AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   Ever17 -The Out of Infinity- (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=30988)

Ever17 -The Out of Infinity-

Has anyone played this game? This is an absolute masterpiece. It's by far the best bishoujo game I've ever played, and I've played a lot, including great games like DCPC, Mizuiro, Hourglass of Summer.
This game is on a league of its own though. And it's translated, which makes it a lot better for most people. From the beginning to the different routes with the 2 main characters and the final conclusion...everything was great.

As far as I know, it was really well received in Japan, and it was only behind Air, Clannad and something else. I don't know about Clannad, but personally I'd rate this above even Air.

I really recommend it to anyone who likes visual novels or just anyone who likes reading. I think this is the kind of game that most people would enjoy no matter what genres they prefer.

Hirameki translated it, and it can be bought at JastUSA...I'd tell people to give it a try. I think Hirameki have a demo at their site. The demo is nice, but once you have the game, it's like 10 times better. :p

Now that was quite a bit of raving about it, I must sound like a fanboy, but it's good stuff, for real.

No one cares? But this game really is good, best b-game I've played...definitely worth the money that was spent on it...

alpha3six 2006-04-27 19:35

My copy just came in the mail today. I'll give it a try soon, but it's very bad timing since it's finals time.

StarCreator 2006-04-27 23:50

I picked this up at TRSI during their 20% off in-stock items sale. I haven't gotten a chance to look at it yet though.

Did they fix the CD replication issue, or do you still have to download the patch from Hirameki's website?

Gotta download the patch I believe.

alpha3six 2006-04-28 00:04

They included the fixed 4th Disc with my order, though I think they said earlier that all the copies made this year should be fixed already.

relentlessflame 2006-04-28 03:13

Heh... missed this thread, but I'm also among those who've had it for a while but just haven't gotten around to it yet (also got the "fixed" 4th disc with my copy). Good to hear the high praise, though. I had also heard nothing but good things, which was my reason for picking it up (well, that and to support the company). Here's to hoping that more people actually go and buy it, though, so that Hirameki can keep bringing over more titles. Last I heard, they were still disappointed with sales, and that's just no good.

Potatochobit 2006-04-29 05:02

dont get the older series 17 games but this US release on PC is indeed great.

alpha3six 2006-05-01 01:57

Well, I know I shouldn't have seeing as how I should be studying...but I was sucked into the game and I got the good endings for You and Sara.

Definitely an excellent game, though I must say I was a bit disappointed in how Sara's plotline played out :heh:

Mm, I'd recommend you to play Takeshi's paths. I agree Sara's path was maybe not as well paced as the others, but her character is so lovely I still really enjoyed her path anyhow.

As for Takeshi's - I think both Tsugumi's route and Sora's are very interesting, I prefer Tsugumi's. But the real reason to play those is to get to the final route of the game - it's the best section of a b-game I've ever played. Coco's path is really, really that good. The buildup for that path during the other 4 routes and the resolution in it is truly magnificient.

Hirameki have a walkthrough up at their site, so if you want you could check there if you have any trouble unlocking things.

alpha3six 2006-05-04 18:18

I finished Tsugumi's ending last night. Both the dead end and the "Good" ending. I was absolutely floored by it and was in no state to write or study for finals, but luckily I was able to get by after I had slept on it.

I can't believe this game is still unknown in the US anime/gaming community. People are always clamoring for localizations of visual novels, but I guess what they're really after are big name games with anime tie-ins or eroge or both (Shuffle, etc).

Regarding Tsugumi's ending:
Spoiler:

I've got some breathing room so I'm going to play through Sora's branch next.

Yeah, it took a few days to get that off my head. >.>

I won't say absolutely anything about anything else except get through Sora's and then play Coco's, and you'll be rewarded.

Did you get Yu's and Sara's epilogues by the way? I think those might be necessary for Coco's route.

alpha3six 2006-05-04 18:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by AvatarST
Did you get Yu's and Sara's epilogues by the way? I think those might be necessary for Coco's route.

Yeah, I got both their epilogues.

Kid's routes are child's play compared to Takeshi's.

Mm...well, neither of Takeshi's is tough.

It can be tough to get in Coco's path though. You'll get a few new questions and scenes over the first 3 days, and you'll need to get every single one of those those answers right.

Oh yeah, in case you want the walkthrough:

http://www.hirameki-int.com/appc/dow...index.html#e17

There it is.

alpha3six 2006-07-03 14:35

Seems like Hirameki's having another big sale event on their site. With all the talk about piracy hurting the fledgling US visual novel market...maybe it's a good time to support a company that isn't just releasing crappy yaruge.

martino 2006-07-03 17:25

Does it really take 60 hours to play it??!!

And what rating is it, I mean are there any H-scenes(I hope not)?

Varion 2006-07-03 17:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by martino
are there any H-scenes(I hope not)?

None :) The 15+ rating is, I presume, down to the fact that some of the story may go over most people's heads. Can't answer the question about the length because I haven't read it, though not for lack of trying... *prods Hirameki and their 'won't ship outside the US' policy*

Village Idiot 2006-07-03 19:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valdra
None :) The 15+ rating is, I presume, down to the fact that some of the story may go over most people's heads. Can't answer the question about the length because I haven't read it, though not for lack of trying... *prods Hirameki and their 'won't ship outside the US' policy*

You can order Ever17 from Peach Princess, whom will ship Internationally.

And you guys have finally convinced me; Ever17 is ordered and on its way.

Good, because it's the best thing ever. >.>

The final route is, like...better than anything I've played before. I'm really glad I 100% this game and played all the way to the end.