 22:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcus H. (Post 6219544)
They should get the staff from Railgun S. They got the imagery right, especially the plasma scene.

Ugh, anyone except Tatsuyuki Nagai

OH&S 2018-04-05 23:02

Honestly, I prefer Railgun's Nagai's direction. I legit thought that Railgun S looked better than the Index Movie. Just keep him away from the filler.

Fuck Cloverfield. Fuck Silent Party.

Seafoam 2018-04-05 23:09

I already disliked Nagai after his work on Railgun season 1 and the Silent Party arc in S, but he truly angered me with Gundam IBO, so I'd take the mildly rushed adaptation of old Index seasons over that. Of course, you could always just keep the rest of the staff the same and just hire a new director, so things don't feel too different.

Marcus H. 2018-04-06 00:42

Well, whoever designed the colors and the storyboarding for the Railgun S Sisters Arc must be lauded for it. It was a superior take on one of the LN's iconic story arcs.