AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   (L) Tom Sawyer no Boken (Adventures of Tom Sawyer) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=60710)

Athanor 2008-01-11 13:17

Tom Sawyer no Boken (Adventures of Tom Sawyer)

Hi everyone, does any of you have an idea if Tom Sawyer no Boken (The adventures of Tom Sawyer is still licenced in the States ?

I don't see it in the list of animeondvd (here )

So would it be ok if I publish a torrent with first episode fansub ?

xris 2008-01-11 13:56

According to ANN, Adventures of Tom Sawyer is still listed as licensed. As it stands we wouldn't list it on AnimeSuki.

Since it's not exactly clear on who exactly had licensed it in the U.S. then if it can be shown that Celebrity Home Entertainment is no longer disctributing the anime then we would certainly reconsider. According to Wiki, the company filed for bankruptcy protection in 1991, but then IMDb shows they were still distributing in 1996.

Athanor 2008-01-11 14:04

So no torrent for now until someone gets by and say that they are dead for good ?

xris 2008-01-11 14:08

Looking at a couple of results google turned up, I would say we may well consider it as unlicensed after all (in my personal opinion).

xris 2008-01-11 14:59

Just noticed that the Wiki entry for Saban Entertainment does state that Saban was sold to Disney in 2001 and that Disney gained ownership of all of Saban's products and are airing many of them on T.V.

Tom Sawyer no Boken was clearly a Saban product so does this mean it's being shown on T.V. and is owned by Disney. If so, then it does confuse the license status of the series.

BTW, the thread will most likely be moved to either the Licensed or Fansubbed forum at some point.

tugatosmk 2008-01-12 19:43

Tom Sawyer no Bouken

Minor Ja Nai presents us with yet another "World Theater Masterpiece"; this time it's Tom Sawyer no Bouken.

The adaptation may not be 100% truth to the original but it's not very far, and it is done quite nicely. :)
The 1980's animation is normal, but the sceneries, the soundtrack and specially the storytelling are quite good. :)

Fortunately there are still modern fansubs that decide to sub old classics like this. :D

Don't miss it. ;)

Tiamat's Disciple 2008-01-12 20:01

Shoulda looked a bit harder mate, already a post for this

EFrules 2008-01-12 20:45

Whoaaa really? Tom Sawyer has been liscence!

This is one of my childhood favorite anime. Back in my country, we used to watch this every morning and it's really fun.

Gotta buy the dvd's when it's out....

Tiamat's Disciple 2008-01-12 21:26

i think the license has expired or lapsed, it is listed on the torrents oage (or was earlier yesterday when i dled it)

ragnarokr 2008-01-13 17:19

Thanks Athanor for bringing us this jewel, it was quite popular back in the eighties and I miss those times trying to make tree houses and do all those adventures influenced bu this show.

tyciol 2010-01-26 20:32

If this series is licensed then how come it is available here: http://www.animesuki.com/series.php/1163.html

Minor Ja Nai did the first episode.

I would personally love to see this entire series fansubbed, so many groups compete on all these new series...

Quote:

Originally Posted by xris (Post 1338195)
Saban was sold to Disney in 2001 and that Disney gained ownership of all of Saban's products and are airing many of them on T.V. Tom Sawyer no Boken was clearly a Saban product so does this mean it's being shown on T.V. and is owned by Disney. If so, then it does confuse the license status of the series.

Perhaps they gained ownership but not sure if that means they're airing it, Disney is notorious for collecting old shows they never plan to air (like those racist ones from the 50s, lol)

Bakuformer00 2015-07-06 02:00

This show got dubbed, Aired on HBO and got licensed by Saban. It's off the list when Discotek gets it.

jopeta83 2016-03-03 01:58

Please!

Please release a new fansubbed for us! We will be waiting. Thank you...