AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Light Novels (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=157)
-   -   Eromanga-sensei [Light Novel] (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=122828)

omimon 2013-11-09 13:37

Eromanga-sensei [Light Novel]

http://i.imgur.com/HUXKIfp.jpg

The official website for Kadokawa's Dengeki Bunko novel imprint unveiled the details and an illustration for Oreimo author Tsukasa Fushimi's upcoming light novel, Ero Manga Sensei - Imōto to Akazu no Ma (Ero Manga Sensei - My Little Sister and the Locked Room). As with Oreimo (Ore no Imoto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai), Hiro Kanzaki will once again draw the illustrations for Ero Manga Sensei.

The "new sibling romantic comedy" revolves around Masamune Izumi, a light novel author in high school. Masamune's little sister is Sagiri, a shut-in girl who hasn't left her room for an entire year. She even forces her brother to make and bring her meals when she stomps the floor. Masamune wants his sister to leave her room, because the two of them are each other's only family.

Masamune's novel illustrator, penname “Ero Manga Sensei,” draws extremely perverted drawings, and is very reliable. Masamune had never met his illustrator, and figured he was just a disgusting, perverted otaku. However, the truth is revealed … that his “Ero Manga Sensei” is his own younger sister! To add to the chaos that erupts between the siblings, a beautiful, female, best-selling shōjo manga creator becomes their rival!

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...novel-outlined

Opinion: I'm willing to bet that by the end of the series the two of them will be in each other's pants.

Miraluka 2013-11-09 13:43

There won't be any problems as long as Sagari doesn't behaves like a jerk, something that made people hate Kirino.

blackwhite67 2013-11-09 14:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miraluka (Post 4902728)
There won't be any problems as long as Sagari doesn't behaves like a jerk, something that made people hate Kirino.

I agree. I've grown tired of tsundere imouto's and this one looks like the cute type.

Flower 2013-11-09 14:49

:heh:

I got tired of tsunderes (esp the violent ones) a looooong time ago.

That being said, all this does not look like my cup of tea at all, but I wonder if the author will "learn" from whatever "mistakes" they saw in the earlier OreImouto series or will continue to "ride on the coattails" of the former?

blitz1/2 2013-11-09 14:52

With those facial expressions, i can foresee ANOTHER tsundere, although not as violent as Kirino.

blackwhite67 2013-11-09 14:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by blitz1/2 (Post 4902810)
With those facial expressions, i can foresee ANOTHER tsundere, although not as violent as Kirino.

Actually, I'd be fine with a tsundere as long as she's not some violent gorilla.

Frontier 2013-11-09 15:49

It doesn't look like the author's branching out that much after Oreimo :heh:.

Densetsuhakai 2013-11-09 15:55

Nice artwork so far, I really like the art style of Hiro Kanzaki. It seems like the heroine will be a tsundere again,which I love btw.(tsundere ftw!)
Story sounds pretty interesting to me. I just hope they will take a more serious approach to the incest theme this time. OreImo was overall a good series but the ending was kinda disappointing because it was so ambiguous (though pretty much everyone knows that the relationship of the siblings is not over :D). Anyway looking forward to this one. :)

blackwhite67 2013-11-09 16:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frontier (Post 4902862)
It doesn't look like the author's branching out that much after Oreimo :heh:.

Yeah. Did you notice the characters are in the same pose as Kirino and Kyousuke?

Okashira 2013-11-09 16:27

Hmnnn... What actually interests me is that "they are their only family" bit; in Oreimo one of the things that struck me the most was that the characters "held back" a lot when faced "against society" and a big part of that was how the parents saw them; which gave that "your true self vs public self" typical of a closet otaku, which to me was the whole point of the series in the beginning.

I feel like this could take some very different directions thanks to that. I would like it if the undermined goal of the series was to "build a family" via the siblings gaining and meeting people that they can trust, rely and confide in (aka "friends").

Baseless prediction : The shoujo author will fall in love with the imouto rather than the nii-san :heh:

Shadow5YA 2013-11-09 19:18

More than OreImo, the premise sounds too similar to "Onii-chan dakedo Ai sae Areba Kankeinai yo ne!" In both cases you have a male protagonist who is a light novel author with a younger sister as a love interest.

winhlp32 2013-11-09 20:00

Umm...ANN seems to have left out something crucial from the Japanese synopsis...

http://dengekibunko.dengeki.com/newr...4-04-866081-5/

Spoiler for left out from ANN synopsis:

blackwhite67 2013-11-09 20:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by winhlp32 (Post 4903145)
Umm...ANN seems to have left out something crucial from the Japanese synopsis...

http://dengekibunko.dengeki.com/newr...4-04-866081-5/

Spoiler for left out from ANN synopsis:

It seems so! Looks like the author's learned from his mistake with Oreimo. We can definitely look forward to some wincest.

Densetsuhakai 2013-11-09 20:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackwhite67 (Post 4903152)
It seems so! Looks like the author's learned from his mistake with Oreimo. We can definitely look forward to some wincest.

Uhmm..... you know it's not wincest if they aren't related. :twitch:

Well, it doesn't mean that they aren't related by blood. We don't know their family circumstances (especially their parents) yet. Maybe they are half-sister/brother or the parents didn't live together before they died,separating the siblings for almost their whole life or something like that.

chaotix37 2013-11-09 20:38

Im expecting butthurt people when they have to read his works.

Miraluka 2013-11-09 20:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Densetsuhakai (Post 4903161)
Uhmm..... you know it's not wincest if they aren't related. :twitch:

Well, it doesn't mean that they aren't related by blood. We don't know their family circumstances (especially their parents) yet. Maybe they are half-sister/brother or the parents didn't live together before they died,separating the siblings for almost their whole life or something like that.

Or maybe they are cousins.

Just don't have your hopes up, Dengeki B. always plays safe with the incest theme.

Mystic_Vegetto 2013-11-10 02:56

Looking forward to it. Just 1 month to go. :D

Densetsuhakai 2013-11-10 05:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miraluka (Post 4903199)
Or maybe they are cousins.

Just don't have your hopes up, Dengeki B. always plays safe with the incest theme.

Yeah, that's true. I don't understand why they cover their eyes and pretend that incest doesn't exist. I mean we all know it's out there and we know that Anime and Manga are both fiction. So why forbid incest in fiction while it's perfectly fine when highschool dudes are punching each other their brains out or when a dumb highschool student suddenly got himself a harem around him? Japan is certainly strange in this matter. :D

Sakuratsuki 2013-11-10 05:45

The things I enjoyed the most in Oreimo are the conversations between the characters and the comedy. If this story has the same things, I'm already happy.

The main plot looks interesting.

blade82 2013-11-11 07:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by omimon (Post 4902718)
To add to the chaos that erupts between the siblings, a beautiful, female, best-selling shōjo manga creator becomes their rival!

is there a picture of her?