AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Hayate no Gotoku (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Hayate no Gotoku - Can't Take My Eyes Off You - Episode 3 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=115566)

Kairin 2012-10-16 19:06

Hayate no Gotoku - Can't Take My Eyes Off You - Episode 3 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Hayate no Gotoku - Can't Take My Eyes Off You - Episode 3.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

Midonin 2012-10-17 13:26

I'm fine going this way for just one episode, but there's a very interesting little sister/aliens/time travel(?) plot going on, and I want to see where that one is leading. Though that plotline did briefly intersect with this episode, it mostly reminded me of season two, my thoughts on which have already been established. There was still some decent comedy in there, with the three fools of the student council setting the plot in motion, and the closing gag (with the brief cutaway to Nagi and the parallel with the start of the episode) was pulled off fairly well, but there simply wasn't as much comedy as the previous weeks. Like I said, I'm fine with this for a brief detour, but there's a lot more angles to explore and a throughline to continue lining through.

Not a bad episode by any means, just not one that's going to stand out for me in the long run.

leorodri100 2012-10-17 14:02

me being a SUPER HINA FAN i can only say....best episode of all hayate series, no joke even in the manga it was not as perfect as this one and the manga has some fricikng serious business with hayate x hinagiku , this episode was made for hina, since the preview for episode 3 i knew it was going to be her and that totally did not disapoint...more like well for me at least its the only episode i actually like from can't take my eyes off you so far

sikvod00 2012-10-17 15:01

I'm about seven minutes into the episode and I just can't get over the QUALITY...

Hiroi Sekai 2012-10-17 17:11

The series is very slowly improving from the first episode, I just hope they can keep it up. At the very least, Hayate didn't beg me to like the episode this time.

As for the episode itself, I told everyone anime children are little devil spawns. WHAT DID I TELL YOU.

RegalStar 2012-10-17 17:15

So yeah, I'm as happy about seeing Hina as the next person, but what does this episode have to do with this season's direction as a whole again?

Jmac 2012-10-17 17:36

Hiiiiina!~ My pinked haired princess as finally arrived! :)

Anyway, I agree with some about the whole new character designs. Hina just doesn't look like Hina..maybe b/c I'm still used to JC Staffs designs.

Nice to know things don't change, Hina, still can't be honest with yourself :P

thundrakkon 2012-10-17 17:50

Well, this has been the best episode this season so far, and many people will understand why. I hated the animation and artwork they had for the first half of the episode, but it really did improve towards the second half.

I don't mind the change in direction for this episode, as the previous story arc so far has been a bit dull. It really does show, considering the fan ratings for this series thus far has been quite average to poor, relative to how quite well received the second Hayate series had.

Well, it was a nice break, and great episode. I'm just not sure if we'll get another good one like this for the rest of the series.

mitsuganae 2012-10-17 17:52

Ah, the unfortunate necessity of pandering. Too bad the expected final deflation isn't worth it (unlike the coffee tasting chapter -- that deflation works really well).

Chaos2Frozen 2012-10-17 18:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by RegalStar (Post 4401055)
So yeah, I'm as happy about seeing Hina as the next person, but what does this episode have to do with this season's direction as a whole again?

I have a bad feeling about it... You don't suppose they just put it in for the sake of it :uhoh: ?

This was suppose to be an original story Anime right? But this episode is an adaptation of the manga chapter...

Quote:

Originally Posted by thundrakkon (Post 4401096)
Well, this has been the best episode this season so far, and many people will understand why. I hated the animation and artwork they had for the first half of the episode, but it really did improve towards the second half.

Oh good, I thought it was just me. Yeah I didn't really mind it in the first two episodes but when it's a Hinagiku episode suddenly it became way too obvious and was pretty much affecting my ability to enjoy the episode.

In addition, Manglobe's comedy timing is all over the place... Borderline non-existent -_-

The second half at the amusement park was much better though :) But a tokimeki memory for me it was not.

Malkuth 2012-10-17 18:07

It still looks atrocious... otherwise nice episode, and completely unrelated with the previous two.

Hiroi Sekai 2012-10-17 18:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen (Post 4401111)
I have a bad feeling about it... You don't suppose they just put it in for the sake of it :uhoh: ?

This was suppose to be an original story Anime right? But this episode is an adaptation of the manga chapter...

I think any perceptive person would agree that she was in it for that reason. However, it's not a cause of concern since they've been doing this since the manga. Hina's popular, and they played on it (second season, just for the blatantly obvious), and that's alright. I rather like Hina.

Your second statement is something I can 100% agree with though. This series just can't develop its own identity. It throws in Ruri and bits of the surreal/poetic scenes, but then it establishes that Hina is totally into Hayate- something that wasn't set in stone until Season 2 of the anime. So is this a continuation, or isn't it? Because if it is, I'm afraid my opinion of it would be much lower.

sky black swordman 2012-10-17 18:19

Finally the Goddess Hina has appeared !!!!:hyper-^v^::kisskiss:
I am so happy I could cry !!

Anyway enough about my love for Hina, What's going on with this series ? Is this anime original or manga canon ?:confused:

JPblueser 2012-10-17 18:30

According to Hata's twitter, it IS part of the series' original plot and the manga will eventually catch up with it.

But this is confusing...

Chaos2Frozen 2012-10-17 18:44

It's base after the current manga arc and is considered canon.

I'm guessing they're just shifting around the events. It's no big deal really, I just thought that this entire season would be a brand new story like what Hata said... oh well.

madmac 2012-10-17 20:17

Well that was a tedious waste of time. It was an uninspired adaption of the Hina Date story, minus all the good jokes. (Barring the punchline, which was at least reasonably well done.) Unavoidable, I suppose.

Quote:

Ah, the unfortunate necessity of pandering. Too bad the expected final deflation isn't worth it (unlike the coffee tasting chapter -- that deflation works really well).
Hehehe. Yeah, that was one of the better Hina punchlines.

Quote:

I'm guessing they're just shifting around the events. It's no big deal really, I just thought that this entire season would be a brand new story like what Hata said... oh well.
Unless we get more manga adapted material, I'm just going to assume this was a one-off to placate Hina fans.

~Yami~ 2012-10-17 21:58

Hina is hereeee..... I'm used to be a huge Hinagiku's fan so I like this episode...
although the animation quality is little bad in my eyes...

good job in putting dating scene in longer time than those prologue scene... don't really enjoy that Segawa and friends' scene at all (since they're little annoying... lol)

for Hina : it's not like you're the one who get cursed.... it's Hayate... his bad luck is striking you... xD

nice troll when Hayate asking for money and Hinagiku's words are interrupted because of train

Spoiler for you'll be tired but I'll say this again:

serenade_beta 2012-10-17 22:15

*sees a girl with hairband and pink hair*
Co-could this be...?!

*gets a good look*
(;・∀・)........Who are you?

dahl_moon 2012-10-17 22:26

... Are they really that desperate for Luka's new album? I love Luka and all (probably near Hina-level), but she serves no purpose and completely messes up the flow of the story. And it was the Hina date episode!!

Well, at least I got to hear Hina and it still had the important parts of the date intact (albeit with bad flow), so it was watchable.

JaLooNz 2012-10-18 00:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by sikvod00 (Post 4400880)
I'm about seven minutes into the episode and I just can't get over the QUALITY...

OMG the quality is atrocious...:frustrated: I have never seen such weird facial expressions in so long.:mad: