AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

subaruhess 2007-06-15 21:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by mangatron (Post 995121)
Aha, I knew that 1% didn't fail me. Now I officially hate the chara designer, thanks for all the nightmares Mr. Yaoi artist :heh::heh:

I just knew, knowing the chara designer, I just knew somehow that wasn't a girl....:heh:

Not trying to be anti-social but there is already gundam 00 thread for that kind of discussion.

Back on topic, what scale are these new gundam 00 models? Theres no hint or anything as to what grade they are either. To me they look like 1/100's manipulators & detail are not like HG models.

Image source link: http://www.famitsu.com/anime/news/20...73434,0,0.html

duotiga 2007-06-15 22:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by subaruhess (Post 996131)
Not be anti-social but there is already gundam 00 thread for that kind of discussion.

Back on topic, what scale are these new gundam 00 models? Theres no hint or anything as to what grade they are either. To me they look like 1/100's manipulators & detail are not like HG models.

Image source link: http://www.famitsu.com/anime/news/20...73434,0,0.html

according to Gunota

Gundam 00 will also invade major product lines as well, including MSiA (Gundam Exia, price & date not shown), the apparently new 00 Region line (Exia, price & date also not shown), and HCM-Pro with the Gundam Exia (September, 2,300 yen) and Gundam Dynames (October, 2,300 yen).

i hope that will answer your question ;)

WaytoDawn 2007-06-16 01:45

ok, after further observations, I can sorta c two beam sabers on Gundam Dynames. Can you guys c it? (hint hint...it is also somewhere unexpected)

mangatron 2007-06-16 02:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by subaruhess (Post 996131)
Not be anti-social but there is already gundam 00 thread for that kind of discussion.

Not to be a sarcastic jerk, but already been there done that.

Now thinking about the latest technology available to creating a MG model, I do see it possible to MG'ize one of these Gundam00's. Of course, the thought of Kit bashing a Gundam Virtue crossed my mind already, which would get some help from those HG 1/144 Hazel's. I also have wondered about the immense lack of mobility the Virtue can have in regards to it's feet :heh:

Ah, but hey, the Zaku got a Ver 2.0 fix to it's feet, so it could be possible...but with this new line of Gundam, it's probably safe to say the only way one can have the GS druggie Gundam's is to make it yourself :heh:

duotiga 2007-06-16 03:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by WaytoDawn (Post 996342)
ok, after further observations, I can sorta c two beam sabers on Gundam Dynames. Can you guys c it? (hint hint...it is also somewhere unexpected)

yea i saw it too but have to wait for further information given....if really got that wld be good:D

subaruhess 2007-06-16 07:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by duotiga (Post 996153)
according to Gunota

Gundam 00 will also invade major product lines as well, including MSiA (Gundam Exia, price & date not shown), the apparently new 00 Region line (Exia, price & date also not shown), and HCM-Pro with the Gundam Exia (September, 2,300 yen) and Gundam Dynames (October, 2,300 yen).

i hope that will answer your question ;)

I already looked at gunota but the models in the photo report are what I'm curious about, they look like model kits but theres no scale or grade.

duotiga 2007-06-16 07:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by subaruhess (Post 996582)
I already looked at gunota but the models in the photo report are what I'm curious about, they look like model kits but theres no scale or grade.

well...let's hope for more news then shall we?:D

philmein 2007-06-16 22:40

Hmm..

should I get the Strike+IWSP model or the Strike Noir model? Any recommendations?

Why did Strike Noir get such a low rating on Dalong's site?

Thanks in advance.

mangatron 2007-06-17 02:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by philmein (Post 997404)
Hmm..

should I get the Strike+IWSP model or the Strike Noir model? Any recommendations?

Why did Strike Noir get such a low rating on Dalong's site?

Thanks in advance.

From what I gather the Strike Noir got a low rating because although it is new, it has basically the same kind of inner frame the other Strikes have, unlike the MG Strike Freedom. Also due to that, if you're a really big fan of Strike Noir that may be the only reason to get it; because of being a fan. Although, the Strike Noir wins with it's backpack, an amazing piece that is.

I hear the Strike IWSP is better in regards to more bang for your buck. But, all goes down to which Strike you like. Hope that helps.

Meehlimo 2007-06-17 13:53

If ur lookin for flashy lota weapons go with the IWSP if ur lookin for a model that just looks bad ass when its done u want the Noir. believe it or not same frame or not the noirs stability imo is far greater than that of any of the other strike varients probably becuz of the lighter backback the iwsp is a damn 2 ton weight
so to pose in a cool way u need to use its stand. if u have any technical questions just ask i know the models liek the back of my hand xD

philmein 2007-06-17 15:32

Thanks guys.

I did check out Plastic Frog's translation with Dalong's review, and the problems aren't that big of a deal. I've never owned a "Strike" gundam, so the fact that the same inner frame is use doesn't concern me. But the price is a bit hefty.

srb 2007-06-19 21:13

Just do the basic "is the pure awesomeness it radiates worth X amount of cash?" equation.

Find X, then decide on your purchase.

Good luck!

M_Flores 2007-06-19 23:37

I'd go Noir over the IWSP.
I've said it many times before, I loved the Strike Gundam design because it looked primitive and basic. In my opinion, that was the beauty of Strike because it really had that 'my first Gundam' magic to it.

Noir to me was like, a BMF'ed version of Strike, which was more slick, stylish, weapons are proportioned and not over the place, nothing overkill, but has enough to do its job right.

However, the IWSP, its like it can't decide if it wants to retain the same 'basicness' of Strike or be an omgwtf spammer overkiller. It's just in between and I think its very awkward of a Strike Gundam.
As a personal preference, I'd go Noir because of it's uniqueness, as opposed to IWSP's neither here, nor there kind of look.
But this is just my personal opinion.

Apparently Noir comes with no stand though, if that's true, then that's kinda lame, but Action Base can solve your posing issues.

Fome 2007-06-20 01:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by M_Flores (Post 1002283)
I'd go Noir over the IWSP.
I've said it many times before, I loved the Strike Gundam design because it looked primitive and basic. In my opinion, that was the beauty of Strike because it really had that 'my first Gundam' magic to it.

Noir to me was like, a BMF'ed version of Strike, which was more slick, stylish, weapons are proportioned and not over the place, nothing overkill, but has enough to do its job right.

However, the IWSP, its like it can't decide if it wants to retain the same 'basicness' of Strike or be an omgwtf spammer overkiller. It's just in between and I think its very awkward of a Strike Gundam.
As a personal preference, I'd go Noir because of it's uniqueness, as opposed to IWSP's neither here, nor there kind of look.
But this is just my personal opinion.

Apparently Noir comes with no stand though, if that's true, then that's kinda lame, but Action Base can solve your posing issues.

Wow, you've expressed my very thoughts too. I've always thought that the Strike Gundam had that RX-78 feel, but made more modern. I agree with everything you said about the IWSP and Noir.

Meehlimo 2007-06-20 02:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fome (Post 1002406)
Wow, you've expressed my very thoughts too. I've always thought that the Strike Gundam had that RX-78 feel, but made more modern. I agree with everything you said about the IWSP and Noir.

i tried to say that but guess i didnt get my point across to well:(

philmein 2007-06-20 07:22

^hahah
Your point came through, man. I'm just glad for more opinions.
Looks like I well buy the Noir when I DO have the money.

M_Flores 2007-06-20 09:39

You said you've never owned a Strike Gundam before, right?
Well, if you ask me, go for Aile Strike Gundam, Master Grade. Not only do you get the original beauty of Strike Gundam but you also get this really tuff looking stand. As dalong kinda indicated, Noir is better suited for Noir fans, but if you want a Strike, go for THE Strike. Again, just my opinion. I'd rather get that than IWSP or Noir.

duotiga 2007-06-20 18:14

MG Char's Gelgoog Ver. 2.0 pics

A few promo pics are up at Happinet Online.

Frm Gunota

philmein 2007-06-20 20:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by M_Flores (Post 1002856)
You said you've never owned a Strike Gundam before, right?
Well, if you ask me, go for Aile Strike Gundam, Master Grade. Not only do you get the original beauty of Strike Gundam but you also get this really tuff looking stand. As dalong kinda indicated, Noir is better suited for Noir fans, but if you want a Strike, go for THE Strike. Again, just my opinion. I'd rather get that than IWSP or Noir.

Thanks for the recommedation, but I'm going to stick with the Noir because I do think it looks incredibly badass, and in particular, I am somewhat of a fan of it.

thephreak 2007-06-20 20:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by duotiga (Post 1003533)
MG Char's Gelgoog Ver. 2.0 pics

A few promo pics are up at Happinet Online.

Frm Gunota

never liked the gelgoog and this one doesn't look like it will change my mind. char's zaku 2.0 was great though...