AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   (L) Devil Survivor 2 - Anime-Only Discussion (no game comparisons or spoilers) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=116616)

Angelic Cross 2012-12-07 05:50

Hmm, while I thought DeSu 1 had the better story, 2 probably adapts better to an episodic format. I wonder if they're going to go with the bunny girl or the butler?

shmaster 2012-12-07 05:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga (Post 4465452)
Pocky for the those who read my mind for who I expect to voice Yamato!

Wild guess: Morikawa?

com_gwp 2012-12-07 05:56

shmaster you should probably should spoiler that wakamoto comment. I'd love them to bits if they did that though. :heh:

shmaster 2012-12-07 06:04

Advise taken, I have edited out the name.

I just imagine him in the routes that he goes all hysterical like a douche when his authority was challenged, and combine that with Wakamoto acting. It'll be over the top hilarious.

Natsuki Hyuga 2012-12-07 06:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by shmaster (Post 4465465)
Wild guess: Morikawa?

Close, but that's my third choice. :D Not that I expect that he will voice anyone here honestly... (T-T)
Quote:

Originally Posted by shmaster (Post 4465456)
If this is concerned, we HAVE to get Hoshi Souichirou to voice Hibiki.

There is one more guy who Ishida voice that totally fits AO, extremely so, shmaster~ :p Not that I'm not open for Hoshi as well, Shining series memory of drolli--err, I mean, genuine interest resurfacing. But then, with Hoshi's seemingly red marked in anime industry... :(

And Wakamoto will be hammy. Awesomely hammy. :o

shmaster 2012-12-07 06:14

If not Morikawa.... Then... Seki Toshihiko?

I was thinking, it'll be hilarious too if we stuff the SEED cast in like this.....

Hibiki - Hoshi Souichirou
Daichi - Suzumura Kenichi
Yamato - Seki Toshihiko
AO - Ishida Akira

Von Himmel 2012-12-07 06:35

Quote:

Hmm, while I thought DeSu 1 had the better story, 2 probably adapts better to an episodic format. I wonder if they're going to go with the bunny girl or the butler?
Well it certainly has more enjoyable interaction between each character so episodic format like what you said might certainly be better. Reminds me in P4 in a way :heh

Quote:

Yes, that guy. Miniscule pity compared to seeing Anguished One and Yamato's anime design though!
It's not like he's actually that important though (at least for me :p) Mentioning him made me remember that I still haven't done one route yet to finish the game.. but oh well :(

Quote:

I just imagine him in the routes that he goes all hysterical like a douche when his authority was challenged, and combine that with Wakamoto acting. It'll be over the top hilarious.
I imagine him with the one who voiced... err, Frieza from DBZ. Don't ask why though :heh:

duckroll 2012-12-07 07:05

High-res stuff here: http://moca-news.net/article/20121207/201212071600a/01/

Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)

com_gwp 2012-12-07 07:15

Knowing Kishi I'm also expecting the glorious one liners from protag. "RAINBOWWW!" :D

duckroll 2012-12-07 07:18

I hope for the script of the anime they deliberately pick the most random of the dialogue choices from the game. Some of them were really funny and made the character seem like a total ass. :D

sky black swordman 2012-12-07 07:36

The guy with the white hair reminds a bit of Accelerator.
And guy with the hoodie (With rabbit ears ? :heh:) remains a bit of Setsuna.

Kimidori 2012-12-07 08:39

I knew gonna happen sooner or later.

totoum 2012-12-07 09:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by com_gwp (Post 4465451)
Must've missed it in my excitement, d'oh. Never seen the Mitsudomoe series that was primarily produced by them before

Bridge was founded by some former Sunrise Studio 6 members, though studio 6 isn't exactly the most prestigious part of sunrise.

GoldenLand 2012-12-07 09:21

I like Devil Survivor 2 a little bit better than Devil Survivor 1, so I'm happy to see this one is getting an anime, but I'm still surprised that they're adapting the second in the series. Does that mean they never intend to animate DS1? I suppose they could go back later and do it, but it would seem odd.

Kakkou 2012-12-07 09:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldenLand (Post 4465660)
I like Devil Survivor 2 a little bit better than Devil Survivor 1, so I'm happy to see this one is getting an anime, but I'm still surprised that they're adapting the second in the series. Does that mean they never intend to animate DS1? I suppose they could go back later and do it, but it would seem odd.

Not surprising since they've announced a new DeSu 2 project coming, most likely an Overclocked edition of the game, so an anime and manga adaptation to help promote it makes sense. I can only hope if this one does well they'll consider giving the first game some sort of anime treatment but it's best not to keep hopes up too high. :(

SilverSyko 2012-12-07 09:43

The Devil Survivor sub-series are probably my least favorite games in the Shin Megami Tensei franchise because can't stand grid-based tactical gameplay. The crap gets so damn frustrating I couldn't even make it more than an hour into the first game before selling it off.

This seems like a good opportunity to see the story of the second game without having to actually play it though. I'm just wondering whether or not I'll need to watch a playthrough of the first game to understand much.

And personally, I would rather have Digital Devil Saga adapted, but eh...can't have everything.

com_gwp 2012-12-07 10:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverSyko (Post 4465696)
The Devil Survivor sub-series are probably my least favorite games in the Shin Megami Tensei franchise because can't stand grid-based tactical gameplay. The crap gets so damn frustrating I couldn't even make it more than an hour into the first game before selling it off.

This seems like a good opportunity to see the story of the second game without having to actually play it though. I'm just wondering whether or not I'll need to watch a playthrough of the first game to understand much.

Shame it wasn't to your taste, I enjoyed it precisely because it was such a great fusion of the classic SMT turn based combat and SRPG elements.

And you wouldn't have to play the first game to understand the second. They are seperated, individual storylines with no connections to speak of.

SilverSyko 2012-12-07 10:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by com_gwp (Post 4465723)
Shame it wasn't to your taste, I enjoyed it precisely because it was such a great fusion of the classic SMT turn based combat and SRPG elements.

And you wouldn't have to play the first game to understand the second. They are seperated, individual storylines with no connections to speak of.

I'd like it more if it was JUST the classic turn-based elements. Seriously, grid-based SRPG stuff can go to hell. Boring and complex as fuck.

And good to know, but I may watch a playthrough anyway cause I do consider myself an SMT fan. That and from what I've heard Devil Survivor does have a really good story.

DragoonKain3 2012-12-07 13:14

Goddamit, I haven't touch DS2 yet. Maybe I'll just wait for the anime... :heh:

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverSyko (Post 4465696)
And personally, I would rather have Digital Devil Saga adapted, but eh...can't have everything.

I dunno if cannibalism would sit well for the general audience though... XD

Suzuku 2012-12-07 13:25

I wonder if AIC or A-1 is animating this?