AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

SonicSP 2009-11-01 14:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shiroth (Post 2742771)
Sometimes it depends on how i feel. I mean usually i'd take my time, and build it over the course of a few days, though there have been times where i started the kit, and didn't stop until i finish. When doing it that way, i guess it was around an hour and a half.

Wow..........that's pretty fast.I can never get that fast no matter how determined I am.

justsomeguy 2009-11-01 15:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeesesGlokmah (Post 2742309)
Alright guys. I just went to my local Hobby Store and saw that they had an MG Unicorn Ver. Ka. Kit, and an MG Infinite Justice kit, both for the same price. This will be my first time to get an MG kit, though I have a ton of HG kits. My question is, which one should I get? They also have an MG Zeta Gundam (some special 20th anniversary Metallic Coating edition) for a little bit less money, but I am more drawn to the designs of the Unicorn and Infinite Justice.

I think the Zeta you're talking about is the 1.0 version that many people say is dreadful, so definitely don't get that. As for Unicorn and IJ,

Unicorn: less poseable, more fragile (especially the horn!), awesome in Destroy form.

IJ: doesn't have the wow factor of Unicorn's transformation system, but has far better articulation and more accessories.

gummybear 2009-11-01 15:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Dearka (Post 2742584)
Sorry to say that but to me it is hideaous. A waste of good plastic...

the new Bliz is a waste of good plastic, at least that Gundam is actually new and not just throwing a bunch of kits togather trying to milk :P

Since they never had a 1/100 Gaia, it's the next best thing I guess.

Critias 2009-11-01 16:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Okamidum (Post 2742548)

It's an Astray, OK. Probably from VS, and it looks HG 1/100.
It would look really cool, if it had a more defined "head" in MA/quadruped mode.

Amber.Dawn 2009-11-01 18:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by vektar (Post 2742394)
Get Infinite Justice, Unicorn is a more advanced level kit and shouldn't be your first MG. I know a few people to started off by getting Unicorn and just messed it up in some way or an other. So yeah id go with Infinite Justice.

Unicorn was my first MG =P. My first Gundam too.
I'm not fond of the IJ's design.

Amber.Dawn 2009-11-01 18:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonicSP (Post 2742756)
Question:What's the average time does it take to complete a HG kit without any painting, linings or sanding?[The building process strictly]

I know that it differs greatly with different people with different kits,and some people paint or line before they build and all that,but I want to know a rough average estimation for the building process alone,if that is anybody here has one.Any input is appreciated.

It takes me around 2-3 hours. I go at a fairly slow pace I guess.

SonicSP 2009-11-01 20:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amber.Dawn (Post 2743257)
It takes me around 2-3 hours. I go at a fairly slow pace I guess.

When compared to me,thats fast.The fastest HG for me was 4 hours,and that was when determined.

I guess I'm the one that's going slow.

Patriot's Blade 2009-11-01 20:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Okamidum (Post 2742548)

holy crap! it transformed into a Zoid! (is that you Liger Zero?) :heh:

MeesesGlokmah 2009-11-01 23:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by vektar (Post 2742394)
Get Infinite Justice, Unicorn is a more advanced level kit and shouldn't be your first MG. I know a few people to started off by getting Unicorn and just messed it up in some way or an other. So yeah id go with Infinite Justice.

Thanks for the suggestion. Yeah I've been a little concerned over how fragile I have heard the Unicorn kit is.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dynamite (Post 2742421)
If price is a deciding factor, then get the Unicorn.

Thanks for the suggestion! (as you can see, I cut down your post fo space reasons, haha.) Yeah, both the Unicorn and IJ are $62. I am a pretty frequent customer there, so I also get a small discount. But anyway, yeah price was kind of a factor. Thanks for the info on articulation and such. Definitely will take that into consideration.

Quote:

Originally Posted by justsomeguy (Post 2742810)
I think the Zeta you're talking about is the 1.0 version that many people say is dreadful, so definitely don't get that. As for Unicorn and IJ,

Unicorn: less poseable, more fragile (especially the horn!), awesome in Destroy form.

IJ: doesn't have the wow factor of Unicorn's transformation system, but has far better articulation and more accessories.

Thanks for the info. I never really seriously considered the Zeta, but it was an option, lol. The things you mentioned about the Unicorn and IJ are the main reasons why I am struggling with my decision. I love Destroy mode on Unicorn, but I also love the posability and weapons on IJ. Still a hard decision for me, haha.

GN0010 Nosferatu 2009-11-01 23:29

The fail of SEED once again returns to haunt.

MakubeX2 2009-11-02 00:09

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/6084/1257089183728.jpg
http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/3820/1257089348680.jpg
http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/6882/1257089372024.jpg
Gou Jia Virsago.

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/5/1257089396691.jpg
http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/6862/1257089444859.jpg
New Lu Bu Tallgeese.

vektar 2009-11-02 00:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeesesGlokmah (Post 2743751)
Thanks for the suggestion. Yeah I've been a little concerned over how fragile I have heard the Unicorn kit is.

Thanks for the suggestion! (as you can see, I cut down your post fo space reasons, haha.) Yeah, both the Unicorn and IJ are $62. I am a pretty frequent customer there, so I also get a small discount. But anyway, yeah price was kind of a factor. Thanks for the info on articulation and such. Definitely will take that into consideration.

Thanks for the info. I never really seriously considered the Zeta, but it was an option, lol. The things you mentioned about the Unicorn and IJ are the main reasons why I am struggling with my decision. I love Destroy mode on Unicorn, but I also love the posability and weapons on IJ. Still a hard decision for me, haha.

just flip a coin, heads unicorn tails IJ ♠

GrahamAker 2009-11-02 00:57

has any 1 turned their unicorn into unicorn banshee

Dynamite 2009-11-02 01:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonicSP (Post 2742756)
Question:What's the average time does it take to complete a HG kit without any painting, linings or sanding?[The building process strictly]

What scale?

If you mean a clean OOB kit, it'll usually take me a good...day...? Regardless of scale.

I was never really "determined" to finish a kit since I really enjoy the process. So why would I care about the time when it isn't a chore or I don't have a deadline. Play some music you enjoy, have the TV on, or play some Youtube clips and then build it.

I mean, if you really enjoy the process, you shouldn't be worrying about time.

darkstrife 2009-11-02 03:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dynamite (Post 2743974)
What scale?

If you mean a clean OOB kit, it'll usually take me a good...day...? Regardless of scale.

I was never really "determined" to finish a kit since I really enjoy the process. So why would I care about the time when it isn't a chore or I don't have a deadline. Play some music you enjoy, have the TV on, or play some Youtube clips and then build it.

I mean, if you really enjoy the process, you shouldn't be worrying about time.

HG kits are 1/144 scale, i have never built a HG kit so i can't say, but since it has only 4-5 runners, shouldnt take the average modeller more than a couple of hours

On a separate note, if you are thinking of buying a MG kit this month, you might want to hold off a bit, 21 already released MG kits (including the upcoming Victory) will come with CLEAR PARTS at no additional cost. they will be released progressively from next month.

mmhmmm... maybe i wont get the blue astray anymore, MG force impulse with clear parts sounds awfully tempting :p

Amber.Dawn 2009-11-02 03:38

Hmmm...I've never been attracted to the clear parts. I like metallic, but clear looks very...toy-ish?

Dynamite 2009-11-02 04:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkstrife (Post 2744212)
HG kits are 1/144 scale, i have never built a HG kit so i can't say, but since it has only 4-5 runners, shouldnt take the average modeller more than a couple of hours

Not necessarily. 1/100's were produced in HG for several series. Namely V, G, W and X. But when Bandai released SEED 1/100 models, they no longer slapped the "HG" tag onto the box, but everyone thats built one along with an older 1/100 HG knew they were about the same quality.

So even though they are technically considered "NG (no/non grade), the "older" generation still considers them HG's anyways.

duotiga 2009-11-02 05:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amber.Dawn (Post 2744219)
Hmmm...I've never been attracted to the clear parts. I like metallic, but clear looks very...toy-ish?

hhmmm..metallic hguc Nu gundam/Sazabi coming....are you getting?(personally i find it looks a lot better than MG counterpart)

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3518/...a26ec95045.jpg
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3508/...68321e3349.jpg

Sworra 2009-11-02 08:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by vektar (Post 2743849)
just flip a coin, heads unicorn tails IJ ♠

I call Tails will win. :)

Patriot's Blade 2009-11-02 10:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu (Post 2743768)
The fail of SEED once again returns to haunt.

but to me, its not SEED anymore, but its now G Gundam the 2nd wave :heh: