AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Web Novels (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   Hachinan tte, Sore wa nai Deshou! [WN] (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=131824)

wuhugm 2015-04-15 02:42

Hachinan tte, Sore wa nai Deshou! [WN]
 
Original Title : 八男って、それはないでしょう!
Author : Y.A
Illustrator : Choco Fuji
Publisher : MF Books
Status : 4 LN volumes ; 156 WN chapters

Webnovel : Shosetsu
Translation : Rhinabolla

Spoiler for synopsis:






A few days ago someone recommended this novel to me and I tried it and got hooked up quickly. Currently I have read 105 chapters, because of this I haven't had a chance to read the new chapters of other WN like Death March and Isekai Mahou and since there's no thread for this yet I decided to make one.

The MC of this novel is very similar to Rudeus or Satou Pendragon, both personality and power as in the extremely large magic capacity, capability of using almost any magic, and it's terrifying firepower. But unlike Mushoku and Death March, this novel focuses on his nariagari as a noble rather than the adventure. It's outlook on nobility is more realistic than Death March and is very interesting.

The earlier chapters are short and the writing is kinda repetitive, but after 20 chapters or so, the chapters become very very long, maybe even longer than Ryuusei and the writing is getting better. But the most important thing is this novel is very rewarding, such as his gain in status and power and also in H department :D

travelingbum 2015-04-15 02:59

hmmmm well I guess the usual LN changes to their age happened....
or I had the wrong impression about certain female characters cause some are taller/bigger than what I expected.

Okashira 2015-04-15 03:05

I remember reading a big chunk of chapters of this after someone told me that.....

Spoiler:


To the point I have read before "taking a break", my dreams are yet to come true :heh: :heh:

While it's true that the politics aspect of the guy's life are interesting, I found most other sides of him to be pretty plain and boring. I'm a little interested by his selection of weapon (he trained as an archer), but in the end he became another boring "do it all" mc eventually.

It was funny how the position of first wife was actually stolen from the initial girls :heh: :heh: , well; that's related to the "realistic politics" side of the series.


(Most images don't work, btw).

setsuna86 2015-04-15 03:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by wuhugm (Post 5503842)
Original Title : 八男って、それはないでしょう!
Author : Y.A
Illustrator : Choco Fuji
Publisher : MF Books
Status : 4 LN volumes ; 156 WN chapters

Webnovel : Shosetsu

Spoiler for synopsis:






A few days ago someone recommended this novel to me and I tried it and got hooked up quickly. Currently I have read 105 chapters, because of this I haven't had a chance to read the new chapters of other WN like Death March and Isekai Mahou and since there's no thread for this yet I decided to make one.

The MC of this novel is very similar to Rudeus or Satou Pendragon, both personality and power as in the extremely large magic capacity, capability of using almost any magic, and it's terrifying firepower. But unlike Mushoku and Death March, this novel focuses on his nariagari as a noble rather than the adventure. It's outlook on nobility is more realistic than Death March and is very interesting.

The earlier chapters are short and the writing is kinda repetitive, but after 20 chapters or so, the chapters become very very long, maybe even longer than Ryuusei and the writing is getting better. But the most important thing is this novel is very rewarding, such as his gain in status and power and also in H department :D

Ok, could you please answer the usual questions?
Spoiler for Namely:

wuhugm 2015-04-15 03:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Okashira (Post 5503859)
I remember reading a big chunk of chapters of this after someone told me that.....

Spoiler:


To the point I have read before "taking a break", my dreams are yet to come true :heh: :heh:

While it's true that the politics aspect of the guy's life are interesting, I found most other sides of him to be pretty plain and boring. I'm a little interested by his selection of weapon (he trained as an archer), but in the end he became another boring "do it all" mc eventually.

It was funny how the position of first wife was actually stolen from the initial girls :heh: :heh: , well; that's related to the "realistic politics" side of the series.


(Most images don't work, btw).

Spoiler:


The combat and adventure are being put aside, up to the point of my last read chapter, he hasn't utilized his elemental sword and magic armor materialization in any fight...

usual :
as OP as Rudeus
Real harem like Mushoku

aohige 2015-04-15 03:29

I stopped reading last year about 130 chapters in (chapter 100), the empire arc was boring me to tears.
I'm about 25 chapters behind, I'll probably binge read it once it hits 50+ or so.

He has the bad habit of using the same jokes over and over once it gets popular.
Yeah yeah the muscle mage was funny at first but then it gets stale and annoying. :p

Still though, it's one of the better novels on the site.

lemonedSM 2015-04-15 03:31

i remember reading the translation for this WN/LN somewhere.

Okashira 2015-04-15 03:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by setsuna86 (Post 5503862)
Ok, could you please answer the usual questions?
Spoiler for Namely:

Spoiler:



Quote:

Originally Posted by aohige (Post 5503870)
Yeah yeah the muscle mage was funny at first but then it gets stale and annoying. :p

It's funny how stories where "mages" are ->mages<- are almost impossible to find (specially if they are MCs), rather than the "mage" being some idiot who grabs a sword or a gun or also has super strength

wuhugm 2015-04-15 03:41

Raising the Dead is MT-ing this, only 2 chapters on their site

Quote:

Originally Posted by aohige (Post 5503870)
I stopped reading last year about 130 chapters in (chapter 100), the empire arc was boring me to tears.
I'm about 25 chapters behind, I'll probably binge read it once it hits 50+ or so.

He has the bad habit of using the same jokes over and over once it gets popular.
Yeah yeah the muscle mage was funny at first but then it gets stale and annoying. :p

Still though, it's one of the better novels on the site.

There are boring parts here and there because of it's lengthy explanations of aforementioned facts, but I can tolerate that since the other components make up for that.

That Armstrong muscle uncle... I never thought he would become a regular member... and he even getting stronger and stronger like the MC... I got a feeling something bad will happen to him

^Okashira

You forgot Katalina, the Purple Drill Magician

dullman 2015-04-15 03:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by lemonedSM (Post 5503872)
i remember reading the translation for this WN/LN somewhere.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wuhugm (Post 5503877)
Raising the Dead is MT-ing this, only 2 chapters on their site

As i get really interested in this WN i found that rhinabolla translating this novel with 29 chapters done

wuhugm 2015-04-15 04:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by dullman (Post 5503882)
As i get really interested in this WN i found that rhinabolla translating this novel with 29 chapters done

Oh, you're right, lemme add that to the 1st post :)

watisit 2015-04-15 04:41

Is the MC OP?

He has the most MP out of all humans. Though there are people who can use magic more effectively than him, and there's one super-strong melee magician.

Is there Harem?

The girls in the colored picture and the one below that are all his harem.
In order of appearance
Louise (fighter) & Iina (lancer): Met during adventuring school
Elize (priestess): Daughter of the pope(? the highest religious authority in the kingdom).
Welma (axe-wielder): Adopted daughter of some military officer (quite high ranked). Has superhuman strength and appetite

There are others but I'll leave them out for now.

lemonedSM 2015-04-15 04:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by dullman (Post 5503882)
As i get really interested in this WN i found that rhinabolla translating this novel with 29 chapters done

nice find!

GT is giving me headache.

obnuchious 2015-04-15 05:26

Spoilers for these questions:

1. does he visit his home ever again?
2. does he meet up with his favored elder brother?
3. what about his other brothers?
4. how old is he at the moment (WN release)?
5. does the MC bring his harem to his secret hideout(island)?
6. does he introduce soy sauce to the world?
7. how goes his relationship with the current lord (the one introduced in WN ch28)?
8. his inherited mansion, does he live alone or with others there?
9. does he invent magic tools that were inspired from our world?
10. is he gunning for someone in his harem, someone else outside, or none at the moment?

Sorry for the number of spoiler questions XD

travelingbum 2015-04-15 05:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by obnuchious (Post 5503919)
Spoilers for these questions:

1. does he visit his home ever again?
2. does he meet up with his favored elder brother?
3. what about his other brothers?
4. how old is he at the moment (WN release)?
5. does the MC bring his harem to his secret hideout(island)?
6. does he introduce soy sauce to the world?
7. how goes his relationship with the current lord (the one introduced in WN ch28)?
8. his inherited mansion, does he live alone or with others there?
9. does he invent magic tools that were inspired from our world?
10. is he gunning for someone in his harem, someone else outside, or none at the moment?

Sorry for the number of spoiler questions XD

Spoiler for :

obnuchious 2015-04-15 05:56

you said the M word . . . with whom? single or multiple (like a certain gray rat)???

travelingbum 2015-04-15 06:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by obnuchious (Post 5503931)
you said the M word . . . with whom? single or multiple (like a certain gray rat)???

it's still the first page and already answered.

Stinkt 2015-04-15 07:00

It seems to be the type of novel that i like, thanks OP.

How do you compare the WN with the LN?

wuhugm 2015-04-15 09:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stinkt (Post 5503968)
It seems to be the type of novel that i like, thanks OP.

How do you compare the WN with the LN?

All major events seem present in the LN as well, albeit some text reductions as always...

The MC is getting more ruthless and lecherous lately :D nice change from the usual gentleman MC in LN

watisit 2015-04-15 10:13

Very rough summary of story so far
Spoiler for :

This isn't everything but I'm tired so I'll stop it here.

But some major plot points from later
Spoiler for :


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:10.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.