AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

Eruruu 2006-11-05 01:25

Yea, like what I was going to say, overall EMS is better.
And JFvergara, awesome paint job and schemes.

wavehawk 2006-11-05 01:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tak (Post 729492)
This may not be... Gundam, but...
http://www.hlj.com/product/WAVMC-41
ARGHHHH!!! ARGHHHH!! AHHHHH!!! *chiching!* *There goes me money...*
- Tak

- Dammit, Tak! Stop tempting me, you evil, evil, EVIIILL man!!! :upset:

JFvergara 2006-11-05 01:57

Quote:

Yea, like what I was going to say, overall EMS is better.
And JFvergara, awesome paint job and schemes.
Thanks. I'll post some more when they're available. :)

theOtherGuy 2006-11-05 02:46

http://www.hlj.com/product/BCL2013

MK-III...where was this?

AnimePaul 2006-11-05 13:21

I know this is going to be a dumb question to ask, but are Master Grade model kits already colored and all you really need to do is assemble them? I'm asking because I'm planning on buying MG Wing Zero Custom and MG Wing Zero Ver. Kai for Christmas. I only own a HG Wing Zero Custom, so not much experience, but it was pretty easy to assemble. Is it easy to assemble MG's as well?

Copy Ninja Kakashi 2006-11-05 15:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnimePaul (Post 730502)
I know this is going to be a dumb question to ask, but are Master Grade model kits already colored and all you really need to do is assemble them? I'm asking because I'm planning on buying MG Wing Zero Custom and MG Wing Zero Ver. Kai for Christmas. I only own a HG Wing Zero Custom, so not much experience, but it was pretty easy to assemble. Is it easy to assemble MG's as well?

there just like the HG already colored etc only have to assemble, only it has more parts and has better proportions than a HG, if you can assemble a HG you can assemble a MG

ashtaron 2006-11-05 18:46

Gundam Seed Water Decals(?)
 
Hey all,

I have a question regarding some Gundam Seed Water Decals(?) that I recently aquired from my local hobby store. I don't know much about them except that there's a Bandai logo at the bottom right corner and the copyright is 2003. Some examples of the markings are the O.M.N.I. logo's, CINQUE, Aile Striker, X105, etc. Does anyone know where they derive from? They resemble that of a decal sheet from Dengeki Hobby Magazine except these were sold as is(seperate from the magazine). I appreciate any info anyone can provide. Thanks in advance.

M_Flores 2006-11-05 20:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by aikming (Post 730008)
EMS is much faster, should take no more than 7 working days normally, unless december season which may be unpredictable.

EMS should have tracking so you can track where's your package.

I dont think there will be any change in the packaging. But handling will be less compared to SAL. You dont wait or placed with other items when shipped by post office.

Thanks for that, man. I guess I made the right choice then.

mangatron 2006-11-05 21:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnimePaul (Post 730502)
I know this is going to be a dumb question to ask, but are Master Grade model kits already colored and all you really need to do is assemble them? I'm asking because I'm planning on buying MG Wing Zero Custom and MG Wing Zero Ver. Kai for Christmas. I only own a HG Wing Zero Custom, so not much experience, but it was pretty easy to assemble. Is it easy to assemble MG's as well?

You know, I have the perfect solution to that. Why don't you study the instruction manuals at http://www.dalong.net/ and see how difficult it would be.

You know, I study the manuals there to see if a certain product has parts needed for kit bash's. Thank god for Dalong.net :D

aikming 2006-11-06 01:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnimePaul (Post 730502)
I know this is going to be a dumb question to ask, but are Master Grade model kits already colored and all you really need to do is assemble them? I'm asking because I'm planning on buying MG Wing Zero Custom and MG Wing Zero Ver. Kai for Christmas. I only own a HG Wing Zero Custom, so not much experience, but it was pretty easy to assemble. Is it easy to assemble MG's as well?

It's not a dumb question. Master grade kits are more beautiful but more complex to assemble. Little has to be done for colouring except some people like it customized.

You dont have to worry about the assembling since the assembly guide is clear and easy to follow, step by step and all parts are numbered. I had the HG wing zero custom and then purcahse the MG wing zero as well, and I dont have any problem with assembling the MG Wing zero. It takes about 4 days days to assemble the MG with about 5 hours each day, slow and steady. Though this vary to people's skills.

You wont regret the MG kits, but you need to be careful and take your time while assembling them. Dont use any adhesive or glue, you dont need it.

As mentioned by mangatron, have a look at the manual. These are the two that you are interested.
http://www.dalong.net/review/mg/m69/m69_m.htm
http://www.dalong.net/review/mg/m75/m75_m.htm

M_Flores 2006-11-06 03:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by JFvergara (Post 729872)
First Post, thought I'd contribute.:heh:

My MG Freedom customized a bit. Black Plasma Cannons and Red Rail Guns. Everything is painted. Head colour scheme is a bit different.


My 1/100 Justice. Repainted it red to make it a bit more sexy.


Finally, my custom colour 1/100 custom colour legend Gundam. I didn't dig the blue/gray too much so I painted it to look more badass. Dragoon's and highlights were painted black while the gray was replaced with more of a silverish colour.


Comments are welcome :p.

I'm going to order the MG Strike Freedom and repaint that when I get a new airbrush kit to go with it.

Okay, here goes...

*First off, I think you've pretty much ruined the Freedom (but only partially) in that scheme. Adding more red on it was a bad idea, IMHO. The black would have been fine, but dude, red rail cannons? It's like wearing green shoes with a grey suit - does not match. It's not like Destiny where you can mix 3 colours in, but the Freedom, unless you change its colour entirely, looks horrible IMHO when you've mixed and matched colours that totally stand out. And you should take more care in displaying beam sabers because they look bent.

*I think this ∞ Justice one looks okay. Red MS are not really my type, but they're surely better than pink ones. Some stuff that should be black or a different colour, you've gone over with red, and basically has a lot of red to the point that its almost as all-red as Sazabi, except just not quite there yet. Anyway, I'd say overall it looks okay, except the excess red sacrifices the beauty of panel lines, IMO.

*I like the silvery stuff you did with Legend, but the black dragoons... well... I look at these re-paints and re-colours with the approach of saying to myself "Would it look better if it was really this colour in the anime?" and looking at this Legend, I'd say you would've done better if you silvered the dragoons as well, because now it looks kinda awkward because of the contrast. You have silver and gray which are pretty light colours then suddenly you have bits of black which are the dragoons and the chest. Then you also have tiny bits of red too and IMO, it doesnt seem to match too well. Either you keep black and silver or red and silver, but not black, red and silver.

JFvergara 2006-11-06 03:55

Quote:

*First off, I think you've pretty much ruined the Freedom (but only partially) in that scheme. Adding more red on it was a bad idea, IMHO. The black would have been fine, but dude, red rail cannons? It's like wearing green shoes with a grey suit - does not match. It's not like Destiny where you can mix 3 colours in, but the Freedom, unless you change its colour entirely, looks horrible IMHO when you've mixed and matched colours that totally stand out. And you should take more care in displaying beam sabers because they look bent.
Well I don't think I ruined it. Green shoes on a gray suit? That's a little bit too much I think. Hold your horses - you almost sound as if your angry. I enjoy the red rail cannons. Oh well, everyone's entitled to their own opinion.

Quote:

*I think this ∞ Justice one looks okay. Red MS are not really my type, but they're surely better than pink ones. Some stuff that should be black or a different colour, you've gone over with red, and basically has a lot of red to the point that its almost as all-red as Sazabi, except just not quite there yet. Anyway, I'd say overall it looks okay, except the excess red sacrifices the beauty of panel lines, IMO.
Quote:

I like the silvery stuff you did with Legend, but the black dragoons... well... I look at these re-paints and re-colours with the approach of saying to myself "Would it look better if it was really this colour in the anime?" and looking at this Legend, I'd say you would've done better if you silvered the dragoons as well, because now it looks kinda awkward because of the contrast. You have silver and gray which are pretty light colours then suddenly you have bits of black which are the dragoons and the chest. Then you also have tiny bits of red too and IMO, it doesnt seem to match too well. Either you keep black and silver or red and silver, but not black, red and silver.
Not saying they're perfect, but I enjoy the red on the Justice and the Black on Legend. I basically replaced the pink and purple with red to make it more dominent. I painted the Black on the Legend to make it more fearsome better than the default that I had

Oh well, I asked for comments and i got them. I didnt think I'd get some super biting criticism. It's not like I spent 324234234 hours on them with 2453453 paints to work with man. Hell I dont even have an airbrush kit. I just did it to pass time when I wasn't working, you sound almost as if I shouldn't have posted it at all. Everyone's entitled to their opinion I guess so cheers to you

Mr_Paper 2006-11-06 04:05

The most important thing, after all, is whether your pleased with the outcome. Everything else comes after that; if you're happy with the outcome, then it turned out good enough.

M_Flores 2006-11-06 04:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by JFvergara (Post 731137)
Well I don't think I ruined it. Green shoes on a gray suit? That's a little bit too much I think. Hold your horses - you almost sound as if your angry. I enjoy the red rail cannons. Oh well, everyone's entitled to their own opinion.





Not saying they're perfect, but I enjoy the red on the Justice and the Black on Legend. I basically replaced the pink and purple with red to make it more dominent. I painted the Black on the Legend to make it more fearsome better than the default that I had

Oh well, I asked for comments and i got them. I didnt think I'd get some super biting criticism. It's not like I spent 324234234 hours on them with 2453453 paints to work with man. Hell I dont even have an airbrush kit. I just did it to pass time when I wasn't working, you sound almost as if I shouldn't have posted it at all. Everyone's entitled to their opinion I guess so cheers to you

lol, I didnt really think you would've found that insulting, so I just went along, sorry. You and other people might like it - but I didnt, and I was just telling the world that I didnt and why.
The Justice was actually okay, but the Freedom you did made me bite, the Legend was ok too, but it was still kinda awkward.

btw, just in case IMO = 'In My Opinion'.

And if you got any more works (preferrably recolours), feel free to post em.


PS: If you were gonna chuck the red railcannons on, you might as well have done the wings red or more red anyway to contrast or balance out the colours a bit, but that was my opinion.



EDIT: recolours are never 'perfect', they're just someone else's version of what they think would look cool.
I'm commenting based on whether I would rather see the recolour or the original in the anime, and that is my first (but not only) criteria

JFvergara 2006-11-06 04:37

Quote:

The most important thing, after all, is whether your pleased with the outcome. Everything else comes after that; if you're happy with the outcome, then it turned out good enough.
Thanks, I'm quite pleased with it and that's why I posted it.

M_Flores 2006-11-06 05:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by JFvergara (Post 731159)
Thanks, I'm quite pleased with it and that's why I posted it.

I am curious as to what you'll do with the Strike Freedom you said you'll be getting, which I'm sure you'll do a great job with (as long as you dont red the rail cannons, lol :p). I've only seen one good SF recolour, but then again, I've only seen only one anyway and it was good.

I've seen many Destiny Gundam recolours, none of them were very pleasing though, I saw this awful blue and gold repaint of Destiny Gundam and it made me hit myself. I was wondering, do you own a Destiny Gundam?

In fact, I'd like to see a good Saviour Gundam recolour. Also interested on what a white Gaia Gundam would look like too, lol.

I didn't think my comments earlier were that bad, so sorry if they caught you off guard. No, I wasn't angry, in fact, an angry, or more so unreasonable person would be saying stuff like "omg wtf wat a piece of shitz0r u dont deserve to paint models, u fag" <-------- which I didn't think I did anything that bad :heh: lol

duotiga 2006-11-06 07:29

someone does a Hiene ver of Saviour...i need to search for that.....

Eruruu 2006-11-06 08:10

I was wondering JFvergara, did you paint them once you built it or painted it when you finished a section? (e.g. a leg or an arm?)
And did you use like spray paint or something? Im new to the painting bits since I never painted mine before ><

Critias 2006-11-06 20:27

ok so could someone clear things up for me?

MG Strike Freedom (the "special" version) includes...what exactly...that the "regular" version does not have?

That weird stand? Those things on the wings when the DRAGOONs are off? Aything else? Aside from a heftier price tag?
Thanks much

M_Flores 2006-11-06 20:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Critias (Post 731866)
ok so could someone clear things up for me?

MG Strike Freedom (the "special" version) includes...what exactly...that the "regular" version does not have?

That weird stand? Those things on the wings when the DRAGOONs are off? Aything else? Aside from a heftier price tag?
Thanks much

Based on assumption and speculation, the Special MG Strike Freedom comes with:

*Everything the normal MG Strike Freedom should come with, including basic stand

*DRAGOON effect parts - what these are, nobody knows for sure yet, probably something fancy clear parts probably similar to what the 1/144 HG had, or something better.

*'Gold' joints - I assume this touch of 'gold' will be better, shinier than the dull and ugly gold that came with all the current SF models so far.

*A custom stand, different from the standard one, judging from the pics so far, there is a place to mount/store the dragoons. There is a chance we might get both standard and custom stand in this package - if so, then the price tag would make a lil more sense.

*Some special booklet, but I dunno.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:32.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions Inc.