AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   K-On! (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=90)
-   -   K-On! - Episode 10 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=82343)

Pellissier 2009-06-04 02:54

K-On! - Episode 10 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for K-On!, Episode 10.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

Wyxor 2009-06-04 06:07

Eh is Episode 10 aired?

Kana Futayo 2009-06-04 06:11

I think it airs around 2:00am in japan. So that's roughly 7 more hours left.

Wyxor 2009-06-04 06:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moonie (Post 2434531)
I think it airs around 2:00am in japan. So that's roughly 7 more hours left.

Damn, guess Ill watch it tommorow then. thx for the info

Karlson 2009-06-04 08:35

Summer vacation episode right?

Spoiler for Manga Spoilers:

Fran~ 2009-06-04 11:17

^
Spoiler:

Wyxor 2009-06-04 11:39

Cant wait too see whats going to happen in Episode 10.

Utau 2009-06-04 12:33

ep.10
Spoiler:

Game8910 2009-06-04 12:46

Spoiler for episode 10:

Ithekro 2009-06-04 14:54

That was amusing.
Spoiler for Heh:

Game8910 2009-06-04 15:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ithekro (Post 2435205)
That was amusing.
Spoiler for Heh:

which would be a shame because thats one of the funnier chapters IMO

serenade_beta 2009-06-04 15:37

Spoiler for ep10:

Sidestep 2009-06-04 16:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ithekro (Post 2435205)
Spoiler for Heh:

I was about to rage until I re-read it.

yezhanquan 2009-06-04 21:01

I'm glad KyoAni slipped in the gag about Mio's hands.

Fran~ 2009-06-04 21:49

^Lol... they mentioned it in a funny way though (ongiris)... :D

Yui and Ritsu, as always, commanded the fun:
- despite being DFC they performed a flawless symmetrical docking.
- they performed a perfect moe-onion-chopping-onion technique.

nice episode, different from the manga, but funny.

Ruezu 2009-06-04 22:18

Why does there have to be another similar beach episode? Don't they any new ideas? T_T

KnightHart 2009-06-04 22:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruezu (Post 2435805)
Why does there have to be another similar beach episode? Don't they any new ideas? T_T

it's following the manga

Fran~ 2009-06-04 22:21

But in this one they went to an even bigger villa, a different beach... and Azu-nyan was there too!

Mecha_Trueno 2009-06-04 23:02

My only gripe is
Spoiler:

Bonta Kun 2009-06-04 23:22

haha I loved this ep, just all very sweet and lovely going ons.

Azunyan is just too adorably cute!

but I still love all the little things Mugi-chan does, gotta love her sleep talking and the black one piece!:love:

KiNA 2009-06-04 23:23

^ Indeed.. whats with her and her jello dream :heh:

Kaioshin Sama 2009-06-04 23:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnightHart (Post 2435810)
it's following the manga

I like how whenever a show happens to be good it's all, "Kudos Kyoani, you are the greatest", but whenver it's medicore it's all "oh well they were just following the manga, only so much they can do". :heh:

Fran~ 2009-06-05 00:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiNA (Post 2435895)
^ Indeed.. whats with her and her jello dream :heh:

i would pay to see that jello dream :naughty:

Proto 2009-06-05 00:14

Quote:

I like how whenever a show happens to be good it's all, "Kudos Kyoani, you are the greatest", but whenver it's medicore it's all "oh well they were just following the manga, only so much they can do".
You can think of it as a sports team and its fanatics and all makes sense :)

Kana Futayo 2009-06-05 00:19

:heh:
Jello is nice

yezhanquan 2009-06-05 00:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama (Post 2435932)
I like how whenever a show happens to be good it's all, "Kudos Kyoani, you are the greatest", but whenver it's medicore it's all "oh well they were just following the manga, only so much they can do". :heh:

That is why I have had some banging on the wall that KyoAni had chose to animate this series now.

In the manga, the second beach episode was to usher in Azusa to the club. After the "crying game" in the last ep (which changed the tone), KyoAni now felt obliged to slip in Azusa practising with Yui. To be fair, given the situation, it made more sense to split Ui's meeting with Azusa into two.

Still, the fireworks part was off, although the outdoor cooking portion was good, if only because they remembered the "Mio's hands are big" gag.

Game8910 2009-06-05 00:27

not to mention KyoAni doesnt seem to like fanservice (unless its Haruhi)

Kaioshin Sama 2009-06-05 00:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Game8910 (Post 2435964)
not to mention KyoAni doesnt seem to like fanservice (unless its Haruhi)

They love fanservice beyond that which any other company does, just in a different sense then what is commonly recognized. AKA ecchi.

Game8910 2009-06-05 00:51

I never liked ecchi but I do enjoy the occasional fanservice every now and then. Last time I ever saw KyoAni doing fanservice was with Clannad's season 1 with Kyou in the closet.

K-ON has its fair amount of fanservice in it and so far none has made the anime (completely)

Hypernova 2009-06-05 03:01

I like the beach ep, it was fitting to show the progression of time and properly integrate Azusa.

Quote:

In many cases it is better to just stick with the manga, Negima being a prime example.

Jehuty 2009-06-05 03:29

I like how Yui can tune her guitar to perfection without needing a tuner, and doesn't know what one is, haha

Also, was I the only one that felt frustrated when they were about to start practicing and BAM! they switch to the shot outside the summer house :(

Spoiler for bundled with the episode:

Kyourin 2009-06-05 04:02

watching it now XD just got home from school

Spoiler for XD:

Kaioshin Sama 2009-06-05 04:48

What do I even have left to say about this show. We've done this stuff before in a way that is more redundant then the last beach getaway episode and even the last few episodes, only this time we have appearances by Azusa and Sawako to add to it all. Next episode please, this one was completely recycled, as opposed to the partially recycled that every episode since the 2nd one has been. :rolleyes:

Though I am tempted to believe that this show ran out of steam 6 episodes ago and has just been half assing itself to get to that 12 episode mark. Nothing is going to change, nothing is going to evolve gag wise....just two more episodes to go and it's all over. Could have just as easily been a 3 episode OVA.

Flo 2009-06-05 05:15

First impression

Spoiler:

Edit: And so I've decided to watch the OP and series' the sponsorship. A fugly Yui cosplay for sponsorship, how fitting.

Spoiler for Pic of Episode 10 sponsorship:

Pachael 2009-06-05 06:22

Quote:

<---

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Hypernova 2009-06-05 08:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pachael (Post 2436334)
<---

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

To quote Yahtzee
Quote:

Fans are clingy complaining dipshits who will never ever be grateful for any concession you make. The moment you shut out their shrill, tremulous voices the happier you will be for it. Incidentally, why not buy a Zero Punctuation t-shirt?

DJLowrider 2009-06-05 08:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama (Post 2436227)
Though I am tempted to believe that this show ran out of steam 6 episodes ago and has just been half assing itself to get to that 12 episode mark. Nothing is going to change, nothing is going to evolve gag wise....just two more episodes to go and it's all over. Could have just as easily been a 3 episode OVA.

Though I am an unabashed KyoAni whore, I pretty much agree. The series has felt like it's on cruise control over the past few episodes and 10 wasn't any different. It's still somewhat enjoyable, but it's lost whatever spark it had in the early going.

Still, given the amount of success the series has seen in Japan I wouldn't be surprised if we hear about a second 1-cour season down the road to cover the next chapter of the manga once it finishes up. K-ON! could very easily be KyoAni's "Minami-ke" as it were.

Anyway, amusing episode but nothing more notable than that. I'm not a fan of Azusa at all. 7/10 for me.

BetoJR 2009-06-05 08:38

I find it highly amusing, how there are loyal defenders and attackers for these high profile animation houses. I mean, some people tend to nitpick lots of things in KyoAni and Sunrise series, and there are regular people defending or attacking in both camps. It's an interesting behavior to notice, I think.

Ascaloth 2009-06-05 09:17

Episode 10 article is up:

[RIUVA] K-ON!, Episode 10

To be honest, the pacing was all over the place this episode. 7/10.

SaintessHeart 2009-06-05 09:30

For some reason Mio is still terrified of barnacles. So does she have a tentacle anti-fetish, or is she a closet tentacle fetishist?

But I can see Ritsu being a greedy person and eating alot, drumming pretty much needs alot of energy and stamina compared to other instruments.

Difference between Azunyan and Mio : Size of breasts? LOL. Is Azunyan's really that flat until she wears a sukumizu instead of a regular bikini?

*stares and thinks* Never mind, she still looks cute anyway. xD