AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Kannagi (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   Kannagi - Q & A (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=73345)

Shiryuu 2008-11-14 11:26

Does this series eventually turn into a harem?

herbert 2008-11-14 14:28

If you mean manga, it doesn't.

Spoiler:

Shiryuu 2008-11-14 14:51

Good. Good.

Littm 2008-11-16 09:53

herbert, so, actually, Nagi doesn't has any interest in Jin too ?

Utau 2008-11-17 00:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shiryuu (Post 2053263)
Does this series eventually turn into a harem?

Quote:

Originally Posted by herbert (Post 2053534)
If you mean manga, it doesn't.

Spoiler:

Spoiler for manga:

herbert 2008-11-18 20:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Littm (Post 2056709)
herbert, so, actually, Nagi doesn't has any interest in Jin too ?

Spoiler:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Utau (Post 2057959)
Spoiler for manga:

This is not a place for discussion, so I'll answer you in Zange/Hakua thread.

Littm 2008-11-19 15:43

herbert, thanks for the info.

frubam 2008-11-26 08:47

Is the physical manifestation of Zange her actual form, or is it Hakua's? When Nagi was explaining about how her sister came about, the form Zange was in the form she has now. But it seems she has the same hair color of her father and some of the students call her Hakua as well. Its confusing

serenade_beta 2008-11-26 12:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by frubam (Post 2075213)
Is the physical manifestation of Zange her actual form, or is it Hakua's? When Nagi was explaining about how her sister came about, the form Zange was in the form she has now. But it seems she has the same hair color of her father and some of the students call her Hakua as well. Its confusing

Hakua's. Hakua looks like what you see now.

Om Nerabdator 2008-11-26 21:18

How many episodes will the anime have?

OceanBlue 2008-11-26 21:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by ayu (Post 2019119)
It'll have 12 episodes only.

Quoted, since I have no idea myself and I only looked at one post.

Guernsey 2008-11-30 16:49

What Japanese lengeds are included in Kannagi?

Aqualung 2008-11-30 18:13

Is it just me, or are at least two of the episodes of the Ayako version repeated? :confused:

Vexx 2008-12-01 13:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guernsey (Post 2082167)
What Japanese lengeds are included in Kannagi?

I don't think there are any *specific* legends... but much of the storyline uses Shinto motifs and such.
Cloning the trees is a very "japanese" solution to the river crossing problem.
Cutting down the tree is a horrible thing --- Nagi's tree was probably forgotten in the records long before Jin existed.
The connection of kami to the land is inherent... this idea of people/worshippers being important to their influence and power is kind of a modern interpretation. The traditional idea is that ignoring or disrespecting kami precedes bad things happening (disease, poor harvest, bad economy).
Impurities are fundamental to many ideas and customs in Shinto.

There are a number of excellent books on Shinto these days as studiers realize the need to write *something* down about it. Just search on Amazon for "shinto"

Samatarou 2008-12-01 16:59

One thing I'm confused about is whether Nagi is the spirit of the tree, which happens to act as a guardian deity of the land, or whether she is the goddess of the land itself, which happened to use the tree as its home or vessel. The latter seems to be how it is being portrayed, but the former is how I understand the animistic idea of kami: that they are the spirits of the specific things in question.

Vexx 2008-12-01 22:23

Kami can take residence in "vessels" or "things" which are made sacred by being focal points of contact ... so your latter guess comes closer to the truth.

I went back and watched the opener to episode one.... her tree did indeed have a sacred rope (shimenawa) so we can't say the shrine priests weren't aware of its status. I'm kind of at a loss to explain how they'd even consider cutting it down unless they performed some ritual that they *thought* would transfer the kami to some other place (though I can't find any reference to such a thing).
At the moment, only "baka" comes to mind on why approval was given to cut it down - I may write a Shinto priest I know and see if he can enlighten.

herbert 2008-12-05 05:53

Vexx, here is some manga info.
Spoiler for :

But I incline to the spirit of tree speculation. Because Zange doesn't care if her tree sacred or not, the worship towards to her seems making no difference from the worship towards her tree.

kenjiharima 2008-12-05 08:43

There's news that Kanagi manga will be canceled is it true?

Ichihara Asako 2008-12-05 09:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by kenjiharima (Post 2090593)
There's news that Kanagi manga will be canceled is it true?

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_33OMdOqFeWI/ST...Y/s800/kan.jpg

"According to Comic REX magazine, Takenashi Eri's manga "Kannagi" will be withheld from publication for some while due to the ill health of the author. It's unknown when the manga will resume publication." (taken from another forum).

serenade_beta 2008-12-05 10:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ichihara Asako (Post 2090717)
http://lh3.ggpht.com/_33OMdOqFeWI/ST...Y/s800/kan.jpg

"According to Comic REX magazine, Takenashi Eri's manga "Kannagi" will be withheld from publication for some while due to the ill health of the author. It's unknown when the manga will resume publication." (taken from another forum).

Uwaa... Seriously...? Hope she gets well soon then...