AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

DarkWarrior 2006-11-17 20:29

Wow, I can't wait until I get my hands on it.. it simply looks amazing. Only about a month left I guess.

M_Flores 2006-11-17 21:01

i cant believe it actually looks better than the core works version. i dunno, there's just something that this one has that the core works one doesnt, mind you, the core works one is prolly one of the best conversions i've seen.

Tak 2006-11-17 21:04

Although I absolutely detest default colors, I must say that MG Freedom was painted with skill and attention. Good job.

- Tak

saturn54 2006-11-18 00:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by nightbringer360 (Post 742530)
White Gundams are done all the time. I say try for a radical colour scheme no-one would think of - say Strike Violet? ;)

thank for the suggestion....stike violet????

Quote:

Originally Posted by M_Flores (Post 742619)
Black/evil colour schemes are also done frequently.

Well, any colour you like anyway. Try 'personalizing' your model a bit more - as in, what colour would you take it if you were to pilot the thing yourself? What colour represents you?

well, im looking to be in darker theme (black,grey)...but having in white n black also can be nice (to me)

this i post some pic on my noir (still under construction n for choices of colour

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l2...4/DSCN2158.jpg

another angle

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l2...4/DSCN2159.jpg

the red circle is where i tried using white color, while in the blue circle is the original colour..any suggestion which one is better??:)

M_Flores 2006-11-18 01:12

It looks good so far. I myself personally like the white (although ask others for opinion as well) that you did, although it doesnt look drastically different from the original colour.
Perhaps add a third colour?

Anyways, the reason why I'm not too keen on Black Gundam are that to me, Black is a stealth colour (in general) and suits more stealthy kind of Gundams like Blitz or DS-Hell, etc. Compared to this, Red/Crimson/Scarlet Gundams remind me of more close-combat theme than ever (Sword Impulse, Sword Calamity, Aegis, Epyon, Justice, etc. although with the except of some - which is why I always prefered Saviour in a different colour).

I'd suggest to try a Strike Gold, but then we have Akatsuki.

wavehawk 2006-11-18 01:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Akyra (Post 736411)
Australia inflates gundams to at least 1.5x the normal price!

(Nods agreement)The only thing I'm glad of is that unlike my old job in the Philippines, I can actually afford GunPla now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by M_Flores
I couldn't understand why they couldn't use the gold from Akatsuki or Hyaku Shiki

Quote:

Originally Posted by MakubeX2
Willing to pay another 1500 yen for chroming ?

Just look at the pricing for the 1/144 HG Akatsuki and 1/100 Gold Frame Amatu and compare them to their counterparts.
For example, the Master Grade Hyaku Shiki with Ballute Pack costs the same as the original MG Hyaku Shiki because the Ballute Pack version comes in plain yellow colors. When you think of it, that means the Ballute parts are pretty much the same cost as the Gold-metal plating.

The problem is because only certain parts of the kit require gold-plating--the joints. That's too few parts to retool for plating, and since these are joints I think that the plating will actually wear out the metallic look.

It's not you--the question is if there are enough buyers out there for Bandai to justify gold-plating it (The SF) at all--unless they release a metallic edition like the MG Freedom limited version.

Personally, I'd prefer no metallic colors at all, but that's because I paint my kits. I like putting effort into building kits. If you don't like modelmaking, you shouldn't be buying Gundam models. Stick to your action figures. No effort and they look good. If you buy a Gundam model and don't bother to do anything to make them look better, dump it in the garbage bin because you're wasting money.

Second, wait a few years--your Gold-plated kits will eventually suck. ESPECIALLY if you live somewhere sunny (or anywhere that sunlight strikes your kit on a regular basis). Mark my words.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Siege
I like the cocept colour scheme it does look really nice the one thing i dont like is the OMNI symbol i no it's a concept i'm slightly offended that the model maker believed the Alliance could build something that didn't look like a strike derivitive

Well, that's why you should LEARN TO READ, bouya:

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkWarrior
I'm not sure what your point is, but you do realize that Proto-Saviour is a ZAFT built mobile suit that was stolen by the EA right?

Siege, a modeller has EVERY FUCKING RIGHT to build a model kit the way he wants it. You can give criticism, sure. But if I want to put an insignia of a real-life Air Squadron on my Gundam kit, you have no right to tell me I'm wrong just because it doesn't appear in the goddamn cartoon. I'm sorry if this sounds like I'm pissing you off, but I've always had fun customizing my gundam kits to look a bit different. I mean, I -WANT- to put a "US MARINES" tag on a Gundam MK-II or a US Army Airborne patch on a Zaku Warrior. It's something I like doing, and I won't stand for a half-baked fanboy opinion telling a modeller that his hours of hard work aren't worth crap just because you take offence at one single goddamn fucking sticker.

If you have to be a purist, fine. buy your model and customize it the way you want to. Unlike real-world military models, Gundam model kits aren't real-world machines, and even if they were, you can't criticize someone for being inaccurate just because he wants to take some artistic liberty with his models.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tritoch
now that is pretty. Crossbone Ver.Ka

I'm working on this beast right now. Still a bit pissed that I can't afford a digital cam, otherwise I'd be showing off my F91 already.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Akyra
And the Crossbone...why is it so cheap compared to other MGs?

- The (original Color) F91 and Crossbone are both 15.8m tall in their respective series--that's 15.8cm in model form. They're smaller than the average MG (18m-22m, or 18-22cm in MG form). The F91 is still expensive due to the Lafressia MA stand that comes with it.

The Crossbone uses some parts from the F91, so there's less costs for development (the arms and part of the legs/feet are the same parts as the F91), and since it's just the Gundam itself, that's a fair bit less as well. And it's good, since IMHO the Crossbone's internal leg frames are more studry than the F91's.

Likewise, the Harrison Version F91 should be cheaper than the Original Color F91--it's essentially the same kit, recolored, with slightly different arms, but no Lafressia stand.

Quote:

Originally Posted by M_Flores
Anyways, the reason why I'm not too keen on Black Gundam are that to me, Black is a stealth colour (in general) and suits more stealthy kind of Gundams like Blitz or DS-Hell, etc.

The Gundam MK-II is technically dark blue, but I don't think it's that bad a color scheme--if done right. And the problem is that most Gundams are usually done in a white or off-white color scheme. BTW: I painted my Strike Noir with Gun Metal instead of Black,I think it's rather cool--but then again, Ialso used Titanium Gold and ChromeSilver for the yellow and grey effects.

M_Flores 2006-11-18 04:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by wavehawk (Post 743504)
BTW: I painted my Strike Noir with Gun Metal instead of Black,I think it's rather cool--but then again, Ialso used Titanium Gold and ChromeSilver for the yellow and grey effects.

I guess it really does suck not to have a digital cam.

kct 2006-11-18 09:11

More than suck. By the way, is the MG Strike IWSP a good idea? (Although I wanted the Zeta Plus C1, so it is a toss between the 2)

I finally got the cash (and the green light) to buy a Gundam kit now >.> .

duotiga 2006-11-18 09:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by kct (Post 743682)
More than suck. By the way, is the MG Strike IWSP a good idea? (Although I wanted the Zeta Plus C1, so it is a toss between the 2)

I finally got the cash (and the green light) to buy a Gundam kit now >.> .

the Grand Slam is a plus for me:D

kct 2006-11-18 10:19

But the BSG is an awesome gun >.> .

SNT1 2006-11-18 14:41

I'd stick to Z+ C1. I'm a bit more biased for UC, but still, IWSP is just ugly, while the Z+ is sleek secks.

kct 2006-11-18 20:03

Needs animated Z+ >.> . The reason the MG IWSP is awesome is because it is not piloted by Kira (it was said that Sven piloted the IWSP before going Noir).

Problem is that the only C1 around the area is more expensive than a V2 Zeta by about 5 bucks.

M_Flores 2006-11-18 20:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by kct (Post 744129)
The reason the MG IWSP is awesome is because it is not piloted by Kira

lol... how does that make a kit awesome?

tritoch 2006-11-18 20:25

http://jonaspelayo.googlepages.com/1163707362836.jpg

Tyrant Sword.. ftw?
http://jonaspelayo.googlepages.com/1163660270921.gif
Dijeh-resin kit costs 130 bucks >,>
http://jonaspelayo.googlepages.com/1163796338313.jpg

my faves in here

SNT1 2006-11-18 20:39

Quote:

Problem is that the only C1 around the area is more expensive than a V2 Zeta by about 5 bucks.
the MSRP:
Z+C1 = 3000yen
Strike IWSP= 4200 yen
Zeta2.0 = 5000 yen

what a messed up store you have :heh:

kct 2006-11-18 21:31

Dude. I posted the Zetas (except the ZII) in 4chan >.> .

And now my tripcode is blown >.> .

tritoch 2006-11-18 21:34

heh.. I was bored and none of them are hotlinked to 4chan. :)

kct 2006-11-18 21:42

I know, please post more at that thread or something >.> .

By the way, is the Z+ any good? Dalong's pics of the Z+ C1 is scaring me for some reason.

SNT1 2006-11-19 00:57

well, it has extremely minor problems, (like 2 halves that need to be puttied/masked <.< thas not even a problem for most modelers). Also, dont expect it to have the leg poseability of todays' MG, I mean its 5 years old.... but all in all its a great kit, very sturdy. I'm working on one right now.

Akyra 2006-11-19 09:03

wooo...i'd buy those Zetas...if Bandai ever makes them. Out of all the gundams, my favourite is definitely the zeta.