AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   One Piece (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   One Piece - Chapter 534 [Manga] (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=78718)

xris 2009-03-03 12:02

One Piece - Chapter 534 [Manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

marvelB 2009-03-03 12:09

There's a small summary available (no pics I'm afraid):

-Luffy faces off against Magellan. He uses a poison tear gas attack on Luffy. During the fight, Bon Clay runs away.....

-Buggy and Mr. 3 decide to retreat to level 3, which pretty much guarantees that they'll face off against Hannyabal.

-I think either Luffy or Magellan says he'd rather lose his two arms than lose in this fight (the translation wasn't very clear about this). Then Luffy fires a Jet Bazooka into Magellan's stomach.

Well, that's about it. Bon Clay ran away, but I'm guessing he ran off to get backup (i.e. his buddy Daz). It also looks like we've got confirmation that Magellan's a Paramecia (and he'll probably be running back to the crapper now, heh). However, I think I'm looking forward to Buggy/Mr. 3 vs. Hannyabal the most right now. :p

A more detailed summary will probably be available soon (if not, then tomorrow).....

Rainbowman 2009-03-03 12:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by marvelB (Post 2248736)
Well, that's about it. Bon Clay ran away, but I'm guessing he ran off to get backup (i.e. his buddy Daz). It also looks like we've got confirmation that Magellan's a Paramecia (and he'll probably be running back to the crapper now, heh). However, I think I'm looking forward to Buggy/Mr. 3 vs. Hannyabal the most right now. :p

If Bon Clay (Bentham) is getting backup he's probably going to release some of the prisoners. And Daz Bones would probably want to stay where he is. If Magellan is "running back to the crapper", that would give Luffy a chance to get the food from that kitchen. Of course there's a medium chance that the food is mostly for Magellan if the food happens to be the poison stuff he eats. :uhoh:

Phenomenal 2009-03-03 15:04

I pray that these are fake cause this spoiler looks week. Hopefully we will get more details soon for improvement.

Rawrz 2009-03-03 15:11

AP has a cam picture which show Luffy hitting Magellan (looks more like a pistol rather than twohanded bazooka imo) sounds interesting.Luffy is probably poisoned and will require cure/antidote (As the former poisoned prisoner asked for it, there might be some cure to this poison devil fruit) maybe BonChan rushed to find one since there is no way they can take on Magellan without getting poisoned?

marvelB 2009-03-03 15:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rawrz (Post 2249004)
AP has a cam picture which show Luffy hitting Magellan (looks more like a pistol rather than twohanded bazooka imo) sounds interesting.

That picture was fake, unfortunately.

Anyways, the spoiler was most certainly confirmed to be legit. Like I said before, I'm really looking forward to Buggy and Mr. 3 vs. Hannyabal. I know the vice-warden mentioned before that he would let Luffy run wild so Magellan would get in trouble and lose his job, but the way I see it, if he wants to prove that he's the better warden would mean that he'll have to teach those pesky prison escapees a harsh lesson.....

Of course, he'll eventually get his ass kicked anyway, but I'd find it highly amusing if he really does end up getting Magellan's position after this storyline's done with. :p

Blackbeard D. Kuma 2009-03-03 19:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by marvelB (Post 2249038)
Like I said before, I'm really looking forward to Buggy and Mr. 3 vs. Hannyabal. I know the vice-warden mentioned before that he would let Luffy run wild so Magellan would get in trouble and lose his job, but the way I see it, if he wants to prove that he's the better warden would mean that he'll have to teach those pesky prison escapees a harsh lesson.....

With that being said, I really hope Hannyabal doesn't end up being a jobber. He's too good of a character for that to happen.

Master Mold 2009-03-03 21:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma (Post 2249482)
With that being said, I really hope Hannyabal doesn't end up being a jobber. He's too good of a character for that to happen.

Word, But I think he will throw the fight, just so he can use this as a steping stone to get that Boss title of Impel down.

Phenomenal 2009-03-03 23:40

Have these spoilers ever been confirmed MarvelB?

Freya 2009-03-04 01:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Phenomenol (Post 2250021)
Have these spoilers ever been confirmed MarvelB?

Yo agreed. That spoiler was pretty weak.

aohige 2009-03-04 03:09

Scan and translations at the usual place.

Waiting to see if Himajin drops off a longer summary for me to translate...

Master Mold 2009-03-04 04:24

Yo aohige, you the man.

FoxxFireArt 2009-03-04 05:03

Now that I think about it, didn't White Beard put Merman Island under his protection after it had been attacked by countless pirates crossing through.
I'm trying to remember what chapter of One Piece that they talked about that.
I believe it's Ch. 529. Jimbei is talking about that with Ace.
That explains why he refused to help the World Government on this missions after working with them for so long.

Jimbei does also wish to get out of Impel Down. He says as much in Ch.529 pg.5 Jimbei wants to prevent a war. He seems to believe that taking WhiteBeard down would just cause mass chaos throughout the Grand Line. Including his protection of Merman Island.

I have noticed two things after going back through and reading the chapters from Luffy's break in to the current chapter.
One is the name of the only other person who escaped from Impel Down. Kinjishi the Flying Pirate, Golden Lion. That's the name of the guy who is talked about in the next One Piece movie.
Seems pretty obvious that he escaped by flying somehow. Seeing how he was called the Flying Pirate.

Also I noticed that there seems to be quite a few former Baroque Works members that are heading to the very floor that Crocodile is being kept. Odds seem good that Dos Bones will join this merry bad. Luffy seems to acquire help from people as he goes down on each level. I wonder what will happen when they come across Crocodile?
I'm not concerned about Bon Clay. He seems more likely to be loyal to Luffy. Mr. 3 seems doubtful to help him. Seeing how Crocodile tried to kill him once before, but he's weaselly enough to do something if he sees it's in his better interest. It's Das Bones who I think might help him.

kayote 2009-03-04 06:03

well i doubt that Hannyabal would just let those guys go. i think he is going to be a real badass. even though he may say about letting them go, i doubt taht he would do it without a little battle.

marvelB 2009-03-04 12:02

Well, the pics most certainly do confirm that the earlier summary was legit. There's also a full script out, but it hasn't been translated yet....

Heh, I like Magellan is literally surfing in his own poison. Also, I know that from the dialogue it would seem that Bon Clay is abandoning Luffy, but I still have a feeling that he'll return with backup in the end. Besides, Luffy's gonna need it, since he willingly let himself get poisoned to attack the warden.....

Of course, another possible scenario would be if Luffy actually succumbs to the poison during his fight with Magellan, gets knocked out, then gets dragged off to level 5. Meanwhile, Bon Clay will probably force Mr. 3, Buggy and whoever else joins up with them (whether it's Daz or somebody else) to help him find an antidote for Luffy while they fight against Hannyabal, Sadi and the guardians. Should make for an interesting scenario, no? ;)

Blackbeard D. Kuma 2009-03-04 13:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by marvelB (Post 2251148)
Heh, I like Magellan is literally surfing in his own poison. Also, I know that from the dialogue it would seem that Bon Clay is abandoning Luffy, but I still have a feeling that he'll return with backup in the end. Besides, Luffy's gonna need it, since he willingly let himself get poisoned to attack the warden....

Ah..Vintage Luffy. When will he learn to think before he acts? He never learns from his mistakes does he? He better not try those stunts in the New World, for there will be hell to pay if he does.

Wolcik 2009-03-04 14:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma (Post 2251292)
Ah..Vintage Luffy. When will he learn to think before he acts? He never learns from his mistakes does he? He better not try those stunts in the New World, for there will be hell to pay if he does.

But... that's Luffy? You want him to become somebody else here - and that would ruing our show, wouldn't it?

Blackbeard D. Kuma 2009-03-04 15:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolcik (Post 2251463)
But... that's Luffy? You want him to become somebody else here - and that would ruing our show, wouldn't it?

I knew that someone was going to bring up this point. Yes, that is a part of Luffy's character, being reckless that is. I'm just saying that he should think a little bit about the repercussions of his actions sometimes, otherwise we're just getting the same story with him again and again. It almost feels as if there is no character development with him sometimes.

Phenomenal 2009-03-04 15:37

My God, crap don't go down until the end of the chapter. What is the deal with all this running and playing tag? And here I thought One Piece chapter two weeks ago was a set up chapter...But low and behold here's another one. Pretty weak.

Thanks for the spoilers yall, gone.

Wolcik 2009-03-04 15:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma (Post 2251475)
I knew that someone was going to bring up this point. Yes, that is a part of Luffy's character, being reckless that is. I'm just saying that he should think a little bit about the repercussions of his actions sometimes, otherwise we're just getting the same story with him again and again. It almost feels as if there is no character development with him sometimes.

Could you point to me exaples of character development in One Piece? Cause except for crew members who didn't want to join (or something like that) started loving their nakama, I don't see much ^^'