AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam SEED Destiny (Phase 1 Discussion) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=21802)

HaRoRuleZ 2004-10-09 05:06

SEED DESTINY Phase 1 has been aired

Finally, phase 1 was aired as scheduled. I was worrying it might be cancelled due to a direct hit of typhoon #22, the strongest one in a decade. TV channels were on the situation reports. My doors and windows were humming a rumbling song. My water heater broke since yesterday and the repairman arrived at the peek of the atmospheric pressure just to surrender to the wind. I will not have hot water for another day. :sad:

The intermission animation features Kira, Lacus, and Pink-chan. The ED animation is the same style as SEED's ED1 whilst Kira and Lacus appear to wear the same clothes from the ED of SEED SE II.

The war began and see what Athrun was forced to pilot for lives, a Zaku.

Unless the RAWs are properly cropped otherwise you guys would see typhoon's report along the show.

HaRoRuleZ

LynnieS 2004-10-09 05:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by HaRoRuleZ
Finally, phase 1 was aired as scheduled. I was worrying it might be cancelled due to a direct hit of typhoon #22, the strongest one in a decade. TV channels were on the situation reports. My doors and windows were humming a rumbling song. My water heater broke since yesterday and the repairman arrived at the peek of the atmospheric pressure just to surrender to the wind. I will not have hot water for another day. :sad:

:topicoff: Tell me about it, and with this weekend being a three-day weekend too. So much for going somewhere as the trains and planes aren't able to leave. On the plus side, yup, no cancellation of the show. :)

I'm going to have to go back to the recording, but I think TBS is airing an episode on the 15th at 5PM?

Quote:

The intermission animation features Kira, Lacus, and Pink-chan. The ED animation is the same style as SEED's ED1 whilst Kira and Lacus appear to wear the same clothes from the ED of SEED SE II.
That was Kira? I thought it was Shin! :heh: The look on Lacus's face in the OP, however, when she was with Kira was worth a laugh, IMHO. A spoiler, just in case.

Spoiler for Lacus's expression:

Overall, a decent episode. Nothing really spectacularly different than what others had said earlier. They drove home the point that the events in "Destiny" follows after "Gundam SEED", I thought, with the use of poses and shots that came from the first series, but replaced them with the new characters and mecha. Fans of the first series will like this one, but so far, I haven't seen anything that will get the fencesitters off.

Fights weren't too shabby, but so far, it's all one-sided. The new GUNDAM mecha are kicking everyone else's butts (with one exception), but the next episode should be better. Good transformation/merge scene for Impulse, however, but it still seems a bit drawn-out (pun unintended) to me.

I'm now waiting for the posts about the significance of the characters' poses and positions in the ED to start appearing again. :)

DwArD 2004-10-09 05:26

Woot~Seed Destiny had finally been aired! I'm so happy :love: Looks like the only thing I can do now is.....wait for the raw and fansub to be out....

DwArD 2004-10-09 05:56

This....is....weird.....what's Athrun and Lacus doing together in the opening!!?? :heh: Oh well.......I'm still hoping that neither Kira nor Shinn will die in the series *cross fingers*

Realist_Classic 2004-10-09 06:04

beelzebub1, thanks for the link.

This first OP sequence is going to start the usual flood of speculations. I like it quite a bit though, and if the teasers are going to reflect the backstories, then I'm eagerly anticipating how the characters are going to turn out as the season goes on.

dreamless 2004-10-09 06:35

somethings about the OP that seems funny for me it seems that it becomes a Athrun harem during the "Lacus hiding behind Athrun" part... really funny... :heh: and yup Lacus' expression looks funny with the Lacus - Kira- Freedom scene... The Shin vs. Kira scene looks quite cool ;)

Is the guy in the intermission confirmed t be Kira or Shin? Why it seems Kira and Lacus are still main characters :eyespin:

HaRoRuleZ 2004-10-09 06:38

Four versions of RAW are now available on Winny. Go grap them.

FlyByNite 2004-10-09 06:40

Holy crap what's the new Gundam Yzak has in the OP? That's one big ass Scythe.

HaRoRuleZ 2004-10-09 06:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyByNite
Holy crap what's the new Gundam Yzak has in the OP? That's one big ass Scythe.

As the name implied, that is ZGMF-1001/K Slash Zaku Phantom.

CalamitiesEnd 2004-10-09 06:59

Freedom got the revamp while justice didn't? O well but Lacus doesn't look at all to happy with kira. So let the speculations fly!

DwArD 2004-10-09 07:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by CalamitiesEnd
Freedom got the revamp while justice didn't? O well but Lacus doesn't look at all to happy with kira. So let the speculations fly!

Well....can't blame Kira for it right? Besides, I don't think Lacus is unhappy with him....Kira's still a teenager afterall....and ever since the previous battle, his mindset had already greatly changed. Archangel seems to be back in action too!

wao 2004-10-09 07:22

Personally speaking I wish they'd have left the Archangel alone because I thought it was generally resolved... actually, I thought most of the Archangel characters' feelings towards the war and life and all was pretty resolved/decided and I dunno why they had to drag them all back... :( Especially Murrue, for crying out loud, leave her alone!
The worrying thing is if they bring her back... that means they can kill her in front of us ;_;

FlyByNite 2004-10-09 07:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by HaRoRuleZ
As the name implied, that is ZGMF-1001/K Slash Zaku Phantom.

The Phantom is the commander model right? So that would suggest he's got command of his own unit I suppose. The blonde bishonen guy has a commander model too.

Dearka not getting commander would make sense since #1)He's more experienced with a long-range weapon mech and #2) He went AWOL and even fought against Zaft so he's not likely to get promoted for that :D

DwArD 2004-10-09 08:07

Say.....did anyone notice anything from the opening? The OS on Shinn's corefigher....its....Generation Unsubdued Nuclear Drive Assault Module....that means Impulse Gundam is nuclear-powered!

OMchan 2004-10-09 08:24

Here are the OP and ED screenshots for those of you who just can't wait for the RAW to finish downloading.

http://s01.imagehost.org/0293/gsd_op_jpg.t.jpg

http://s01.imagehost.org/0271/gsd_ed_jpg.t.jpg

And a question about the ED. When they scroll to Shinn... in the BG, is that Lacus? o.O

srb 2004-10-09 08:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by DwArD
Say.....did anyone notice anything from the opening? The OS on Shinn's corefigher....its....Generation Unsubdued Nuclear Drive Assault Module....that means Impulse Gundam is nuclear-powered!

No it isn't. Watch closely when it boots up again and you see that the text is replaced by new text in read. It's simply based on the old OS used by the nuclear powered behemoths.

DwArD 2004-10-09 08:33

Thanks for that! My download's around 88%....so they did put Kira and Lacus together! Yeah! Btw, thats Lunamaria.....not Lacus....

So Impulse is not nuclear-powered? Yeah! That means we'll get to see the Gundams power down! That makes the show more interesting....

Inuzuka 2004-10-09 09:03

I'm only up to the first 20+ epis of Gundam SEED, but Destiny does look a lot better. First of all, with reference to the screencaps of the intro provided by OMchan, not everyone is riding a Gundam. And Destiny does hold a subtle 'retro' feel to it, something i find rather lacking in SEED. ('Retro' essentially means the slight feel of the older Gundam series, i used 'retro' only because of a lack of a better word :) )

wao 2004-10-09 09:11

Let me try and list all the scenes in the OP involving people so we can make more silly predictions about relationsihps and so on (btw, can we make a new SEED DESTINY thread?)

Spoiler for whatever:

Now to actually watch the rest of the ep.

blackflash 2004-10-09 09:16

Anyone know who is going to fansub this series?