AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Suisei no Gargantia (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=130)
-   -   Suisei no Gargantia - Character Discussion - Chamber (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=119162)

mechalord 2013-05-16 14:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marly (Post 4658428)
Yes, but that's because Ledo is part of the Galactic Alliance. I was wondering what would happen if Ledo slowly became more and more detached from his mission and the Alliance in general, and what Chamber's reaction to that would be.

AI go rogue all the time. AI is an old soldier AI to a space marine. Like Cortana in Halo, he's going to remain loyal to Ledo.

Tenzen12 2013-05-18 04:13

Actualy I can't see it.

He doesn't have any actual emotions nor loyality aside of what were programmed into him. We ourself ascribe "him" human atributes and emotions,but there is no actual proof about that "he" has such thing.

That said I love snarking and akwardness of this Moebot :heh:

mechalord 2013-05-19 18:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tenzen12 (Post 4685503)
Actualy I can't see it.

He doesn't have any actual emotions nor loyality aside of what were programmed into him. We ourself ascribe "him" human atributes and emotions,but there is no actual proof about that "he" has such thing.

That said I love snarking and akwardness of this Moebot :heh:

Chamber appears programmed to learn, take care of his pilot, take care of his robot, protect his pilots life, and be a companion.

Tenzen12 2013-05-20 18:57

Yes I am sure that is important part of programing. It fits what I said as well.

zztop 2013-06-01 03:47

Chamber vs the Valvrave: Who Would Win?

bastek66 2013-06-01 06:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by zztop (Post 4704339)
Chamber vs the Valvrave: Who Would Win?

Chamber is small compared to VVV

Funkatron 2013-06-02 13:44

Chamber and Ledo are most likely gonna have a difference of opinion

Jan-Poo 2013-06-02 14:40

Man I don't know. Ledo managed to convince Chamber that he is the the highest ranked authority of the galactic alliance currently on the area and that that gives him the right to override established military protocols.

Chamber didn't initially agreed to show the content of classified information to Ledo at first. He probably can be reasoned with even about the non necessity to kill every single whalesquid.

Funkatron 2013-06-02 14:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jan-Poo (Post 4706023)
Man I don't know. Ledo managed to convince Chamber that he is the the highest ranked authority of the galactic alliance currently on the area and that that gives him the right to override established military protocols.

Chamber didn't initially agreed to show the content of classified information to Ledo at first. He probably can be reasoned with even about the non necessity to kill every single whalesquid.

The standing order to kill all Hideauze might be hard written code in Chamber's core. He may be obliged to kill the whalesquids even if Ledo orders him not too.

Jan-Poo 2013-06-02 14:58

I think that for the Galactic Alliance protecting classified information is more important than hardcoding the necessity to kill Hideauze in every of their machines. What if comes a sudden necessity to order a cease fire?

Moreover, Chamber could have decided to independently kill the Hideauze when they swarmed Gargantia, but he didn't move a finger.

Why should he have a problem in not acting in front of them, if he already did so?

Funkatron 2013-06-02 15:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jan-Poo (Post 4706047)
I think that for the Galactic Alliance protecting classified information is more important than hardcoding the necessity to kill Hideauze in every of their machines. What if comes a sudden necessity to order a cease fire?

Moreover, Chamber could have decided to independently kill the Hideauze when they swarmed Gargantia, but he didn't move a finger.

Why should he have a problem in not acting in front of them, if he already did so?

If he feels that Ledo's mind has been compromised by the enemy's "propaganda"? I can see a scenario like that happening and it was sorta hinted in ep 9

Jan-Poo 2013-06-02 15:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funkatron (Post 4706049)
If he feels that Ledo's mind has been compromised by the enemy's "propaganda"? I can see a scenario like that happening and it was sorta hinted in ep 9

Well that may work if Chamber concludes that Ledo is a traitor, in that case Ledo would automatically lose any authority.

I guess I can't exclude your theory, but there must be some kind of "traitor check" routine embedded in Chamber's program.
However in the case Ledo simply told him "I prefer not to attack the Hideauze for now", he shouldn't complain, as it might be a strategical option.

Funkatron 2013-06-02 15:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jan-Poo (Post 4706059)
Well that may work if Chamber concludes that Ledo is a traitor, in that case Ledo would automatically lose any authority.

I guess I can't exclude your theory, but there must be some kind of "traitor check" routine embedded in Chamber's program.
However in the case Ledo simply told him "I prefer not to attack the Hideauze for now", he shouldn't complain, as it might be a strategical option.

Ledo is suffering a crisis of faith right now. Chamber is going to notice eventually; its just a matter of what happens when it becomes apparent that his pilot no longer wants to fight for the cause/mission/holy war.

Xion Valkyrie 2013-06-02 16:21

What if Lego has to fight Chamber in the climax because Chamber still cannot override his orders to destroy the Hideaze. Then in the remains of Chamber, Ledo finds out that Chamber is his brother.

mikeomni 2013-06-02 20:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie (Post 4706104)
What if Lego has to fight Chamber in the climax because Chamber still cannot override his orders to destroy the Hideaze. Then in the remains of Chamber, Ledo finds out that Chamber is his brother.

That would be totally horrifying. AI based on human brains kind of thing? That wouldn't be too different from Evolvers with their bio-nanotech bodies with a human base. Chamber doesn't appear creative enough for this. Even ROM constructs in sci-fi exhibit human-like quirks. If Chamber started singing or something you may have something there ...

Funkatron 2013-06-02 20:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeomni (Post 4706311)
That would be totally horrifying. AI based on human brains kind of thing? That wouldn't be too different from Evolvers with their bio-nanotech bodies with a human base. Chamber doesn't appear creative enough for this. Even ROM constructs in sci-fi exhibit human-like quirks. If Chamber started singing or something you may have something there ...

It wouldn't make any sense, though: why have a human brain as support when you could just have the human brain be the pilot?

zeando 2013-06-03 07:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jan-Poo (Post 4706047)

had forgot about that part, i agree that may suggest chamber killed of that humanoid whalesquid to avoid more informations to leak (even if, once ledo was able to watch the records it was already a bit too late for it)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie (Post 4706104)

Lol, not again, after "the squids are human" i couldn't bear a "the robots are human" too :heh:

Cosmic Eagle 2013-06-03 07:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funkatron (Post 4706319)
It wouldn't make any sense, though: why have a human brain as support when you could just have the human brain be the pilot?

Law of sci-fi....computers get more level up by inserting brains into them

Funkatron 2013-06-03 07:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle (Post 4706836)
Law of sci-fi....computers get more level up by inserting brains into them

There is already a human brain: the pilot.

It makes no sense to have a brain be the support when you could just have that brain do everything and have no pilot.

Nvis 2013-06-03 12:18

I thought GA consists of all Ledo clones(or probably all the soldiers are) = Clone Army.