AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Borderlands 2. (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=106357)

Tetra Vaal 2011-08-18 13:17

Borderlands 2.

Looks like you can dual-wield now.

Drake 2011-08-18 14:21

Cant wait loved the first.

Collecting new guns was really additive and I'd get all excited every time I found a red box.

I just hope the ending is a little more substantial this time round since the first didn't really have ending to speak of you just killed a blob with a mouth on what felt like just another mission and the credits rolled...

creb 2012-10-13 16:55

Words fail me at how no one at animesuki seems to have played this game.

I wish all shooters were this good. And, from a loot-fest perspective, it blows away all the traditional point and click dungeon hacks, like Diablo/Torchlight/etc. Hell, there's more story packed into this game then most recent "rpgs". :heh: Am I the only one that cries in the corner at the lack of any real story in most western rpgs these days? :heh:

It takes what was good about Borderlands, and amps it up to an 11.

Now, if only we could enter third-person view like we used to be able to, for screen shot purposes, at least.

Also, Cherami Leigh did a fantastic job of voicing Gaige. Her Echo Logs were hilarious.

Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread) Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread) Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread) Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)

Tokkan 2012-10-13 17:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by creb (Post 4394741)

I have been playing, but I've been waiting until other people posted before even considering a discussion.

Totally agree with your assessment of the story and of stories in "RPGs" in general.

FlareKnight 2012-10-13 18:22

I have to agree those Echo logs were just pure hilarity. Just makes the character all the more appealing.

Sadly computer had to get fixed so not able to jump in and play this for a few more weeks. At least it looks pretty damn fun.

Wandering_Youth 2012-10-13 22:03

I can't help but think of Trigun with all the wild west reference and themes this game has. I can totally see a cell shaded Vash in this game.

Wow, after listening to Gaige's recordings I can see her being best friends with Tananis lol.

jedinat 2012-10-13 23:56

I've been playing this game off and on. It's okay; decent. Better than the first game but still suffering from... feeling artificial? I don't know. The game world feels like some sort of survival arena and very obviously not a place where anyone actually lives. Maybe its problem is its large environments and pseudo-settlements/cities sort of seem like the game is trying to be like Fallout 3 or something... but it's not. And I get sort of tired of killing the same enemies in the same way wherever I go.

Blaat 2012-10-14 02:55

Started playing this a month ago, and I only play it with my mates when we have the time. I'm at the part where
Spoiler for massive spoilers do not click unless you're far into the game:

In terms of gameplay I find the game to be average, the story is okayish but the humour is great definitely one of the funniest games I've played.

creb 2012-10-14 04:01

This game has so many easter eggs/pop culture references (yea, yea, some people hate that stuff, but I love it), it's hilarious (Gaige's skill tree cracks me up).

Secrets and stuff!

On my own, I don't think I stumbled across even half of them. And, I thought I had done a pretty good job of exploring. :D

Finished the game and got level 50 earlier today with Maya, which is why I was looking for this thread. Kind of crazy with the sales it has had, how little attention it's received here. :p Granted, I was too busy in RL to start playing until this past week, but it's been out...3 weeks?

First DLC is out next tuesday. I'm curious whether it's meant for level 50 characters, or if it'll scale to a character's level, or what. Granted, the fighting is secondary to the dialog, characters, humor, in my book, but still. I don't want to be fighting a bunch of level 7 pirates or anything. :heh:

gsilver 2012-10-14 08:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by creb (Post 4394741)

Sure I have, I just don't post here about videogames :p

The Firehawk shield was amazing. I can only imagine what a level 50 version of it would be like.

Tong 2012-10-15 06:31

One of the best selling games and we've got only 1 page of discussion? lol...

I got this game, and gotta admit it's an amazing and addicting experience.

Ak3mi 2012-10-15 08:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tong (Post 4397361)
One of the best selling games and we've got only 1 page of discussion? lol...

I got this game, and gotta admit it's an amazing and addicting experience.

I think people have it, but there is not much to discuss on, other then upcoming DLC. Its a very straight forward game, and hasn't changed much from the first. I am not trying to bash it, I loved the first game and I love the 2nd even more.

I found 8 legendary items by level 30, Pretty lucky compare to when I play torchlight/Diablo :p

Duo Maxwell 2012-10-16 02:59

Was too busy with XCOM, so I haven't played it much. Beside, the only one I'm interested in is Gaige anyway.

Kyero Fox 2012-10-16 07:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell (Post 4398595)
Was too busy with XCOM, so I haven't played it much. Beside, the only one I'm interested in is Gaige anyway.

Hmmm I wonder why. :uhoh:

:heh:

willx 2012-10-16 15:53

Hm.. With all the people saying there's no story continuity.. I wonder if it's silly for me to be playing through the first one first..

I just bought Borderlands 1: GOTY edition and wanted to finish it before I started on 2 :heh:

Wandering_Youth 2012-10-16 16:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by willx (Post 4399302)
Hm.. With all the people saying there's no story continuity.. I wonder if it's silly for me to be playing through the first one first..

I just bought Borderlands 1: GOTY edition and wanted to finish it before I started on 2 :heh:

I suggest you should for the whole background story, but it might be boring playing by yourself as I think no plays the first game anymore.

Kyero Fox 2012-10-16 18:28

just wiki it all :P thats what I did.

Ak3mi 2012-10-16 18:31

Kyero is right :D Just wiki it, unless you are really interested in the story. I want the pirate DLC :/

creb 2012-10-20 15:09

Decided to start the DLC with a new character, so it wouldn't be completely trivial, even though it technically scales to your level.

Only put an hour in so far, but it's definitely more of what you either love or hate about Borderlands. :heh:

And, for anyone who hasn't already seen the trailer for it:

Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)
Also, Sir Hammerlock's introduction of Gaige:

Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)
I'm playing her for my second runthrough, and she's definitely...well, there's no polite way of saying this...ezmode. :heh:

Kyero Fox 2012-10-20 17:08

She's only EZmode if you play her good, real EZ mode would be Axton's double turrents.