AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

StrikeFreedomV2 2013-11-24 10:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shinobi2013 (Post 4920406)
Compare to those MG kits you have mentioned, V2 Gundam is totally different from V Gundam both design and transformation.:argue:

He never watched V Gundam. He's just spouting BS. You and I and the rest on this forum know that the V and the V2 can't possibly use the same frame. Maybe some small parts, but frame needs ti be different

RX93-2 2013-11-24 12:09

I am starting to think he is just a very elaborate form of performance art.

To keep this post slightly on-topic I'd probably buy a GX Maoh, but my heart this year is all about MG turn X

Knight-of-Gold 2013-11-24 12:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by suiton629 (Post 4920381)
Difference? You need to learn to be more careful with how you read things.

1. Most of the Seed MGs are disappointments. The ones from MG Aile Strike RM, Aegis, Buster, Duel Assault Shroud, Blitz, Strike Ootori. Those are the good ones. I dislike the older ones which is why I think they should 'remaster' them.

2. The Wing kits suck. The MG Wing EW line is what I really like, minus the Wing EW which needs a remastering and the Wing Zero Custom which needs a remastering.

When I said that they would reuse the V Gundam's frame for the V2, I am implying that Bandai loves to reuse when it'd be ideal for them to remold or at least change up here and there.

Don't make accusations.

I dont need to learn to read things.
You clearly said "Yea and watch Bandai disappoint by reusing the older MG V Gundam's frame.". So you implied that re-using frames is a disappointing thing. Yet that is exactly what the new Seed MGs do and what the Wing EW kits do. You even mentioned (many annoying times) that you want bandai to make a ZGMF frame so they could re-use it.

You only ever think old=bad. You dont know anything about quality of the engineering. You are just a delusional fool that cannot create a consistent train of thought.
You say HGs are a waste of time yet you previously mentioned ordering almost every HG00 kit in a big order from gundam planet.
You said you bought more SDs recently despite the fact that you already did that before.
Stop spouting so much BS all the time. Nobody likes it.

StrikeFreedomV2 2013-11-24 12:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knight-of-Gold (Post 4920513)
I dont need to learn to read things.
You clearly said "Yea and watch Bandai disappoint by reusing the older MG V Gundam's frame.". So you implied that re-using frames is a disappointing thing. Yet that is exactly what the new Seed MGs do and what the Wing EW kits do. You even mentioned (many annoying times) that you want bandai to make a ZGMF frame so they could re-use it.

You only ever think old=bad. You dont know anything about quality of the engineering. You are just a delusional fool that cannot create a consistent train of thought.
You say HGs are a waste of time yet you previously mentioned ordering almost every HG00 kit in a big order from gundam planet.
You said you bought more SDs recently despite the fact that you already did that before.
Stop spouting so much BS all the time. Nobody likes it.

MG Exia R2 is also re-using an older frame. By his "logic" this is dissapointing as well

suiton629 2013-11-24 12:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 (Post 4920525)
MG Exia R2 is also re-using an older frame. By his "logic" this is dissapointing as well

It is disappointing since I thought they would at least give the finger swapping hands, but because something is disappointing doesn't mean I wouldn't buy it; especially if it's something I really want.

And EVERYONE knows how much I've been wanting a MG Exia R2.

Same applies to like (for example) MG Freedom. I would buy it, but what's stopping me is the potential for an RM Ver. considering that:

a. it's a popular design
b. Bandai has been doing them
.
.
Selling some GunPla again..

HG Age-2 Normal SP Ver.
eBay Item Number: 141124548117

HG Legilis Memory of Eden Ver.
eBay Item Number: 141124549548

Just wanted to ask if these were fair.

Knight-of-Gold 2013-11-24 15:46

Nope, not fair prices at all.
Nobody wants to pay such high prices for a HG kit regardless if its limited edition. They would rather paint a normal one than throw away money.
It would be cheaper to buy 2 HGs, spray paints and some nice hobby supplies than one of your kits.

suiton629 2013-11-24 15:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knight-of-Gold (Post 4920729)
Nope, not fair prices at all.
Nobody wants to pay such high prices for a HG kit regardless if its limited edition. They would rather paint a normal one than throw away money.
It would be cheaper to buy 2 HGs, spray paints and some nice hobby supplies than one of your kits.

Well I think they're fairly priced for how rare they are and compared to the other seller on eBay that is charging more and also charging shipping.

So they'd get charged more money and wait longer as opposed to if you bought from my listing.

Regardless, I gave people the option to message me an offer if they waned to buy it.

StrikeFreedomV2 2013-11-24 16:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by suiton629 (Post 4920734)
Well I think they're fairly priced for how rare they are and compared to the other seller on eBay that is charging more and also charging shipping.

So they'd get charged more money and wait longer as opposed to if you bought from my listing.

Regardless, I gave people the option to message me an offer if they waned to buy it.

If you think they are fairly priced, why even ask for an opinion if you disregard them anyway? :eyebrow:

Skye629 2013-11-24 18:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by suiton629 (Post 4920235)
Exceptions to the rule; especially since how niche of a fanbase they both have. What you're listing out is mainstream series.

Wing EW, Unicorn, Age (sort of?), Seed HD, Seed Destiny HD, 00 (apparently with RG Exia and MG Exia R2), Build Fighter, Thunderbolt, and Origins.

I think those are the current 'relevant' series.

That too. Problem is that most companies large enough to have 'upper management' is filled up with old farts that like to do things traditionally and follow traditional business decisions.

Quote:

Originally Posted by suiton629 (Post 4920241)
I think the 'All Gundam Project' refers to releasing or re-releasing lead suits in HG. I'd rather spend the extra money and get a few MGs and few RGs (some SDs here and there), than just buy a crap ton of HGs.

And grunt suits.. I expect a few regular releases and a lot of online exclusives. Bandai seems to love online exclusives these days.

Not like they haven't done it before...

HG 1/144 Aile Strike Gundam HD Remaster (Release Date: Nov 2011, Price: 1,200)

HG 1/144 Aile Strike Gundam (Release Date: Feb 2014, Price: 1,365)

Yea. They'll do it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by suiton629 (Post 4920256)
Everything in life has risk. Just be careful and take your time with all GunPla.

Quote:

Originally Posted by suiton629 (Post 4920271)
1. All true. But again, I'd rather spend money on 1 MG (for example) than multiple HGs, and take my time building it.

2. In other words, the 'remaster' is just a recoloring with parts for the Action Base. Now that 'new' HG Aile Strike that is an actual new mold is the biggest slap across HG Seed fans.

Silly. In that case, I would always suggest you get the MG Aile Strike RM Ver. over the other. Sure a little more expensive but worth it.
It's like saying you'd rather eat generic pain relief medication that is cheaper than like Advil or Tylenol, but 'worth the price' since you can buy more of it at a lesser price. Maybe not as effective, but 'decent' enough to get the job 'decently' done.

Quote:

Originally Posted by suiton629 (Post 4920381)
Difference? You need to learn to be more careful with how you read things.

1. Most of the Seed MGs are disappointments. The ones from MG Aile Strike RM, Aegis, Buster, Duel Assault Shroud, Blitz, Strike Ootori. Those are the good ones. I dislike the older ones which is why I think they should 'remaster' them.

2. The Wing kits suck. The MG Wing EW line is what I really like, minus the Wing EW which needs a remastering and the Wing Zero Custom which needs a remastering.

When I said that they would reuse the V Gundam's frame for the V2, I am implying that Bandai loves to reuse when it'd be ideal for them to remold or at least change up here and there.

Don't make accusations.

Quote:

Originally Posted by suiton629 (Post 4920734)
Well I think they're fairly priced for how rare they are and compared to the other seller on eBay that is charging more and also charging shipping.

So they'd get charged more money and wait longer as opposed to if you bought from my listing.

Regardless, I gave people the option to message me an offer if they waned to buy it.


Someone give me an estimate on how much brain cells I lost just now, especially on the comparison to pain medicine

Suiton, NEVER NEVER NEVER EVER compare medicine and health to a hobby, people will ALWAYS pay more to keep themselves healthy

A better comparison would be getting a cheap car that gets the job done for its price, or you can pay higher for a nice sport car that gets the same job done, but its way nicer

See how EASY it is to come up with a effective comparison?




And Bandai, gimme my MG Gundam Mk.V!!! (thats at least 3 suits with that frame)

Blazer-X 2013-11-24 20:35

Don't want to go too off-topic here, but just want to point this out (because it urks me as someone in the health industry): The comparison to medicine is not only bad because people need it. It is also very inaccurate. Generics are ALMOST ALWAYS as effective as the brand name. Their low cost isn't because generic manufacturers "added less useful things to make them cheaper". Their low cost is because generic manufacturers don't need to waste millions of dollar on decades of research. They just copy what the brand already have. Just want to get bit that cleared up.

*ahem*

But yeah, Suiton. Go ahead and buy all your online exclusives and expensive Bandai kits. After all, without "hardcore" fans like yourself, how else could Bandai fund so many exclusives?

ZeroXSEED 2013-11-24 21:25

^ True that

Also, I think I'll refrain from Buying Build Strike. The short talk with Obelisk yesterday, and finishing Destiny today made me understood the reason why old SEED Kits are considered terrible in proportion. (even if they have nice details)

On the other hand, that means more money for tons of booster :p

~Destiny~ 2013-11-24 21:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED (Post 4921005)
^ True that

Also, I think I'll refrain from Buying Build Strike. The short talk with Obelisk yesterday, and finishing Destiny today made me understood the reason why old SEED Kits are considered terrible in proportion. (even if they have nice details)

On the other hand, that means more money for tons of booster :p

Why would Seed kits being bad stop you from buying Build Strike?:uhoh:

ZeroXSEED 2013-11-24 21:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Destiny~ (Post 4921018)
Why would Seed kits being bad stop you from buying Build Strike?:uhoh:

Maybe because I want uniformity :p

And like I said, gave me more incentives to buy tons of booster packs (1 HG = 2 Boosters) so either way, Bandai still get my money.

RAVNEN 2013-11-24 22:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skye629 (Post 4920880)
And Bandai, gimme my MG Gundam Mk.V!!! (thats at least 3 suits with that frame)

I second this, MG Gundam Mk.V would be a nice kit to display alongside other "villain" gunpla. A HGUC release would satisfied me, not so sure about the Robot Damashii version. Some reviewer say it has a bad ankle problem....

Shinobi2013 2013-11-24 23:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED (Post 4921005)
^ True that

Also, I think I'll refrain from Buying Build Strike. The short talk with Obelisk yesterday, and finishing Destiny today made me understood the reason why old SEED Kits are considered terrible in proportion. (even if they have nice details)

On the other hand, that means more money for tons of booster :p


The HG Strike Freedom which came out later than HG Destiny I think is also bad proportion wise but atleast better than the NG 1/100 counterpart, it's also a great deal since it comes with an effect parts for Dragoon system.

Appel 2013-11-25 02:11

Just picked up my PG Strike Freedom from the customs office. Had to pay 18€, bloody bloodsuckers >__>
Either way, gonna paint the frame and some other pieces after work today and then I'll start builing it tomorow^^

suiton629 2013-11-25 06:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 4921181)
Just picked up my PG Strike Freedom from the customs office. Had to pay 18, bloody bloodsuckers >__>
Either way, gonna paint the frame and some other pieces after work today and then I'll start builing it tomorow^^

I would've bought something big like that from a domestic seller. They always rip you off at customs.

Regardless, now you can finally enjoy it.

firefox 2013-11-25 07:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 4921181)
Just picked up my PG Strike Freedom from the customs office. Had to pay 18€, bloody bloodsuckers >__>
Either way, gonna paint the frame and some other pieces after work today and then I'll start builing it tomorow^^

Only 18 euro for a PG? They can't count in your country, lol

That's cheap dealing with customs!

suiton629 2013-11-25 07:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by firefox (Post 4921360)
Only 18 euro for a PG? They can't count in your country, lol

That's cheap dealing with customs!

Regardless. It was still an extra expense.
I would've checked local hobby shops and gotten it there or at least order online from a site that is based in your country.

Appel 2013-11-25 07:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by suiton629 (Post 4921339)
I would've bought something big like that from a domestic seller. They always rip you off at customs.

Regardless, now you can finally enjoy it.

Easier said than done when they don't sell stuff like that here in Germany a whole lot. I only know one online store that has the PG Strike Freedom and there it's always out of stock.
Also, you have to pay for customs anyway, no matter where you buy it. The store you buy the kits from had to import the kits as well afterall! To make up for that they put the shipping and customs fees onto the price of the model.
The PG Strike Freedom costs 20.000 Yen at HLJ for example. That's 145 or $196. But when at the German online store it costs 320 or $432! Twice as much as the price as HLJ!
If I ordered the PG Strike Freedom from HLJ it would cost about 240 or $322 including EMS shipping and customs fees. So the price of the German store includes the price of the kit itself, shipping to Germany to their warehouse, customs fees that they had to pay for the delivery and roughly 80 bucks on top for them as profit (they probably make more profit then that when they buy the models in bulk). Because if they sold it to me for 240 they wouldn't make any money with the whole thing.

So yeah, depending on shipping costs it's always cheaper to order from Japan, even if you have to pay for customs.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:23.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.