AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Chuunibyou (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=126)
-   -   Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai! - Episode 5 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=115911)

Kairin 2012-10-30 17:57

Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai! - Episode 5 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!, Episode 5.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

ultimatemegax 2012-10-31 08:28

Episode 5 PV:

Episode 5 preview translations:
Official site: No matter how you look at it, you can't say the Far East Magical Nap Society of Summer is participating in wholesome activities. Now, a crisis has come that threatens to dissolve their circle. The cause: Rikka obtained a grade so notably low on her math test. The teacher believes the circle is to blame for her low grade, so unless Rikka's grade improves on the next math test, the Far East Magical Nap Society of Summer will be disbanded.

BS 11: Rikka cannot escape the world of zeros. She's already become accustomed to the number popping up like a monster whenever a chance occurs. Thus, Rikka endeavors in training in order to suppress it from appearing. Will she be able to banish this zero monster?

Episode 5 production sketches/translation. We've actually seen these points previously, so I'm not spoiler tagging them.
http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/g...egax/1-1-5.jpg
Nanase Tsukumo: Just from hearing how she speaks, you'd think she's just an airhead. As you realize how things progressed, you see she's a worthy tactician.
http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/g...emegax/2-5.jpg
Tsukumo-sensei's desk: A pleasant aroma drifts in the air creating a pleasant atmosphere around her desk.

rulfo 2012-10-31 11:11

missed half of the show...

will rewatch again..

All I got to say to sum up the second half of the episode.

Spoiler:

RRW 2012-10-31 11:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by rulfo (Post 4420260)
missed half of the show...

will rewatch again..

All I got to say to sum up the second half of the episode.

Spoiler:

http://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/.../fmb-42499.gif

kimpleng 2012-10-31 11:42

Dark Flame Master appear with Zero voice, then....
That last scene. That smile!!
I need some oxygen.

LoweGear 2012-10-31 11:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by RRW (Post 4420286)

My Heart, oh My Heart... :love::love::love:

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/a...cros/UDBUP.jpg

rulfo 2012-10-31 12:03

Ohh... Too late.. I was about to say spoiler that since subs aren't out yet.

Anyway thanks for the gif.

Seihai 2012-10-31 12:16

It's probably just me but the "fail the next test and have your club disbanded" actually reminded me of K-ON! .

Kaoru Chujo 2012-10-31 12:46

2channel agrees with AnimeSuki about that last image of Rikka. "Fantastic!" "Angel." "How did Rikka get this cute?" "Many KyoAni fans were slain by that scene."

Various people said that the chuuni aspect was reduced. Some regretted it, and said it made this just another love comedy. Others said Rikka was cuter when she was more straightforward. Last episode was Nibutani's, but Rikka took over again this time around.

I thought Uchida Maaya's plaintive first "What can we do?" (Dou shiyou?) when they came out of the staff office was very effective. The switch of attitude it implied was the key to the episode, and the way it turned the show in the direction mentioned by the director and writer in the interviews posted earlier.

I also liked the fact that Yuuta was willing to do a Dark Flame Master move for Rikka (to her great delight). They are reaching out in each other's direction.

rulfo 2012-10-31 12:52

^^ Well that last part really was a killer. Anyway this really was meant to be a romcom. It wasn't flat out comedy. Though I can get the idea if someone just completely didn't bother to check the shows basic background. The first four episodes were pure comedy gold. However isn't checking the genre a standard procedure?

Anyway something regarding past theory(?) which contains a portion of ep 5
Spoiler for something I've noticed:

ChronoReverse 2012-10-31 12:57

I'm 100% convinced Rikka already likes Yuuta. But I've been all for a Rikka and Yuuta pairup since episode 3's feeding the riceball scene.

Plus Rikka is very insistent that Yuuta calls her Rikka instead of Takanashi.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo (Post 4420362)
2channel agrees with AnimeSuki about that last image of Rikka. "Fantastic!" "Angel." "How did Rikka get this cute?" "Many KyoAni fans were slain by that scene."

Yes, I was quite slain by Rikka there.

Also, am I the only one who finds Yuuta in his DARK FLAME MASTER persona pretty cool? I'm totally with Rikka here that he should slip back into that mode.

houkoholic 2012-10-31 13:06

It was a nice episode of first-half hilarity and second-half heart warming, though personally I prefer the first half because the second half was kinda going in a predictable direction, although it was nice to see all sorts of Yuuta/Rikka shipping flags being raised in the process.

The bombshell for this episode was that Deko-chan is actually the smartest of them all - being the top student of her year and already secured a placement in the senior year. Her triumphant villian-like "gefufu" laugh in response to this revelation was absolutely hilarious.

rulfo 2012-10-31 13:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChronoReverse (Post 4420366)
Plus Rikka is very insistent that Yuuta calls her Rikka instead of Takanashi.

Oh God.. I forgot about this...

I wanna rewatch/browse the old episodes, but I'm kinda dead this day. Has Yuuta called her by her given name yet or is it just Takanashi without the honorifics and stuff?

Shadow5YA 2012-10-31 13:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by houkoholic (Post 4420372)
The bombshell for this episode was that Deko-chan is actually the smartest of them all - being the top student of her year and already secured a placement in the senior year. Her triumphant villian-like "gefufu" laugh in response to this revelation was absolutely hilarious.

I'm not too surprised about that. She showed some of her cleverness in episode 4 when she already prepared for the cases where Mori Summer's writings on the internet were removed or if she lost the book.

rulfo 2012-10-31 13:15

That sits more on the lines of being cunning than academically smart.

ChronoReverse 2012-10-31 13:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by rulfo (Post 4420380)

irrefutable proof that she's smart:
http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/241...emo20koi20.jpg

SWIRLY GLASSES!

houkoholic 2012-10-31 13:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by rulfo (Post 4420380)

Yep, that's just being street smart on her part.

The real bombshell is that Deko-chan is academically smart, especially her mathematics ability of which she's already finished the middle school curriculum and is beyond the first year high schoolers in the club.

Kaoru Chujo 2012-10-31 13:38

Uesaka Sumire's fast-talking lines as Dekomori in the pool were funny. And I love the fact that she's academically smart, which the swirly glasses indeed hinted at, lol.

I liked the way Yuuta was made to look away a bit when Rikka promised the teacher she would be serious starting the next day. A very KyoAni little touch, adding cost, visual interest, and humour at the same time.

And even though Nibutani is not that nice a character, her alternation of snide sarcasm and total defeat are funny, and there is just something about Akasaki Chinatsu's voice that pleases me.

I also have to mention how great a job Inoue Kikuko is doing with the teacher. Couldn't be more effective, with that exaggerated sweetness hiding a crafty soul.

monir 2012-10-31 13:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo (Post 4420409)
I also have to mention how great a job Inoue Kikuko is doing with the teacher. Couldn't be more effective, with that exaggerated sweetness hiding a crafty soul.

To sum up what Kaoru said with less eloquence, yes I agree that her milf-disposition as a teacher constantly tugs at my heart string.

Nicely done, Kaoru! :D

tsunade666 2012-10-31 14:46

this episode is totally overkill. It could kill someone with a heart stroke.

Too much moe scene specially the scene with Yuuta and Rika. Character development for those two and an unexpected smart one on dekomori.

From the beginning till the end. Rika is just plain moe overload :D from the

Rikka:Yuuta doshio? that eyes! that face! that puppy dog eyes!!!! hnggg!!!!!

and also the last scene totally hit home run.