AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=138)
-   -   Magical Suite Prism Nana (OVA) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=113872)

Kirito 2012-08-01 07:29

Magical Suite Prism Nana (OVA)

The studio behind Puella Magi Madoka Magica and Bakemonogatari announces a new project in the works. This will be presented at Comic Market this month so no major info as of right now. I must admit this new project thing as me interested. It looks to be another Magical Girl premise, can't wait to see where this goes.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...-project-anime

Westlo 2012-08-01 07:34

Stuff this, they should just churn out Monogatari sequels and Madoka Movies + spinoffs!

*thumbs down*

winhlp32 2012-08-01 07:42

Yes...if Kantoku is doing the character design then this is a must watch.

com_gwp 2012-08-01 07:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by winhlp32 (Post 4284598)

I'm pretty damn sure it's him, or if not, someone doing a damn good impression. :heh:

Looks like we're witnessing the birth of the next big name in character design, what with this and HentaiOuji next year...

totoum 2012-08-01 07:58

LOL

Quote:

The project's official website is currently down, less than an hour after the announcement.
Let the hype begin!!

Sheba 2012-08-01 08:05

Blue hair mahou shoujo have a guitar. I AM SOLD

totoum 2012-08-01 08:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheba (Post 4284639)

Yeah I'm not sure how she's gonna use it to fight but whatever,favorite girl right off the bat!

Sheba 2012-08-01 08:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by totoum (Post 4284645)
Yeah I'm not sure how she's gonna use it to fight but whatever,favorite girl right off the bat!

I-no from the Guilty Gear series shall teach you.

MisaoFan 2012-08-01 08:24

As someone who loved Madoka Magica, this is an instant must-watch for me.

Ridwan 2012-08-01 08:24

This looks attractive enough.

desrtsku 2012-08-01 08:28

oh, it's already here ... whatever.
Oh yes, it's Kantoku for sure ... twice of this kind announcement this week, God must exist

j0x 2012-08-01 08:48

hoping this will be a sci-fi with action genre like Madoka Magica was

desrtsku 2012-08-01 08:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by j0x (Post 4284693)
hoping this will be a sci-fi with action genre like Madoka Magica was

I'm throwing money at the screen but nothing happens!! Why?!

sirn 2012-08-01 10:30

According to Comike's website, booth 642 seems to be for "Magical Sweet Prism Nana" (まじかるすいーとプリズム・ナナ). Maybe this is the series' official title?

relentlessflame 2012-08-01 10:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by winhlp32 (Post 4284598)

This was basically my reaction as well. The did well to choose Kantoku as the original character designer, particularly given the other adaptation that was just announced. The merchandise potential for art based on the original character designs is huge. Of course, I hope they will do the designs justice in the animation, but should be possible. We'll see who they get on the writing and music duties this time.

Pocari_Sweat 2012-08-01 10:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Westlo (Post 4284590)
Stuff this, they should just churn out Monogatari sequels and Madoka Movies + spinoffs!

*thumbs down*

I appreciate your sarcasm but I don't think Shaft fans are like Kyoani fans ;)

sirn 2012-08-01 10:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by relentlessflame (Post 4284858)
Of course, I hope they will do the designs justice in the animation, but should be possible. We'll see who they get on the writing and music duties this time.

They managed to do it with Buriki design. I'd expect them to do a good job adapting Kantoku's design as well.

Tempester 2012-08-01 11:03

This just might be that light-hearted magical girl anime that Shinbo said wanted to make while he was directing Madoka Magica.

Of course I'm looking forward to it.

Pocari_Sweat 2012-08-01 11:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tempester (Post 4284880)
This just might be that light-hearted magical girl anime that Shinbo said wanted to make while he was directing Madoka Magica.

Of course I'm looking forward to it.

Wasn't Nanoha lighthearted enough though :p. Well at least season 1 which he directed.

DorkingtonPugsly 2012-08-01 11:18

It's SHAFT so I'm probably going to like it, but personally I'd prefer that they get on with the monogatari series. I think Kizu has been delayed by magical girls long enough.

Midonin 2012-08-01 11:22

I have no idea who this Kantoku guy everyone's talking about it, but I do know Shaft and magical girls. And that will get me to watch.

BaKaBaKaOtaKu 2012-08-01 11:30

OMG, I saw this at ANN I just screamed like a mad fanboy. I bet Gen Urobuchi wrote this too. And it's supposed to be a surprise that he's gonna be a part of it. Remember when Shaft didn't intend to reveal him as the writer in Madoka? I won't be surprise if it's him again.

But dayum. I'm so excited about this. I just can't...

EDIT: Maybe Gen's working on Psycho Pass and not this.

totoum 2012-08-01 11:30

I know Shinbo and shaft go hand in hand together these days but still, are we sure Shinbo's directing this?

BaKaBaKaOtaKu 2012-08-01 11:37

It looks elemental. Like water, fire and earth etc...

Lord of Fire 2012-08-01 11:47

All right, Shaft, you got my attention. Now, work your magic and show the world why you're my favorite studio.

Klashikari 2012-08-01 11:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Midonin (Post 4284906)
I have no idea who this Kantoku guy everyone's talking about it, but I do know Shaft and magical girls. And that will get me to watch.

Kantoku is a well known doujin artist, publishing his works as the circle 5年目の放課後 (gonenme no houkagou : afterschool of the fifth year). So popular that grabbing one of his set during the comiket is really a marathon (on last fuyucomi) I went trough 2h of queue, and that's factoring I was at Tokyo Big Sight around 5:30AM :heh:).

Currently the artist for Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko (which incidentally got a anime adaptation announcement, as relentless pointed out), and a VN, Your Diary.

I have no idea if this will be a regular magical girl series or something akin to Madoka, altough it would be much wiser to wait, as I don't really think they could expand themselves with something similar instead of bluntly make a "Magica Homura" or something like that.
If they aim for a faithful design effect, I just hope they will go even further than Denpa onna, because the latter still suffered left and right from whacky stuff and all when they don't put Erio onscreen.

Kunagisa 2012-08-01 12:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by sirn (Post 4284826)
According to Comike's website, booth 642 seems to be for "Magical Sweet Prism Nana" (まじかるすいーとプリズム・ナナ). Maybe this is the series' official title?

I think it's Suite instead of Sweet though give the illustrations.

Kirito 2012-08-01 12:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheba (Post 4284639)

She looks really cool, but the music instrument and the Mahou Shoujo elements sort of remind me a bit of Senhime Zesshou Symphogear. I wonder if it'll go that route or something a little more original.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisaoFan (Post 4284669)
As someone who loved Madoka Magica, this is an instant must-watch for me.

That's the first thing I said the moment that this news was announced.:eyespin:

Like Madoka, I'm putting my complete faith in Shaft on this one. This looks really awesome!:)

sirn 2012-08-01 12:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kunagisa (Post 4284983)
I think it's Suite instead of Sweet though give the illustrations.

Ah, that's more likely.

On the other hand, Kantoku updated his website with Prism Nana's banner (same banner as the one on SHAFT's website). I guess this is pretty much confirm that he is indeed in charge of character design (can it get more obvious than this?).

Tyabann 2012-08-01 13:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlmaKarma (Post 4284901)
I think Kizu has been delayed by magical girls long enough.

I'm going to have to agree with this, yeah.

LoweGear 2012-08-01 13:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by BaKaBaKaOtaKu (Post 4284916)
I bet Gen Urobuchi wrote this too. And it's supposed to be a surprise that he's gonna be a part of it. Remember when Shaft didn't intend to reveal him as the writer in Madoka?

Except that they revealed Urobuchi's involvement with Madoka since the beginning. In fact, he was one of the first three names dropped to build interest for the project.

Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)
On this anime, Kantoku as character designer is enough to rope me into this. Need to know more about the premise though.

Kirito 2012-08-01 13:57

If Urobouchi-sensei ends up as the series writer then we know that this series will not be has happy as Madoka was. Still didn't stop him from writing a masterpiece though. Wonder if he'll on board for this one...

totoum 2012-08-01 14:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoweGear (Post 4285066)
Except that they revealed Urobuchi's involvement with Madoka since the beginning. In fact, he was one of the first three names dropped to build interest for the project.

According to a Urobuchi interview that wasn't the original plan,but there were leaks before the official announcement so they figured there was no use hiding it,but if those leaks hadn't happened they would have revealed his involvement later

zeniselv 2012-08-01 14:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoweGear (Post 4285066)

but they did say they planned to keep urobochi name in secret until the anime aired, but someone leaked it and and they just went with it, buti dont think they will go with the same formula, with the same people.

Kanon 2012-08-01 15:29

I had no idea who that Kantoku guy was before coming in this thread. After taking a glance at the design sheets, I can see why he's so hyped. These girls look really cute. I'm digging the outfits too.

This will definitely be a must watch.

Riga92 2012-08-01 15:53

I'm curious to know what's the premise of this new magical girl anime from SHAFT. I keep half-expecting it might be similar/related to Madoka :heh:

Utsuro no Hako 2012-08-01 16:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by BaKaBaKaOtaKu (Post 4284916)
OMG, I saw this at ANN I just screamed like a mad fanboy. I bet Gen Urobuchi wrote this too. And it's supposed to be a surprise that he's gonna be a part of it. Remember when Shaft didn't intend to reveal him as the writer in Madoka? I won't be surprise if it's him again.

But dayum. I'm so excited about this. I just can't...

EDIT: Maybe Gen's working on Psycho Pass and not this.

In the Psycho Pass thread someone posted this quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Urobuchi Gen
I'm working on two more TV projects. One will be released in October and the other in January

So it's possible he's working on both shows.

VampirePaladin 2012-08-01 17:03

I really love green's outfit. Though considering the elemental theme aren't we missing one or two girls? If it is western elements we are missing air if it is eastern we are missing earth and metal.

maximilianjenus 2012-08-01 17:46

I hope it happens in the post madokami world, but actually I woudl rather see a different mahou shoujo show that is not related to madoka but only influenced by it, kind of like how madoak is supossed to have an impact to anime like tetsuwas, gundam and eva did.

regardless:

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t...enus/yl9Z0.gif

Triple_R 2012-08-01 18:00

I really like those magical girl designs. And the characters in general look like they have some real spunk to them.

I'm honestly of two minds on what I want this show to be like:

A kinder, gentler Madoka Magica, or another Gen work. :heh:

One thing's for sure: Shinbo loves his magical girls.