AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   General Anime (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Do y'all keep a list of what you have seen? (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=418)

Kempis Curious 2003-11-07 02:02

Do y'all keep a list of what you have seen?

I've been keeping an excel file listing all the anime I've seen so far.
This started after I downloaded an anime THREE FRIKKIN TIMES because I couldn't remember that I'd already watched it. :mad: (Happy Lesson was very forgettable to me):D

Anyways, I was wondering if anyone else does this, and what method they use.

-k

curious

golly I've seen a lot of anime

Superchop 2003-11-07 02:07

I dont keep a list of anime's i've seen...but i do keep a list of the fansubs i d/l...

since i dont have ms office or anything similar...i use a text file to keep a list of all of them...1 text file for each series...and in the text file i put the group name that subbed it...and what the ep name is...

Esperchld 2003-11-07 02:21

I don't keep a list because it would have been VERY large quite a long time ago. However, I do tend to remember what I have seen. Get a list of well over 500 series going and we will see if you still keep it up to date. After a certain point it just isn't worth it. If I haven't seen it I download it (strange it used to be that the anime would come to me, but sadly I must go to it).

Kempis Curious 2003-11-07 02:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esperchld
I don't keep a list because it would have been VERY large quite a long time ago. However, I do tend to remember what I have seen. Get a list of well over 500 series going and we will see if you still keep it up to date. After a certain point it just isn't worth it.

I disagree. Being an old timer too, my list is up to 761 different series/movies/OVA's, split between Good, Fans Only, and Bad. The ratio is fairly close to 25/50/25.

It's fun to go back over the notes I take on animes that I wouldn't remember unless prompted... especially the stinkers like Najica Blitz Tactics, Toshinden the Anime, or Bite Me! I got pretty creative in my attacks on anime that I felt wasted my time.

:) It also helps in these forums when people ask "what's your favorite <whatever>" I can go down the list and remember things that I wouldn't be able to pull from the noggin.

-k

Kamui4356 2003-11-07 02:54

I don't keep a list of everything I've seen, but I do keep one of everything I own. That includes both fansubs and dvds. I have one list of just fansubs, and a master list with everything and what format it's in.

jen-chan 2003-11-07 03:01

nope i dont keep a list of everything i've seen.if i did it would be around 50 or mayb more.hehe.now for dvds i have no need to keep a list but i sorta have it in my mind.hehe.right now im making a list of dvds i want to buy.

Kid 2003-11-07 03:02

Yes I keep a list. Since I've not trusted my own memory for... years now. :p

Kyuven 2003-11-07 03:07

my memory is pretty good
i could never list off everything i've seen, but i can definately tell you if i've seen something or not if you give me the name

jen-chan 2003-11-07 03:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyuven
my memory is pretty good
i could never list off everything i've seen, but i can definately tell you if i've seen something or not if you give me the name

yup me too.all i need is the name and i can tell you if i've seen it or not.thats how good my memory is but to listing from memory..it will take a long and i mean long time.too many ive seen.haha.thats why i said 50 or more but i bet its either around 100 or something like that.

Koshiba 2003-11-07 03:32

I don't.. That would be *way* too difficult for me and besides.. It would be *really* hard for me to forget an anime. ^_^; I do keep a list of what I own on DVD though.. But just anime I've watched, that list would be too huge! And I don't remember all the anime I watched years ago. :P So nah. I don't think I'd ever keep a list.

NoSanninWa 2003-11-07 03:55

List Poll

I thought that Small One was right about it being a good idea to add a poll to this thread, so without further ado, here it is! (Incidently I don't keep such a list. I only keep a list of the anime I actually own. It's a much shorter list!)

Kempis Curious 2003-11-07 04:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Small One
You should have made this a poll...

But what I'd really like to know: What anime was it that you downloaded this often?

'twas written there, "Happy Lesion".

Happy Lesson actually. :( It's late.

Paper list? Wow. Hard to search on that.

I also keep a text file with what's on CDROM.
I actually made a batch file which appends the contents of the CD drive onto the end of such text file. It's not an exact way to find something, but it works well since I keep the CD's in order they were created. I bet there's better ways to do this. ^_^

-k

bluemist 2003-11-07 04:58

I keep a list of my anime collection only (in Excel format). I also list 'where' the cds are placed (in Word format). And I only watched about 50% of all the anime in my collection. I don't need to keep track of which anime I saw, though it would be nice to do that, for statistics and stuff. I'm interested to know how many episodes and how much time I spent watching all those shows.

TaMz 2003-11-07 05:58

No...
the only list I got is somewhere in the back of my brain...

Vicious 2003-11-07 11:34

Yes, I do. I have a list with all the animes I've caught till today :D

Hunter 2003-11-07 12:13

I have only a list with the 30-40 animes in progress that I follow with the last episode number of each one, but when the series stops, I remove the name of my .txt

Vulkar 2003-11-07 12:41

Nope. No list. I used to enter my data in that animenet thing which calculated your ratings of anime you've seen to suggest anime you haven't seen, but the site died I think.

Tboz 2003-11-07 12:47

No, I don't actually keep a list. I can remember them tho.

My download history isn't that long cuz I just got my unlimited broadband connections. So I mostly watch those on TV or buy them off the shelves. :D

And maybe because I am abit choosy and only watch those that appeal to me, that's why the list isn't long also. :p

gravitation 2003-11-07 13:20

i dont keep a list but i remember them all, writing a list would take long ^_^

s0nicfreak 2003-11-07 14:04

I watch like 20 series at a time so I would lose track of what ep I'm on of each series. I use to use pen & paper but it wasted alot of paper ^^; The one day I realised I could just use text files, duuuuuhhhhhh. So now I keep two text files, one for downloaded one for watched.

Wandering_Youth 2003-11-07 15:48

Nope, I don't keep a list of all the animes I have seen. I only keep a list of the animes that I burned on CD.

7thMethuselah 2003-11-07 17:23

I do keep a list of all the anime i've seen (in whole or in part). Also put in how much episodes I still need, wether or not i'm collecting it, and alternative names. i started doing this because i couldn't tell if i had dl / seen / bought certain things allready or not

NenMaster 2003-11-08 07:41

yea, i ahve a speadsheet with all the anime i have burned and what i got on my computer, its just easier to add watched.
cause when i look for new animes 2 watch that i have burned to disk then its easier to filter out stuff

[Titan] 2003-11-08 19:00

I used to keep a list (still have one on animenfo, but haven't updated it in a while). No use in updating it actually, it's all in my head, I know exactly what I've seen and up to which episode (and from the current series, I know from which group :) ).

Iron Monkey 2003-11-09 04:30

Nope, with all the anime I watch, there's no way I can keep it updated. Besides, I know what I've seen, so there's really no point in me doing so. I like to keep a list of stuff I've downloaded though, just so I don't d/l dupicate episodes and waste bandwidth.

Kempis Curious 2003-11-10 19:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by [Titan]
I used to keep a list (still have one on animenfo, but haven't updated it in a while). No use in updating it actually, it's all in my head, I know exactly what I've seen and up to which episode (and from the current series, I know from which group :) ).

Sheesh. I wish I could do that. :D One of the features of my anime Excel file is which episode I've seen so far. This helps a lot when multiple groups are doing an anime and I can't remember which ep last came out.

A similar problem is forgettable anime which do not have descriptive titles. One of my favorite things in fansubbed anime is to download a good anime that I never heard of and be pleasantly surprised... :love: (I remember Princess Tutu and Jungle wa Itsumo did that.) ... so I usually download the first episode of everything on the animesuki list. However, how could I remember if I'd seen "Harukanaru Toki no Naka de OVA" if I didn't write it down? Can any of y'all remember that one?

-k

curious

::faze 2003-11-11 00:50

I don't keep a list like this, I can remember all the animes I've seen, but I can't remember up to which ep for all of them, I can usually remember around what ep, so I kinda just use trial and error after that. I could use a spreadsheet for all the burned animes I have, that would probably be pretty useful.

BME 2003-11-11 09:16

I would never accidently download a series I´ve already seen but I keep a list all the same.

.Hack//SIGN 1-26
.Hack//Liminality 1-3
.Hack//Legend of the Twilight Braclet 1-12
Adventures of the Mini Goddess 1-48
Akira
Bottle Fairy 1-5
Candidate For Goddess 1-12
Chobits 1-27
Cowboy Bebop 1-26
Cowboy Bebop: Knocking on Heavens Door
Excel Saga 1-26
Final Fantasy Unlimited 1-25
Full Metal Alchemist 1-6
Full Metal Panic! 1-24
Full Metal Panic: Fumoffu 1-13
Get Backers 1-3
Ghost In The Shell
Ghost In The Shell Stand Alone Complex 1-24
Gundam 8th MS Team 1-13
Gundam 0080 War In The Pocket 1-6
Gundam 0083: Stardust Memories 1-13
Gundam SEED 1-50
Haibane Renmei 1-13
Hand Maid May 1-11
Hand Maid Mai 1
Ikkitousen 1-12
Kanon 1-13
Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien 1-6
Love Hina 1-25
Love Hina Christmas Special
Love Hina Spring Special
Love Hina Again 1-3
Maburaho 1-4
Macross Plus 1-4
Macross Zero 1-2
Naruto 1-57
Neon Genesis Evangelion 1-26
Neon Genesis Evangelion: End of Evangelion
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Death & Rebirth
Oh My Goddess 1-5
Oh My Goddess: The Movie
Onegai Teacher 1-13
Onegai Twins 1-12
Princess Mononoke
Sailor Moon 1-46
Sailor Moon R 1-42
Sailor Moon S 1-16
Sailor Moon Super S 1-24
Scrapped Princess 1-24
Star Ocean EX 1-26
Stratos 4 1-13
Stellvia of the Universe 1-26
Spirited Away
Zone of the Enders: Idolo
Zone of the Enders: Dolores, i 1-17

Jasio 2003-11-11 15:25

Hi, new to Animesuki, thought I'd just add my 2 cents...

Yes I keep an actively updated list at www.jasio.net/anime.txt its just something to let me know what I have/dont have. It's actually a pretty nifty tool once your library starts to expand.

LIQUIDCELL 2003-11-11 20:19

When I burn them, then yeah. You have to. Otherwise you'll be recording the same file over and over, and its deffinitely a waste of money.

In harddrive, I don't mind keeping track of what I have since downloading it is just minutes away.

EliteJounin 2003-11-12 01:46

Yeah, i keep a list of all the ones i watch and all the ones i need to watch.

boneyjellyfish 2003-11-12 01:56

As a matter of fact, I do!

(Note: List is very incomplete)

RavenChild 2003-11-12 11:12

I keep a list of anime that i have burnt to CD or DVD. I think i have a total of 15 DVD's (4.7GB each) and more than 30 CD's (700MB each). If you think about it, that's lots of anime when some episodes/series are 40Mb/episode. I have a whole database on what i have. I'll post it on my website sometime.

hobobaggins 2003-11-12 13:11

of course, any anime fan should have a list of what they have...

this is missing alot of stuff... but anyway, i made this for another forum... but this is most of the stuff i have

Not current, not finished:
GTOnizuka
Evanglion
Gundam X
Gundam ZZ
Turn a gundam
Ranma 1/2
Kaze no yojimbo (REALLY FUCKING GOOD, but soldats stopped...)
Hikaru no go (i cant find it anemore.)
Samurai Deeper Kyo ( paused watching it)
Rurouni Kenshin
Chobits (on pause)(missing ep 19)
Those who hunt elves
Ghost in the Shell Stand alone complex (pause)
Crest of the stars/Sekai no Senki (pause)
Inu yasha(tired of it... paused)
Scrapped princess*pause*
Gundam seed (need eps)
Yukikaze (licenced...)(its scarce)
Grapple Baki (waev)
Prince of tennis (not really..)
Nadesico (need more)
Dual
Piano
Kodomo no Omocha
Mizu Iro Jidai
Gundam wing (havent seen like ep 32...)
Cinderella boy
Abenobashi mahou Shoutengai (magical shopping district) (cool, but...)
Galaxy angel
Vandread (missing oav)
One piece (missing 20-30)(or something)
Bubblegum crisis (pause)
Slayers (pause)
Noir (pause)
Kasemakase tsukikage ran
Geneshaft
Bastard
Kare Kano (his and her circumstances)
Robotech (not that good)(macross)
.//hack (OWNZ!!! NEED MOR)
Witch hunter robin(pause)
Mahou Tsukai ni Taisetsu

Finished:
Trigun
Tokyo Underground
Bebop
Goldenboy
AaH megami sama (oh my goddess)
Love hina
Full metal panic (1)
Gunparade march ( SO FUCKING GOOD OMFG everyone should watch this)
Mahoromatic
onegai Teacher
Last Exile
DNAngel
Vandread
Saber Marionette J
Initial D

Currently watching:
Mahoromatic Specials
GTO live action movie
Ittekousen
Green green
Hanada
Naruto
FMP Fumoffu
Onegai twins
Shaman king
Pia Carrot
Gto Live action
Platonic Chain

Movies:
Grave of the fireflies
Kiki's Delivery service
Mononoke Hime
Spirited away
Nausicca (?) of the wind
Akira (duh)
Metropolis (1/2)
Ranma 1
Ranma 2
Inuyasha
Initial D

Not watched yet:
Porco Rosso
Laputa castle in the sky
Samurai X
Pia carrot
ninja scroll

Kempis Curious 2003-11-12 15:34

I was also wondering what systems y'all were using... specifically, I was wondering what automatic systems y'all use (or have made) for recording what you've seen or what's on CDROM.

Something besides pen and paper or a text file. :D

-k

curious

monir 2003-11-12 16:19

Whatever anime I dl'ed I created a new folder (matching the name of the Anime)for them in the HD under a specific-folder and add the series as it progress..For anime movies and others I just add to my specific-folder..So I see a list being created itself without my intention of doing so:D..

cindialai 2003-11-13 15:41

i keep a list of all the anime i've download and it's been very easy up to now. I use a program called printfolder which creates a list of files on any directory into a text file. All i have to do is put it in an excel list. See my list if it's any help.

Kempis Curious 2003-11-13 15:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by cindialai
i keep a list of all the anime i've download and it's been very easy up to now. I use a program called printfolder which creates a list of files on any directory into a text file. All i have to do is put it in an excel list. See my list if it's any help.

I looked at the excel file, did that program make all the columns?

If it's just a file listing program the following in a batch file will do the same thing:

dir /b /o /s e: >>all.txt

This appends the contents of my CDROM drive to a text file. I click the batch file whenever I make a CDROM and I've got a "precise enough" record of what's on CD. Does anyone have a better system, maybe built in to your burning software?

-k

curious

EvilTomte 2003-11-13 20:00

I used to. But I don't any more. I save all anime I download anyway, so that's my list. Just check my collection of CD-Rs and DVD+Rs and the HDD, and there you have it. (Except for the ones I've bought of course).

I delete the ones I don't like though, so I guess the list isn't complete. I'll make a list in html sometime though. So I can keep track of it all.

quiet insanity 2003-11-13 20:50

Yup. I keep a pretty good list. It has what series/OVA's/movies I've seen, a list of what episodes I've seen and their titles, how many total episodes there are, and overall things like how many total episodes I've seen of all anime.... I'm at 602 right now :p .