AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

skyboy928 2011-06-24 12:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 3665476)
yeah, i think they could have done a better job with that plastic :P but oh well, i have the paint here so i wont complain^^

what i would probably find annoying about these GN condensor parts is that they limit the movability. you CAN pose it but you always have to use that mechanism...
and i dont mind if the pistons are missing^^ celestial being is too advanced for that kinda stuff XD

:heh: if you put it that way.
for me i love those little tiny part, when i put the feet and the leg together, i was like..... wait a minute, wasn't there was suppose to be something in between???

anyway, as long as i don't go out this weekend i should be able to finish this PG.

Sworra 2011-06-24 15:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 3665212)
i ordered MG deathscythe hell EW and the 1/144 ikaruga instead^^

When you get your Deathscythe Hell EW, Tell mw if they fixed the face guard defect?

Appel 2011-06-24 15:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sworra (Post 3665637)
When you get your Deathscythe Hell EW, Tell mw if they fixed the face guard defect?

sure will! thats what im interested in though, too... i woulndt be mad about it but still, it would be my real defect with a bandai kit^^

~Destiny~ 2011-06-24 21:13

Review of MG Epyon

Didn't know it was already out. Looks like Im gonna have to go shopping next week :heh:

Kuroi Hadou 2011-06-24 21:17

I'm going to have to buy two MG Epyons: One for MS Mode and one for Dragon Mode. :love:

Kitaeryu 2011-06-24 23:10

What exactly is wrong with the MG Deathscythe's faceplate? I've heard lots about it but never found out what it actually was... LOL

LoweGear 2011-06-24 23:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitaeryu (Post 3666086)
What exactly is wrong with the MG Deathscythe's faceplate? I've heard lots about it but never found out what it actually was... LOL

This. It's not that noticeable, but you can see something of a dent between the mouth vents.

Kuroi Hadou 2011-06-24 23:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoweGear (Post 3666104)
This. It's not that noticeable, but you can see something of a dent between the mouth vents.

I'm getting an error message.

LoweGear 2011-06-24 23:30

Image reuploaded:

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/a...ns/m141_11.jpg

skyboy928 2011-06-25 09:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoweGear (Post 3666111)

is that a common issue? i checked mine and i don't see anything....maybe i still don't quite get it :heh:

LoweGear 2011-06-25 09:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by skyboy928 (Post 3666631)
is that a common issue? i checked mine and i don't see anything....maybe i still don't quite get it :heh:

If the defect isn't there on your model, perhaps you've gotten the second production batch, which would have the defects from the first production batch rectified. It's similar to the situation with the "Phase Shit" decals on the MG Freedom's first production batch back in the day :heh:

Appel 2011-06-25 10:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoweGear (Post 3666634)
If the defect isn't there on your model, perhaps you've gotten the second production batch, which would have the defects from the first production batch rectified. It's similar to the situation with the "Phase Shit" decals on the MG Freedom's first production batch back in the day :heh:

it would surprise me if bandai would have waited a long time to fix an issue like that.
its just a very VERY tiny defect but still, ive really come to love the level of quality from bandais models^^ thats what surprised me the most about the revell voyager i have built, some parts were really bad. the panel lines are crooked ever so slightly at some places (it kinda looks like someone cut through clay with a swiss army knife :P), many pieces didnt come out of the mold well at all and some of the bigger pieces didnt fit well. i was really surprised about that since revell isnt exactly a small company :P

JMvS 2011-06-25 13:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 3666660)
it would surprise me if bandai would have waited a long time to fix an issue like that.
its just a very VERY tiny defect but still, ive really come to love the level of quality from bandais models^^ thats what surprised me the most about the revell voyager i have built, some parts were really bad. the panel lines are crooked ever so slightly at some places (it kinda looks like someone cut through clay with a swiss army knife :P), many pieces didnt come out of the mold well at all and some of the bigger pieces didnt fit well. i was really surprised about that since revell isnt exactly a small company :P

Thing is, western plamo technology is way behind the japanese's, plus, they won't discard old molds but continue to use them, simply repackaging the product.

Having done some airplane models while I was a teen, and looking at current productions, I can assure you that models which are 20 if not 30 years old keep being produced. And Revell is well known for doing that.

So it's most likely that your Voyager's mold is about 15 years old.

Appel 2011-06-25 13:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMvS (Post 3666788)
Thing is, western plamo technology is way behind the japanese's, plus, they won't discard old molds but continue to use them, simply repackaging the product.

Having done some airplane models while I was a teen, and looking at current productions, I can assure you that models which are 20 if not 30 years old keep being produced. And Revell is well known for doing that.

So it's most likely that your Voyager's mold is about 15 years old.

yeah, i figured as much :P
thats pretty lazy though but i didnt want to buy models like that again, anyway. ill stick to bandai from now on^^ gundams are way more awesome, anyway ;D
at least this model showed me how to use waterslide decals because it only came with those. so maybe ill get some for my gundams because they are way more userfriendly than stickers or dry transfers in my opinion! the ones from revell kinda didnt want to stick though in some places...

Appel 2011-06-26 09:56

sweet, i finally got to order 2 pairs of gatling guns for my MG unicorn! >=D i got them on ebay for 7 bucks a pair.
its probably just a cheap remold but thats nothing a bit of paint cant fix!

edit: oh yeah, there it is! the TT hongli logo^^ so yeah, totally a remold of the one that came with the unicorn novel. but i dont really care, TT has been doing some pretty good remolds as far as i know :P

SonicSP 2011-06-26 13:36

I bought MG 00 Raiser for RM210(US$70) the yesterday at a certain individual non-chain toy store yesterday. Then today I went to a retail store (Parkson Grand) and out of curiosity checked the toy section and found it selling for RM330(US$110).

Wow, big difference. I know the gunplas in Malaysia at retail chain stores are always sold higher than the individual toy shops and all, but not that much higher. More than a 50% increase. Also saw HG 00 Raiser Condenser Type being sold there for RM110(US$36.60) there, which I know is quite steep.

Appel 2011-06-26 14:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonicSP (Post 3667947)
I bought MG 00 Raiser for RM210(US$70) the yesterday at a certain individual non-chain toy store yesterday. Then today I went to a retail store (Parkson Grand) and out of curiosity checked the toy section and found it selling for RM330(US$110).

Wow, big difference. I know the gunplas in Malaysia at retail chain stores are always sold higher than the individual toy shops and all, but not that much higher. More than a 50% increase. Also saw HG 00 Raiser Condenser Type being sold there for RM110(US$36.60) there, which I know is quite steep.

oh that was a pretty good deal^^ its a pretty bad comparison because i live a lot further away from japan but even before taxes mine was still more expensive than your OO.
but i generally envy people who can just walk into a shop to pick up a master grade kit :(

Sworra 2011-06-26 15:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 3667983)
oh that was a pretty good deal^^ its a pretty bad comparison because i live a lot further away from japan but even before taxes mine was still more expensive than your OO.
but i generally envy people who can just walk into a shop to pick up a master grade kit :(

I have that luxury from where i live, but gunpla isn't popular here and there are only 1 to 2 stores that sell them in a city about 1 million people and they have there prices sky rocketed.. So i can see what pain you have to go through, im glad for the internet and online shopping.

Appel 2011-06-26 15:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sworra (Post 3668046)
I have that luxury from where i live, but gunpla isn't popular here and there are only 1 to 2 stores that sell them in a city about 1 million people and they have there prices sky rocketed.. So i can see what pain you have to go through, im glad for the internet and online shopping.

yeah, im glad for that, too... but id be willing to pay a little extra at a local store, i hate to wait for a package to arrive^^

Kuroi Hadou 2011-06-26 15:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 3668049)
i hate to wate for a package to arrive^^

That's what EMS is for. :p