AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

GN0010 Nosferatu 2012-01-13 20:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by duotiga (Post 3947349)

I just love daylight robbery.

duotiga 2012-01-13 20:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu (Post 3947364)
I just love daylight robbery.

well ebay doesnt mean is cheap all the time....

suiton629 2012-01-13 20:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonta Kun (Post 3947351)
If that was to be the case then truly what is the point in a R2 if it didn't come with the extras?
The very minor changes to the model would then not be worth it at all and like others said best off modding a normal Exia yourself as Bandai would def not see point to a R2.

@Exia_00 google is your friend but I know of a website in UK that deals with this stuff
http://www.glowtec.co.uk/paint-usage.htm
However I have no idea how these products work when applied to stuff like plastic models.
Also you could try the Revell Luminous paint stuff, think you can just mix in a little colour for desired colour effect but again not sure if this works as well or if at all as I'm led to believe.

All I'm looking for in the MG Exia R2...

GN Sword Kai
new armor pieces
new GN Drive cover
slot for LED unit
use the hands from the MG 00 Raiser
stiffen the joints on the legs and ankle

Bonta Kun 2012-01-13 21:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxnike629xx (Post 3947376)
All I'm looking for in the MG Exia R2...

GN Sword Kai
new armor pieces
new GN Drive cover
slot for LED unit
use the hands from the MG 00 Raiser
stiffen the joints on the legs and ankle

Ooook now I can't tell if your trolling or just rather delusional in what you think should be rather than simply what you want to be.

People have their own personal preference to what they want and may voice them from time to time but to me it seems you truly just want your own personal model of what you think it should be in which case again you really should try modded one yourslf.

And why would you comment on a R2 not costing as much as an Ignition Mode if your expecting LED unit slots to be in the R2 and please don't tell me it's simply cause you already have spare LED units.

@duotiga I could maybe see a anniversary later on, altho throwing in some R2 and R3 parts would be a nice thing, I don't quite see that happening as thats then all parts for 3 variations of the same model which would mean Bandai can simply put one massive price tag to go with it cause people would be daft enough to buy it regardless:rolleyes:

duotiga 2012-01-13 21:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonta Kun (Post 3947432)

@duotiga I could maybe see a anniversary later on, altho throwing in some R2 and R3 parts would be a nice thing, I don't quite see that happening as thats then all parts for 3 variations of the same model which would mean Bandai can simply put one massive price tag to go with it cause people would be daft enough to buy it regardless:rolleyes:

true... which (all or most of us) been reminding abt it: demand

there is NO DEMAND for R2

face it nike. Gundam is NOT ONLY 00, if not THIS IS NOT GUNDAM

suiton629 2012-01-13 22:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by duotiga (Post 3947438)
true... which (all or most of us) been reminding abt it: demand

there is NO DEMAND for R2

face it nike. Gundam is NOT ONLY 00, if not THIS IS NOT GUNDAM

...maybe not so much demand for the Exia R2 in MG here. =)

And I know that the Gundam 00 series isn't what Gundam is. I realize that. I know that there are those who are fans of UC, Cosmic Era, Wing, G, X, etc.

But I just feel that the 00 series is a bit incomplete with the MG Exia R2 since it received a High Grade and a Super Deformed version, and it's the last lead suit that was in the anime.

And we already have

Exia (and Repair 1)
00 Raiser (and 7 Sword G)
00 Qan[T]

The Exia R2 is missing in between the 00 Raiser and the 00 Qan[T].

bio9205 2012-01-13 22:54

Give it up, nike... Stop whining and spend your time better by modding the MG Exia instead.

On expensive RD kits - I was just thinking of purchasing a RD Masurao, but the prices are quite steep for my budget. :heh: Really wish that they'd be more readily available in countries outside Japan.

suiton629 2012-01-13 22:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by bio9205 (Post 3947571)
Give it up, nike... Stop whining and spend your time better by modding the MG Exia instead.

On expensive RD kits - I was just thinking of purchasing a RD Masurao, but the prices are quite steep for my budget. :heh: Really wish that they'd be more readily available in countries outside Japan.

How exactly would you customize the kit into the Repair 2 version? I've looked online and nothing. I'd rather them do a kit.

pumpkins 2012-01-13 23:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxnike629xx (Post 3947573)
How exactly would you customize the kit into the Repair 2 version? I've looked online and nothing. I'd rather them do a kit.

From what you've been repeating and from memory, I believe its only the thigh armor pieces, thrusters behind the legs, additional armor behind the lower arms, different shoulder armor and the gn sword..

Most of the changes are just to remove the gn stripes and smoothen the armor, which is way easier than building a moving mechanism. GN sword shouldnt be too difficult if you're not picky. Just paint the chrome parts green and the centre portion white and it should suffice.

And after that you'll be the proud owner of the only mg exia r2 in the whole world. Worth the trouble? :)

suiton629 2012-01-13 23:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by pumpkins (Post 3947587)
From what you've been repeating and from memory, I believe its only the thigh armor pieces, thrusters behind the legs, additional armor behind the lower arms, different shoulder armor and the gn sword..

Most of the changes are just to remove the gn stripes and smoothen the armor, which is way easier than building a moving mechanism. GN sword shouldnt be too difficult if you're not picky. Just paint the chrome parts green and the centre portion white and it should suffice.

And after that you'll be the proud owner of the only mg exia r2 in the whole world. Worth the trouble? :)

I am just going to wait and see what Bandai does. =)

Akyra 2012-01-14 01:06

Sorry Nike, from a business perspective, a company need Revenue...(in its simplest sens, it's P x Q ie. Price x Quantity). Given that the popularity for 00 is relatively low, the Q of the equation is going to be low.

Even assuming the costs will be relatively low considering it's a recycling of parts/molds and minimal redesigning, it is still a cost to a company that is not doing financially great. In such cases, the company wants to CUT costs and maximize revenue (eg. increase cost or boost quantity by making highly successful kits like FA Unicorn).

But hey, I might be wrong and they really might release a R2...but it just doesn't make sense from a business perspective at this point in time.

I dunno how to custom make kits, but I've seen some amazing work before...(I remember seeing a guy in a HK forum modding 4 kits like the Strike E, Destiny, Gouf and something else into Dynasty Warrior-like characters...

maknaedik 2012-01-14 01:31

I'll NEVER buy an MG Exia Repair II. But I'd buy an Astraea Type-F/F2 and Reborns anytime :)

suiton629 2012-01-14 10:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by maknaedik (Post 3947780)
I'll NEVER buy an MG Exia Repair II. But I'd buy an Astraea Type-F/F2 and Reborns anytime :)

.
.
.
and a MG 0 Gundam (Type ACD)..?

maknaedik 2012-01-14 10:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxnike629xx (Post 3948320)
.
.
.
and a MG 0 Gundam (Type ACD)..?

Nope, only those two. But if they made an MG Arche and MG Drei, I'll buy those two. Though I'm hoping for those two, I've accepted the fact that they'll never have an MG anytime soon

Butagami 2012-01-14 10:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by duotiga (Post 3947203)
Banshee in neon/fluorescent colour is power

http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2012/0...anshee_13.html

That's how they should make the MG. It looks so awesome.

duotiga 2012-01-14 10:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Butagami (Post 3948356)
That's how they should make the MG. It looks so awesome.

just got a feeling that they might do the same for MG , using dirty yellow for the pyscho frame as HGUC to cut cost :eyebrow:

suiton629 2012-01-14 10:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by duotiga (Post 3948360)
just got a feeling that they might do the same for MG , using dirty yellow for the pyscho frame as HGUC to cut cost :eyebrow:

They could also just do the psycho frame in clear golden yellow.

suiton629 2012-01-14 10:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by maknaedik (Post 3948338)
Nope, only those two. But if they made an MG Arche and MG Drei, I'll buy those two. Though I'm hoping for those two, I've accepted the fact that they'll never have an MG anytime soon

The way I see it, if we're gonna get more MG's from the 00 series, it'd be the MG Exia R2 first since most of it is the same as the existing MG Exia. So they'd just be adding in a plate or 2 of additional plastic.

Then, we could get the MG 0 Gundam since it's an important guy and we got an HG & SD of it.

And of course the Reborns Gundam would be after that.

But yea.. I know that we won't get any more 00 MG kits for a little bit since we still have the MG Unicorn Banshee, the AGE1 Normal, Titus, and Sparrow, Wing Zero (TV), Nataku, Heavyarms Custom...to come out or likely to come out first since the AGE, Unicorn, and Wing EW kits are the popular ones lately.

But in between those, I figure/hope we'd get at least a few more MG's from the 00 series.

The thing that did concern me was how Bandai decided to stop distribution and licensing of their stuff in the US. But I thought about it more and I figured that they'd be spending less resources on localizing their stuff in the US so that money saved could be used towards their profitable GunPla market.

Butagami 2012-01-14 12:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by maknaedik (Post 3948338)
Nope, only those two. But if they made an MG Arche and MG Drei, I'll buy those two. Though I'm hoping for those two, I've accepted the fact that they'll never have an MG anytime soon

Are you sure you're not talking about the Zwei? That was Arche's predecessor. And Yeah, that would be awesome. I'm still hoping for at least some of the other gundams (Especially ones like Dynames, Kyrios, Harute, Zabanya and Reborns)

To see a MG GN-X IV would be nice as well, if they would include all the add-ons, instead of selling them as different kits.

BTW, can someone tell me how to block posts from certain people from showing on a page? I've gotten pretty fucking sick of Nike's constant whining about an RII which I pray will never get made...

Exia_00 2012-01-14 12:52

Accepted the fact some kits might never be made, Seravee 2, and the GN-X IV in HG lol.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:56.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.