AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Maria-sama (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Maria-sama - Spoilers & Speculation (for experienced Maria-samas only) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=76792)

xris 2009-01-13 09:47

Maria-sama - Spoilers & Speculation (for experienced Maria-samas only)

This thread is for the experienced Maria-sama viewer (i.e. those of you who are familiar with potentially all the light novels and manga), its purpose is to allow free discussion of theories and speculation over the Maria-sama anime series, it therefore will contain unmarked spoilers. If you are a light novel / manga virgin of Maria-sama, then do not read this thread unless you want to be spoiled (use the Maria-sama - Speculation & Theories (for first time viewers)).

Since posters are expected to be familiar with the light novel / manga, there is no real need for spoiler tags, but feel free to include them if you so wish.

Adding a Spoiler tag:
Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
Make sure that you include a title that clearly identifies the specific source of the spoiler!

Finally, please remain on-topic and do not use this thread if it's just discussion about the current or previous anime episodes. Also remember that this isn't a light novel / manga discussion thread, if you do want to discuss the light novel then please use the existing thread.

dahl_moon 2009-01-13 23:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by MercFH (Post 2159221)
Spoiler for from the novels!:

Spoiler for Slight spoilers:

bakaneko16 2009-01-25 04:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by dahl_moon (Post 2159938)
Spoiler for Slight spoilers:

it would be really great if you explain it in a detailed way, since its getting better and better,

damn its a curse since i cant understand jap. :upset:

touko really is something, im getting excited for nothing >.>

Molenir 2009-02-02 11:29

Is the other reason really a spoiler? Didn't that all get revealed back in season 1? Or was it season 2? Ya know when Yumi and Yuuki both spent the night at Sachiko's.

Spoiler for Other reason for Kashiwagi to avoid marriage:

Or was that not the reason you were referring to?

Sinestra 2009-02-02 11:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molenir (Post 2194347)
Is the other reason really a spoiler? Didn't that all get revealed back in season 1? Or was it season 2? Ya know when Yumi and Yuuki both spent the night at Sachiko's.

Yep pretty much i didnt want to post it just encase others did not know and are just skimming the thread.

Slick_rick 2009-02-02 14:47

The best episode this season IMO. It was heartwarming and funny at times. Also it got us it into the minds of both Kashiwagi and Yumi. Can't wait to see what happens next between Touko and Yumi.

Quote:

I don't believe that reason ever got revealed in the Anime. I always thought it was weird that the anime skirted that issue. The novel makes it clear quite early.

Otus 2009-02-02 19:33

Quote:

Spoiler for You're probably mixing it up with the novel in which:

Molenir 2009-02-02 20:47

I've read the translated version of the first 4 novels, maybe I'm getting it from there. I just have this vision in my head about Yuuki being nervous about being alone with Kashiwagi, at the sleepover, and hearing about the reason why. Is that really from the novels and not from the anime? Don't have time at the moment to go back and rewatch them.

Otus 2009-02-03 05:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molenir (Post 2195099)
I've read the translated version of the first 4 novels, maybe I'm getting it from there. I just have this vision in my head about Yuuki being nervous about being alone with Kashiwagi, at the sleepover, and hearing about the reason why. Is that really from the novels and not from the anime? Don't have time at the moment to go back and rewatch them.

Yes, that's all in the novel I'm afraid :)

Spoiler for Season 2, Episode 1:

Molenir 2009-02-03 11:21

Also read the manga, might have been in there too.

Oxtail 2009-02-03 23:17

Is Suguru being gay in the novel really much of a spoiler? I get the sense that they cut that out of the anime to make it less controversial. So he's not actually gay in the anime. In which case, him being gay in the novel really doesn't affect anything in the anime since that's not the case there.

4Tran 2009-02-03 23:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oxtail (Post 2197315)
Is Suguru being gay in the novel really much of a spoiler? I get the sense that they cut that out of the anime to make it less controversial. So he's not actually gay in the anime. In which case, him being gay in the novel really doesn't affect anything in the anime since that's not the case there.

It's fairly important, and it definitely has a chance of coming up in the anime.

Otus 2009-02-04 06:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4Tran (Post 2197348)
It's fairly important, and it definitely has a chance of coming up in the anime.

There has been hints about it trough out the series, so I'm sure it will come up at some point.

inisipis 2009-02-05 04:49

Well in the second episode of "Maria-sama ni wa Naisho" Sachiko called him a "...girlie-man, manly-girl!" :D

Molenir 2009-02-05 09:04

Quote:

Well in the second episode of "Maria-sama ni wa Naisho" Sachiko called him a "...girlie-man, manly-girl!"
Not sure that counts, as I remember Kanoko being as tall as a skyscraper in one too.

dahl_moon 2009-02-24 02:03

One thing that I noticed from episode eight is, that
Spoiler for Episode 8:

Man0warr 2009-02-26 17:02

Looks like they are skipping most of the non Rosa Chinesis chapters to get to Touko being rosario'd before S4 is over, next episode covers vol 25

cynicalicious 2009-03-15 00:08

I brought the discussion of the rest of the series over here, because I didn't want to run afoul of spoiling people.

@Mintyfresh

They can't take up two episodes for Crisscross, because it's episode 12. That wouldn't leave anything left for Anata wo Sagashi ni. So they're going to have to jam both books into two episodes... ugh. That means lots of stuff gets dumped. (It pretty much has to.)

In season 1, we got 2 eps for the treasure hunt, and two more for the date. Not gonna happen this time. (Unless they are doing more than 13 eps, which I highly doubt.)

I realize that there's not a good stopping point because of the way the whole Touko/Yumi story got dragged out in the books (and boy does it get dragged out), I just wish there was a better solution that didn't involve jettisoning some really good stories.

Personally, I'm dying to see...

Spoiler for Future episodes and Anata wo Sagashi ni:

Ah well. They've done a good job so far this season, in spite of skipping a lot of stuff and rushing through a lot of stuff. I guess we'll just have to see how they decide to retell the story.

Molenir 2009-03-15 11:43

I just wish people who can read the books, would take the trouble to help out over at Baka-Tsuki and translate them for us poor people who can't!

cynicalicious 2009-03-15 13:10

My Japanese is faaar too unreliable for such a task.

Also, keep in mind that it's one thing to sort of gloss over a sentence (albeit slowly) and generally "get it" enough to move on, because you "get it" in Japanese-- I don't actually translate it into English in my brain anymore for the most part, except when I'm too lazy to remember a kanji reading for a word I'm never going to need outside of the book. When I read in Japanese, I think in Japanese. I don't bother translating into English in my brain, because a lot of Japanese concepts don't really translate well, and you grok them in Japanese better, anyway. For example, if I read "祐巳達," I see it as "Yumi-tachi," and don't translate it into "Yumi and the people with her," or "Yumi & Co." It's too much mental work. There's a lot of that in Japanese.

Translating it into English so that it's accurate *and* so that it makes sense to a native English speaker who doesn't speak any Japanese at all is quite a lot of work. I can plow through a book in about 5-7 days of reading in my spare time. Translating it would take months for me, and I would be terrified of all the mistakes I would make.

--
EDIT: On an unrelated note, make sure you have your Kleenex boxes handy in two weeks. There's a scene in Anata wo Sagashi ni that's crucial to the Touko/Yumi story that, if done right, will have most of you getting all misty. (So yeah, if you thought episode 11 was great, then if it's done properly-- big "if" there, because there's a lot of stuff to cover-- then episode 13 should top it.)