AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

Appel 2011-08-19 17:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 3734890)

There are also something like this too.

now thats sexy^^ i really love metallic paints when they are used well!

i also just finished the KO destiny.
the body and limbs are alright but the waist is VERY lose (probably because they didnt copy bandais mechanism to spread the legs well enough XD ) and the face looks WRONG! its a little warped and the eye sticker sucks which makes it look really weird :P
i also wont use the light wings. they look ok but they dont fit well at all and they are actually too big for my shelf XD

and i actually tried the dry transfer decals that came with it... holy crap, they SUCK. they simply dont work. i tried to rup it on and 90% of the decal simply didnt transfer at all, only little bits and pieces transfered to the kit and didnt even stick that well.

all in all its an ok kit but a piece of garbage compared to a bandai model^^

http://www.abload.de/img/foto09673pu2.jpg

but hey! it can actually hold the sword with one hand! so thats a plus :P

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2011-08-19 18:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 3735088)
  1. the waist is VERY lose (probably because they didnt copy bandais mechanism to spread the legs well enough XD )
  2. the face looks WRONG! its a little warped and the eye sticker sucks which makes it look really weird :P
  3. i also wont use the light wings. they look ok but they dont fit well at all
  4. i actually tried the dry transfer decals that came with it... holy crap, they SUCK. they simply dont work. i tried to rup it on and 90% of the decal simply didnt transfer at all, only little bits and pieces transfered to the kit and didnt even stick that well.
  5. all in all its an ok kit but a piece of garbage compared to a bandai model^^

That's it, I'll just stick with Bandai, thank you :D. Even though Hongli's price is half or 1/3 of Bandai's, they're still a lot of money :(.

Also, isn't the whole idea of having Destiny Full Burst/Blast is to display its flashy wings? :confused:

Zero Hurricane 2011-08-19 18:43

Then, I agree with you. I also chose Bandai. Though expensive, but the quality is much better. :)

If Destiny Extreme Blast Mode is still, yes.

Appel 2011-08-19 18:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 3735136)
That's it, I'll just stick with Bandai, thank you :D. Even though Hongli's price is half or 1/3 of Bandai's, they're still a lot of money :(.

Also, isn't the whole idea of having Destiny Full Burst/Blast is to display its flashy wings? :confused:

you get what you pay for^^ i saved 100 bucks on this guy so its alright.

and about the wings, i guess it depends on what kind of pose you want to do. the wing effect parts DO work when you fiddle around with them a little. its just a little tight. my main problem is simply that it wont fit in my shelf with the effect parts on XD

optics 2011-08-19 20:05

I think I'll try out this Hongli you guys speak of. Just try one kit. Is this the correct site? (^&(&*^*(

yeahitschris 2011-08-20 00:40

those metallic painted gundams look like 3D models that are created before the actual product is created

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2011-08-20 02:00

@ Optics, I don't really know. You can ask Appel for that. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by yeahitschris (Post 3735485)
those metallic painted gundams look like 3D models that are created before the actual product is created

Are you referring to the MG 00Q Trans-am Mode metallic custom (the pink ones)? If you are, then yeah, the color is a bit odd, but only because it's an effect-color, not the Gundam's original color. Same thing with MG God & Master Gundam Hyper Mode. :)

Appel 2011-08-20 03:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by optics (Post 3735242)
I think I'll try out this Hongli you guys speak of. Just try one kit. Is this the correct site?

carefull! you arent allowed to actually post links to pirated products! only a discussion about it is allowed! :O

and yes, the metallic trans-am OOQ looks a bit odd. i think thats mainly because the big condenser in the chest is painted metallic, too and not clear which would have looked way better in my opinion^^ but its probably really hard to paint a clear part with a different clear color and have it look decent...

oh and the others arent clear too... im really dont like that, those are supposed to be clear, otherwise it just looks weird in my opinion

optics 2011-08-20 11:23

Oops, my bad. Edited it.

Skane 2011-08-20 11:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 3735595)
carefull! you arent allowed to actually post links to pirated products! only a discussion about it is allowed! :O
~~

You're kind of slapping yourself in the face by quoting the link, by the way.

Cheers.

Appel 2011-08-20 11:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skane (Post 3735997)
You're kind of slapping yourself in the face by quoting the link, by the way.

Cheers.

haha, you are right! i forgot that its in the quote, too! XD thanks!

pumpkins 2011-08-20 22:30

does anybody know what material they use to sculpt new parts like those yellow stuff which they use on hobby japan

Chiu_fan 2011-08-20 23:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by pumpkins (Post 3736547)
does anybody know what material they use to sculpt new parts like those yellow stuff which they use on hobby japan

I think the material they use is resin.

Appel 2011-08-21 05:00

you mean like this?
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/--C31OJcIq-...DM/s1600/1.jpg

yeah thats resin. its used in garage kits.

Zero Hurricane 2011-08-21 08:44

Is that a G Saviour?

LoweGear 2011-08-21 08:49

It's the F91 actually.

Appel 2011-08-21 11:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zero Hurricane (Post 3736970)
Is that a G Saviour?

why would anyone want a resin model of that thing? XD its just not worth the effort^^

LoweGear 2011-08-21 23:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 3737149)
why would anyone want a resin model of that thing? XD its just not worth the effort^^

Well, despite the movie's... dubious quality, the G-Saviour itself is actually a rather cool design. Once had the HG G-Saviour a while back, and it looked quite awesome :D

Shame they only made the Space mode variant though...

Kuroi Hadou 2011-08-21 23:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoweGear (Post 3737792)
Well, despite the movie's... dubious quality, the G-Saviour itself is actually a rather cool design. Once had the HG G-Saviour a while back, and it looked quite awesome :D

Shame they only made the Space mode variant though...

The line-arts for G-Saviour are f*cking amazing. :love:

pumpkins 2011-08-22 04:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 3736834)
you mean like this?
yeah thats resin. its used in garage kits.

im thinking of more like these.. http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__...nced_GN-X2.jpg

the top left box. resin then?

Appel 2011-08-22 05:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by pumpkins (Post 3737993)
im thinking of more like these.. http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__...nced_GN-X2.jpg

the top left box. resin then?

i suppose thats either masking tape or putty to fill the hole... its hard to tell. and i dont know about a GN X-IV resin conversion kit.

suiton629 2011-08-22 21:08

SD Wing Zero Custom - Customized Build
http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2011/0...zed-build.html



* more images at the link

crazy how people are so skilled at gunpla...probably have like an art degree, lots of money, and tons of paints & tools... >_<




C3 x Hobby 2011: ELS Qan[T] Resin Kit - Updated Large Images
http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2011/0...resin-kit.html



Now this would be a cool MG kit. But then again, the gradient effect on the wings and the feet would be hard for Bandai to do.




RG 1/144 ZGMF-X10A Freedom Gundam - Design Sketches
http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2011/0...am-design.html


MrSubstitute1 2011-08-22 22:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxnike629xx (Post 3738911)
SD Wing Zero Custom - Customized Build
http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2011/0...zed-build.html



* more images at the link

crazy how people are so skilled at gunpla...probably have like an art degree, lots of money, and tons of paints & tools... >_<




C3 x Hobby 2011: ELS Qan[T] Resin Kit - Updated Large Images
http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2011/0...resin-kit.html



Now this would be a cool MG kit. But then again, the gradient effect on the wings and the feet would be hard for Bandai to do.




RG 1/144 ZGMF-X10A Freedom Gundam - Design Sketches
http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2011/0...am-design.html


I noticed that the feet of the ELS Qan[T] resin kit is somewhat inaccurate to the line art, they made the resin kit look like its wearing high heels. They should make a MG out of this, if they did I hope they fix the feet. Probably they could achieve the gradient affect if they put does parts on a separate runner.

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2011-08-23 00:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxnike629xx (Post 3738911)
Now this would be a cool MG kit. But then again, the gradient effect on the wings and the feet would be hard for Bandai to do.

That's what paints are for ^^.

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxnike629xx (Post 3738911)

Well, even if my dream can't come true (MG Justice), with Freedom made into RG, hopefully RG Justice won't be far behind. Also, the three stooges (Forbidden, Raider, Calamity) while they on it ;).

LoweGear 2011-08-23 01:24

New model kit announcements from this month's Hobby Japan:

HGUC Zee-Zulu:

http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/608...8130838.th.jpg

HGUC Dra-C:

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/5650/...8205127.th.jpg

HGAG Gundam AGE-1 Titus:

http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/8...0238148.th.jpg

HGAG Zedas & HGAG Genoace Custom:

http://img828.imageshack.us/img828/5...0296320.th.jpg

Also, new pics of the HGAG Genoace and HGAG Gafran:

http://img810.imageshack.us/img810/1...0311766.th.jpg

Finally, MG Gundam Sandrock:

http://img803.imageshack.us/img803/2...0632828.th.jpg

DEM HEAT SHOTELS :love:

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2011-08-23 01:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoweGear (Post 3739178)

Finally. Although I'm sad that we don't get the TV version of Sandrock (the beehive-like shoulders kinda turn me off), It looks cool overall. So, do they really include Sandrock's armor in this?

LoweGear 2011-08-23 06:53

Is that what I think it is.... :eek:

http://img806.imageshack.us/img806/9...4099764780.jpg

MakubeX2 2011-08-23 07:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoweGear (Post 3739363)
Is that what I think it is.... :eek:

OK. So this will be the final version of Unicorn as it's stated that since all currrent form of MG Unicorn is uncompatiable with the FA Equipment, Bandai will includes new measures with this upcoming kit.

I wonder will Bandai ditch the transformation gimmick with the MG FA Unicorn, because I'm willing to bet with all the junks it's carrying, this will be like the MG Ex-S Gundam all over if they keep that gimmick.

PS :- I can hear echoes of people cursing and swearing at Bandai now.

LightningZERO 2011-08-23 08:54

Wait till you see the Full Armor Anime Version :heh

Appel 2011-08-23 08:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by MakubeX2 (Post 3739375)
OK. So this will be the final version of Unicorn as it's stated that since all currrent form of MG Unicorn is uncompatiable with the FA Equipment, Bandai will includes new measures with this upcoming kit.

I wonder will Bandai ditch the transformation gimmick with the MG FA Unicorn, because I'm willing to bet with all the junks it's carrying, this will be like the MG Ex-S Gundam all over if they keep that gimmick.

PS :- I can hear echoes of people cursing and swearing at Bandai now.

i think ditching the transformation would be a logical step. it would provide a stronger frame for all the additional equipment which would make it a lot easier and cheaper for bandai to make this kit.
also, i have never seen a full armor unicorn in unicorn mode. i have always seen it in destroy mode!

but yeah, this was inevitable^^ before i got my unicorn ver.ka titanium finish i knew that there would be a FA version sooner or later.
i really dont know whether im going to buy this or not. the unicorn banshee has a higher priority for me.

LoweGear 2011-08-23 09:06

DAT BOXART *ehem* HGUC Jesta boxart:

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/9282/30149939.th.jpg

suiton629 2011-08-23 09:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 3739442)
i think ditching the transformation would be a logical step. it would provide a stronger frame for all the additional equipment which would make it a lot easier and cheaper for bandai to make this kit.
also, i have never seen a full armor unicorn in unicorn mode. i have always seen it in destroy mode!

but yeah, this was inevitable^^ before i got my unicorn ver.ka titanium finish i knew that there would be a FA version sooner or later.
i really dont know whether im going to buy this or not. the unicorn banshee has a higher priority for me.

I would say that Bandai will get rid of the transforming gimmick. Or, they might release a Unicorn Mode version...LOL...w/ the Full Armor version's weapons...

I still have to get the MG Unicorn OVA version. But I've recently been on a 00 series GunPla collect-a-thon... as you can see my Gundam model kit collection video I posted up on YouTube...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gj76DWGucmw

^ I even threw in some epic music in the background. I still have to get a few from the 00 series, and I'm wishing we get a MG Astraea, MG Exia R2, and MG O Gundam (Type ACD). Besides that, I'd also wish for a SD Astraea.

Then I'd only need to get MG Exia (regular), SD Exia, SD 00 Raiser, SD O Gundam, and SD Astraea (if they make it)... Then I'd say that my 00 series is complete.

Oh and I can't forget about getting the SD 00 Gundam 7 Sword + G and the MG version of that kit...

=P

Unicorn... All I'd get is the MG Unicorn OVA version, SD Unicorn, and MG Unicorn Full Armor and its SD version. I skip out on all Ver. Ka kits since they're like "designer" kits that are updated & improved with the regular MG release a bit later.

Appel 2011-08-23 10:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxnike629xx (Post 3739466)
I would say that Bandai will get rid of the transforming gimmick. Or, they might release a Unicorn Mode version...LOL...w/ the Full Armor version's weapons...

I still have to get the MG Unicorn OVA version. But I've recently been on a 00 series GunPla collect-a-thon... as you can see my Gundam model kit collection video I posted up on YouTube...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gj76DWGucmw

^ I even threw in some epic music in the background. I still have to get a few from the 00 series, and I'm wishing we get a MG Astraea, MG Exia R2, and MG O Gundam (Type ACD). Besides that, I'd also wish for a SD Astraea.

Then I'd only need to get MG Exia (regular), SD Exia, SD 00 Raiser, SD O Gundam, and SD Astraea (if they make it)... Then I'd say that my 00 series is complete.

Oh and I can't forget about getting the SD 00 Gundam 7 Sword + G and the MG version of that kit...

=P

Unicorn... All I'd get is the MG Unicorn OVA version, SD Unicorn, and MG Unicorn Full Armor and its SD version. I skip out on all Ver. Ka kits since they're like "designer" kits that are updated & improved with the regular MG release a bit later.

knowing bandai they might keep the transformation though. simply because its cheaper to just reuse old molds :P they just have to add a couple new runners (the ones for the gatlings exist already) and they have a brand new kit thats a LOT cheaper in the planing stage.

and about the OO kits you want to get, why do you want the regular MG exia?^^ you already have the ignition mode version which is exactly the same, just with chrome parts!^^ but hey, its your money ;D

and again about the kits you want, i REALLY dont see a O gundam happening in MG form. you also dont seem to like HG kits, you dont collect them at all? that way you could have an exia R2 already for example^^

what i do find strange about this image of the FA unicorn though is that it is indeed the ver.ka version and not the OVA version. which in my opinion is a sign that they will make 2 versions of this (ver.ka and OVA) and probaby wont change the transformation afterall...

suiton629 2011-08-23 10:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 3739512)
knowing bandai they might keep the transformation though. simply because its cheaper to just reuse old molds :P they just have to add a couple new runners (the ones for the gatlings exist already) and they have a brand new kit thats a LOT cheaper in the planing stage.

and about the OO kits you want to get, why do you want the regular MG exia?^^ you already have the ignition mode version which is exactly the same, just with chrome parts!^^ but hey, its your money ;D

and again about the kits you want, i REALLY dont see a O gundam happening in MG form. you also dont seem to like HG kits, you dont collect them at all? that way you could have an exia R2 already for example^^

what i do find strange about this image of the FA unicorn though is that it is indeed the ver.ka version and not the OVA version. which in my opinion is a sign that they will make 2 versions of this (ver.ka and OVA) and probaby wont change the transformation afterall...

I want the regular Exia as well because I want to make the Ignition Mode version into Exia and the other into the Repair 1...LOL

Appel 2011-08-23 10:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxnike629xx (Post 3739551)
I want the regular Exia as well because I want to make the Ignition Mode version into Exia and the other into the Repair 1...LOL

ah, makes sense^^ i dont really like the R1, im happy with my regular exia.
but what about HG kits? they are cheaper and have a bigger selection.

suiton629 2011-08-23 10:28

1/144 Gundam Exia Repair III - Hobby Magazine (Oct. Issue)
http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2011/0...iii-hobby.html

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-7vEfmsyiSk...Z6Y/s640/5.jpg

Appel 2011-08-23 11:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxnike629xx (Post 3739560)

i know about the R1 and R2 of course but where is the R3 from?

also, this is just a conversion and not an actual model^^ just thought id point that out :P

suiton629 2011-08-23 11:01

MG 1/100 GN-0000GNHW7SG 00 Gundam Seven Sword - Hobby Magazine (Oct. Issue)
http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2011/0...-seven_23.html



Aw yea~ Gotta get this, this, the SD version, and some more LED's...

Appel 2011-08-23 11:12

so the sword is going to light up with one big clear piece for light piping? neat!
im not a huge fan of their LEDs though... they flicker like crazy and so far i have only used them once after finishing each kit and after that i didnt touch them anymore XD

suiton629 2011-08-23 12:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 3739608)
so the sword is going to light up with one big clear piece for light piping? neat!
im not a huge fan of their LEDs though... they flicker like crazy and so far i have only used them once after finishing each kit and after that i didnt touch them anymore XD

But knowing you have a "complete" kit with all the LEDs...so worth it.

=)

And I have plenty... I have 9 LED's..

2x Exia Ignition Mode
1x 00 Raiser
6x i bought separately..

looks like i need a few more


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:27.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions Inc.