AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   (L) Sensei no Ojikan (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=11699)

musouka 2004-04-15 11:17

Sensei no Ojikan

I already downloaded the raw of this, but it should be interesting to see Seichi's job on it. I couldn't believe how hard it made me laugh.

Proz 2004-04-15 12:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by musouka
I already downloaded the raw of this, but it should be interesting to see Seichi's job on it. I couldn't believe how hard it made me laugh.

They did a good job subbing the sound effects & profiles and translating the most of the cultural references. It wasn't an "Azumanga Killer" to me but it was just as crazy as Azumanga. It was like a mix of Azu & Cromartie

I predict that the teacher & the gay student will soon get cult followings like Chiyo & Osaka.

stpehen 2004-04-15 13:10

Cute show. I don't think it will be more popular than Azumanga, especially since the character design is rather bland, but I like the fact that there are actually male students! With personalities!

musouka 2004-04-15 13:21

Yeah, actually, I think I like the male portion of the cast better than the female. Kitagawa cracks me up, though...

Hayamaneko 2004-04-15 14:29

pretty good, but not nearly as funny as Azumanga. the artwork a bit too simple though ^^;;

a_nevels666 2004-04-15 17:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hayamaneko
pretty good, but not nearly as funny as Azumanga. the artwork a bit too simple though ^^;;

The first episodes of Azumanga Daiou weren't much funnier than this IMO.

It really, REALLY reminds me of Azumanga Daiou, in a good way.
(It pre-dates Azumanga Daiou by the way...)

Anyway, I've got to give credit to Seichi for the excellent job they did on this: translating all that text flying around, translating the credits, the translation notes that explain stuff...just excellent.

Definately recommended.

Yamano667 2004-04-15 18:01

Another azumanga daioh clone 13 episode series pretty short ..I guess there isnt much to tell on this story :p

Lyreleaf 2004-04-15 18:23

This was really good. I didn't think I'd like this show but I found it really funny. All of Mika-sensei's students are real characters. The ED theme is great too!

(Seichi-Fansubs did great subtitling this, can't wait for episode 02 from them.)

Shii 2004-04-15 18:39

Seichi did an awesome job on this, they get 3 Wahas and a Choia.

drvtech 2004-04-15 21:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashibaka
Seichi did an awesome job on this, they get 3 Wahas and a Choia.

What's a Wahas and a Choia? Can they be eaten?

/me is hungry ^^;;

suires 2004-04-15 21:38

I wasnt really sure that I want to download this series. After reading the postings, I think I will give it a try. :p

BTW, I like any anime series with good music. :)

Village Idiot 2004-04-15 21:41

Tominaga with a butcher's knife is so scary... *shudder*

Spooky-Electric 2004-04-15 21:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by a_nevels666
The first episodes of Azumanga Daiou weren't much funnier than this IMO.

I agree, I don't think it's fair to compare 1 episode of this series to a full 26 episodes of Azumanga. If I were to judge Azumanga on the first episode I wouldn't say it's anything special either, and that turned out to be absolutely amazing.

Village Idiot 2004-04-15 21:52

I heard from people that have watched the 2nd episode say that it's much better than the 1st.

Can't wait for it to be subbed :)

jennwenn 2004-04-16 00:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yamano667
Another azumanga daioh clone 13 episode series pretty short ..I guess there isnt much to tell on this story :p

Another? How many "Azumanga clones" are there? :eyebrow: I don't think we should be so quick to dismiss this series.

Keitaro 2004-04-16 01:09

Reminds me of Azumanga Daioh but not nearly as funny. Though its nice to have both female and a male cast. I sort of like it but I just cant see why they made the teacher kid like, she looks like shes 7. Isn't she supposed to be 27 or something. :eek:

suires 2004-04-16 02:27

All I can say is I am completely lost. What is this episode all about? :confused:

BTW I like most of the VAs and the music too.

Geist 2004-04-16 02:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Village Idiot
I heard from people that have watched the 2nd episode say that it's much better than the 1st.

Can't wait for it to be subbed :)

The first episode was more like an introduction, I guess that's why it wasn't that good, but now that all characters have been introduced they can start the craziness. ^_^

Btw, thanks for your amazing subs, Seichi.

K_R 2004-04-16 04:56

Waha is a hidden character in Suigetsu (adult game). I've been told that she's your character's 13-year old sister... Don't know who that other person is.

Shii 2004-04-16 08:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by K_R
Don't know who that other person is.

Waha's pet human.

Hi, you're reading Page 1 of a very long thread. Here is a funny webcomic to keep you entertained.
http://paintedover.com/uploads/2/tomoyo076.jpg