AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Code Geass (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Code Geass - Q & A (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=38146)

xris 2006-10-31 14:10

Code Geass - Q & A

This thread is for those with questions about the Code Geass anime or manga. Please keep discussion about episodes in the relevant threads, the purpose of this thread is to ask questions that can actually be answered as facts from the anime or manga.

Make sure you use spoiler tags if your question is about the anime or manga (or any non-anime source). Untagged spoilers are risking a ban. If you don't know how to use a spoiler tag, please read this FAQ.

Spoiler Tag Example
[spoiler=title]Don't forget to use a title for the spoiler![/spoiler]
...becomes...
Spoiler for title:

xris 2006-10-31 14:12

Mahou’s Showtime Page | Fall Anime Schedule (credit: Kaoru Chujo) | Date&Time.com (time conversion)

Q. When does Code Geass air?
A. Fridays at 1:25 AM (Japan time). Sometimes listed as Thursday 25:25

Click on the "Date&Time.com" link above to convert to your time-zone.

Q. How many episodes will Code Geass run for?
A. 25 (based on DVD count)

Links
ANN, AniDB, AnimeNfo, Wiki, Official Site

First episode broadcast on Friday 6th October 2006 on MBS.

Sonhex 2006-10-31 14:16

I posted this in the generic thread, but it may be better placed here:

I'm wondering if C.C (シーツー) should be pronounced 'see see' or 'see two'. Anyone know for sure? Given that we have not heard name pronounced in the show yet (unless I've missed it?).

Renegade334 2006-10-31 14:36

According to Wikipedia (I've also participated in editing the profile page, along with Li), C.C.'s name is 'pronounced as C-2'.

Wherever this comes from is unknown to me as it is likely it originated from the Newtype scans - and I can't verify, confirm or deny this claim. Someone who can read kanji and has the scans could maybe tell. Anyway, we'll probably know by Friday (Thursday for me) since we're going to have a quite interesting and possibly informative episode.

Li Jianliang 2006-10-31 23:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonhex (Post 725259)
I'm wondering if C.C (シーツー) should be pronounced 'see see' or 'see two'. Anyone know for sure? Given that we have not heard name pronounced in the show yet (unless I've missed it?).

See here in the preview special that aired before the series: http://atashi.animeblogger.net/wp-co...geass00_16.jpg
C.C. is pronounced as 'C-2'.

lana3007 2006-10-31 23:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Li Jianliang (Post 725748)
See here in the preview special that aired before the series: http://atashi.animeblogger.net/wp-co...geass00_16.jpg
C.C. is pronounced as 'C-2'.

Actually, the katakan written under her name reads "Shitsu." But how you get Shitsu out of CC is beyond me ... Sooner or later someone in the anime has got to say her name outloud ... right?

Li Jianliang 2006-10-31 23:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by lana3007 (Post 725751)
Actually, the katakan written under her name reads "Shitsu." But how you get Shitsu out of CC is beyond me ... Sooner or later someone in the anime has got to say her name outloud ... right?

'Tsuu' is the pronunciation of English word 'two' in Japanese. The producers/people who worked on the show were talking throughout the special preview and they said what sounded like 'C-2'. I mean, it makes sense since there are two C's in her name...

lana3007 2006-11-01 01:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Li Jianliang (Post 725752)
'Tsuu' is the pronunciation of English word 'two' in Japanese. The producers/people who worked on the show were talking throughout the special preview and they said what sounded like 'C-2'. I mean, it makes sense since there are two C's in her name...

Oh now I get it! That kind of makes sense ... in a difformed english kind of way! Thank you.

duckroll 2006-11-01 02:13

It's going to be 25 episodes. It's made really clear here: http://www.geass.jp/dvd.html

The first volume has 1 episode, the other volumes have 3 episodes each, and there will be a total of 9 volumes. 25 episodes total.

Deathkillz 2006-11-01 14:17

talking about C-2 what is she anyway? a robot? genetically modified human? alien? (last one is a joke btw :heh:)

Li Jianliang 2006-11-06 13:11

This might be more useful here.

The Rules to the power of Geass, as observed in the episodes thus far.
The user can only use it once on a same individual. Any following attempts will be ineffective.

The victim is bound by his or her physical and mental capabilities. Asking the victim about or to do something that he or she doesn't know or cannot do will produce no effect.

The user must have direct eye contact with the victim. The power cannot work over telecommunications or monitors, or even a layer of semi-transparent substance.

Direct eye contact via a reflective surface, i.e. mirror, will be enough for the power to work.

The power will work within a 270-meter radius of the user.

The user may give as many commands as he or she wishes while direct eye contact is maintained.

The user must give the commands verbally. However, the power of Geass will control the victim for the duration of what the user's command indicates, so the victim may still act under the power's influence even when direct eye contact is broken.

The user may use the power on as many people as he or she wishes simultaneously, provided that they meet the above rules first.

The victim will not retain any memories from the time during which he or she is under the influence of the power of Geass, due the rewiring and damage of the brain. For same reason, the victim gains immunity against following attempts of the power being used on him or her.

myopius 2006-11-10 22:00

Question:

I don't want to check out Wikipedia since I'm sure I'd notice a spoiler, so about the different series... I heard there's a novel, manga series, and this anime. What's the relationship? In what order did they come out, which are ongoing, which follow the same storyline? Which have been scanlated/subbed/licensed?

The main reason I'd really like to know this is that it seems like there's a manga which is coming out recently, so if that's it and there's no other published material which has been widely experienced, then I can fear less that people will accidentally spoil the anime for me. I really enjoy this show so far, so I've become a bit paranoid.

Flame-X 2006-11-10 22:48

Is Pizza Hut supporting CODE GEASS? XD

kazekiri 2006-11-11 00:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by myopius (Post 736288)
Question:
I don't want to check out Wikipedia since I'm sure I'd notice a spoiler, so about the different series... I heard there's a novel, manga series, and this anime. What's the relationship? In what order did they come out, which are ongoing, which follow the same storyline? Which have been scanlated/subbed/licensed?

The novel is a side-story relating to Ashford Academy and I have no idea how it ties into anything else. There are actually three separate manga, serialized in different magazines and all ongoing. As a result (and because I just found out about this series a few weeks ago) I can't tell you much about how they relate. I could only find one issue of one of the magazines in question so I'm going mostly on what other people have said here. I know the manga doesn't directly correlate to the anime but from what I've seen and from what others have said it's different enough to be worth reading but close enough that someone talking about the manga could spoil something. I think that all three manga are part of one storyline from different perspectives (Lelouch, Suzaku and Nanaly respectively) but someone else will have to confirm or deny that. So far, nothing has been licensed. The anime has a bunch of different groups translating it (up to episode four as of right now) but there haven't been any scanlations of the manga or novel. I figure it's only a matter of time for the former but the later's not too likely. I can't recall offhand ever seeing novel scanlations.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Clamp-X (Post 736313)
Is Pizza Hut supporting CODE GEASS? XD

It sure seems that way.

coba 2006-11-24 04:34

It seems there are three manga (novel?) adaptations for Code Geass. What are the differences between them ?
Thank you

Seska 2006-11-24 16:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Li Jianliang (Post 731454)
Unobserved, but found in manga:
The power will work within a 280 meter radius of the user.

Beeep, indeed. They say it here too. The Scene where he explains the results of his "try outs". Episode 05. Timeline 15:37 - 16:00

Btw, range is 270Meters...

Mfg,
Seska

EmagEvil 2006-12-05 09:29

I have a good one...

... Are the Britannians the only people who have rainbow colored hair? Like pink fluo or another...

... Not really a serious one...

Noppapana 2006-12-11 19:47

perhpas a stupid questions
but how do you pronounce code geass ?

Shiroth 2006-12-11 19:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noppapana (Post 766337)
perhpas a stupid questions
but how do you pronounce code geass ?

Code is just normal, and for Geass - have you not heard Lelouch say the word? Its just the same.

KiNA 2006-12-17 06:13

How do Orangekun get his nickname? :D