AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

Zeydra 2013-04-16 07:13

I ordered a Destiny Extreme Blast Mode kit a few hours ago, I suspect it will look pretty intimidating on my shelf with those wings on it. Also the cover art for the kit is amazing.

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2013-04-16 07:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeydra (Post 4639181)
I ordered a Destiny Extreme Blast Mode kit a few hours ago, I suspect it will look pretty intimidating on my shelf with those wings on it. Also the cover art for the kit is amazing.

I’m not sure about the intimidating part since Destiny is such a colorful Gundam :p, but from what I’ve seen myself, it will surely look impressive (and massive) with the WoL on. And be prepared to provide a considerable space for it. Plus, if you have MG Strike Freedom (with the additional WoL) it will look really good posed together with Destiny or fighting each other.

suiton629 2013-04-16 14:31

mg rx-78-2 2.0 ver.
mg rx-78-2 one year war ver.

which is better?

StrikeFreedomV2 2013-04-16 14:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by suiton629 (Post 4639667)
mg rx-78-2 2.0 ver.
mg rx-78-2 one year war ver.

which is better?

Overall the 2.0. I prefer the OYW version though, I like its proportions and looks more than the 2.0s.

suiton629 2013-04-16 15:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 (Post 4639682)
Overall the 2.0. I prefer the OYW version though, I like its proportions and looks more than the 2.0s.

Should I just get both?

StrikeFreedomV2 2013-04-16 15:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by suiton629 (Post 4639704)
Should I just get both?

Why not. I have several kits of the RX-78-2 as well^^

suiton629 2013-04-16 16:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 (Post 4639728)
Why not. I have several kits of the RX-78-2 as well^^

1. I'm not really big into UC.
2. I tend to collect all the lead MG's from the series. So if I get the RX-78-2, then I will end up getting all the others from the UC series:

Mobile Suit Gundam (Mobile Suit Gundam: Char's Counterattack)
Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam
Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ
Mobile Suit Victory Gundam
Mobile Suit Gundam: The 08th MS Team (The 08th MS Team: Miller's Report)
Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn

Those are the ones I would consider or at least think are the main ones.

The problem is, I think the Ground Gundam and EZ-8 need 2.0 releases kinda like how they're getting a new HGUC release.

Unicorn..
- Unicorn OVA
- Banshee
- Full Armor Unicorn
- Banshee Norn

Also, the thing is, some of these MG's are ridiculously expensive.

Skye629 2013-04-16 16:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 (Post 4639017)
The Zakus are great. Articulation and detail are pretty good for the grade. Gaia is also good, but because it can transform, some parts are a bit loose. Mainly on the shoulders on mine. Hope that helps :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by maknaedik (Post 4639038)
Zakus are great! Articulation wise, they're not bad. Good for its time of course. Detail wise, there are some seals that you can opt to paint instead, but there are parts that I thought that are going to be stickers, but they weren't.

Ah ok thanks! Now I have to debate between Heine's Blaze Zaku Phantom and Lunamaria's Gunner Zaku. This is really hard lol

I wanted the HG Gaia more for its transformed mode, the MS is not bad, but the proportions are not the best imo, though it is better than say, SF

Skye629 2013-04-16 16:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by suiton629 (Post 4639774)
1. I'm not really big into UC.
2. I tend to collect all the lead MG's from the series. So if I get the RX-78-2, then I will end up getting all the others from the UC series:

Mobile Suit Gundam (Mobile Suit Gundam: Char's Counterattack)
Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam
Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ
Mobile Suit Victory Gundam
Mobile Suit Gundam: The 08th MS Team (The 08th MS Team: Miller's Report)
Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn

Those are the ones I would consider or at least think are the main ones.

The problem is, I think the Ground Gundam and EZ-8 need 2.0 releases kinda like how they're getting a new HGUC release.

Unicorn..
- Unicorn OVA
- Banshee
- Full Armor Unicorn
- Banshee Norn

Also, the thing is, some of these MG's are ridiculously expensive.

You are forgetting 0083 and CCA, both are more important than Victory imo in the UC timeline, if you go Victory you mind as well have F91 and Crossbone in your list

Oh yeah you also forgot 0080 War in the Pocket

According to your previous post I DO NOT suggest you go into UC, since you were talking about CUTTING COSTS

And UC have THE MOST LEADS and the MOST EXPENSIVE MG kits

suiton629 2013-04-16 17:17

So then list out all the main leads from UC that have MG's..

Skye629 2013-04-16 19:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by suiton629 (Post 4639799)
So then list out all the main leads from UC that have MG's..

Challenge accepted

RX-78-2
RX-78-3 AKA G3 Gundam (Most notable color variant worthy of mention)
RX-79(G) Gundam Ground Type
RX-79(G)Ez-8 Gundam Ez8
RX-78NT-1 Gundam "Alex"
GP-01 Zephyranthes
GP-01 FB Zephyranthes Full Burner/Vernier
GP-03 Stamen
Gundam RX-178 Mk.II (Titans)
Gundam RX-178 Mk.II (AEUG)
MSZ-006 Zeta Gundam
RX-178+FXA-05D Super Gundam
MSA-0011 S Gundam
MSA-0011(Ext) Ex-S Gundam
MSZ-010 ΖΖ Gundam
RX-93 ν Gundam
RX-93-ν2 Hi-ν Gundam (non-canon, but I have not seen a single UC fan ever disregard this awesome mech)
RX-0 Unicorn Gundam
F91 Gundam F91
XM-X1 Crossbone Gundam X-1
LM312V04 Victory Gundam


And remember that some of these kits have multiple variants, such as 1.0's, 2.0's, Ver Ka., add ons which changes the names, etc.

I can hear your wallet committing suicide from here XD

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2013-04-16 20:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skye629 (Post 4639920)
RX-178+FXA-05D Super Gundam

Actually Skye, Super Gundam is not a main lead Gundam. Camille was already riding on Zeta Gundam by the time Super was debuted with Emma as its pilot.

Skye629 2013-04-16 23:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 4639963)
Actually Skye, Super Gundam is not a main lead Gundam. Camille was already riding on Zeta Gundam by the time Super was debuted with Emma as its pilot.

Well I know that, but I felt best to include it in the list as it is a variation of a lead suit in MG form

Zeydra 2013-04-17 05:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 4639229)
Iím not sure about the intimidating part since Destiny is such a colorful Gundam :p, but from what Iíve seen myself, it will surely look impressive (and massive) with the WoL on. And be prepared to provide a considerable space for it. Plus, if you have MG Strike Freedom (with the additional WoL) it will look really good posed together with Destiny or fighting each other.

I actually got the Destiny over the Strike Freedom for now, though I will be picking it up at some point as well as the Infinite Justice for a complete set. How do you get the wings of light for the Strike Freedom though? I didn't think Bandai had made them, but if I can get some I'd love to.

firefox 2013-04-17 05:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skye629 (Post 4638982)
Anyone here built the following kits from Destiny?

-1/100 NG Gunner Zaku
-1/100 Blaze Zaku Phantom
-1/144 HG Gaia

Thoughts on these kits? Considering picking one of the Zakus up and maybe the Gaia (AW colors of course)


i've built almost 1/100 and 1/144 HG seed and seed destiny kits. The zakuwarrior/phantom are by far my favorite suits from the destiny HG line

I just finished the 1/100 Hein Blaz zaku phantom last week.
For their price the 1/100 zaku's are fantastic sturdy are quite posable. Build is easy and they require just a tiny amount of painting in teh thrusters and on the backpack and teh eye of the standard beamgun.


The big problem is which to buy :D.

Go for the color you like most. Hein's is fantastic and apart as it is orange, not that many orange suits in Gundam + he has nice big decals for on the shields that really stick out :)

StrikeFreedomV2 2013-04-17 05:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeydra (Post 4640356)
I actually got the Destiny over the Strike Freedom for now, though I will be picking it up at some point as well as the Infinite Justice for a complete set. How do you get the wings of light for the Strike Freedom though? I didn't think Bandai had made them, but if I can get some I'd love to.

Thanks to Obelisk, I was able to find those on ebay :)

http://www.ebay.de/itm/160800305654?...84.m1423.l2649

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2013-04-17 05:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeydra (Post 4640356)
How do you get the wings of light for the Strike Freedom though? I didn't think Bandai had made them, but if I can get some I'd love to.

Here's a bit of my previous conversation with StrikeFreedomV2 regarding MG SF's WoL:
Quote:

Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 (Post 4592031)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 4591922)
I don’t know about you, but Strike Freedom’s WoL additional parts is pretty cheap from where I buy it (local store). I think it’s only about 5-7 US dollars. It’s a chinese product but the result is pretty good:
Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)

For real?! O.o I was going by memory and I remembered seeing WoL for SF. But there a bunch out there for different figures and kits, might be I mixed them up. Gotta check ebay for those, thanks man!

Edit: Found them for 13€ :D The expensive ones are those for the Robot Damashii

Here's a review if you're interested.

EDIT: Got ninja'd by StrikeFreedom himself XP

Skye629 2013-04-17 15:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by firefox (Post 4640360)
i've built almost 1/100 and 1/144 HG seed and seed destiny kits. The zakuwarrior/phantom are by far my favorite suits from the destiny HG line

I just finished the 1/100 Hein Blaz zaku phantom last week.
For their price the 1/100 zaku's are fantastic sturdy are quite posable. Build is easy and they require just a tiny amount of painting in teh thrusters and on the backpack and teh eye of the standard beamgun.


The big problem is which to buy :D.

Go for the color you like most. Hein's is fantastic and apart as it is orange, not that many orange suits in Gundam + he has nice big decals for on the shields that really stick out :)

I cant decide though!

Heine's is awesome cuz its FRIGGIN HEINE, I love Orange, and the symmetrical design and the backpack is really nice

On the other hand Lunamaria is one of my favorite female pilots and its a RED/PINKISH RED ZAKU

bio9205 2013-04-17 22:24

Speaking of the GSD Zakus, how are their HG 1/144 counterparts, as well as the HG 1/144 Goufs? Thinking of picking a few up, just catching GSD for the first time here. :D

Skye629 2013-04-18 03:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by bio9205 (Post 4641371)
Speaking of the GSD Zakus, how are their HG 1/144 counterparts, as well as the HG 1/144 Goufs? Thinking of picking a few up, just catching GSD for the first time here. :D

From what I saw the Zaku's are just scaled down versions needing more paint apps, typical NG 1/100 -> HG 1/144

The Goufs are not bad, still require more painting however, in particular the shields and the sword housed inside. Also the flight pack wings are connected with a metal pin running through them serving as the hinge, I have heard that they can get loose. On the upside though they come with the good ol 1/144 bundled stand


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:18.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions Inc.