AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

AHT 2015-08-21 22:45

HGBF Super Fumina

Orattvisa 2015-08-21 23:40

The Altron gundam is P-Bandai...
Why does it seems like the MGs that I'm interested in lately are always P-Bandai releases? =/

Blazer-X 2015-08-22 00:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orattvisa (Post 5628363)
The Altron gundam is P-Bandai...
Why does it seems like the MGs that I'm interested in lately are always P-Bandai releases? =/

Huh...

Any chance we get a GotL version for regular release?

Tak 2015-08-22 03:41

Do the eyes blink? :heh:

- Tak

wavehawk 2015-08-22 04:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orattvisa (Post 5628363)
Why does it seems like the MGs that I'm interested in lately are always P-Bandai releases? =/

- Because the P-Bandai Website is powered by the tears and lamentations of the Gunpla fans who can't buy their products.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tak
Do the eyes blink?

- Might be similar to the way that the Phantasy Star kits work: Different "eye frames" can be inserted behind the face to give a left-looking, right-looking, or central looking gaze.

mangatron 2015-08-22 04:23

For the love of spats, please tell me that's real, that it's for sale, that it's an actual product I can buy and not hands-off-for-sculptor-only :heh:

I gotta watch the last episode again, watching it again and again is the only way calm my nerves :D

wavehawk 2015-08-22 04:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by mangatron (Post 5628512)
For the love of spats, please tell me that's real, that it's for sale, that it's an actual product I can buy and not hands-off-for-sculptor-only :heh:

- Bandai is kind to you, FuminaTron. Yes, it's a real kit.

mangatron 2015-08-22 04:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by wavehawk (Post 5628516)
- Bandai is kind to you, FuminaTron. Yes, it's a real kit.

IT'S REAL :D Where's the pre-order button, I must prioritize her purchase with the highest level of prioritized priorities :heh:

wavehawk 2015-08-22 04:42

Bandai hasn't decided if she'a a P-Bandai Exclusive yet.

mangatron 2015-08-22 06:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by wavehawk (Post 5628527)
Bandai hasn't decided if she'a a P-Bandai Exclusive yet.

Oh great, now you shot down all hope XD

RRW 2015-08-22 22:38

It Shown of with regular released so I don't think is p bandai

Skye629 2015-08-24 03:30

Damn I missed alot on a short trip....

DAMMIT BANDAI!!!! (still buying regardless....)

LOL! they actually went and did it

wavehawk 2015-08-25 03:03

Gundamguy posted that a 1/144 F90 (resin kit? mod kit?) would be shown at C3, but nothing of the sort exists.

<<--feeling heavily trolled.

Patriot's Blade 2015-08-25 10:57

i think somebody forget to mention the most important gimmick for the kit, does it cast off? :heh:

Bonta Kun 2015-08-27 17:04

Oh man that MG Jesta Cannon!

Must get~!

Also not sure if I want the HG Barbatos or wait for the MG!:uhoh:

wavehawk 2015-08-27 22:19

Anyone considerign buying the G-Reco Dahak for any reason...don't.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...ps0yw78pig.jpg

Skye629 2015-08-28 02:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by wavehawk (Post 5633463)
Anyone considerign buying the G-Reco Dahak for any reason...don't.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...ps0yw78pig.jpg

Erm, why not?

wavehawk 2015-08-28 05:47

I'm going to copy paste my post about it from a different forum:
Quote:

Diarrhea again?
...no, not that CTRL+V...but that's a good description.
Quote:

I built this OOB because I found the design intruiging (and needed somethign to do while my grunt build's paint dried).

It's different to normal MS kits and probably would fit more in a Zoe of Enders or other sort of SF mecha anime.

Sadly the kit can't cash the cheque the box art was writing. The shoulder articulation is poor (can't move it's arms sideways by much), the knee only has 90 degrees of bend (like the other G-Reco kits, but WHY? The F'ng Dahak body should be able to give more than that!). Not going to go into much detail about the build as it's...pedestrian. It's nowhere close to being complicated (unsurprisingly as the G-Reco kits were mostly easy builds save for the misleading instructions on the Jahannam kit).

I guess if the Dahak actually had a much wider range of movement and articulation I would have liked it a lot more. It has a lean and sleek build which made me expect an MS with a lot of poseability, and my original plan was to mod it to carry a rifle and change the rear arms out a bit. But the lack of posability actually makes adding a rifle too much trouble for no result--the Dahak won't even be able to point the rifle anywhere except straight forward. So no, I wouldn't recommend the Dahak even for a kitbash.

So, I still think that the Grimoire my favorite G-Reco kit hands-down (Being a Grunt helps, and the modding potential is tremendous), and I don't think any of the other kits will change that. At the moment the only other G-Reco kits I'm thinking of getting are the Perfect Pack G-Self (just to fill out my 1/144 main character Gundam collection) and the Kabakali (which may actually be good or may dissapoint like the Dahak).

Patriot's Blade 2015-08-28 10:55

i think all hell breaks loose if they suddenly announced a MG Dahak, full of MG articulation goodness!!,
i' have seen worse old HG kits that had the skirt armor mount bar molded lower, rendering the skirt unable to flip up thus making the fully articulated legs useless as in not able trying to make a simple walking/kicking pose, its probably the engineering limitation back in the day or something.

Skye629 2015-08-28 19:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by wavehawk (Post 5633714)
I'm going to copy paste my post about it from a different forum:


...no, not that CTRL+V...but that's a good description.

Fair enough since you gave your reasoning (though your expectations for it seems to have been rather high, its not exactly a flexible close quarters fighter, but rather a weaponized escape pod from a MA)



Im probably gonna get it still at some point, though its pretty low on my list since there are more high priority demands coming up for my money (MG Altron EW for instance)

wavehawk 2015-08-29 01:27

I'll admit the box art and concept art got me attracted to it. I really like the head design but wanted a more orthodox loadout--carrying a Jahannam Beam Rifle for example. Thing is that the shoulders have about 30 degrees of movement stretching outward sideways (thus cant spread its arms), meaning that even if I stuck a different hand the Dahak won't be able to hold the Jahannam Beam Rifle or any other rifle in any manner outside of slung under it's shoulder firing forward.

The other thing is that there's no way of modding more posability into the Jahannam without slicing off whole chunks of the armor--it would be easier for me to cut up an HG Aile Strike (because the parts are already very flexible) than to do surgery on an existing Dahak.

so all I can say is What Da Hak.

Chibiloli 2015-08-29 06:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by wavehawk (Post 5634567)
I'll admit the box art and concept art got me attracted to it. I really like the head design but wanted a more orthodox loadout--carrying a Jahannam Beam Rifle for example. Thing is that the shoulders have about 30 degrees of movement stretching outward sideways (thus cant spread its arms), meaning that even if I stuck a different hand the Dahak won't be able to hold the Jahannam Beam Rifle or any other rifle in any manner outside of slung under it's shoulder firing forward.

The other thing is that there's no way of modding more posability into the Jahannam without slicing off whole chunks of the armor--it would be easier for me to cut up an HG Aile Strike (because the parts are already very flexible) than to do surgery on an existing Dahak.

so all I can say is What Da Hak.

Badum-tsh!

Okay, I wanna order some stuff on Amazon and so far, here's what I wanna get, if you guys got any reccomendations, feel free to share, HG or RG only please:
Miss Sazabi
Wing Gundam Fenice Rinascita/Zero Honoo, still trying to decide between the two.
GM Sniper K9
HGBF Crossbone full cloth
0 Gundam
And some assorted weapons

I want to get my younger sister into Gunpla as well and if you guys got any reccomendations on what I can use to introduce here into the hobby, I'm all ears.

wavehawk 2015-08-29 07:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by chibiloli (Post 5634777)
i want to get my younger sister into gunpla as well

- bearguy! It's almost always a Bearguy!

Chibiloli 2015-08-29 15:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by wavehawk (Post 5634813)
- bearguy! It's almost always a Bearguy!

I already have both Beargguy 3 and F, and while she does enjoy them, I wanna get her something that I don't have.

Bonta Kun 2015-08-29 17:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chibiloli (Post 5634777)
Badum-tsh!

Okay, I wanna order some stuff on Amazon and so far, here's what I wanna get, if you guys got any reccomendations, feel free to share, HG or RG only please:
Miss Sazabi
Wing Gundam Fenice Rinascita/Zero Honoo, still trying to decide between the two.
GM Sniper K9
HGBF Crossbone full cloth
0 Gundam
And some assorted weapons

I want to get my younger sister into Gunpla as well and if you guys got any reccomendations on what I can use to introduce here into the hobby, I'm all ears.

Well HG is probably best place to start, just show her whats on offer, if thats abit of a chore to go through then go to Dalong and show her everything and then check back at a seller to see if they stock.

Might what to try SD out as well since they are "cute".

Rising Dragon 2015-08-29 17:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chibiloli (Post 5635164)
I already have both Beargguy 3 and F, and while she does enjoy them, I wanna get her something that I don't have.

What about the original Beargguy?

wavehawk 2015-08-29 19:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chibiloli (Post 5635164)
I already have both Beargguy 3 and F, and while she does enjoy them, I wanna get her something that I don't have.

- Puchiguys! That's the next logical step!

Chibiloli 2015-08-29 19:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rising Dragon (Post 5635231)
What about the original Beargguy?

I showed her that before, she didn't like it, the eyes creeped her out.

@Bonta Kun, yeah, SD is not for her, I showed her the Star Winning Gundam I assembled and she was kind of offended when I said I dedicated it to her, she thought I was mocking her height with it, she's 13 but looks like she's still seven.

wavehawk 2015-08-29 19:57

Okay, scratch the puchiguys, then.

hold out for the Revive Quebeley.

Skye629 2015-08-29 21:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chibiloli (Post 5634777)
Badum-tsh!

Okay, I wanna order some stuff on Amazon and so far, here's what I wanna get, if you guys got any reccomendations, feel free to share, HG or RG only please:
Miss Sazabi
Wing Gundam Fenice Rinascita/Zero Honoo, still trying to decide between the two.
GM Sniper K9
HGBF Crossbone full cloth
0 Gundam
And some assorted weapons

I want to get my younger sister into Gunpla as well and if you guys got any reccomendations on what I can use to introduce here into the hobby, I'm all ears.

Unlike everyone else, I suggest you make her marathon/watch Build Fighters and Try before getting her anything

It will help determine if you can first of all get her into Gundam or Gunpla in the first place

Then perhaps she would identify with certain characters and mechs/gunpla

From there you can get her what she likes

Just my two cents

(and jesus, why is it that everyone recommends cute stuff for girls? They like badass/elegant stuff too! Get her a freaking HG Nobel Gundam in Berserker mode)

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2015-08-29 21:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chibiloli (Post 5635303)
I showed her that before, she didn't like it, the eyes creeped her out.

@Bonta Kun, yeah, SD is not for her, I showed her the Star Winning Gundam I assembled and she was kind of offended when I said I dedicated it to her, she thought I was mocking her height with it, she's 13 but looks like she's still seven.

I don't know about your lil' sis, but when my sister said she wanted to try building a Gunpla, I bought her HG Destiny Gundam without showing her any pictures or anything. She just said she wanted one (in normal proportion) with wings, so I thought Destiny with its pink WoL will be to her liking. After I showed it to her, not surprisingly, she loved it. She said the "butterfly wings" looks very nice :D.

Maybe you should ask your sister what kind of mecha she would like to have. Does she want something round & cute, something slim & elegant, something feminine, something with wings, etc?

Chibiloli 2015-08-30 01:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skye629 (Post 5635378)
Unlike everyone else, I suggest you make her marathon/watch Build Fighters and Try before getting her anything

It will help determine if you can first of all get her into Gundam or Gunpla in the first place

Then perhaps she would identify with certain characters and mechs/gunpla

From there you can get her what she likes

Just my two cents

(and jesus, why is it that everyone recommends cute stuff for girls? They like badass/elegant stuff too! Get her a freaking HG Nobel Gundam in Berserker mode)

I got her to watch both, and she thought they were all cool, if it helps, the two things she really likes is Lego and Ninjago, I did see her express an interest in my Crossbone Maoh once though, she thought the pirate decals were cool.

Skye629 2015-08-31 01:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chibiloli (Post 5635538)
I got her to watch both, and she thought they were all cool, if it helps, the two things she really likes is Lego and Ninjago, I did see her express an interest in my Crossbone Maoh once though, she thought the pirate decals were cool.

Hmmmmmm

First recommendation off the top of my head: HG G-Xiphos from AGE, got the pirate theme, ninja-esque looks with the slim black profile, and looks cool to boot

For girl-friendly kits you could go with:
- HG Farsia (AGE): Unique design, if she likes flowers she might like this
- HGCE Strike Rouge: Hella good kit and nice colors
- Zaku Warrior Concert Ver. (SEED DESTINY): Good luck finding this for a reasonable price
- HGUC Geara or Rozen Zulu: These may be a bit too complex for a start


Another thought is perhaps take her through Dalong.net to see a sampling of a ton of different kits? (I suggest this site since you can see what the kits look like unpainted or with minimal lining effort)

If you want to get her something nice as a surprise, ask her some questions in a not-so-suspicious manner to get a better feel for her tastes, and keep prompting us. We'll help you find something

And consider this your last warning before your sister gets addicted and you find yourself spending tons of money on her (hehehe)

Skye629 2015-08-31 18:40

MG P-Bandai Crossbone X2 and X3 Ver. Ka are being re-issued if anyone is interested/missed the first releases

Should cause a price drop to some degree like the MG Tallgeese II

Tak 2015-08-31 22:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chibiloli (Post 5634777)
I want to get my younger sister into Gunpla as well and if you guys got any reccomendations on what I can use to introduce here into the hobby, I'm all ears.

Last time I got my sister one of those... "stupid otaku thingies that boys like"

It didn't end too well...

- Tak (Sniff)

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2015-08-31 22:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tak (Post 5637157)
Last time I got my sister one of those... "stupid otaku thingies that boys like"

It didn't end too well...

- Tak (Sniff)

Maybe because you didnít do it in order? :heh: You see, you buy your sister a gunpla after she expressed an interest in it, not suddenly give it to her willy-nilly. Otherwise, itís a gamble (and it seems youíve lost the bet :D).

Tak 2015-08-31 23:33

No no no, I am not that naive as to get her something she expressed no interest in. The fact is, she did express interest in those "stupid otaku thingies that boys like" and did express the desire to test waters. Didn't turn out too well. -Sigh-

- Tak

Chibiloli 2015-09-01 02:50

I decided to ask my sister which of them she wanted and she said she wants one like my Build Strike, complete with the fighter, I already have both build strikes so I think I'll just get her either a perfect strike or a strike with a skygrasper with the extra equipment.

Skye629 2015-09-02 22:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chibiloli (Post 5637279)
I decided to ask my sister which of them she wanted and she said she wants one like my Build Strike, complete with the fighter, I already have both build strikes so I think I'll just get her either a perfect strike or a strike with a skygrasper with the extra equipment.

Dont get the HG Perfect Strike, the only reason to get that kit is to get the Launcher and Sword packs in one go to put onto a better HG Strike

There's no HG Skygrasper atm, there's the RG but IDK if thats compatible with HGs, and getting her a RG Strike to start might be a bit much



IMO get the HGCE Strike Rouge
http://static.hlj.com/images/ban/ban989162_0.jpg

Chibiloli 2015-09-03 07:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skye629 (Post 5638583)
Dont get the HG Perfect Strike, the only reason to get that kit is to get the Launcher and Sword packs in one go to put onto a better HG Strike

There's no HG Skygrasper atm, there's the RG but IDK if thats compatible with HGs, and getting her a RG Strike to start might be a bit much



IMO get the HGCE Strike Rouge
http://static.hlj.com/images/ban/ban989162_0.jpg

She's gonna hate me but I decided to get her a command gundam.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:40.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions Inc.