AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Psycho-Pass (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=127)
-   -   Psycho-Pass - Anime General Discussion (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=111343)

totoum 2012-03-30 13:11

Psycho-Pass - Anime General Discussion

New anime original coming this fall to NoitaminA

Not much is known yet,all I know is that it's one badass title and that's one badass looking gun in the PV

No staff info yet,will updated when I get more news.

MisaoFan 2012-03-30 13:19

For what I see in the PV, I think that it will be like in the following options :
- a girls with guns show à la Noir or Madlax
- a boys with guns show à la Licensed by Royalty
- a show that has The Five Killers-like plot

mochichan 2012-03-30 15:57

...mecha anime? O__O

konart 2012-03-30 16:02

Judge Dredd anime :D

Leo_Otaku 2012-03-30 19:37

Crazy people anime XD

fertygo 2012-03-31 00:44

Original anime usually make me excited.. but what if this is Guilty Crown/BRS TV all over again :uhoh:

And.. potentially, CG anime/

j0x 2012-03-31 01:44

well i bet its action and if its all in CGI im seeing the graphics of CGI movies like the recent Tekken Blood Vengeance

Cloudy 2012-03-31 09:03

I think it may be the Urobuchi Gen penned original anime which is going to be boardcasted in october according to Gen's twitter post on new year's day.

I suspected that NoitaminA would want a Gen scripted original animu to boost viewership due to his reputation of Madoka Magica's scriptwriter.

Hopefully it would not be a CGI anime.

ImagineThat 2012-04-01 03:27

I was going to say survival shooter but is that sort of stuff even popular in japan?

totoum 2012-04-01 21:56

A couple of things.

Tthe title is indeed a play on the word psychopath as a freeze frame of the trailer will show

Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)
As for who could be behind this:
Index is listed as producer for this,they're a company that have a minority share in Madhouse and have produced Madhouse shows like Oh Edo Rocket and Princess Resurection. They also own game company Atlus (Personna franchise, Catherine) and produced the Personna 4 anime.

So maybe Madhouse or Atlus are involved in this,maybe both.

duckroll 2012-04-02 06:13

Index has nothing to do with Madhouse anymore. Madhouse is a wholly owned subsidiary of NTV now since they bought all the remaining shares from Index. The previous Index Holdings completely restructured, and Atlus was absorbed into the main company. Their core business is now Atlus' game development and publishing business. All other less profitable businesses have either been sold off or scaled down substantially.

They do own a 3D/CG studio though, which seems to do mostly promos and marketing: http://www.index-am.co.jp/

Quarkboy 2012-04-02 06:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by duckroll (Post 4087278)
Index has nothing to do with Madhouse anymore. Madhouse is a wholly owned subsidiary of NTV now since they bought all the remaining shares from Index. The previous Index Holdings completely restructured, and Atlus was absorbed into the main company. Their core business is now Atlus' game development and publishing business. All other less profitable businesses have either been sold off or scaled down substantially.

They do own a 3D/CG studio though, which seems to do mostly promos and marketing: http://www.index-am.co.jp/

I think Index helped make that promo and that's it.

P.S. I may have been indirectly responsible for the show's name. I need to confirm with Fuji but I definitely recommended "Psycopass" since it was more googlable :).

totoum 2012-04-02 06:23

Well thank you both for the clarification,just saw them listed as producers so started speculating based on that :heh:
We don't have much to go on!

duckroll 2012-04-02 10:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quarkboy (Post 4087283)
I think Index helped make that promo and that's it.

P.S. I may have been indirectly responsible for the show's name. I need to confirm with Fuji but I definitely recommended "Psycopass" since it was more googlable :).

Well I think they did a bit more than that. The reason why there's an Index connection is because the domain name for the site is registered under Index, and they're hosting the server. It could just be that they're involved in the promotional aspects of it though.

MisaoFan 2012-07-31 21:09

There's still no updated news for this show, but I have heard on some rumors at 4chan that Gen Urobuchi will write the storytelling, and some key lines are shown :

- A world in it has become possible to measure and quantify the emotions and personality of people in real time.
- The world has become a desperate reality in which all emotions, desires, and social pathology are recorded and kept in order to lead the masses to "better lives."
- The numbers that have become the standards for measuring the hearts and souls of people are now commonly called "Psycho-Pass"

Even though I still thought that the gun screams CGI, I wanted it to be half-2D (characters), half-3D (everything else) in a Gonzo manner.

totoum 2012-07-31 21:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisaoFan (Post 4283978)
There's still no updated news for this show, but I have heard on some rumors at 4chan.

Have 4chan rumors ever been right about something? Because really,Urobuchi working on this just seems like wishfull thinking.

MisaoFan 2012-07-31 21:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by totoum (Post 4283996)
Have 4chan rumors ever been right about something? Because really,Urobuchi working on this just seems like wishfull thinking.

I'm not sure how those rumors are going to be officially real, but I hope Urobuchi will deliver the show with its success !

leokiko 2012-07-31 21:28

Quote:

Urobuchi teased a new television anime for this october, so he might be working on this one.

Utsuro no Hako 2012-07-31 21:35

Quote:

We know he's working on something for the fall, and of the series that haven't had their staffs announced this looks like the best candidate.

PreSage 2012-07-31 22:04

Notice the gun has a face...looks interesting though.