AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

maknaedik 2012-12-04 02:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by suiton629 (Post 4461311)
Exia Repair 2
Exia Repair 3
00 Qan[T] Full Saber
00 Qan[T] ELS ver. --> online exclusive

...Those 4 are waiting.

You should consider the returns as well, not just "easy to produce". And I can't believe you just said "get real".

HasuMasu 2012-12-04 07:26

I'm surprised Rozen Zulu is colored that way on the box, I thought the model wasn't going for that?

gummybear 2012-12-04 14:08

the store that I normally goes to for my gundam models closed down, any suggestion for online shops? I ask this because the ones on ebay that I bought always turns out to be bootlegs and the last one tried to steal $900 from my visa =_=;;

suiton629 2012-12-04 14:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by gummybear (Post 4462052)
the store that I normally goes to for my gundam models closed down, any suggestion for online shops? I ask this because the ones on ebay that I bought always turns out to be bootlegs and the last one tried to steal $900 from my visa =_=;;

Depends where you live.

Where I shop?

GG Infinite
eBay
Amazon (Prime shipping ftw!)
Gundam Planet
Gundam Store & More
Tatsu Hobby

I don't know where you live so I can't really suggest stores outside of the US. And if it's something not in stock at those stores, I try emailing them to see if they can special order a kit for me.

Hope that helps.

Znozzy 2012-12-04 17:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by gummybear (Post 4462052)

http://www.hlj.com/ is by far the best, most reliable site for gunpla. If you live in the US you might have a hobbyshop closer to avoid the shipping fee's and what not, but if not, HLJ is the best and most reliable store you can shop at.

Appel 2012-12-05 04:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Znozzy (Post 4462181)
http://www.hlj.com/ is by far the best, most reliable site for gunpla. If you live in the US you might have a hobbyshop closer to avoid the shipping fee's and what not, but if not, HLJ is the best and most reliable store you can shop at.

Seconded! For me here in Germany it really is the best option. With EMS shipping I always have my package within a week and they have pretty good deals fairly regularly.

firefox 2012-12-05 05:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 4462844)
Seconded! For me here in Germany it really is the best option. With EMS shipping I always have my package within a week and they have pretty good deals fairly regularly.

I third that. I'm a very big customer with HLJ. Splendid service! Also as mentioned somethimes you can do good deals, as i got an 1/144 HG Angska and a 1/100 HG Regen Duel gundam for just 1000 yen (that's :) yeach this month.

Appel 2012-12-05 06:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by firefox (Post 4462853)
I third that. I'm a very big customer with HLJ. Splendid service! Also as mentioned somethimes you can do good deals, as i got an 1/144 HG Angska and a 1/100 HG Regen Duel gundam for just 1000 yen (that's :) yeach this month.

I got the MG ReZEL at almost 50% off^^ Amazing MG, awesome price. That's part of why I am so very happy with my ReZEL!

suiton629 2012-12-05 08:19

@gummybear
It would help if you told us where you live...like what country.

MoonLightShadows 2012-12-05 19:46

I agree after reading comments on this forum for months/years. I always learned hobby link japan was good. Orderd two old HGUC from them an got them in 10 days. Faster then i thought. I would order from them again if i wanted more old models again. :)

suiton629 2012-12-05 20:46

If I were to watch UC series, then which ones are the important ones?

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2012-12-05 21:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by suiton629 (Post 4463683)
If I were to watch UC series, then which ones are the important ones?

If this one is an actual (read: serious) question, I’ll answer it for ya.

Important ones (main story):
MS Gundam -> Zeta Gundam -> ZZ Gundam -> Char’s Counterattack -> Gundam Unicorn -> Gundam F91 -> Victory Gundam
The last two are optional but they’re still nice to watch.

Side Stories:
Gundam 0080, The 08th MS Team, MS IGLOO, Gundam 0083, etc

Watch them if you can appreciate older animation. The animation themselves are far from crappy since many of them are masterpieces in their respective era.

suiton629 2012-12-05 22:15

So really what I need to watch is:

MS Gundam
Zeta Gundam
ZZ Gundam
Char’s Counterattack
Gundam Unicorn

All of the others are not important/side stories to UC?

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2012-12-05 23:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by suiton629 (Post 4463796)
So really what I need to watch is:

MS Gundam
Zeta Gundam
ZZ Gundam
Char’s Counterattack
Gundam Unicorn

Yes. Those are what you really need to watch.

Quote:

Originally Posted by suiton629 (Post 4463796)
All of the others are not important/side stories to UC?

Actually, it doesn’t mean that the others are not important. Some of them are fill-in-the-blanks of what the main story left out or don’t address. For example, Gundam 0083 is as important to the overall universe as the main stories (despite its “side story” status) since it ties the loose end of the period-gap between MS Gundam and Zeta Gundam.

suiton629 2012-12-06 00:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 4463885)
Yes. Those are what you really need to watch.

Actually, it doesn’t mean that the others are not important. Some of them are fill-in-the-blanks of what the main story left out or don’t address. For example, Gundam 0083 is as important to the overall universe as the main stories (despite its “side story” status) since it ties the loose end of the period-gap between MS Gundam and Zeta Gundam.

Ok?

So then what do I need to watch and what order are they in?

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2012-12-06 00:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by suiton629 (Post 4463921)
Ok?

Here’s what I truly recommend (more or less in chronological order):

MS Gundam -> 08th MS Team -> Gundam 0080 -> Gundam 0083 -> Zeta Gundam -> ZZ Gundam -> Char’s Counterattack -> Gundam Unicorn

I mix old and new series there so that you won’t get bored by watching 70s & 80s animation all the time (but they’re still in correct chronological order imo).

FalsePrime 2012-12-06 00:50

I got to say, I really do disagree with Unicorn being considered more important then Victory.

As it stands Victory was the last full series gundam Tomino directed (UC) and it does an important job of showing the future and how things had changed.

Granted I think Unicorn is far better then Victory, but I don't think it's right to say it's more important.

At this point I really don't think Unicorn should be considered any different then 08th Team or Stardust Memory as it's an OVA that was added to fill in the gap just like them.

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2012-12-06 01:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by FalsePrime (Post 4463955)
I got to say, I really do disagree with Unicorn being considered more important then Victory.

As it stands Victory was the last full series gundam Tomino directed (UC) and it does an important job of showing the future and how things had changed.

At this point I really don't think Unicorn should be considered any different then 08th Team or Stardust Memory as it's an OVA that was added to fill in the gap just like them.

I said Victory was optional because it’s exactly waaay in the future and not really closely related to the more well-known main conflict involving Zeon. IMO That’s not a good suggestion material for one who just want to start following UC. By no means I consider Victory worst or anything like that. Victory is just not of immediate importance in the context of this suggestion for a UC newbie.

Also, I don’t think Gundam Unicorn is a side story. One reason is that we have the returning main characters from the main story (not just cameo) like Kai, Beltorchika, Bright Noa, and Mineva (if you want to count her). Also, the event happened in Unicorn took center stage, not just side-story-ish battles like in 08th MS Team, MS IGLOO, etc.

FalsePrime 2012-12-06 01:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 4463973)
I said Victory was optional because it’s exactly waaay in the future and not really closely related to the more well-known main conflict involving Zeon. IMO That’s not a good suggestion material for one who just want to start following UC. By no means I consider Victory worst or anything like that. Victory is just not of immediate importance in the context of this suggestion for a UC newbie.

Also, I don’t think Gundam Unicorn is a side story. One reason is that we have the returning main characters from the main story (not just cameo) like Kai, Beltorchika, Bright Noa, and Mineva (if you want to count her). Also, the event happened in Unicorn took center stage, not just side-story-ish battles like in 08th MS Team, MS IGLOO, etc.

Ithink my arguement comes from the idea that after maybe one or two of those series they would no longer be starting out, and would 70% throught he series by the time they hit the last episode of ZZ.

I see your point with Unicorn and why you would consider it a main line series and not side, but still I do disagree simply because of what it was and how late it was added into canon.

Skye629 2012-12-06 04:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 4463937)
Here’s what I truly recommend (more or less in chronological order):

MS Gundam -> 08th MS Team -> Gundam 0080 -> Gundam 0083 -> Zeta Gundam -> ZZ Gundam -> Char’s Counterattack -> Gundam Unicorn

I mix old and new series there so that you won’t get bored by watching 70s & 80s animation all the time (but they’re still in correct chronological order imo).

Quote:

Originally Posted by suiton629 (Post 4463921)
Ok?

So for the list and order he gave u what he meant by old and new is:

Some of the older series got remaster movies, which somewhat/greatly updates some of the animation, some more so to the point where scene changes are awkward purely due to the age gap in animation

MS Gundam 0079 and Zeta Gundam both got 3 movie remasters (zeta being the awkward animation changes I mentioned)

While it is a nice idea to switch so you dont kill yourself on old animation (unless you dont mind) I highly suggest watching the full series for both, IMO the plot will be easier to understand and there will be alot more character development too, and it gives you time to become attached to/hate the various characters and mechs

And isnt this discussion quite off topic for a models thread? Better insert something relevant

I MUST GET HG CLANCHE CUSTOM!!!!! Looks so friggin good out of the box