AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

Skye629 2013-12-02 01:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED (Post 4928863)
Guys, what do you think about 1/550 Dendrobium Orchis?

Do they require extensive paint or just a few itty bits?

Because I read the reviews and each one are different...

Check Dalong

From what I saw on there it seems to require some gray paint apps, and the GP-03 is all white

firefox 2013-12-02 02:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED (Post 4928484)
I see-HOLYSHIEEEETTTT :eek:

(Just realize that it's MG Strike Freedom on the right :uhoh:)

Meanwhile, in Japan
http://s12.postimg.org/xv1adtyp9/1385908725917.jpg
Either Bearguy is understocked and Build Strike is overstocked, or Bandai is pessimistic and made too few.

Alternatively, Bearguy sold like hotcakes.

They annouced teh MG and the rebuild just after launch, lots of people are probaby waiting to see what those give. I wanted to buy 1/144 hg build strike, but when i heard the MG was comming i decided to wait.

Bearguy is quite the special model, especially in agry mode it might be really popular to display it kicking the hell out of some super gundam :)

ZeroXSEED 2013-12-02 02:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by firefox (Post 4928912)
They annouced teh MG and the rebuild just after launch, lots of people are probaby waiting to see what those give. I wanted to buy 1/144 hg build strike, but when i heard the MG was comming i decided to wait.

Bearguy is quite the special model, especially in agry mode it might be really popular to display it kicking the hell out of some super gundam :)

Most people probably buy Star Build Strike + Build Booster at this rate.

Bandai fail at marketing again, they should just sell baseline build strike for 900 yen. :3

Also, like what you said, (male) gunpla collector really like their bearguy kicking ass instead of acting cute. :heh:

helois 2013-12-02 03:59

http://hobbynotoriko.yumenogotoshi.com/RIMG029310.JPG

i like hobby no toriko funny picture( other pic on the link)

Shinobi2013 2013-12-02 06:19

I don't think it has something to do with the upcoming release of MG version, probably a restock since HG Build Strike was already released months ago, I still don't have the HG Build Strike but I'm going to buy it soon or tomorrow despite of the announcement of the MG version. Note that the HG J Ridden Zaku is also few in stocks, probably most people still buy it despite that the MG version was already released.

StratoSpear 2013-12-02 07:32

Just to express my pleasure of the 3.0's individual fingers even more, made a very quick and very crude photoshop with my in-progress kit:

Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)

ZeroXSEED 2013-12-02 07:41

DAMN IT STRATOS!

(Them hand so good, I can't believe it's in MG kit) :D

StratoSpear 2013-12-02 07:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED (Post 4929064)
DAMN IT STRATOS!

(Them hand so good, I can't believe it's in MG kit) :D

Me neither! Now I'm a believer at Bandai Gunpla magic :heh:

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2013-12-02 08:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skye629 (Post 4928861)
Dem F91's, definitely getting me a HGUC since its so cheap (or perhaps I'll save for the MG,we'll see)

I suggest you get the HG F91 Mass-produced version coz it doesn't have a MG (yet). The MG is the Harrison Madin custom with some white parts here and there.

suiton629 2013-12-02 09:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED (Post 4928914)
Most people probably buy Star Build Strike + Build Booster at this rate.

Bandai fail at marketing again, they should just sell baseline build strike for 900 yen. :3

Also, like what you said, (male) gunpla collector really like their bearguy kicking ass instead of acting cute. :heh:

Again as in before was Gundam Age?

I honestly don't think Bandai failed with marketing per say. I think the entire Gundam franchise is losing steam. They've been at it for over 30 years, and well, let's be honest... If you do something for over 30 years (same franchise), I think you would run out of good ideas quick.

I think Gundam 00 was the pinnacle of the Gundam franchise. I mean after that, Gundam Age came out and now Gundam Build Fighters.

The 2 anime series were okay, but I just didn't like how Bandai is trying to use nostalgia as a means for marketing the animes and model kits for both series.

They pissed off the Age fans by not finishing the MG line which I hope they do in 2014 since it'd only need at least 5 more MGs (Age-3 Normal, Age-3 Orbital, Age-3 Fortress, Age-FX, Age-FX Burst, Age-1 Full Gransa).

And with Gundam Build Fighters, they're mass releasing, but then again there aren't many 'leads' that would get MG releases. We're getting Build Strike Full Package, Build Gundam Mark 2, and Sengoku Astray..

So I presume we'll get the Wing Fenice since it would mostly be a recolor and few more parts added from existing MG Wing (TV). Aside from that, I think we're gonna get X Maoh (recolor and tweaking of upcoming MG X Gundam) and also the Star Build Strike Gundam. For Build Strike, I think that's enough since this is a 25 episode anime and not the full 50.

ZeroXSEED 2013-12-02 10:10

Less worse that AGE, at the moment. What I mean they have a hiccup at calculating supply and demand.

Build Strike and Star Build Strike... what's the difference again? Oh yeah backpack...

AGE model still piling up here and sold at full yen price or less. On the other hand build Strike sold out the day it arrived at the online shop.

suiton629 2013-12-02 10:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED (Post 4929193)
Less worse that AGE, at the moment. What I mean they have a hiccup at calculating supply and demand.

AGE model still piling up here and sold at full yen price or less. On the other hand build Strike sold out the day it arrived at the online shop.

Oh?

So you're admitting that (right now), in terms of GunPla sales and marketing..

Gundam Age > Gundam Build Fighter

I think that's about right based on what I've been hearing and reading about elsewhere. It's why I'm surprised that I didn't see anything Age related at this year's GunPla Expo. I was hoping to see the Age-3s and Age-FX (and the FX Burst) as well as the Age-1 Full Gransa MGs being shown, but instead we got 3 MGs from Build Fighters making people not so excited for the HGs of the Build Fighter line.

ZeroXSEED 2013-12-02 10:27

Do you fail to study math? I said less worse, that means Build Fighters >>> AGE

I am saying they PROBABLY overstocked too much Build Strike FP, instead of making tons of Star Build Strike and tons of Build Booster like they should, because face it most kids probably will buy Star Build Strike over the old FP kit.

Oh, and when it's released, I probably eat my words (because Blue wings sucks). So I apologize in advance and stand corrected.

Aurelis 2013-12-02 10:31

Blatant disregard for the UC releases.

I believe it's the calm before the storm. Episode 7 make me excited about the units coming out.

And the 1/144 Strike Gundam releases still peaks as the worse marketing sham ever. The HG was bad. The remaster was terrible. Then came the RG though they too release a base RG Strike. And they still went to release Perfect Strike using the old mold. Now there's HGCE.

ZeroXSEED 2013-12-02 10:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aurelis (Post 4929218)
And the 1/144 Strike Gundam releases still peaks as the worse marketing sham ever. The HG was bad. The remaster was terrible. Then came the RG. But they still went to release Perfect Strike using the old mold. And now there's HGCE.

I always wanted to ask

Did Build Strike completely remolded?

StrikeFreedomV2 2013-12-02 10:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED (Post 4929232)
I always wanted to ask

Did Build Strike completely remolded?

The new HGCE Strike will use the Build Steike as its base, so yes, its a new mold.

suiton629 2013-12-02 11:10

I think that whole thing with the HG Strike is Bandai giving HG Seed fans a middle finger.

HG Aile Strike --> HG Aile Strike "Remaster" (same crappy mold & new "HD" colors)

And then they do the HGCE Aile Strike which is actually a new mold that properly puts Seed in proportion.

Appel 2013-12-02 12:21

Technically it's the the second HG Strike they released. The remastered version was just a recolored version of the original afterall.
But still, people just bought the remaster Aile Strike and it hasn't been too long since they released the RG Strike and Aile pack...
I just can't put my finger on what the purpose of the new HG Strike is supposed to be other than an obvious cash-in with the Build Strike Mold :T

suiton629 2013-12-02 12:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 4929311)
Technically it's the the second HG Strike they released. The remastered version was just a recolored version of the original afterall.
But still, people just bought the remaster Aile Strike and it hasn't been too long since they released the RG Strike and Aile pack...
I just can't put my finger on what the purpose of the new HG Strike is supposed to be other than an obvious cash-in with the Build Strike Mold :T

That's probably it.
I mean can you imagine all the bad PR Bandai got with the Perfect Strike HG release when people were made aware that it was going to reuse the crap mold from the original Strike including the older Striker packs?

I hate to admit it, but the HG Seed/Destiny series is just a cluster-fail of bad PR and marketing in terms of GunPla.

If I was a HG fan of the Seed/Destiny line, I would be embarassed. And the fact that Bandai flat out released a new line under the tag, HGCE, shows that they too lost faith and is going to be redoing the entire Seed/Destiny line under the HGCE tag..

HGCE Aile Strike
HGCE Aile Strike Rouge

Those are confirmed so far. I expect to at least see the other leads at least getting HGCE re-releases (Freedom, Strike Freedom, Destiny, the 3 Impulses, Aegis, Justice, Saviour, Infinite Justice)... and probably the Stargazer, Strike Noir, Strike IWSP, and all the variations of the Astray.

You know, Seed haters have the right to be annoyed with how much attention that Bandai gives the series. I mean aside from when Build Fighter ends, what are they going to do? Since by then, the Seed Destiny HD Remaster TV series will be over.

Are they going to move on to doing like HD Remaster versions for Gundam Wing and the Endless Waltz film? Maybe they'll just scrap those aside and do the Glory of the Losers in animated form, tie that into the Endless Waltz movie, and then continue with Frozen Teardrop..

After being a Gundam and GunPla fan since pretty much the whole Toonami explosion with Wing and G, I have to say that thus far I've been very disappointed at what Sunrise and Bandai has done.

1. a lot of rehashed re-releases of GunPla
2. Gundam anime & manga being cut from US and European markets
3. spamming online exclusives in the RG, HG, MG, and PG line (way too much now)
4. 'Remastering' Seed and also Seed Destiny (mostly booby bounces and editing scenes to do stuff like Ootori Rouge and Perfect Strike)

Sorry went off on a tangent...

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is that I don't have much hope for Gundam as a franchise after Build Fighter since the only things that I possibly see Bandai and Sunrise doing..

Gundam Origins --> animated
Gundam Unicorn Episode 7 --> will be over
Gundam Wing HD Remaster --> maybe not since the BluRays are coming
Glory of the Losers-Frozen Teardrop animated --> would be huge surprise
...or another 25 episode Gundam anime designed for kids and to sell GunPla

Skye629 2013-12-02 17:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by suiton629 (Post 4929318)
I hate to admit it, but the HG Seed/Destiny series is just a cluster-fail of bad PR and marketing in terms of GunPla.

Not all of them, the Stargazer line is very nice

If I was a HG fan of the Seed/Destiny line, I would be embarassed. And the fact that Bandai flat out released a new line under the tag, HGCE, shows that they too lost faith and is going to be redoing the entire Seed/Destiny line under the HGCE tag..

No gunpla builder was ever a huge fan of the whole line.......

Not necessarily, you are making assumptions based off of two kits, both which are the same aside from colors, and mostly reused from a previous kit.

Quite a bad reference point

Those are confirmed so far. I expect to at least see the other leads at least getting HGCE re-releases (Freedom, Strike Freedom, Destiny, the 3 Impulses, Aegis, Justice, Saviour, Infinite Justice)... and probably the Stargazer, Strike Noir, Strike IWSP, and all the variations of the Astray.

At most we are going to see the leads and the kits that are extremely easy to recolor and modify (such as the Astray kits we got)

You know, Seed haters have the right to be annoyed with how much attention that Bandai gives the series. I mean aside from when Build Fighter ends, what are they going to do? Since by then, the Seed Destiny HD Remaster TV series will be over.

Are they going to move on to doing like HD Remaster versions for Gundam Wing and the Endless Waltz film? Maybe they'll just scrap those aside and do the Glory of the Losers in animated form, tie that into the Endless Waltz movie, and then continue with Frozen Teardrop..

After being a Gundam and GunPla fan since pretty much the whole Toonami explosion with Wing and G, I have to say that thus far I've been very disappointed at what Sunrise and Bandai has done.

1. a lot of rehashed re-releases of GunPla Thats rich coming from someone who demands rehased re-releases on a constant/daily basis
2. Gundam anime & manga being cut from US and European markets No shit, no profit = no business, simple as that
3. spamming online exclusives in the RG, HG, MG, and PG line (way too much now) Who cares? You buy the ones you want
4. 'Remastering' Seed and also Seed Destiny (mostly booby bounces and editing scenes to do stuff like Ootori Rouge and Perfect Strike) Nothing wrong here if it makes more money, which it does

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is that I don't have much hope for Gundam as a franchise after Build Fighter since the only things that I possibly see Bandai and Sunrise doing..

Someone needs to take an optimism pill

Gundam Origins --> animated
Gundam Unicorn Episode 7 --> will be over
Gundam Wing HD Remaster --> maybe not since the BluRays are coming
Glory of the Losers-Frozen Teardrop animated --> would be huge surprise
...or another 25 episode Gundam anime designed for kids and to sell GunPla

You are excluding tons of other options, Bandai still has tons to work with

Comments in actual quote