AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   One Piece (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   One Piece Movie 10: Strong World (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=84977)

xris 2009-08-09 09:42

One Piece Movie 10: Strong World

Due for release on the 12th December 2009

From One Piece Wiki
Quote:

What is known about the film is that it is an original story by Eiichiro Oda and is set between the Thriller Bark and Sabaody arcs as Brook is shown alongside the other Straw Hats, making this his first movie appearance. Sengoku, Garp, Shanks and Whitebeard are revealed to be in the film as well.

The movie seems to focus on Nami, who looks to have gotten herself into a situation and possibly forced to leave the Straw Hats once again to join the enemy. In this case, a figure named Kinjishi who, judging by the room the Straw Hats busted into, may be some sort of organization leader. The movie also seem to deal with a "Crystal" ship log.
ANN: One Piece Film Strong World > One Piece Creator Oda to Oversee Production of 10th Film
AniDB: One Piece: Strong World

Prestige 2009-08-09 09:45

One piece movie 10 Strong World

Spoiler for Warning! epic cannot be contained!:

Its written by Eichiro Oda and its been made over year now...its going to be big and signifigant... I think it would deserve to have own discussion thread here aswell.

I consider this the first true One Piece movie, it has all major charecters of OP including Whitebeard,Sengoku,Shanks and lots of others, its been supervised and written by Oda... this movie will be awesome by default...

It will reach theathers at 12.12.2009... DECEMBER!? Well good is worth of waiting and I have to say this will probly be most anticipated film for me in this year!

Rainbowman 2009-08-09 13:27

The movie would be epic indeed. The only thing that worries me is what will happen to Nami in this movie. :twitch::upset: I've had this kind of bad feeling when I first saw that trailer on Youtube which was after the credits of movie 9.

Master Mold 2009-08-09 14:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prestige (Post 2569756)

I consider this the first true One Piece movie, it has all major charecters of OP including Whitebeard,Sengoku,Shanks and lots of others, its been supervised and written by Oda... this movie will be awesome by default...

Naw, I don't think so, characters with statues of Newgate and Shanks etc would just be making cameos at best. I wouldn't be surprised if what we saw in the trailer is what you will see in the full movie that involves them. So again I don't think they will play a big role in this story.

james0246 2009-08-09 15:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rainbowman (Post 2570151)
The movie would be epic indeed. The only thing that worries me is what will happen to Nami in this movie. :twitch::upset: I've had this kind of bad feeling when I first saw that trailer on Youtube which was after the credits of movie 9.

I still don't get why you, or anyone, would have a "bad feeling." It's a movie after all, so any plotlines/storylines started in the feature will be resolved in the feature (that's kind of the whole point of one of these films - a encapsulated arc that has a distinct beginning, middle, and end that in no way directly influences the real story). If Nami "betrays"/leaves her crew (as the trailers seem to indicate), then it will be momentary (ala Zoro betraying the Strawhats in the 5th movie), at best.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Master Mold (Post 2570272)
Naw, I don't think so, characters with statues of Newgate and Shanks etc would just be making cameos at best. I wouldn't be surprised if what we saw in the trailer is what you will see in the full movie that involves them. So again I don't think they will play a big role in this story.

Agreed. Whitebeard, Shanks, etc will all be there just to boost the effect of whatever villain Luffy and company will have to face. I seriously doubt they will play any real role in the feature, and if they do, we will know instantly that the feature is completely outside the actual universe, that there will not be any point of even thinking about canon.

Prestige 2009-08-09 16:10

Its not canon, none of the movies are canon.

I havent really liked OP movies, not even Movie 6 what many praise.

One Piece movies usually are low budget, writtten by animation teams and overally not that enjoyable, though I liked few of them on some degree.

This particular movie is written and supervised by Oda himself and since One Piece has already been extremely enjoyable story I am confident that this movie will be very enjoyable aswell.

Ignoring entire movie just because its not canon to manga story is bit silly, its like refusing to watch all other Quentin Tarantino movies except Pulp Fiction because they dont connect to Pulp Fiction anything.

One Piece charecters are intresting and even if it isnt cannon it still can be very nice movie and worth of watching.

The Chaos 2009-08-09 16:19

I never watched any One Piece movies before but I think this might be great one ...after all i love Nami's Arc so I might enjoy this one :p

Rainbowman 2009-08-09 16:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prestige (Post 2570443)
I havent really liked OP movies, not even Movie 6 what many praise.

I bet you never liked movie 6 because of the horror in the movie plot. :twitch::upset:

Prestige 2009-08-10 03:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rainbowman (Post 2570522)
I bet you never liked movie 6 because of the horror in the movie plot. :twitch::upset:

I do watch horror movies pretty often, I am not sure do I enjoy them but some of them do scare shit out of me but I guess I like the thrill.

I dont consider movie 6 having any horror elements, I found entire theme of movie little hard to chuckle and strife between strawhats bit forced I also hated art, though combat scenes are fluid and nicely done facial and charecter art looks very bad.

Final fight against baron and that metallic flower had element of desperation on it what I liked but overally I wasn't that impressed on movie 6.

My fav movie was with Gasparde and pirate race but I generally dont enjoy previous OP movies, I actually hate the fact that movies claim they are canon to the story what is just discrace.

Strong World will instead be written by Oda, have all charecters and elements of One Piece and its not even trying to be canon, but a good and exciting story.

Norland/Galgaras flashback during Skypiea had quite little meaning for story but I absolutely loved it and it brought me to tears.

mageormike 2009-08-10 04:15

so.... for those interested, the first non-teaser trailer is up on the movie's official site.

http://www.onepiece-movie.com/

I wouldn't be calling this one low budget :D

I am quite excited and glad that I live in Japan to see in theaters this winter!

Pito 2009-08-10 07:17

hands down, the best movie poster ever!

Bonta Kun 2009-08-10 17:51

Wow now that looks like it will be epic, I like the fact I spied Luffy wearing that red shirt with tie so good chance we'll actually get to see the crew in the awesome gangster get ups:D

sanzo 2009-08-11 00:50

looks awesome i cant wait. this'l be the best movie since movie 4 and six

Kir 2009-08-11 03:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by mageormike (Post 2571505)
so.... for those interested, the first non-teaser trailer is up on the movie's official site.

http://www.onepiece-movie.com/

I wouldn't be calling this one low budget :D

I am quite excited and glad that I live in Japan to see in theaters this winter!

Youtube version is available in this link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMLwasqtMSw

mageormike 2009-08-11 04:45

Yeah, other than 4 and 6 there really haven't been too many good ones have there?
(granted I haven't watched 8 or 9, but those are condensed arcs, and thus don't count^_^;;)

The Chaos 2009-08-11 08:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kir (Post 2573715)
Youtube version is available in this link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMLwasqtMSw

this Look Really Cool Movie :D

lonewolf777 2009-08-11 16:24

Spoiler for ID:

Rainbowman 2009-08-12 12:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by mageormike (Post 2573865)
Yeah, other than 4 and 6 there really haven't been too many good ones have there?
(granted I haven't watched 8 or 9, but those are condensed arcs, and thus don't count^_^;;)

Movie 4 I admit is quite cool. Movie 6 however contains so much horror that makes me want to brutally murder its main antagonists in a movie reinactment.

edit: To get back on subject, I saw the trailer on youtube.com along with the promos. It seems there are animals involved. From what I could make out there's a black and white striped bear, a blue-furred tiger with black stripes and long teeth, a caterpiller-like creature chasing Sanji and Usopp, a giant octopus chasing Luffy, and a creature that Nami is defending for its protection which is a human-sized duck much like Vivi's friend Carue except with a red headcrest of a rooster.

sanzo 2009-08-13 22:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by lonewolf777 (Post 2574951)
Spoiler for ID:

im pretty sure he is. i think the only reason kinjishi was even mentioned in the manga was to hype the movie.

Blackbeard D. Kuma 2009-08-15 16:52

Spoiler for Minor spoilers regarding Impel Down: