AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Nodame Cantabile (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=49666)

Sazelyt 2007-06-22 16:11

Nodame Cantabile

Really interesting to see that there is no manga discussion on this great series.

Just to start the discussion, here is a short summary from the US publisher - Del Rey:

The son of a famous pianist, music student Shinichi Chiaki dreams of studying abroad and becoming a conductor like his mentor. Unfortunately, his fear of flying grounds his lofty plans! As he watches other classmates achieve what he has always wanted, Shinichi wonders if he should quit music altogether.

Then one day he meets fellow student Megumi Noda, also known as Nodame. This oddball girl cannot cook, clean, or even read a music score, but she can play the piano in incomparable Cantabile style. And she teaches Chiaki something that he has forgotten: to enjoy his music, no matter where he is.

_juu 2007-06-24 13:09

I started reading the manga (us-version) after I watched the Live-Action.
And I'm very much in love with it <3 (I think it's much better than the anime), I'm always laughing while reading the manga. The characters are so cool, there's nobody I don't like @_@;
I'm a little nodame-ish sometimes (well, without the talent) so I can relate to her wery easy. I'm always cheering for her :3

I'm also trying to follow the newest Manga-scans, but I never understand them. xD

lftwgr 2007-07-27 01:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sazelyt (Post 1006750)
Really interesting to see that there is no manga discussion on this great series.

What's even more troubling is that there isn't any thread for the anime in neither the fansub nor the licensed forum.

I'm relatively new to the anime (just finished it last week) and I found it to be really good, if a little slow at some points (when a lot of air time is taken up by the concert / competition sequences and there isn't much plot on-screen).

I'm just starting out on the scanlated manga...

Sazelyt 2007-07-29 02:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by lftwgr (Post 1062657)
What's even more troubling is that there isn't any thread for the anime in neither the fansub nor the licensed forum.

You must have missed it, cause, there is highly active thread on its anime, here, in the fansub sub-forum.
Quote:

I'm relatively new to the anime (just finished it last week) and I found it to be really good, if a little slow at some points (when a lot of air time is taken up by the concert / competition sequences and there isn't much plot on-screen).
That is the main difference between anime and manga. The manga has to keep the musical part shorter, since you cannot really feel it regardless of how much you try, but, you can definitely feel it in the anime (especially if you have some interest in classical music).

Marina 2007-07-30 00:54

I just started reading the manga after watching both the anime and the live action. I actually appreciate the full musical scenes being a musician myself, it's rare where shows such as this one give music its respect instead of cutting it short in favor of complete plot. It was sortof like a game of name that song.

nanafan 2007-08-12 20:07

i also started reading the manga after watching the anime and the live action. the manga is great i am as far as close to the end of anime. its as funny as the show and they are pretty close storywise.

Haru~ 2007-12-03 07:36

i think the manga covers the most deeper parts of the story.... after the going to Paris..... damn their relationship better..
wish for season 2..

mdauben 2007-12-03 09:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by _juu (Post 1009455)
And I'm very much in love with it <3 (I think it's much better than the anime), I'm always laughing while reading the manga.

Really? I have only read the first story arc in the manga (where Chiaki and Nodame play the piano duet together for their teacher). I thought the anime covered the manga matierial perfectly, with the added bonus of the actual music in the anime. For that reason alone I would consider the anime actually supperior.

I'm planning on reading more of the manga mainly just to continue the story beyond the end of the anime (although given the popularity of the show in Japan, another season isn't out of the question). I'm going to be picking up the next few volumes of the manga at the local book store this week. I guess I'll just have to put on some classical CDs while I am reading... :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by _juu (Post 1009455)
I'm also trying to follow the newest Manga-scans, but I never understand them. xD

I've tried "reading" RAW scans before, but even series where there is more action than dialog, I always found it just too hard to follow what was going on. I would think you would lose almost everything that makes Nodame great, if you could not read the dialog... :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by lftwgr (Post 1062657)

The Nodame Cantabile thread in the Fansubs section was very active while the show was being aired and activly subbed. Now that the season over and the fansubs are done, the discussion has dropped off and the thread may have scrolled off of the first couple pages.

Quote:

Personally, I consider the performace scenes just as enjoyable as the comedy or plot scenes, but then I'm a big fan of classical music. ;)

TooPurePureBoy 2007-12-03 14:11

This manga is great! It picks up right where the anime left off. Nodame in Paris has been really fun but I can't wait for the return of the rising star Orchestra. :)

herbert 2007-12-04 08:18

Yeah, I guess we can see RS Orchestra pretty soon. There are some hints in latest lessons (chapters).

Spoiler for up to lesson 116:

Haru~ 2007-12-04 08:28

Spoiler for Asking?:

herbert 2007-12-04 08:40

Spoiler for in response of rave_master16:

Haru~ 2007-12-04 08:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by herbert (Post 1283049)
Spoiler for in response of rave_master16:

A girl who plays piano freely vs. a girl who can't play piano freely?
Can you give me a summary every chapter that comes out?? please.....!!!

herbert 2007-12-04 10:49

I am very bad at summarizing, but I will try my best. Here is summaries of chapter 101-104.

Spoiler for chapter 101:

Spoiler for chapter 102:

Spoiler for chapter 103:

Spoiler for chapter 104:

Haru~ 2007-12-07 08:11

Can you add more? Thanks anyway.... And there are rumors that they will break up? So saddddddd

herbert 2007-12-07 18:43

Summarizing chapter 106 is too time- and energy-consuming. So I only made two chapter worth summary this time. I will continue after final exam.

Spoiler for 105:

Spoiler for 106:

Haru~ 2007-12-08 15:29

Ar u sure its ch 166? damn thats too far away.....? I can't even assess what's happening? you think they'll broke up? Shinii didn't attend her concert again?
Thanks again...

herbert 2007-12-08 16:38

My bad. Ehh...what was wrong with me??? It shall be 105 and 106. They didn't break up (Noda forgives his misbehaviour easily), my brain must have been broken though.

Claes 2007-12-08 16:57

herbert, what do you think about the new character? The female Hungarian composer?
Yes, she does look like a freak (like other cast), but isn't she cute? :D
And yay for Mama Seiko in this volume

Haru~ 2007-12-09 05:39

Who are the new characters? As for now after the anime...
Spoiler for characters:

So who is this Hungarian girl?