AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Current Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   (CR) Aquatope of White Sand (Shiroi Suna no Aquatope) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=156309)

Stark700 2021-01-15 04:06

Aquatope of White Sand (Shiroi Suna no Aquatope)
 
https://i.imgur.com/fRlTkDD.jpg?1

PA Works has a new TV anime project called "Aquatope of White Sand". It will air in July 2021, this Summer

Trailer


https://twitter.com/PAWORKS_info/sta...05766741139463

Official site

https://aquatope-anime.com/

Stark700 2021-04-06 10:27

We got new info including a new visual

https://i.imgur.com/5SlFlzL.jpeg

https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-ne...trailer-visual

Stark700 2021-06-22 11:13

Crunchyoll announced for streaming

https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-ne...1-anime-lineup

EroKing 2021-07-01 00:14

http://i.imgur.com/HHxKQNil.jpg

Stark700 2021-07-08 10:51

24 episodes confirmed

https://twitter.com/AIR_News01/statu...72812554670081

Blaat 2021-07-08 13:15

Okay first episode feels like an amalgamation of previous PA works you have the failing workplace, supernatural elements involving the sea and hardworking girls at different work places are the main characters. We'll see if it's as good as those series. Still with this barren season and this series being surprisingly two cour I'll definitely give this a full cour before making the drop or continue judgement.

serenade_beta 2021-07-08 14:53

Spoiler for ep1:

Kanon 2021-07-08 18:05

Well... that was very PA works. For better or worse. If they avoid romance and focus on the sea life aspect, this could end up being good. Lack of romance is what the best PA shows all have in common (Shirobako, Tari Tari, Sakura Quest).

Guardian Enzo 2021-07-08 19:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kanon (Post 6480085)
Well... that was very PA works. For better or worse. If they avoid romance and focus on the sea life aspect, this could end up being good. Lack of romance is what the best PA shows all have in common (Shirobako, Tari Tari, Sakura Quest).

True Tears on line two.

serenade_beta 2021-07-08 20:38

I'm pretty sure that in some epilogue bonus short novel for Tari Tari, they not only added romance (and getting pregnant), but they also added crap like divorce into the story. So... yeah, about that lack of romance.

True Tears worked, but that was written by Mari, who sometimes make the greatest girl-vs-girl stuff around.

Master_Yoma 2021-07-08 21:00

Well a nice start a girl shoved out of the industry going to Okinawa at the spur of the moment and falls asleep on the beach

FlareKnight 2021-07-08 21:16

Well that was certainly eventful :heh:. I can totally understand this girl not wanting to go home right now. Her mom might be right that this sort of thing will be talked about no matter what. But spreading the news without even talking to her daughter first was pretty tasteless. I suppose at least she was useful in saying there was a party planned so said daughter could run away to avoid it.

This could be a solid ride. I'm curious how it will all work out in the end. You have an aquarium that clearly has issues and a girl that wants to save it. But I'm mostly curious to see where Fuuka's story wraps up. Will she just stay there long term to help with the Aquarium? Will she go home and just find a new path forward? Will she try to make a legitimate return to the entertainment industry? Who knows. But no doubt they'll make the ride as emotional as possible no matter what.

Archon_Wing 2021-07-08 21:30

Best character of the year right here:

Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)
Also what a good looking ice cream that is:

Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)

Marcus H. 2021-07-08 21:35

Where do broken hearts dreams go?

Fuuka, now a former idol after an issue that made her decide to relinquish her role of Center to fellow member Luka, found herself heartbroken upon seeing her dream crumble to dust. Since her relatives seem to be out of touch with regards to her current situation, she decided to escape to Okinawa, where fate brings her to a first-hand experience of Gama Gama Aquarium, which is led by the seemingly orphaned Kukuru (note the lack of mother's name in the card she was shown holding in the scene).

This seems to be a different flavor of Working Girls as it involves fantasy elements in the fish-head-chomping Kijimuna and the "enveloping sea" imagery. I would have liked something that's grounded like Sakura Quest, but I don't mind seeing more of PA Works' love for the sea.

Quote:

However, the protagonist. She's acting like she was kicked off the team for being bad or something, but she was not only good, but she gave up her position on her own free will. Her career didn't end, she ended it herself/
There are clear clues that the agency doesn't look at her in a positive or supportive way. The short dialogue between the two employees of the agency implied that they don't see any potential in Fuuka, and it may not be the first time Fuuka overheard the same sentiments from them. Luka was at least supportive of Fuuka being Center, but Fuuka already know that the agency does not care about her so she relinquished her Center to Luka.

Also, some info about the kijimuna: it is a youkai with a penchant for fish and tricking humans. They sometimes make friends with humans, but most of the time the relationship goes sour.

serenade_beta 2021-07-08 22:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcus H. (Post 6480113)
There are clear clues that the agency doesn't look at her in a positive or supportive way. The short dialogue between the two employees of the agency implied that they don't see any potential in Fuuka, and it may not be the first time Fuuka overheard the same sentiments from them. Luka was at least supportive of Fuuka being Center, but Fuuka already know that the agency does not care about her so she relinquished her Center to Luka.

Also, some info about the kijimuna: it is a youkai with a penchant for fish and tricking humans. They sometimes make friends with humans, but most of the time the relationship goes sour.

If this was written by Mari, I would already be 100% sure that the girl she gave her position to is actually laughing at her in her mind while crying on the outside. :heh:

Marcus H. 2021-07-08 22:24

She'd be really lucky to have enough free time for that, considering how the idol industry can be a "shark tank" as some people stated. :heh:

Also, correcting a statement I made on the previous post:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcus H.
(note the lack of mother's name in the card she was shown holding in the scene)

Those are actually just for the names of the children. Both of them are dated October 8, Heisei 14 (2002), but only Kukuru's (born on July 7, Heisei 15 or 2003) was filled up. It's possible that Kukuru should have had a twin, but only Kukuru survived.

serenade_beta 2021-07-08 22:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcus H. (Post 6480120)
She'd be really lucky to have enough free time for that, considering how the idol industry can be a "shark tank" as some people stated. :heh:

Anime characters have the ability to stop time when they monologue inside their mind, so I'm sure she's fine there. :heh:
Apparently it is 2-cour, so unless they go complete fantasy like that other PA ocean anime, they surely are gonna spend an arc or more on the idol part of her story. I can't see how they plan to expand the story otherwise.

scififan 2021-07-09 02:58

Apparently, after many years, some people still feel bitter about the character interaction in Nagi no Asu Kara. The theme of feeling betrayal is common in Okuda's work. Her inclination of this plot device can be summarized in her autobiography. Since this franchise has nothing to do with Okuda, I will stop here.

One of the major sponsors of White Sand is DMM Picture. DMM is known for selling digital content. It also has the acquarim in Okinawa. So, many speculates that this anime is promoting DMM Kariyushi Acquarium. The interior design is strikingly similar. However, many would remember DMM's acquarium has the neighbor, and it is the largest acquarium in Japan: Okinawa Churaumi Acquarium. The bigger size has better immersive experience, and is more attractive to the tourists.

Nachtwandler 2021-07-09 04:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by scififan (Post 6480147)
Apparently, after many years, some people still feel bitter about the character interaction in Nagi no Asu Kara. The theme of feeling betrayal is common in Okuda's work. Her inclination of this plot device can be summarized in her autobiography. Since this franchise has nothing to do with Okuda, I will stop here.

One of the major sponsors of White Sand is DMM Picture. DMM is known for selling digital content. It also has the acquarim in Okinawa. So, many speculates that this anime is promoting DMM Kariyushi Acquarium. The interior design is strikingly similar. However, many would remember DMM's acquarium has the neighbor, and it is the largest acquarium in Japan: Okinawa Churaumi Acquarium. The bigger size has better immersive experience, and is more attractive to the tourists.

Do you hate her so much that you butchered her surname twice? :heh:

Kanon 2021-07-09 07:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo (Post 6480097)
True Tears on line two.

There's always an exception.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:14.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.