AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Shana (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   Shakugan no Shana - Music discussion (OP/ED & OST, etc.) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=55782)

GHDpro 2007-10-07 06:29

Feel free to discuss any music related subjects for Shakugan no Shana here (OP/ED & OST, etc.). As the usual rule, NO POSTING LINKS TO MP3s OR ASKING FOR THEM. You may buy them at the usual place such as cdjapan and what not, but DO NOT ask for or post links to any music downloads. This includes, but isn't limited to:
  • any RAR, ZIP, 7-ZIP archive
  • Torrents
  • The names of other BT sites that list music torrents
  • Direct downloads

darktruth 2007-10-07 08:02

I seem to recall one background piece that hasn't made it onto ANY of the Shana OST or Assorted CD's. Does anyone remember that humorous music played during the early episodes in season 1 where Shana is telling off all the teachers in the classroom?

I have all 3 Assorted CD's and the TV series OST but it seems like that track (and of course the piano version of Hishoku no Sora) has never been released on CD.

akitakumi 2007-10-07 09:48

shakugan no shana OP always so cool

Shiroth 2007-10-07 13:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by darktruth (Post 1187287)
I have all 3 Assorted CD's and the TV series OST but it seems like that track (and of course the piano version of Hishoku no Sora) has never been released on CD.

Yeah, there was a small chance it was going to appear on the movie soundtrack --- but of course, nothing.

Maybe a second season soundtrack, though we'd have to actually hear the track played in the series first, for any hope for it to happen.

neutralizer 2007-10-07 15:33

I can't wait for the release of the new OP, JOINT by Mami Kawada. It just sounds too awesome.

Shiroth 2007-10-07 17:00

Also i'd like to point out, we do hear a number of new BGM tracks in the first episode of the second season. I just love new Ko Otani material.

S_K 2007-10-07 18:15

I love all Shana openings especially because Mami Kawada is one of the greatest singers to me! Hishoku no Sora and JOINT are masterpieces

HashiriyaR32 2007-10-07 22:58

The orchestral pieces used in the beginning of most episodes and in the previews remind me of the BGM used in the episode previews in Death Note.

newby 2007-10-08 10:12

all the OPs and EDs are great! esp. hishoku no sora by mami, and the 1st ED.

the 2nd OP done by kotoko sounded above average. her voice is abit to the "cute" side. the 2nd ED sounds good too.

both OP and ED of the 2nd season sounded fantastic!

overall the music of sns is one of the best i've ever heard!

Apple84 2007-10-09 09:50

does anyone know where or have the instrumental from the very 1st opening?? its by kawada mami - hishoku no sora..i have the song i just need the piano or intrumental version pleaseeeee...i've been looking for it everywhere and cant find it..it usually play in the anime episode theme too .thanks alot.

Shiroth 2007-10-09 10:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apple84 (Post 1191870)
does anyone know where or have the instrumental from the very 1st opening?? its by kawada mami - hishoku no sora..i have the song i just need the piano or intrumental version pleaseeeee...i've been looking for it everywhere and cant find it..it usually play in the anime episode theme too .thanks alot.

You know, just check my post near the start of this thread..

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...35&postcount=4

HashiriyaR32 2007-10-12 01:05

You'll need a niconico account for this Shana-related vid.

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm577675

If "Hishoku no Sora" was meant to attract viewers to the series, then "JOINT", with its hard rock intro, not only did that, but it also turned up the amp to 11, and we all know that 11 is louder than 10.

q10293847 2007-10-14 17:57

Here

Someone made this:

Hishoku (piano)
http://www.alphatrance.com/0engine/m...no-version.mid

kimchipride 2007-10-16 18:31

I don't like the Shana II ending. It has a weird tune in the beginning and ending of the song. The other endings were fine and the 1st ending was GREAT!!!! All the openings are indeed awesome though in terms of animation and sound.

Shadowflame_Zero 2007-10-16 19:02

The op is amazing...the ep is ok, not nearly as good as the 1st seasons 1st ed...if that makes sense lol

but the op makes up for it...

serenade_beta 2007-10-17 00:17

I just thought of this, but a lot of minor characters do not get to appear in the opening, unlike op 1 and 2 for season 1.

Poor minor characters.

Still a good opening though.

Guido 2007-10-18 13:49

It happened what it had to happen.

After listening to season's two OP for the third time not only did I get used to it but fell in love with.

Waiting with expectation for the release of the cd singles.

zai_shana 2007-10-19 07:04

well i like both the OP and ED themes of SNS II! :D

though at first the OP was totally a hard rock but when you reached the vocal part its really cool! and i really love it! XD

as for the ED well i like it because the rythym is just nice + its just one of the common genres sung by Mami Kawada :)

anyways i have the OP and ED TV versions though but i can't wait for the release of its single this coming OCT.31 XD

Krinen 2007-10-20 14:30

Rawr. Joint (OP of II) Doesn't get it's single out 'till October 31.

It's so awesome, too =(

X10A_Freedom 2007-10-24 19:15

Joint and Hishoku no Sora took time to grow on me but they are very good. I liked all the OP/ED of the first series of Shana. It's probably a first for me to like every op/ed from a multi-OP/Ed series - shows how awesome they are!

bismuth 2007-10-26 05:24

I like all the OP/ED songs of the 1st season, especially Hishoku no Sora - my favorite. I'm still evaluating the 2nd season songs. Usually it takes time for the songs to grow on you.

holyman282 2007-10-28 00:41

All the OP scenes of Shana are extremely well done. Really liked Joint and can't wait for the CD release.

Honestly to me the Shana series has several of the best OP scenes and music I've ever seen.. Really it's that good.

Same_Shark 2007-10-29 18:29

The full versions of JOINT and triangle are up at the usual place! I must say, both songs kick major ass. I'll leave you guys to form your own opinions!

Krinen 2007-10-29 18:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by holyman282
All the OP scenes of Shana are extremely well done. Really liked Joint and can't wait for the CD release.

Honestly to me the Shana series has several of the best OP scenes and music I've ever seen.. Really it's that good.

I'd have to agree with you on many, many levels there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Same_Shark (Post 1227619)
The full versions of JOINT and triangle are up at the usual place! I must say, both songs kick major ass. I'll leave you guys to form your own opinions!

And where might the "Usual" place be?
If it's risky just PM me or somesuch.

Same_Shark 2007-10-29 19:01

I must say, triangle is definately my favorite out of the two songs. There's so muc emotion in it and I can definately relate to the lyrics.

serenade_beta 2007-10-30 00:00

Listened to the OP song (full version):

Pretty good.

I was never a fan of the ED, so I didn't listen to it.

mpt37 2007-10-30 01:34

Just finished listening to the full version of joint. I was expecting there to be a guitar solo since they had that heavy metal intro so I'm a bit disappointed that there wasn't one. Other than that, another great song from this series.

minhtam1638 2007-10-30 02:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Same_Shark (Post 1227619)

I'm new, so I don't know what that usual place is. PM me.

Sinestra 2007-10-30 08:26

Downloaded the OP and ED last night listened to them on the way to work. Kwada Mami has been putting out some good stuff over the past year. Joint and Triangle are excellent tracks now it time to drive my co workers crazy by putting them on repeat ALL DAY Mwahhhhh:p

Teiran 2007-10-30 17:49

Geez, both of Kawada Mami's Shana OPs flat-out rock.

I'm loving the full cut of Joint; it's got the kind of soaring melody to which I'm especially partial and the same infectious energy that made Hishoku no Sora so fun to listen to. Even better, the hard-edged intro doesn't seem nearly as invasive when the song isn't abridged for TV.

holyman282 2007-10-31 00:39

I found joint to be alot more dark and pervasive then the semi happy sort of tone i got from Hishoki no Sora. This really makes it very enjoyable, the guitar intro was amazing.

I'd have to say Joint is one of the best songs i've heard in quite a while.

Sinestra 2007-10-31 18:53

I think Mami Kawada's ability to adapt to the style of music at hand is what her and her music so enjoyable. Joint upbeat guitar rifts and darker edge appeal to fans who like a little harder music while While Triangle has a more pop sound that is still energetic but gives off a kind of immature innocence. Both styles describe Shana her self to a certain extent.

wumingkaras 2007-11-01 06:45

AHHHH!!!! I am new here^^ Halo everyone^^
I would love to hear the full versions, can PM me where to fond it? pls~~
I LOVE SHANA!!!

zai_shana 2007-11-01 07:35

yeah! JOINT was really awesome! with a rock beat! love it very much! ;)
+ the triangle is nice too with a happy beat i guess ^_^'

holyman282 2007-11-02 22:15

The build up to the chorus for Joint is just amazing, it felt like all the energy that was stored in the verses were released all at once in the chorus.

Midonin 2007-11-02 22:20

I'll have to second what everyone else is saying. Joint is one excellent song.

minhtam1638 2007-11-02 22:23

Did anybody see the PV for JOINT? I saw it, and it looked like Mami pulled off an Evanescence to me.

Masanori Ota 2007-11-02 22:52

I prefer the animu JOINT intro to her poor acting. The metal/mechanical renderings are perfect for the intro. If only the whole song was like the intro. Less vocals, more instruments. I prefer the instrumental version now, actually.

As for the ED, whatever that's called, I think I deleted it by accident. Oh well. Nothing of value was lost, not even the instrumental version.

holyman282 2007-11-04 00:49

The PV for JOINT was dissapointing to say the least. It really did look like poor acting for Mami as the scenes depict sad and depressing but she was basically smirking as she sung the song. Also my image of how she sung the chorus was completely shattered. Listening to just the song i felt that she put so much energy and enthusiasm into the chorus but in the PV it didn't look any different from her singing the verses..

Really I've become completely disillusioned from the PV, should of never watched it, the anime OP was way better. Also she looked a bit chubby in the camera, not sure if it's the case of her not being photogenic or that she's just chubby.

Terransheep 2007-11-04 22:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by X10A_Freedom (Post 1218676)
Joint and Hishoku no Sora took time to grow on me but they are very good. I liked all the OP/ED of the first series of Shana. It's probably a first for me to like every op/ed from a multi-OP/Ed series - shows how awesome they are!

yup, same.

I had to listen to them nonstop... LOL