AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Light Novels (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=157)
-   -   Maoyuu Maou Yuusha - "Kono Watashi no Mono Tonare, Yuusha yo" "Kotowaru" (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=105247)

surerman 2011-12-25 13:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrTerrorist (Post 3918245)
I don't think so since the Dark Knight's job right now is to reclaim Gateway city from the Humans which Archduke Fire Dragon wants.

no!
Archduke will questioned Dark Knight line:
"to protect you with all my might"
...wait a minute.............*warlock whispering something to me*.
oh?
exchange?
good one indeed...:D

so...Archduke get back Gateway city (demon's) in price of Aurora Island (human's)

Archduke: "my land back to me...but why you're not help Walrus general?"
Dark Knight: "come on, lemme rest will ya?"
Archduke: "ok" *:D snap the finger*
Dark Knight: "GYAAAA..!! why are you naked?! princess!?...wait! Archduke?! don't leave us alone...You..!"

you know what happened do you?:heh:

MrTerrorist 2011-12-25 14:20

Hahahah. Funny, but unlikely. Remember, the Archduke doesn't care about the human world. He's just more angry that humans are occupying one of their lands in the demon world.

Johnny 2012-01-01 16:29

Seen that someone started roughly translating the online novel. I believe it follows the Comp Ace version. Starts a tad before ch 8 and goes to sometime after, but not too far after. Following chapters should be interesting. Not sure if I can post the link, so PM me if you want it...

Athena 2012-01-01 17:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny (Post 3928360)
Seen that someone started roughly translating the online novel. I believe it follows the Comp Ace version. Starts a tad before ch 8 and goes to sometime after, but not too far after. Following chapters should be interesting. Not sure if I can post the link, so PM me if you want it...

Huh? A novel follows the manga?

Bonta Kun 2012-01-01 17:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiRa08o2 (Post 3928417)
Huh? A novel follows the manga?

I believe it's manga follows LN as this was a LN to begin with(?)

Would love to see how the LN handles all this stuff, would it be a very boring or very interesting read?!:p

Johnny 2012-01-01 18:15

Guess I did make it sound that way. Was referring to the fact that out of the several version the LN seems to be the Comp Ace one, or Comp Ace one is following the LN...

Xacual 2012-01-01 18:18

Was that translation about a month or so old? I know someone on 4chan translated a bit and then said he wasn't going to bother doing any more.

Johnny 2012-01-01 18:23

Yeah, I think the update says first week of December. It's not mind blowing material, but yet interesting enough for me...

MrTerrorist 2012-01-01 23:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xacual (Post 3928457)
Was that translation about a month or so old? I know someone on 4chan translated a bit and then said he wasn't going to bother doing any more.

I got a link of those translations. If you guys want, i'll post it here.

azziz 2012-01-01 23:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrTerrorist (Post 3928808)
I got a link of those translations. If you guys want, i'll post it here.

yes,please do so-or pm-me,johnny.

MrTerrorist 2012-01-02 01:44

Just so you know, before i post the link, these posts have spoilers on what's gonna happen in the next Comp Ace Manga chapter.
Spoiler for plot:

MrTerrorist 2012-01-03 00:20

Good news everyone! The Comic Clear and Champion Red manga scanlations of Demon Queen and Hero is out! Also, the spin-off Gaiden scanlation will be coming out soon. Enjoy!

frubam 2012-01-03 22:16

Reading the Comic Clear version, it was pretty much the same as the Comp Ace version, except the beginning part with the hero kicking ass. I don't know why, but the CC translation felt like it tried too hard to NOT sound exactly like the CA version, rewording things in a different way that kinda felt...off. I'll still keep reading it, just in case the CC version scanlations get past the CA ones =03.

The Hero in the CC version reminds me of the Ryu from Breath of Fire kinda;

Bonta Kun 2012-01-04 01:19

Man a series with soooo many adaptations you'd think something would go wrong somewhere but so far I've found none, they have all been very good reads.
In particular the 4-koma is hilarious:heh:

MrTerrorist 2012-01-04 03:21

Apparently someone change the TVTropes page for The Demon Queen and The Hero to it's original Japanese title "Maoyuu Maou Yuusha".

I got no problem with it. The problem i have is the person who mostly edited the page insist we should call the Demon Queen her original Japanese name "Maou" since "Demon Queen" might not be correct.

First of all, we all call the main female character the Demon Queen and to suddenly ask that now we call her Maou is absurd since "Maou" has been used in a lot of mangas/animes and not all of them have the same translation but it is accepted by the fandom. (eg.Kyou Kara Maou: Demon King, Shina Dark: Satan, Superior: Demon Queen.)

So your opinion guys, should we call her by her original Japanese name or the one we all know?

Irenicus 2012-01-04 03:30

The 4-koma Demon Queen is funny. If you can't argue it, moe it. :heh:

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrTerrorist (Post 3931678)
So your opinion guys, should we call her by her original Japanese name or the one we all know?

I'm fine with the translation. It's a bit like translating Shinigami as "Grim Reaper" when it is more story-appropriate (as opposed to the literal "Death God"). Maybe the translation doesn't convey the exact sense of the word, in its full nuances, but a translation is always going to have that problem, and given that the title isn't exactly being used for a telling of a native Japanese myth, but rather through the filter of a Westernesque, Dragon Quest-ish Medieval fantasy...

Moreover, it is more consistent given that we're not using "Yuusha" but Hero, Female Knight, Mage, Merchant, Winter King, etc.

Belgaesh 2012-01-04 06:25

Quote:

I have no problem with it, either way I prefer this better. I'm already quite accustomed with the use o japanese names, like Maou.

Mentar 2012-01-04 08:15

Quote:

Absolutely "Demon Queen". Because "Demon King" is silly, and all other characters are called by their functions, too. Her function is clearly the ruler of the Demons, hence Demon Queen.

Key Board 2012-01-04 16:19

Quote:

Apparently someone change the TVTropes page for The Demon Queen and The Hero to it's original Japanese title "Maoyuu Maou Yuusha".

I got no problem with it. The problem i have is the person who mostly edited the page insist we should call the Demon Queen her original Japanese name "Maou" since "Demon Queen" might not be correct.

First of all, we all call the main female character the Demon Queen and to suddenly ask that now we call her Maou is absurd since "Maou" has been used in a lot of mangas/animes and not all of them have the same translation but it is accepted by the fandom. (eg.Kyou Kara Maou: Demon King, Shina Dark: Satan, Superior: Demon Queen.)

I could have sworn it was"Demon Lord" in the translations

but maybe that's just my brain on auto filter mode.

Maou in your typical Japanese RPG is always Demon Lord, but Demon Queen works.

The question here is the demon lord being a woman common knowledge or not?
Maou has a gender neutral connotation in its original context, so it might come up as plot point where character xxx didn't realize that it was a woman all along.

Demon Lord, IMO, has a more gender neutral connotation as well.

But this comes from someone who has played Sengoku Rance and Monmusu Quest

What's in a title?

http://s14.postimage.org/ri0eijeq5/miki.jpg

Athena 2012-01-04 17:06

In the tiny bit of translation I made, I chose to use Maou. First of all because I was too lazy to put up "Demon Queen" or "Demon Lord", but also in case there's a connotation I do not know of. For example, if you translate "Youkai" into "Monster", both word could mean the same, but have different connotations. Same thing here.

BTW, Key Board, what's the image you posted?