AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Reviews & Recommendations (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   looking for new anime to watch (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=106833)

terazax 2011-09-13 01:15

looking for new anime to watch

just finished watching shows like mahoromatic, spice and wolf, and rosario + vampire. im kinda in love with shows like these, school rumble too is one of my favorites.... anyone know of others like these that could be really fun ^-^ oh,, forgot seen
clannad
sekerei
shuffle!
negima

lol just looking for some outsiders opinions <3!

Flower 2011-09-13 01:19

Whoa ... that's a diverse selection of titles there! :heh:

Hmm ... can you go into a little more detail about some of things you liked in each of the shows you listed? Maybe if there is an obvious common factor more useful (and potentially accurate?) suggestions can be given. :)

I really liked Spice and Wolf and Clannad, for example, but thought Rosario and Vampire and the Negima anime uninteresting (not the Negima OVA's, mind you - those were good)....

terazax 2011-09-13 01:23

well i didnt like negima much but found r+v amazing! i guess im more into the romantic fields, such as these i guess since most of them have that connection. but i dont like the ones that are also too boring lol where there is no movement, maybe something like girls bravo,,, just not as perverted haha,, i guess then romantic comedy, but not like how clannad was really happy then made me cry towards the end,, even though i loved it >.<

EroKing 2011-09-13 02:14

Romance eh.

If you watched Clannad try Kanon (2006).

If you truly enjoyed Spice and Wolf try Bakemonogatari, it has tons of dialogues but one of the best romance ever made.

Toradora - best high school romance ever made imo.

Seto no Hanayome - some romance with huge doses of comedy. A must-watch series!

calorie 2011-09-13 02:25

Seeing as how those titles had romance as the common denominator, you could try something like:

Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai - slice-of-life drama, not that much romance but similar to CLANNAD in being quite emotional

Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu - you are likely to have seen this, but in case you haven't, it's a must

REC - a very good and somewhat realistic, albeit short, love story

Seconding Kanon (2006), Toradora! and Bakemonogatari.

kitten320 2011-09-13 07:38

So you mostly are interested in comedy, romance and school life? Hmmm...

Angel Beats is done by same creator as Clannad so it gives similar feeling. Not so strong in romance but good as comedy and school life.

Bakuman is a school life comedy about two biys who want to become mangaka. Has romance and humour, second season will start soon.

Chobits is not a school life but has romance and comedy, a lot of movement in the future.

Dog Days is not a school life but also has humour and some romance.

Since you like R+V then you might like Green Green since it is a harem like comedy with romance, school life and some pervetness. Has extra episode 13 which continues the story but has hentai scenes, but you can ignore them.

Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou is also a bit similar to R+V

Kaichou wa Maid-sama! is a good comedy/school romance

Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai is a unique school life/comedy/romance, do recommend it.

Kanon 2006 is from the same creator as Clannad so gives very similar feelings.

Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? is a comedy/action/school life and some romance show

Love Hina is a harem comedy/romance though manga goes in more details. Actually R+V manga is also better than anime

Toradora! is chool life/comedy/romance

Working!! is a comedy and romance, involves some crossdresing. Was real fun to watch for me, season 2 will come out soon.

Mayo Chiki! is an ongoing show right now but it is a comedy/romance and school life. Also has crossdresing but opposite to the one in Working!!, am really enjoying it so far. Has some harem implications too.

terazax 2011-09-13 11:20

Thank you all so much! you gave me a whole new list of things to watch and will start doing so asap!