AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   The last of us (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=108887)

Zexas 2011-12-11 00:06

The Last of Us

http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/3163/2rh0n69.th.jpg

http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/663/1677ztik.th.jpg

http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/127/2cr6j3t.th.png

http://www.lastofus.com/

Quote:

The Last of Us is a genre-defining experience that blends survival and action elements to tell a character driven story about a population decimated by a modern plague. Abandoned cities are being reclaimed by nature and the remaining survivors are killing each other for food, weapons and whatever they can get their hands on. Joel, a ruthless survivor, and Ellie, a brave teenage girl who is wise beyond her years, must work together to survive their journey across what remains of the United States.

Anyone know how old that girl is.......? :D

Anyway extremely hype about this especially since this is from ND :D

HasuMasu 2011-12-11 00:09

Holy balls, look at those graphics. :eek:

Alexus_Z3 2011-12-11 00:24

It's a PS3 right? :heh: and in-game engine? :twitch:

Wow so basically they developing both UC3 and this back to back? :twitch:

Elvin 2011-12-11 00:31

Anyone else think of Ellen Page when they saw the girl?

jedinat 2011-12-11 00:45

The image looks awesome; the graphics look awesome. I like the look of the girl. The trailer somewhat derailed my enthusiasm though. World-weary teen with deep voice and the general narrative of the trailer... makes me think the story might be pretty lame. Like a wannabe film with boring American sensibilities... I'd prefer something a little more anime, lol... at the least a younger voice for the girl :p

Kyero Fox 2011-12-11 01:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by jedinat (Post 3896844)
The image looks awesome; the graphics look awesome. I like the look of the girl. The trailer somewhat derailed my enthusiasm though. World-weary teen with deep voice and the general narrative of the trailer... makes me think the story might be pretty lame. Like a wannabe film with boring American sensibilities... I'd prefer something a little more anime, lol... at the least a younger voice for the girl :p

she's prob 17... not 5 :heh:

boring american sensibilities? Sorry we're not jumping over buildings, little girls swinging 500 pound swords. =\

creb 2011-12-11 01:13

I guess I'm the only one that's starting to get fatigued by all the games seemingly wanting us to play in some apocalyptic setting.

Also, the statement concerning boring American sensibilities is not talking about girls swinging 500 pound swords. It's a general sentiment about America in that despite being the so-called media capitol of the world and home of Hollywood, it's surprising how...tame Americans are in regards to the media they both enjoy and create vs much of the rest of the world. I mean, hey, we're on an anime board. Anyone who's watched anime should be able to tell just how tame American media is compared to anime. And, that's just Japanese society. I've found it to be true vs most European societies as well. Especially when it comes to video games. Most of the more mature, and/or pushing the boundaries type of video games I've played were not made by American studios.

FlareKnight 2011-12-11 01:32

Well seems like this should be fairly interesting.

We do seem to get a lot of settings for apocalypses but oh well. Will have to see though how it plays and where the story might actually go.

jedinat 2011-12-11 02:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyero Fox (Post 3896890)
she's prob 17... not 5 :heh:

boring american sensibilities? Sorry we're not jumping over buildings, little girls swinging 500 pound swords. =\

You forgot to say "weeaboo." :rolleyes: I honestly can't comprehend this kind of ignorant rejoinder coming from someone who appreciates anime and is a regular on this forum... but yeah, pretty much what creb said.

Royal_Devil 2011-12-11 03:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alexus_Z3 (Post 3896814)
Wow so basically they developing both UC3 and this back to back? :twitch:

ND has two main development teams. One worked on UC3 and the other has been working on TLOU

Dragonkid11 2011-12-11 03:35

Wait...Naughty Dog

As in the Naughty Dog that created a game involved a fox wearing a blue pants that fight against a evil mad scientist with a GIANT HEAD and his cyborg deformed servant!!!

I am....kinda shocked over there...

But seriously,the game trailer has vegetation grew all over a city,if a hundred years didn't past then what kind of stuff just happened!??!

Tyabann 2011-12-11 04:40

If this plays like Uncharted, I'm sold.

Kyero Fox 2011-12-11 06:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by jedinat (Post 3896967)
You forgot to say "weeaboo." :rolleyes: I honestly can't comprehend this kind of ignorant rejoinder coming from someone who appreciates anime and is a regular on this forum... but yeah, pretty much what creb said.

Ah, Again braindead tired me.

I was (for some reason) thinking about stuff that makes sense. ironicly I didn't make sense :uhoh: and when I get tired I get offended easy, so sorry.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon (Post 3897134)
If this plays like Uncharted, I'm sold.

Sadly and happily that will most likely happen. perhaps less climbing stuff. Wonder if it will be a sandbox tho or atleast dark souls type of sandbox.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragonkid11 (Post 3897076)
Wait...Naughty Dog

As in the Naughty Dog that created a game involved a fox wearing a blue pants that fight against a evil mad scientist with a GIANT HEAD and his cyborg deformed servant!!!

I am....kinda shocked over there...

But seriously,the game trailer has vegetation grew all over a city,if a hundred years didn't past then what kind of stuff just happened!??!

Sadly they never mention crash bandicoot :( But yea when I first saw Uncharted I was like "What the hell happen to them?" Now I don't see them ever doing another crash game... sadly..

about the game, the girl talks as if she was born after all this crap happened. and the setting seems like (Holy crap I forgot the name) the movie with Will smith and the vampire like people.... Someone's gonna say what it was and I'm gonna face palm so hard ><

C.A. 2011-12-11 06:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elvin (Post 3896824)
Anyone else think of Ellen Page when they saw the girl?

Just came in here to say yes, I thought of Ellen Page.

-KarumA- 2011-12-11 06:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detective-san (Post 3896787)
Holy balls, look at those graphics. :eek:

It's a cut scene trailer, in game never looks as good as this :heh: Specially on consoles

-Sho- 2011-12-11 06:54

Not surprised about the game type , this is pretty common. Story reminds me "I'm alive" & the city "I'm a legend" :heh:
It's just a cinematic , let's see how is in-game & the gameplay.

HasuMasu 2011-12-11 06:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by -KarumA- (Post 3897305)
It's a cut scene trailer, in game never looks as good as this :heh: Specially on consoles

There's a trailer? :heh:

I was talking about the pictures, granted I don't think those are in-game graphics either. :cool:

Kyero Fox 2011-12-11 06:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by -Sho- (Post 3897306)
Not surprised about the game type , this is pretty common. Story reminds me "I'm alive" & the city "I'm a legend" :heh:
It's just a cinematic , let's see how is in-game & the gameplay.

/FACEPALM! That's it!

but yea, With Great trailers come great dissapointment -points to dead island- :upset:

-Sho- 2011-12-11 07:09

2nd for Dead island but mainly for all the bugs. The gameplay was still good enough though.

Kyero Fox 2011-12-11 07:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by -Sho- (Post 3897333)
2nd for Dead island but mainly for all the bugs. The gameplay was still good enough though.

I don't think Zombie Bicycle slaps is a bug :heh: