AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Little Busters (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=124)
-   -   Little Busters ~Refrain~ - Episode 7 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=122938)

monir 2013-11-16 00:25

Little Busters ~Refrain~ - Episode 7 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Little Busters ~Refrain~, Episode 7.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

elior 2013-11-16 10:49

this was great episode and very good begining to the importend arc in the show

Kanon 2013-11-16 11:39

I take it we've finally entered Refrain now.

A new loop has started. Rin and Riki's memories were wiped but their strong feelings remained. Kyousuke's previous failure with Rin -who is now worse off than she has ever been- seems to have taken quite a toll on him. He's so depressed he can color the walls black just by leaning on them :heh:

Everything rests on Riki's shoulders now, and he's off to a pretty good start. I'm sure he won't make the same mistakes as Kyousuke.

Yye1 2013-11-16 12:01

Wow, so we have finally entered Refrain, pretty good start

Team Rocket Elite 2013-11-16 13:26

Yep, Refrain has finally started.

MCAL 2013-11-16 14:51

And so it begins...

ginger02 2013-11-16 15:54

As someone who never read the visual novel, I have no idea what's going on now.

MCAL 2013-11-16 16:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by ginger02 (Post 4910818)
As someone who never read the visual novel, I have no idea what's going on now.

As some one who has read the VN, I can assure you that's natural.

DmonHiro 2013-11-16 16:59

Oh boy... here we go. It's time for a feel-trip. Damn it, Kyosuke sure blew it last time... His pain was subtle in episode 6. Now.... not so much...

Deathscyther 2013-11-16 17:14

That was a good episode. They went through the start of Refrain pretty fast, but the important scenes made it in. I have high expectations for the remaining episodes. :)

I like how 'the light' returned in Rin's eyes after throwing her first fastball. On the other hand, they made Kyousuke look even more depressed by adding a layer of 'darkness' around him. This was a nice touch.

And Riki...I know you're not a genius when it comes to thinking of fun things to do and I know Rin isn't really mature for her age, but you can't expect to entertain her by putting on a mask and then be like 'Peekaboo!'. She's not that childish...:heh:

ChampDream 2013-11-16 17:37

is feel weird seeing Kyousuke depressed like that, it look like is up to Riki to fix everything.

DmonHiro 2013-11-16 17:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChampDream (Post 4910925)
is feel weird seeing Kyousuke depressed like that, it look like is up to Riki to fix everything.

Well, his plan did backfire something awful. You make yourself the bad guy, throw everything away for the greater good, and then find out that you made things WORSE.

GDB 2013-11-16 17:47

As someone who hasn't played the VN... I'm starting to get bored with the series now that all the interesting girls are gone. That and Riki/Rin spending entire episodes trying to figure something out that we, the viewers, already know.

Dr. Casey 2013-11-16 18:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by GDB (Post 4910936)
As someone who hasn't played the VN... I'm starting to get bored with the series now that all the interesting girls are gone.

My interest level is taking the precise opposite road, but Haruka's presence is sorely missed. (I find her by far the most attractive of the Little Busters cast)

I always love stretches in stories where everything's shrouded in mystery and nothing makes sense. The fog of confusion is sure to be blown away this next episode or two, but for the moment I'm enjoying the sheer mindfuckery of the beginnings to the Refrain story arc.

Reckoner 2013-11-16 18:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by GDB (Post 4910936)
As someone who hasn't played the VN... I'm starting to get bored with the series now that all the interesting girls are gone. That and Riki/Rin spending entire episodes trying to figure something out that we, the viewers, already know.

I wouldn't ask you to tell me what you think you know, but judging from the message boards I been reading in general, a lot of anime only viewers are actually pretty confused and don't know what's going on. Either that or their guesses are actually off the mark. So I think saying that the viewers know what's going on is a bit of a stretch.

Maybe you have gotten bored these last few episodes, but this to me is the core of Little Busters! Without Refran the story cannot be justified in any way. This is where everything is tied together.

Leo_Otaku 2013-11-16 20:35

Really good episode. I thought for a minute they were going to cut out some story but realized they have some episodes still to go. I loved how they played the game opening track in there. I can't recall if it was in the game as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reckoner (Post 4910970)
I wouldn't ask you to tell me what you think you know, but judging from the message boards I been reading in general, a lot of anime only viewers are actually pretty confused and don't know what's going on. Either that or their guesses are actually off the mark. So I think saying that the viewers know what's going on is a bit of a stretch.

Maybe you have gotten bored these last few episodes, but this to me is the core of Little Busters! Without Refran the story cannot be justified in any way. This is where everything is tied together.

I really agree with you here. This is the core of Little Busters. There is also more to these last episodes than just figuring out things.

Gavisi 2013-11-16 22:04

So happy with that last scene. For those who haven't played the VN, the music that starts when Masato says "you've come far enough" is the title screen track. When I played the VN, I found the combination of the music ("wait this isn't in-game music!") and Masato suddenly admitting there's something up with the world, to be an incredibly powerful tone shift. It's still one of my strongest memories from the VN.

I do think this episode was confusing and could've used a bit more explanation. The VN doesn't spell things out, but has extra clues that help you figure out on your own why Riki suddenly doesn't remember the events of the semester.

GDB 2013-11-16 22:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gavisi (Post 4911156)
I do think this episode was confusing and could've used a bit more explanation.

I don't know, the title of the episode itself seemed like a pretty good explanation.

Dr. Casey 2013-11-16 23:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by GDB (Post 4911186)
I don't know, the title of the episode itself seemed like a pretty good explanation.

You're speaking in riddles. :heh: I mean, I get that there's been a time loop back to May 13th, but there's nothing thus far to explain why this May the 13th is so different from the one depicted in the first episode of the original series.

DmonHiro 2013-11-17 03:13

I think it's easy to guess why this May 13th is so different. Time does loop, but not everything gets rewritten. Kyosuke, Masato and Kengo seem to retain their memories. Rin and Yuiko seem to remember fragments. Others, like Riki, don't remember anything except vague feelings. But either way, some things carry over from one loop to another. The girls that disappeared didn't come back the next loop. Rin's trauma from the previous loop stayed with her in this one. And Kyosuke knows how badly the last loop went, and it's killing him inside. He made Rin worse.
Masato and Kengo seem to know how the script goes, but this time, Riki is pushing it off the rails. They were extremely shocked when Kengo hit Riki, but then they continued the "story" like it was "supposed to" go.