AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   KonoMini (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   This Ugly and Beautiful World [Kono Minikuku mo Utsukushii Sekai] (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=11021)

Bullsquat 2004-04-06 12:00

This Ugly and Beautiful World [Kono Minikuku mo Utsukushii Sekai]

I watched the first episode expecting something like Mahoromatic. Well, it doesn't have that feel at all and I'm glad. My first impression is that this show has great potential.

What do you guys think?

SimplyEd 2004-04-06 12:40

Yeah, i'll back you up on the "potential" part. A really nice opening episode with an even nicer dark undertone to it. Let's just hope for the best and see what the future episodes will bring us since gainax shows are usually quite good but the ending episodes are usually screwed as hell (see Mahoromatic S2, NGE for reference)^^
Anyway, the shows "extinction-theme" does look promising.

dreamless 2004-04-06 12:55

First thing first, the intro and OP are absolutely FANTASTIC IMO. the opening song "Metamorphose" is terrific, on par with "cruel angel thesis", and the animations of the OP is perfectly done to combine with the song to build the right atmosphere to start the anime.

The anime itself looks very unorthodoxical and has a very interesting start. It seems to combine the "feel" of EVA, Saikano, Mahoromatic and Chobits together (how is that possible? don't ask me :p)

And I love the two male lead a LOT (which is quite a rare thing, and I hate the male leads of both EVA and Mahoromatic), the one female lead appears in this episode looks very cute and has some "promising potentials" too ;)

Phoenix-kun 2004-04-06 13:19

well, the opening song is not that bad.
Hm, and come to think of the actual episode, it's kind of ... strange o,O.
Besides, yeah this girl first reminds me a little of Chobits, but after the end of Episode 1, I think there is more behind this girl.

Furthermore, when I saw the transformation I thought "oh no, please no more typical cliché Heros". But luckily, it's not like that, well at least not like many other Super-Hero-Transformation-anime.

This sure looks interesting.

DemonEye 2004-04-06 13:29

Well the first episode was ok. Nothing special.
This series is like a mix of Devilman and saikano *lol* ;).
But I will keep on watching.

dreamless 2004-04-06 13:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phoenix-kun
well, the opening song is not that bad.

Hmm... I thought I meant the opening song is great... well, I love Cruel Angel Thesis anyway :p

Kagari-chan 2004-04-06 13:51

The OP is excellent... I've always loved Takahashi Youko music ^^ The ED song is okay, but not as good IMO.

Phoenix-kun 2004-04-06 14:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by dreamless
Hmm... I thought I meant the opening song is great...

sorry, it wasn't a direct respone to your post.
I meant that the OP song is not that great to me, but still hearable.

Crimson 2004-04-06 15:16

Has any group decided to start fansubbing this series yet? So far i've been hearing alot of good things about this series so i'm definately going to check it out.

Antonik 2004-04-06 15:16

Looks like a promising shows, anyone know how many epsidoes it'll have?

Antonik 2004-04-06 15:17

look for this show under the name " Kono Minikuku Mo Utsukushii Sekai " a torrent is out.

Griffith 2004-04-06 15:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crimson
Has any group decided to start fansubbing this series yet? So far i've been hearing alot of good things about this series so i'm definately going to check it out.

Yup, Anime-Keep has the first episode out. AnimeOne will be doing it too, it seems.

Kagari-chan 2004-04-06 15:23

Anime-Empire and Anime-Keep have released episode 1. The series will be 12 episodes long if I recall correctly.

Crimson 2004-04-06 17:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antonik
look for this show under the name " Kono Minikuku Mo Utsukushii Sekai " a torrent is out.

Oh christ!, i didn't know the name was different. And i just finish downloading the raw version too -_-

LoveOfAnime 2004-04-06 18:09

This show definitely looks interesting but here is my curiousity "I want to know more about Hikari?"
Spoiler:
The leading males are cute and the animation is good so this one will be one to watch. :)

IMSabbel 2004-04-06 18:48

Looks interesting.
Very catchy opening, good animation, nice charater design, good voice acting, promising story potential....

About Hikaru
Spoiler:

NoSanninWa 2004-04-06 18:53

I was rather impressed by the feeling of power that Takeru's transformation exuded. Normally when a character super-jumps he bounces lightly and gracefully off the scenery. He is very different. He leaves craters in the ground and shatters trees that he jumps off of. The palpable sense of raw power is shockingly brutal.

ChibiDusk 2004-04-06 19:06

I'm downloading right now, going slow as hell though.
I actually think I'll enjoy this seasons anime :p

Breogan 2004-04-06 19:08

I was very impressed after watching it, since I was expecting just another ecchi series. The story is very promising, the characters look pretty cool and the animation and voice acting are great.
Spoiler:

AkihaTohno 2004-04-06 19:15

I've never seen Mahoromatic, and I think i should be thankful?

But I liked this one! I want more! I'm expecting it to be different and crazy at times, especially with Hikari.