AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Pumpkin Scissors (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=65)
-   -   Pumpkin Scissors Episode 17 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=42277)

monir 2007-01-27 20:26

Pumpkin Scissors Episode 17 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Pumpkin Scissors, Episode 17!

Thread Guidelines
  • No telling or asking for RAWs.
  • Try to keep spoilers from the Manga out of the anime thread.
    If you need to reply to someone with a reference to the Manga, either PM them or use clearly marked Spoiler tags (see example below).
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if not aired.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Try to keep the discussion on topic and future episode spoilers out of the thread whenever possible.

Spoiler Tag Usage

Using Spoiler Tags is easy. Using this...

[spoiler=your title]Don't forget to use the spoiler title[/spoiler]

....will get you this...

Spoiler for my question:

Cyz 2007-01-30 08:48

Screenshots of episode 17 courtesy of Random Curiosity. LOOK AT IT AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!
Spoiler:

Mentar 2007-01-30 17:09

That was excellent again :) ... the show has found its stride (even though the preview for 18 looks fillerish again)

IMHO the best episode so far, with a good mix of action, drama and pernicious scheming in the shadows. I rarely pull nines or better, but this ep deserves it. Delivered with a chilling and sickening feeling to the stomach in several parts.

Anh_Minh 2007-01-30 18:18

I've got to ask. How come as soon as
Spoiler:

lommm 2007-01-30 19:31

Spoiler:

Burner of Anime 2007-01-30 20:58

Comments:

Lots of fighting in this episode

Darth Alice Vs Neo :cool: [His Kung fu evidently wasn't strong enough :heh: ]

Hunks Vs Connaly

Can Opener Vs Flame thrower.

Finally capped off with a large dose of Manly tears. Good episode this one.

Spoiler:

FlareKnight 2007-01-30 21:43

Nice episode. You had some great fighting with Alice really kicking some ass. Pretty good move kicking the blade out of the ground with the metal boots and taking that guy down. Hopefully we can get more episodes like this.

You can feel bad for Hans. Watching his comrades die like that and being unable to do anything but watch it. His comrades suddenly feeling the burns that they had picked up using their weapons. Living in that suit knowing if he ever took it off he'd be dead. Wonder what kind of bullets those other soldiers were using since they punched right through his armour when it seemed so invulnerable. Unless punching through it with those big (scissors?).

Those guys at Kauplan are seriously getting on my nerves. Doing horrible things like this to people and now using the dead body of Hans for their twisted purposes. There is just so much that we don't know what's going on. Even the military planning on dealing drugs to refugees under the city in order to make some cash. Even this 'Silver Wheel' group having soldiers in the military, so Mione wouldn't be able to talk.

Forever 2007-01-31 01:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anh_Minh (Post 816971)
Spoiler:

I guess since they are from silver wheel, so their bullets are specially made ones. Like armor piercing ones.

Deathkillz 2007-01-31 02:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Burner of Anime (Post 817131)
Spoiler:

what i think is that once they take of the suit then their burn wounds would open up after a slight time lag ~ after all their skin layer were all destroyed so leaving the "protective" liquid just allowed the damage to take place ~ maeaning by constantly hacing the liquid protecting it stops the skin from falling off even if its been destroyed already ~

quite the sad ep...i feel sorry for hans now :( soo close yet soo far >.<

Mandrake 2007-01-31 13:29

Darth Alice rocks my socks ^^

Cyz 2007-01-31 13:43

Watched ep. 17
Spoiler:

Sonhex 2007-01-31 15:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyz (Post 817900)
Spoiler:

Yep, it was hidden under his coat. I guess armour cutters were part of the 901's gear along with the Door Knocker and the grenades.

BTW does anyone know what was written on the cutters? Looked like 'Mar Man ~ Cikeda' or something like that???

Good ep this, Darth Alice held her own despite Mahne taking its toll, loved the kick tactic. I look forward to the next time she unleashes it, but I hope we learn how she developed the skill and built the stamina to weild it. Orland was awesome against Hans, but it was tragic to see him so devastated by his inevitable death. Again Muse's cruelty was brought home in that little exchange with her assistant ~ dismissing the medical benefits of the research in favour of the military ones. And I'm glad Mione's death was unceremonious - the kind deserving of such a wretch.

Anh_Minh 2007-01-31 16:12

If we're talking about next time Alice uses Mähne, I hope she aquires a horse and armor in the meantime. Seriously, if she was going to fight on foot, why didn't she use a normal sword?

Guido 2007-01-31 17:46

The Darkness that Cannot Still Be Saved

The impressive quality portrayed in this episode for development and twist in the storyline has made to yearn why GONZO did not pull it full during the first arc.

Hans became to my eyes such a sympathetic and pitiful character once he recalled the sad memory of his past.
Spoiler:

Onizuka-GTO 2007-01-31 18:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anh_Minh (Post 816971)
Spoiler:

Simple, the first time they shot him with pistol rounds.

second time it was with
Spoiler:

Another contribution could be that when

Spoiler:

but for all we know, it could just be a plot device, after seeing the silliness of the previous episode that could just the thing. :rolleyes:

The only saving grace was Darth Alice.

:p

p.s:

Oland has some impressive face hugging tears, they stick to his face even when he leans his head over at a 45 degree slant.

Guido 2007-01-31 19:48

I was very surprised with Oland's on his Berseker mode.
Spoiler:

Just to make an observation the way how the conspiracy is handling the Empire's politics unseen is a comparison to the political turmoil the Galactic Republic experienced before the rise of the Empire in the Star Wars prequel trilogy.
Spoiler:

Skane 2007-01-31 21:39

The armour-cutter was foreshadowed in Ep16. Oland keeps it inside a huge pouch.

Cheers.

Cyz 2007-01-31 22:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anh_Minh (Post 818022)
If we're talking about next time Alice uses Mähne, I hope she aquires a horse and armor in the meantime. Seriously, if she was going to fight on foot, why didn't she use a normal sword?

Maybe she thinks it's a lot cooler than normal swords. Besides, you just go start swinging that thing (as long as you have plenty of stamina to go along with it) and you have good chances of hitting someone attacking you :) I guess "size does matter" in Alice's case :)

Jewelray 2007-01-31 23:48

Wow. That was a really great episode, by far the best yet. The show is finally starting to live up to some of the angst it promised at the beginning.

Now, please please please don't mess it up by making the next episode a light-hearted filler ep... the preview for 18 is making me worry.

Kensuke 2007-02-01 04:12

Bravo, this episode restored all my faith to this series. Hans' past and what happened in the end was intense.
Spoiler:

Yeah, episode 18 looks like filler, but at least they give some screentime to Stekkin, who until now has been just minor character.