AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Naruto/Boruto (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   [Manga] Naruto Chapter 616 Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=117363)

Hunter 2013-01-16 06:55

[Manga] Naruto Chapter 616 Discussion Thread

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread. This thread is created early to discuss spoilers and speculation about the upcoming chapter as well as discussion of said chapter once it has been released.

As per the forums rules, please don't ask for or mention about where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc. Additionally, if you are posting someone else's synopsis (or their translation of a synopsis), then please provide credit were credit is due.

Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This stands for pictures and direct translations. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK as well if you want to illustrate your point but this is it.

Happy end of the year. Spoilers have been released for the last chapter of the year. Only one image has been released so far, but the full spoilers will be released soon enough.

Eragon 2013-01-16 06:59

For the umpteenth time Tobi makes himself look like a brainless(which is probably true) deluded idiot. Why, Oh Why, does he have to open his mouth ? Please give me the loony tobi from before - at least he looked and acted the part.

Naruto's statement at the end sounded like words of wisdom from a sage compared to the trash Tobi spouted.

The plan was good. Expected nothing less from Shikamaru's dad. Madara doesn't seem bothered in the least by anything that the Alliance or Naruto does.

Casshern 2013-01-16 07:24

Help...drowning...in...cheese...can't...breathe!

Om Nerabdator 2013-01-16 07:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Casshern (Post 4514952)
Help...drowning...in...cheese...can't...breathe!

lol, yeah it was pretty bad....

HasuMasu 2013-01-16 07:41

I kinda wish they'd stayed with Sasuke. :heh:

Oh, and did Shikaku just mention his stash of Jiraiya's books in his dying speech? :eyespin:

~Yami~ 2013-01-16 07:50

Naruto is sharing Kurama's chakra like a boss....

He should keep enough chakra to get into Kurama mode again....
relying on your friends too much will give boredom to me...

hehehe

notes : what the hell is Sasuke doing in first two pages?

gibits 2013-01-16 07:54

The old capturing combo.... What is the point? It's not like they can hold the Juubi for that long, and even if they could do they have a way to deal it signifigant damage? It doesn't seem like it was much affected by B's attack at all.

At least we got some closure from Shinkamaru and Ino's parents.

IMO team Taka will save the day with their super secret method of dealing with the Edo Tensei.

Randrak42 2013-01-16 08:34

This chapter was a lactose intolerant's worst nightmare.

Luminion Lancer 2013-01-16 08:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by gibits (Post 4514976)
The old capturing combo.... What is the point? It's not like they can hold the Juubi for that long, and even if they could do they have a way to deal it signifigant damage? It doesn't seem like it was much affected by B's attack at all.

Well, the Ino-Shika-Cho combination is only supposed to be the 1st part according to Shikaku's plan. The attack portion is likely coming next. This plan being forged by the ever-tactical head of the Nara clan, we can likely expect a multi-step countermeasures. Doesn't change the fact the delivery method presented is so cheesy. Naruto is like a belated Santa Claus; delivering chakra presents to every good little shinobi in the Alliance.

Kizoku Keenan 2013-01-16 08:35

first new chapter of 2013 was very.....anti climatic, real let down. I didn't even understand what happened in that chapter besides naruto giving people the kyuubis' power and then some more "I wont let me friends die" talk at the end....borrrrinnnnggg.

TimeMask 2013-01-16 08:51

Naruto can now power up multiple people which means in future battles he'll be able to make weaker ninja strong enough to help him fight. However I imagine in the future this power won't be used enough unless Kishi wants Naruto to always be helped by other ninja.

I finished my review of this chapter very quickly on my site, I'm getting faster at doing it.

haegar 2013-01-16 09:10

powering up Hinata was kinda cute but I got a bit repetative after that... Think the brunt of the attack is coming next chap and prly it will be a tad better than Madara gives them credit for but it won't do much in the end I guess ...

ronin myael 2013-01-16 09:17

why did kishi even bother to put sasuke in the chapter when he barely did anything except look emo? oh wait, kishi did that quite a few times already! :heh: i want to say something more about this chapter but i don't have the energy to do so, not to mention there is really nothing else to say.

gibits 2013-01-16 09:23

I think it will all be for naught. I think the Matrix no jutsu will happen because it is a stable of action serieses. Heros try to prevent something really bad from happening but it happens anyway, then the heroes beat that worst case situation via some kind of Deus ex Machina and gumption.

Oldest trope in the book.

ImperialFlameGod8190 2013-01-16 09:33

this was really bad honestly naruto's gone to almost complete crap at this point hopefully FT makes up for it

james0246 2013-01-16 09:34

LOL, Sakura appeared on an interesting colour page...

b1gdawg 2013-01-16 09:36

this is pretty irrelevant to the chapter, but seeing Oro and Sasuke made me wonder what that scroll Suigetsu and Jugo found was. It's a bit random, but I have a theory.

I think that the scroll/jutsu is to reverse/remove the Shiki Fujin, the reaper death seal that Minato and Sarutobi used. Sarutobi sealed Hashirama and Tobirama and himself along with Oro's arms (last one probably won't be significant). And Minato used it to seal himself AND half of the Kyuubi's chakra i think (I'm not sure if Kushina was sealed too). So imagine if the reaper death seal was removed, Oro could then summon Minato/Sarutobi and restore the Kyuubi's chakra.

Idk if he would be able to summon Hashirama and Tobirama because I read somewhere that you can't revive the same person twice.

azenable 2013-01-16 09:47

I would say Sasuke actually play a role to illustrate Naruto current power.
Its like when Goku first turn SSJ 3 and Gohan can feel it all the way in Kaio shin world
So Sasuke and group felt his qi..no charka all the way in Leaf Village.

and then the reversed Genki Dama...

Justice Knight 2013-01-16 10:26

Konoha is Sasuke and Oro's playground ,the village seems empty and they can wander around like a boss.

Casshern 2013-01-16 10:40

They could even run around naked and nobody would ever know...