AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   (L) BLACK ROCK SHOOTER TV series (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=106356)

gecd 2011-08-18 11:58

BLACK ROCK SHOOTER TV series

http://i811.photobucket.com/albums/z...sual_large.jpg
Original Concept : BRS Project
Original Character Design: huke
Director: Shinobu Yoshioka
CG Battle Director: Hiroyuki Imaishi
Series Script Editor/Script: Mari Okada
Chief Animation Director/Animation Character Design: Yusuke Yoshigaki
Animation Production: Ordet/Sanzigen
Premier : January 2012 on Fuji TV's noitaminA
Studio: Order Sanzigen
Episodes : 8

Official Sites http://www.noitamina-brs.jp/

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...ime-in-january
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...s-holding-firm
further info will be added
first PV :

articuzwolf 2011-08-18 12:06

well didn't see this coming :heh:

Shadow5YA 2011-08-18 12:12

More BRS and Dead Master is always good to me. I just hope they don't repeat and drag out what we have already seen in the OVA over multiple episodes.

LoweGear 2011-08-18 12:14

While the OVA was a good watch, it did feel cut-off and incomplete. If the TV series is a continuation of the OVA, then it'll be quite awesome indeed :D:D:D

gecd 2011-08-18 12:25

Deadmaster = Meganekko now :):)

Kudryavka 2011-08-18 12:36

Pretty awesome. Really hope they use the format to really flesh out the series's world.

Guessing it'll be 1 cour, with only four months to make it.

Klashikari 2011-08-18 12:40

I have a lot of mixed feelings about it.
First and foremost, this is a noitaminA series, so chances the budget will be pretty subpar are moderately high, which won't really help that much... but Since it is still Ordet (so obviously involving Yamamoto Yutaka), things won't be substancially better in term of composition... unless they change dramatically their composition direction.

The OVA didn't have the best plot weaving process, but it had a clean presentation and appropriate budget for the animation (although few things had things left to be desired).
However, in this case, it is hard not to be extremely cautious of how they are going to handle things, especially since it is very likely it will be a 11 episodes series.

I would love to be proved wrong by the time it is aired, but until then, I will probably take a grain of salt with anything related to it.
Somewhat offtopic but I wonder if they are going to use the entitled song of the series or ignore it, pretty much like the OVA :heh:
And... for the love of god, please keep Hanakana for BRS' voice... As much as I love Sakamoto, she doesn't match BRS style and frame at all, it is painful to watch the game trailers.

Tyabann 2011-08-18 12:56

Is Tanigawa still working on the script? If not I'm not interested. :heh:

Suzuku 2011-08-18 13:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Klashikari (Post 3733421)
I have a lot of mixed feelings about it.
First and foremost, this is a noitaminA series, so chances the budget will be pretty subpar are moderately high,

Huh? noitaminA produce some of the best looking shows...Fractale, AnoHana, and Usagi Drop have all been beautiful, and Guilty Crown looks awesome as well.

Anyway, definitely wasn't expecting this to be in the noitaminA slot. Looking forward to it anyway. Now, I wonder if this is the only noitaminA for Winter? I sure hope so...

Klashikari 2011-08-18 13:11

And we have things like [C] and Shiki being the bottom of the barrel in term of Budget. Furthermore, you can't say Anohana and Usagi Drop have any outstanding budgets (anohana has a consistant design, but that's it. If you want outstanding presentation, ignoring the plot, Iroha just wipes the floor compared to AnoHana).
Usagi Drop and Wandering son were about presentation and design regarding the visual aspect, but it isn't exactly representative of a budget (and they don't need that anyway, considering the themes and story progression).

Things are of course dependant how the studio is going to use the budget, but honestly, unless they change dramatically the plot, BRS will involve much more action which cannot rely on visual aspect alone.

Dop 2011-08-18 13:12

I'm not wildly surprised this got a series, but I am surprised it's going to be on Noitamina!

Suzuku 2011-08-18 13:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Klashikari (Post 3733456)
And we have things like [C] and Shiki being the bottom of the barrel in term of Budget. Furthermore, you can't say Anohana and Usagi Drop have any outstanding budgets (anohana has a consistant design, but that's it. If you want outstanding presentation, ignoring the plot, Iroha just wipes the floor compared to AnoHana).
Usagi Drop and Wandering son were about presentation and design regarding the visual aspect, but it isn't exactly representative of a budget (and they don't need that anyway, considering the themes and story progression).

Things are of course dependant how the studio is going to use the budget, but honestly, unless they change dramatically the plot, BRS will involve much more action which cannot rely on visual aspect alone.

Okay, but you still have not made the case exactly why you say noitaminA production have low budgets. The animation sequences in some episodes of AnoHana and Fractale were amazing, but it's telling that both of those were produced by A-1 Pictures. I think the contracting of talent by a studio is far more important than the budget. Of course, whether they can contract some animators is also dependent on the budget, but it's more about being able to book them in time. I admit that Shiki had horrible animation and it was obvious it had a low budget because I can't remember any episodes that were particularly well animated, but [C] did have two or three good looking episodes.

Meh, I feel that the situation for each anime varies and we can't just chock it up to noitaminA shows inherently having low budget. And comparing anything to Iroha is a bit unfair. Iroha is beyond what anyone would call even a "big budget" show.

Guardian Enzo 2011-08-18 13:35

Sort of an odd choice for NoitaminA, seems, to me, but I'm sure this will be a financial winner for them. Yamakan will be involved, so let the bitching begin now and let's get a head start... :heh:

SilverSyko 2011-08-18 13:54

So, the plot of this gonna be a follow-up to the OVA that was shown last year?

Well, hopefully this proves to be more intense than that was. I'm very much preferring the game's take on the character and universe right now.

Not that the OVA was bad or anything. Mostly just unfulfilling.

Riga92 2011-08-18 14:35

Will Yamakan finally be able to save anime? :heh:

Joking aside, this came as a bit of a surprise to me. I didn't think the OVA was that bad, and since I love Huke's designs, I'm looking forward to this.

EDIT: The article updated and it looks like Yamakan isn't involved in BRS afterall.

Kaioshin Sama 2011-08-18 14:50

I kind of have to ask whether this project is really necessary. I mean as I understand the phenomenon, Black Rock Shooter is basically just a picture that some guy named Huke drew that got popular on 2ch and then 2ch just decided on character traits to assign to the character design and it snowballed from there, getting tied into vocaloid at some point along the way.

I mean this basically seems like letting 2ch write a character and concept for you and then turning around and adaptating it into a show to sell back to them. It's like the ultimate cutting corners/in-bed relationship that the industry could possibly have with fans IMO and....well....it doesn't surprise me that anime industry drama king Yutaka Yamamoto is involved in this somehow since he basically got that ball rolling. I mean if anyone knows how to market things otaku like back to otaku it's this guy, but is he capable of not swallowing his own foot long enough to last through an entire anime series?

Wasn't this guy supposed to be retiring after the total bomb that was Fractale by the way? Guess he's not really big on standing by his words or having much in the way of credibility these days. A shame because I used to respect his outspokeness before he turned out to be the Tomonobu Itakagi of the anime industry

Kanon 2011-08-18 15:02

No worries, guys. Yamakan's still saving anime the only way he can - not making any.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ANN
Update: Yutaka Yamamoto, the director of the Black Rock Shooter video anime and the founder of Ordet, reported on his Twitter account on Friday that the new project is not his.

YES YES YES!

I'm very much looking forward to this now.

I was going to say this is an odd choice for Noitamina, but then again, otaku anime seems to be becoming the norm for the slot, so that kind of announcement isn't exactly surprising anymore. One has to wonder what the purpose of Noitamina will be if they start airing the same stuff as everyone else.

Shiroth 2011-08-18 15:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kanon (Post 3733572)
One has to wonder what the purpose of Noitamina will be if they start airing the same stuff as everyone else.

This is why i'm not happy. :(

Apart from the Noitamina subject, as long as the TV series stays as a visual treat, then i'll keep watching.

Arabesque 2011-08-18 15:17

Regardless of the doubts I'm feeling, I have been really really really really really really really really wanting this to happen for a long time now, so yay!

Looking forward to it.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo (Post 3733485)
Sort of an odd choice for NoitaminA, seems, to me

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama (Post 3733560)
I kind of have to ask whether this project is really necessary.

I don't know, to me this seems like a pretty logical and frankly fitting choice for them. I mean, they outright said ''we want to target otaku's to be more financially successful'' so why beat around the bush?
Quote:

Originally Posted by Riga92 (Post 3733538)
Will Yamakan finally be able to save anime? :heh:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama (Post 3733560)
is he capable of not swallowing his own foot long enough to last through an entire anime series?

Will people finally understand how much of a tormented genius he is?

The only way to find out the answer to these questions is to tune in to the Yamakan Drama channel! Where needless and unnecessary drama is available all the damn time.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kanon (Post 3733572)
One has to wonder what the purpose of Noitamina will be if they start airing the same stuff as everyone else.

To make ton of money.

That's pretty much what its heading out to be now.

Nerroth 2011-08-18 16:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Klashikari (Post 3733421)
And... for the love of god, please keep Hanakana for BRS' voice... As much as I love Sakamoto, she doesn't match BRS style and frame at all, it is painful to watch the game trailers.

In fairness, the BRS of the game-verse is quite different to the incarnation seen in the OVA.

Speaking of which, if the game ends up being well recieved, I would personally like to see an anime based on that world; to give characters like Gray a chance to do their thing without tripping over the "original cast".

But, we'll see.