AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

Knight-of-Gold 2013-05-21 16:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by suiton629 (Post 4691186)
So about that online exclusive Launcher/Sword Striker pack..

I've heard the mold is the exact same as the old MG kit, but they include some decals and they darkened the shade of the plastic color.

Is that true? I was expecting Bandai to remold the parts considering they're selling it as an online exclusive.

Oh and you think we'll see a MG Aile Strike Rouge RM Ver. any time soon? I mean it'd just be a color swap of the MG Aile Strike RM Ver.

Yes it is true so people who have an old MG strike with these packs can just swap them to the new MG Strike kit.
The fact that they are online exclusive also implies they are remolds.
Bandai have never and will never sell an item on the premium online store that consists of 100% newly molded parts.
They only ever go as far as a new weapon as long as it is released with a recoloured kit (crossbone X2, Green Marasai) or a slight mold change like Tallgeese 2's head.

suiton629 2013-05-21 16:58

So the online exclusive Striker Packs are new molds? O_o
People have been telling me Bandai is just reusing the molds.

Knight-of-Gold 2013-05-21 17:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by suiton629 (Post 4691195)
So the online exclusive Striker Packs are new molds? O_o
People have been telling me Bandai is just reusing the molds.

Can you not read? I said they are remolds of the existing packs.

Skye629 2013-05-21 18:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knight-of-Gold (Post 4691243)
Can you not read? I said they are remolds of the existing packs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knight-of-Gold (Post 4691193)
Yes it is true so people who have an old MG strike with these packs can just swap them to the new MG Strike kit.
The fact that they are online exclusive also implies they are remolds.
Bandai have never and will never sell an item on the premium online store that consists of 100% newly molded parts.
They only ever go as far as a new weapon as long as it is released with a recoloured kit (crossbone X2, Green Marasai) or a slight mold change like Tallgeese 2's head.

You are confusing him with this part

Knight-of-Gold 2013-05-21 18:37

I cant see how anyone cant understand.....
The next line I state that Bandai has never EVER released a 100% newly molded kit as an exclusive.
Even the RG wings of light box wont contain 100% new parts, there is an action base 2 with it.
There always has to be something old packaged with an online exclusive.

suiton629 2013-05-21 18:38

Exactly.

1. The mold of the older Launcher/Sword packs fit but Bandai never confirmed if it was a totally new mold or just a recoloring and inclusion of some new decals.

2. You said "implies" which doesn't indicate concrete information.

3. Regardless of it being online exclusive, or not, Bandai has before reused a mold. The MG Tallgeese EW and the MG Tallgeese II (online exclusive) is a good example. But then again, the mold is pretty damn new.

What I suggest most people here to do, is to try to be less confusing and make your point. When you said, "implies they are remolds" it just adds to the confusion since you apparently was trying to say they were actually new molds, whereas in your original comment you said that it implies.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knight-of-Gold (Post 4691292)
I cant see how anyone cant understand.....
The next line I state that Bandai has never EVER released a 100% newly molded kit as an exclusive.
Even the RG wings of light box wont contain 100% new parts, there is an action base 2 with it.
There always has to be something old packaged with an online exclusive.

You're comparing an Action Base to a GunPla kit? :confused:
It doesn't work that way buddy.

Knight-of-Gold 2013-05-21 19:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by suiton629 (Post 4691295)
Exactly.

1. The mold of the older Launcher/Sword packs fit but Bandai never confirmed if it was a totally new mold or just a recoloring and inclusion of some new decals.

2. You said "implies" which doesn't indicate concrete information.

3. Regardless of it being online exclusive, or not, Bandai has before reused a mold. The MG Tallgeese EW and the MG Tallgeese II (online exclusive) is a good example. But then again, the mold is pretty damn new.

What I suggest most people here to do, is to try to be less confusing and make your point. When you said, "implies they are remolds" it just adds to the confusion since you apparently was trying to say they were actually new molds, whereas in your original comment you said that it implies.



You're comparing an Action Base to a GunPla kit? :confused:
It doesn't work that way buddy.

It has been confirmed by Derringer who has direct communications with Bandai's hobby department that the striker packs are just remolds.

The action base 2 was an example that no online exclusive release has gone without using old parts from something, regardless if they are a full kit or peripherals.

I will reiterate my previous statement. There is no online exclusive release that consists of 100% new parts.

suiton629 2013-05-22 06:10

Remold
- reusing old parts
OR
- redoing the parts

Which do you mean?

Knight-of-Gold 2013-05-22 07:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by suiton629 (Post 4691905)
Remold
- reusing old parts
OR
- redoing the parts

Which do you mean?

Ah sorry, to clarify: Remold is the term used for just molding the same parts again.
Colour variation kits are called remolds by most people as they are the exact same parts but bandai just use different colour plastic.
The striker pack set for the MG Strike Remaster is a remold, same old parts just with a slightly different colour plastic.
The Strike RM was designed to work with all old MG Strike weapon packs, such as the Noir pack, IWSP and obvious launcher/sword packs.

suiton629 2013-05-22 07:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knight-of-Gold (Post 4691966)
Ah sorry, to clarify: Remold is the term used for just molding the same parts again.
Colour variation kits are called remolds by most people as they are the exact same parts but bandai just use different colour plastic.
The striker pack set for the MG Strike Remaster is a remold, same old parts just with a slightly different colour plastic.
The Strike RM was designed to work with all old MG Strike weapon packs, such as the Noir pack, IWSP and obvious launcher/sword packs.

Ok. Now I get what you're saying. It's a shame that Bandai didn't do an actual RM Ver. for the online exclusive Launcher/Sword Striker Pack, and instead just recolored the parts and I think included some additional decals.

Zeydra 2013-05-22 08:26

I think bandai's approach to the sword/launcher is fantastic, it means people like me can just buy the old set and still get a perfect strike without breaking our bank accounts.

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2013-05-22 08:31

One of my favorite Gundams from SEED universe finally appears!

Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)
But the V-fin is ridiculously too long compared to the original design :(.

Anyway, I think maknaedik won't miss this one :D.

_______
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeydra (Post 4692057)
I think bandai's approach to the sword/launcher is fantastic, it means people like me can just buy the old set and still get a perfect strike without breaking our bank accounts.

Isn’t the old MG Strike Sword/Launcher set’s price still more expensive than the Exclusive Sword/Launcher pack? :confused:

Zeydra 2013-05-22 08:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 4692070)
Didnít the old MG Strike Sword/Launcher setís price is still more expensive than the Exclusive Sword/Launcher pack? :confused:

Maybe, but i honestly doubt after the price hike due to being a online exclusive item there will be much, if any, difference.

Skye629 2013-05-22 14:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 4692070)
One of my favorite Gundams from SEED universe finally appears!

Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)
But the V-fin is ridiculously too long compared to the original design :(.

Anyway, I think maknaedik won't miss this one :D.

_______
Isnít the old MG Strike Sword/Launcher setís price still more expensive than the Exclusive Sword/Launcher pack? :confused:

Bleh we need a model kit of this (3 potential models, this, its variant, and the Out Frame)

suiton629 2013-05-22 15:18

Not likely IMO.
I think MG Aile Strike Rouge RM is more likely.

Providenceangle 2013-05-22 15:27

Man I had to lol so hard at the old strike review. I thought robbert had the RM. I was like "Why does this look like a HG from 2002" Durrp lol.

suiton629 2013-05-22 15:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Providenceangle (Post 4692548)
Man I had to lol so hard at the old strike review. I thought robbert had the RM. I was like "Why does this look like a HG from 2002" Durrp lol.

I believe he's doing this to prepare us for his RM Ver. review. =P Such a tease...

Appel 2013-05-22 15:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by suiton629 (Post 4692555)
I believe he's doing this to prepare us for his RM Ver. review. =P Such a tease...

I like it! He didn't review that version yet and making reviews for both makes a comparison easier for him. Not to mention that I like it because I own the original MG Aile Strike and want to know his opinion on it^^

As for the Testament, yeah. A MG kit of that would be really awesome.

suiton629 2013-05-22 16:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 4692574)
I like it! He didn't review that version yet and making reviews for both makes a comparison easier for him. Not to mention that I like it because I own the original MG Aile Strike and want to know his opinion on it^^

As for the Testament, yeah. A MG kit of that would be really awesome.

Same here. But then again, I don't care since I never had any MG Strike kits and I order 4x of the RM Ver. of the Aile Strike Master Grade along with the online exclusive Launcher/Sword striker packs.

But I'm still excited to see rrobbert's review on the RM Ver. I think he'll get it within a week or so.

helois 2013-05-22 17:07

ok, founded a place where by Aegis,Red Frame and Sword Impulse..

but i've to find a free time to put money on the card and purchase them.. :(

i go out at 7:30 and come back home at 19:00..

there is no night service in post office! XD


also Testament(too many reds lately.. XD )is fine,but if i'have to choose in Seed&co, i like Rosso Aegis..
if i love normal Aegis,i adore Rosso Aegis..


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:29.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.